{SP-F1-10} A quest for a sword {Earning a Living} «Complete»

"Alright, so I'll need a sword." Enjuru muttered as he once again found himself wandering through the large town on the first floor. He had just recently failed killing a pack of wolves and he felt shamed for that fact. He wanted to be the strongest player in SAO so he could escape to his sister. His sister. Enjuru's mind was constantly surging with thought, but at the top of his ideas was his resolve. He was willing to go to hell and back for his sister, and despite loving the escape from his tortured reality, he knew Sayoko needed him. And he needed her. Enjuru knew what it took to make a sword, and he was willing to go through the challenges of gathering materials, fighting monsters, and making the blade. There was just one problem, he didn't actually know how to use the skill. He knew he would need some outside help for this one, so he decided he'd break the act and actually try being nice to people. He walked into the local inn and sat at the front, idly chatting to see if anyone knew a blacksmith who could help him out.

When talking with the other players, Enjuru managed to learn of the quest <<Earning a Living>>. He decided to seek out the NPC who ran the quest and found an older looking man without a cursor. The man turned out to be the NPC and gave the usual quest prompt of yes or no. "Alright, I'll be a blacksmith." It gave him the usual quest objectives and he decided to go look for some ores in a rock of some kind. He ran out of the Town of Beginnings and, while dodging potential enemies, made his way to a cave, jumping into it. Actually it was more of a fall, as the cave's small entrance was obscured by the thick grasslands. "Ow..." Enjuru muttered, having just fallen face first into a cave, although taking no damage. "Alright, I found a cave..." Enjuru thought, trying to make out any monsters ahead. There was just one wolf. He took caution, realizing relaxing his guard would do him no good, and slowly advanced through the cave.

The Lone Wolf was a powerful wolf, despite being on a low floor, and protected the hidden crevice that made an entrance, serving as one of the cave's main guards. He watched the player known as Enjuru, lying in wait to spring his trap, as his minions hid in the darkness of the cave behind him, waiting for his signal to begin an attack on the player slowly advancing towards them. Enjuru leaped forward and cut the lone wolf, dealing 1 damage. The wolf howled and suddenly Enjuru was surrounded by 3 Baby Wolves. "Well, crap." The player said aloud, looking around at the 4 wolves surrounding him.

ID: 2815

Mob: 10

Battle: 7

Enjuru {Lvl 2}: 7/7

Lone Wolf {Lvl 3}: 6/7

Baby Wolf {Lvl 1}: 4/4

Enjuru viewed the situation in a statistical way, looking over his opponents, trying to determine the best choice of action. He saw the movement of a Baby Wolf bracing itself to jump, and waited for the movement to reach action. Just as the wolf jumped, Enjuru dropped to the ground and shot his sword upwards, sending the wolf skyrocketing into the short ceiling of the entrance, dealing 2 damage (1 base + 1 crit fail). "Alright, that's another weakened..." Just as Enjuru began to get up, he saw all of the other wolves bracing to jump individually at their opponent, all jumping at different timings. Enjuru did some quick calculations and determined the order in which the wolves would jump and rolled just in time to dodge the first, getting up and jumping to avoid the second, and ducking to avoid two baby wolves. He realized the Lone Wolf was the last one in the attack sequence and he saw why when he blocked his attack with his sword, as he felt its power through the blade, a savage hit that had done no damage. He was sure that would have shattered a normal sword in reality, but then again this world wasn't real. He shrugged of the hit as quickly as it was dealt and got ready for his next attack.

Enjuru: 7/7

Lone Wolf: 6/7

Baby Wolf: 2/4

Baby Wolf: 4/4

ID: 2819

Mob: 1

Battle: 5

The Lone Wolf growled ferociously, masking a signal to change tactics with simple anger. The player Enjuru leapt forward with attack as all the other wolves leapt forward once more, this time in unision. The brown haired player took 1 damage from getting cut from one of the baby wolves just after Enjuru sliced his blade through their leader, the red-eyed black-furred wolf didn't seem to notice. All of the wolves kept jumping at the player, but he managed to block and dodge his way out each time. The element of surprise got him the first time, and now that he knew what to expect, he continually dodged each attack. The wolf growled in another tone to signal another tactic change. Each of the wolves surrounded him again. "This is fun." The player muttered in a barely audible voice.

Enjuru: 6/7

Lone Wolf: 5/7

Baby Wolf: 2/4

ID: 2822

Mob: 6

Enjuru heard a low grumbling noise coming the Lone Wolf. The baby wolves stopped moving. "I see... His growls are signals... If I kill him, his minions should be easy to pick off one by one. This is certainly strange AI for a first floor mob... Maybe he's a miniboss..." Enjuru thought. The wolves jumbled together in a group, with the black wolf hidden in the center of the group. The Lone Wolf roared once more, and 16 more Baby Wolves emerged from the dark. Enjuru inwardly sighed as the group bounded towards him, fangs bared and claws bursting forth from their paws. "This is going to take forever..." He thought as one of the wolves charged ahead of the group and bit his hand. Enjuru saw an opening as the wolf wouldn't let go. It was the weakened wolf from before, and the brown haired blacksmith in training smiled as he threw the small wolf from his hand, launching it into the crowd of Baby Wolves, clearing a path to their leader while simultaneously killing the weak wolf. It shattered into light as Enjuru charged forward into the crowd of wolves, his sword ready to thrust into the leader and either send him flying or turn him into light pieces. He called out, "Let's finish this!"

