[PP-F1] Miniboss of the Forest (Azureth, Draterion, Tom) (Complete)

Azureth walks towards the entrance of the monster's lair. Previously, he made 2 new friends. Now, they will all be fighting their first serious battle together. He wasn't very nervous, as he knew he could win with the help of his friends. He did acknowledge the creeping thought in the back of his mind, though. This monster could be more powerful then the party had previously thought. "So, what's the plan?"

"Try not to trip over" I said remembering my last fight with a creaature of the forest. Mistakes happen though so i tried to use my mistake to raise the mood a little plus. a good joke here and there always helps. Funnily enough though the trend seemed to be catching on next it will be Draterion to slip up somehow but because of his level i fail to see how he will fall victim to the same clumsiness that took a grip of me and Azureth

Azureth softly laughed. It seemed that Tom, like himself, often lightened the mood. Good. "Draterion, do you have any more info on this boss we're about to face?" Azureth asked while eating a loaf of bread. The party would need to know about the boss's abilities and stats if they wanted to plan ahead. Knowing his friends, however, planning ahead probably wasn't something they would be doing.

I took out a bottle of water it was the first time i had drank in this game and it felt good. Drat was standing around staring into space again so i stepped forward and waved in his face. "Hey you lagging?" I asked. As silly as it sounded this wasn't the first time Draterion had just stood there blank. Whatever hospital he was being looked after in they had pretty unstable internet there and that wasn't going to us any favours in the heat of battle. Last i heard the outside world had rerouted most internet connections to the hospitals. This one was clearly missed out.

Draterion pulled out the guide book. "This is what it says:

Ancient Golem

HP : 20

Damage: 2

Special Modifier: When the Ancient Golem is reduced to 10 HP, he becomes frenzied. This gives him one additional damage and lowers his opponent's BD rolls against him by 1. However, since he is panicking, his MD rolls are reduced by 2.

Doesnt that sound fun?"

I unsheathed my sword ready to press on, noddedd to my friends and stood at the ready for out next move. I wasn't going to lie to myself i felt nervous ... very nervous to be exact what ever is waiting for us further into the forest is going to tough to take down and with mine and azureths basic equipment we wernt exactly set to go up against such a tough foe. Taking one last deep breath i stepped foward ... and then stopped dead. Something was coming ... and it was big ... very big.

"It seems a bit difficult..." Azureth says. He becomes slightly nervous. This monster aught to take a while to take down. He or tom could die, but Draterion was probably safe. However, this is what he wanted. A difficult enemy. They could use the frenzy to their advantage, focusing on dodging during that period. "Alright. Let's do this." he said with a slight waver in his voice.

Draterion was the first to see the monster when he charged in.

ID 2580

BD-2

MD-7

Draterion charged in, slashing his sword around like a barbarian. But he missed by a mile and the beast threw him into the ground. Draterion tried to yell switch, but he was almost thrown all the way out of the cave. They were to far down. So Draterion slowly got up and headed down into the cave once more.

Health

Draterion-37/39

Golem-20/20

Azureth-13/13

Tom-13/13

Hate

Draterion-0

Azureth-0

Tom-0

Tom-0

-PermaRoller-

ID: 2587

BD: 3

MD: 9

Azureth, once again, uses the same attack he always does. He charges at the golem, hoping to attack it with a thrust. However, he predicts his aiming incorrectly, missing. I should probably plan ahead before I attack. I need to stop recklessly charging forward. Azureth decides to use a blunt force attack next time.

Draterion ran up to the golem with his sword raised high into the air, and lashed it's arm off, but it quickly regenerated. "What?" Draterion charged the other way, yelling switch, but the golems arm smacked him into the ground before he could get very far into the sprint. "Ouch!" Draterion quickly got up and poi TD at the golem, telling them to charge it while they could, hoping for successess.

BD-9

MD-7

Hate:

D-1

A-0

T-0

Health

G-16/20

D-35/39

A-13/13

T-15/15

Please excuse the interruption. I have noticed that the vast majority of the posts in this thread violate our one-liner rule. We encourage all players to post at least 5-8 solid, well-written sentences. This keeps players from acquiring points for lackluster posts, and improves the quality of the site overall. Please take a moment to correct the one-line posts in this thread by using the grey "edit" button in the lower right-hand corner.

Consider this a friendly reminder. However, if you refuse to make these edits, or this behavior continues, I will delete your posts and issue warning points.

Thank you so much for your cooperation.

