OP-F1 Beginning a new life (completed)

As i walked through the west gate of the city of beginnings i walked over to left and stood next to an npc gate guard and watched as players were walking in and out of the gate. I tried to get my bearings by bringing up the map interface and checking my position. Without proper equipment i was going to need help but it can't just be anyone player killers will be all over the place and I'm not exactly equiped for so major battles ahead but who should i start with? I scanned the players walking past not one of them grabbed my intrest so i decided to test out my sword i unsheathed it and began swinging it around just to get the feel for it all the while keeping close to guard for protection. The weight of the sword felt comfy and having had atleast basic training with such a thing gave me a little advantage over the common new player still it can't hurt to practice.

Arekkusu as usual loved to hang around in areas high up yet no one sees him. It was something he loved to do, but in this case, he wanted to see how the material hunts were going. Instead, he saw many waves of players all flowing smoothly through the crowds except for one, who seemed to be new since he only had cloth clothing on. Arekkusu called out from above on the balcony-like area.

"Hey there." Arekkusu called. "You, I mean the guy who looks a bit confused about the game. Do you need any help?"

While i was randomly swinging my sword around i heard a voice calling out clear over crowds of players passing by someone was shouting to some guy who looked confused so i stopped to look around and couldn't see anyone looking confused, and then it dawned on me everyone else was going about their business and here i am swinging a sword around like a fool when i should be looking for away to get started.

"Yea hey the person shouting if your refering to me then yea i could use a little help" i shouted back unsure how to proceed while i shouted this i slowly inched my way towards the npc guard again just to be safe while i waited for the voices owner to reveal themselves

"Yes yes I know." Arekkusu said. "An intermidiate player on the first floor. But if you don't trust anyone, how do you plan to survive?"

Arekkusu then jumped over the railing and landed on the ground, the damage Mitigation taking affect and causing Arekkusu to feel no pain when he landed on the ground. "My name is Arekkusu." Arekkusu introduced to the newer player. "And you really shouldn't rely on NPCs so much, they won't be with you throughout your journey, players will."

This guy was clearly more experienced than most of those going in and out of the city so i decided for now to play along as for the comment about the npc i think i can trust that much about this person the guard looked half asleep anyway.

"Ok nice to meet you arekkusu i'm" ... i stopped just for a moment to check the name above the health bar i could see in corner of my vision "Tom yea i know boring name but its the first thing i could come up with" i said.

I looked around to make sure no one was watching our little exchange knowing full well i could die in this game is unnerving but I've come out of worse before so I'm not going to let a game get the better of me

"Do you mind if i ask why exactly you are hanging around on the first floor by the way I'm sure there must be more interesting things to do up there than down here" questions are always a great way to get to know some one and if npc's are going to be of little use in the future it can't hurt to have a few people i can atleast rely on

"Well life isn't all about fighting." Arekkusu said. "Not even in this death game you have gotten into, just like the rest of us. If you haven't noticed yet, we're all gambling our lives in order to play this game. The fact doesn't really bother me, I've seen way too much to be bothered by that, but I thought it was best to let you know. I normally hang around just about every floor since there is nothing for me to do, I normally help the lost like in this case. You need help and I'm the one that often gives it. Don't expect free items from me, but I'm willing to guide you along until you can stand on your own two feet here. Remember, you only get one shot at the game, and the penalty for that shot is your life."

"Right understood" checking my surroundings again i noticed the crowd of players behind had began to thin out and only one or two players were passing by here and there

"So where should a new blood like myself start I'm assuming most of the good gear is on the higher floors correct?" I asked

im not sure why but i had a good feeling about this guy and that doesnt happen often with me so trusting my gut instinct i thought this was a gamble i should take

"Well i have no Col as far as I'm aware so I'm gonna make a guess and say i either need to learn a trade or go out and kill mobs to earn some correct?" I asked i tried to avoid sounded to much like someone who was doing this his first time but since hadn't a clue i thought i had better ask while i flicked open my menu trying to find Col balance

Crozeph finished eating his bread and took out another one from his inventory "five left" he said. Crozeph has been planning on taking on a quest but after what he did the past few days, he felt that he should take a breather on the chaos and battle around the game. "I guess its time to help out others" he thought as he chewed off his bread. Crozeph glanced around the players around him "not much appearing today, busy or slacking off?" he thought. Crozeph's attention was caught by two players talking and one of them he knows. Crozeph walked towards them and looked at Arekkusu "you're not taking him to someplace dangerous right?" he said jokingly. Crozeph has known the guy to be adventurous and it might be too much for the player who seems a little new or maybe he just saw for the first time.

As i started to walk away sword unsheathed i noticed someone approaching arekkusu so i stopped to linger for a moment to assess this new individual. He began making conversation with Arekkusu asking if he was taking me somewhere dangerous. Before Arekkusu could reply i spoke up

"He was just showing me the ropes I'm kinda new here i was just about to set off in search of some simple mobs to kill" i said to him "who are you if you don't mind me asking?"

Crozeph scratched his head and laughed "ahh I'm sorry, I'm Crozeph" he said "what a blunder Crozeph, you forgot to introduce yourself" he said to himself. He looked at the player's starter pack "be careful if you're planning to go out in the open" he said. Crozeph felt a faint fear at the player who begins to make his way to an open area, away from the safe zone "if you need help just ask us, I may not be of much help but I'll do what I can" he added. Crozeph looked at him "before I forget, what's your name?" he asked the player.

"It's pretty much simple" Crozeph gazed at the path leading outside the city "you kill some monsters and hopefully they'll drop loot if they are generous enough" he said. Crozeph had no luck on gathering loot so he makes the most out of his kills. "You'll get the hang of it easily but if you don't start now, you'll get nowhere" he said. Crozeph has been taking on most of his adventures alone and maybe this time having a new player around to help might be a change for him.

Crozeph looked at the player "I can tag along, but all the col and items will be yours" he said "it's all right with me, I might as well use my free time to help" he said. Crozeph opened his menu and looked at the map "I don't want to get lost again" he said looking at the map. He then turned his eyes on the player "so where do you want to start? there's plenty of places here that thinking of them makes me tired" he said. Crozeph moved his shoulder "just tell me if you're ready."