I heard Drat shout switch and looked over to azu who seemed to be trying to recover still. Just at that moment a messege popped up in my vision. 'Weapon Appraisal complete'

'Weapon recieved - The Golums Bane'

"Alright!" I shouted quickly opening my menu to switch weapons. I could see Azu still trying to keep out of the reach of the golum and drat dodging as best he could. I jabbed the equip button and felt the weight of my new weapon on my back.

Drawing it i rushed the golum the blood red blade lighting up once more to. a brighter blood red colour.

Tom rolled 10 on BD

"LIGHTNING WIND" I screamed cleaving both of the golums legs off as i swung my new weapon bringing it to its knees

Golum recieved 6 dmg

Health

G 10/20

D 35/39

A 13/13

T 15/15

Hate

D - 1

T - 2

A - 0

-PermaRoller-

ID: 2617

MD: 5 - 2 = 3

BD: 2 - 1 = 1

Azureth put his new strategy into action. He carefully circled to the back of the golem while it was recovering from Tom's sword skill. He then jumped into the air, making a vertical arc for the golem. Azureth raised his spear above his head, ready to use the blunt force of the rod to deal damage. However, he soon figured out that he miscalculated the trajectory of his leap, sending him spiraling past the golem. He figured he missed because he was too caught up in the moment. Azureth wasn't physically damaged by the fall. In fact, he was mentally strengthened. Now, he would take extra care in his aim.

"Guys, it's HP is at ten! Remember what the guidebook said?

Special Modifier: When the Ancient Golem is reduced to 10 HP, he becomes frenzied. This gives him one additional damage and lowers his opponent's BD rolls against him by 1. However, since he is panicking, his MD rolls are reduced by 2.

So be careful!" Draterion Focused on the enemy again and charged forward, hitting the beast backwards suspending anyone from attacking it besides him. "Blinding Flash!" Draterion yelled as his sword stroke left then right then left then right again, knoching the beast onto the ground in just two little seconds.

(Stats in spoiler)

Hate:

D-2

T-2

A-0

Health:

D-35/39

A-13/13

G-7/20

T-15/15

Bd:8(-1[golem])=7(hit)

MD:2(-2[golem])=0(miss)

Since the golem was now frenzied I backed away ready to attack once more once I noticed an opening. It turned to face drat and that's when I decided id strike. Taking my chance I approached from behind and jumped on its back impaling my sword into its back. It raged and grabbed me off its back throwing me against a tree which hurt like hell but I was alive and that's what mattered. ''Azu switch'' I shouted as best I could that hit really did a number on me.

BD 9 - 1

MD 9 - 2

Health

G - 5/20

D - 35/39

T - 10/15

A - 13/13

Hate:

D - 2

T - 3

A - 0

-PermaRoller-

ID: 2637

BD: 10 - 1 = 9

MD: 5 - 2 = 3

Azureth knew why he kept making mistakes. This time, he launched an attack the correct way. Azureth leaped into the air above the golem. He rotated his body to face downwards. Azureth then pointed his spear face down, making him look like an arrow about to fall. He let his weight push him into the head of the golem. "Yes! Finally. I actually did something!" Azureth comically exclaimed. He jumped backwards to avoid a retaliation. The golem was almost defeated. Azureth had almost beaten his first strong mob.

Health

G - 2/20

D - 35/39

T - 10/15

A - 13/13

Hate

D - 2

T - 3

A - 1

Rolls in spoiler

BD:9-1=8

MD:3-2=1

LD:8+1=9

Draterion watched as the golem ran after Tom but he couldn't handle it. Draterion charged at it swinging crazily and chipping part of it's rock body as it began to regenerate it's legs.

I can't let it do that!

Draterion began his favorite sword skill as his sword grew into a beautiful neon green color, then Draterion screamed as he sprinted, "BLINDING FLASH!" His sword made many cuts on the left to the right repeadely without stop as Draterion pulled his sword off the enemy after several blows to both sides, then slammed the blade into it.

"Wahoo!" Draterion screamed as the loot menu came up to him.

Loot:

Stone Iron Metal.

Azureth walked to Draterion and Tom. "So... that's that." Azureth sat down on a nearby pillar in the boss room. "If that was just a floor 1 miniboss... Well, I'm not going to worry about the later floors for now." Maybe the next thing he should do is head to the second floor. He felt powerful enough. However, for now, he decided to follow the others wherever they decided to go.

I looked at the loot and was a little disappointed at what I saw. ''I really gotta get me a cloak of midnight'' I said Maybe one day ill get the drop or be able to commission someone to make it until then ill keep looking. ''LEts head back for now we could use a rest'' I said I was pretty tired and this had been a successful adventure which I thoroughly enjoyed. The fight was my first boss fight and I had won maybe a few more like that and ill be ready for floor 9