Enjuru: 5/7

Lone Wolf: 5/7

Baby Wolf: Dead

Baby Wolf: 4/4 for the other 19

ID:2826

Mob: 7

Battle: 9

Loot: 1

Obtained: Nothing.

The Lone Wolf watched as his minions parted and opened him to an attack. The wolf wasn't about to give in to this player, so he bounded forward himself, moving to meet his opponent with a swipe of his paw, intending to end the fight with one strike. They both flew into eachother at top speed, Enjuru thrusting his sword into the giant wolf, knocking him backwards over the crowding wolves closing in for another attack, and the Lone Wolf grabbing onto Enjuru's cloth armor, sending both tumbling along the cave floor, madly trying to finish the fight. The Baby Wolves began to crowd around them again, but the red-eyed wolf growled in another low pitched signal, telling them to not interfere.

Enjuru: 4/7

Lone Wolf: 4/7

Baby Wolves: 4/4

ID: 2830

Mob: 6

Battle: 6

"Keeping them away? Honorable but stupid choice." Enjuru told the wolf, thrusting twice into the wolf, who was digging his claws into his shoulder. He sighed as he realized this fight may end with him bursting into light. He should attempt to run and avoid this. He began thinking through possible choices for escape. He held his blade up in defence as the large wolf took his paw from Enjuru's arm and began attempting to strike him down. In his thoughts he failed to notice that the force was increasing in the wolf's strikes, it wouldn't be long before-"SNAP!" The blade shattered, the wolf's strong paw went right through it but missed Enjuru, shaking the teen from his thoughts. "Ohhhh... Not good!" Enjuru moved from side to side, his blade shattering the rest of the way into light, as he dodged the wolf's attack repeatedly.

"Well, I guess I'll have to improvise."

Enjuru: 3/7

Lone Wolf: 2/7

Baby Wolves: 4/4

ID: 2831

Mob: 9

Lost: Starter's One-handed straight sword.

The Lone Wolf braced himself for an attack, getting ready for a physical attack. He noticed the player was getting ready to strike as well. "Well, let's get this over with!" He shouted, as the black wolf growled another signal and one of the Baby Wolves prepared to leap at the player. At the same moment, they both charged for an attack, but the player Enjuru seemed to notice the Baby Wolf brace itself. He stopped his attack and jumped out of the way, leaving the two wolves to collide in midair, rolling over. The wolves took 1 damage each, and Enjuru rolled into a trap, taking 1 damage as well. (Crit fail damage)

Enjuru: 2/7

Lone Wolf: 1/7

Baby Wolf: 3/4

Other Baby Wolves: 4/4

ID: 2951

Mob: 1

Battle: 1

Enjuru was caught in the trap, a spring-loaded snare. He was unable to break out, and the best idea he could think of could kill him if it went wrong. "Well, since I've got no choice..." He waited there, unable to move from the trap, and waited for an attack from a wolf. It was the Lone Wolf itself. It struck the trap with it's powerful paw, cutting Enjuru and breaking him out of the trap. He grabbed one of the spines caught in his armor that miraculously didn't deal a bleeding effect, and pulled it out, intending to use it like a dagger. He heard another growl and watched as the Lone Wolf's minions surrounded it. "I'm gonna need some luck for this one." He said as he pulled his arm back, using some quick thinking to find the best place to aim. He figured the best time to strike would be when they were running. Less accuracy, but more effect. He said as he hit full draw back. He watched as the crowd of wolves bounded forward and came closer and closer, waiting for the perfect moment. He threw the spine and ran, not waiting to see the results. The small sharpened piece of metal struck home in the Lone Wolf's computer generated temple, breaking it into light. The Baby Wolves growled as they ran after him. "This is gonna be a long night!"

Enjuru: 1/7

Lone Wolf: Dead

Baby Wolf: 3/4

Other Baby Wolves: 4/4

ID: 2954

Mob: 8

Loot: 2

Obtained: Nothing.

The small white wolves followed Enjuru throughout the halls of the dungeon. Enjuru was on 1 health and knew that he had to avoid damage at all costs. The wolves couldn't follow him all through the cave though, they couldn't enter the small safe area that Enjuru escaped to. The wolves growled, but their AI took over. They left him in the safezone.

"What a lucky break..." Enjuru said aloud.

Enjuru: 1/7 {Now Recovering 1 HP per post resring in the safe zone.}

Baby Wolf: 3/4 {Left}

Other Baby Wolves: 4/4 {Left}

ID: 2961

Battle: 1

Mob: 7

(Sorry for just throwing in a safe zone despite the dice, but I don't really wanna die on my first quest!)

Enjuru sighed, sitting down in he safe area, resting, just barely escaping from the wolves. He brought his right hand down and looked through the map data he got. "I don't think anyone's found this yet..."

He thought as he remembered what he came here for. "I need to find some minerals. I'll look through this secret place later." He looked around in the safe area and realized there was a small amount of ore in a stone lodged in it's wall. He wondered how he'd get it out and remembered the pickaxe the NPC had given him. He materialized it from his inventory and got ready to dig out the small amount of iron in the stone, bringing the pickaxe back.

Enjuru: 2/7 {Recovering}

"CLINK!" The simulated sound of steel on iron ore echoed throughout the cave as Enjuru slammed the pickaxe into the stone in the wall of the safe area. He continually hit the stone, searching for something good. Unfortunately the iron he had found was covered in small holes and stones. It was impure! He punched the wall. He expected the usual <<Imortal Object>> message, but instead, he moved it out of the way. "What?" It opened a small labyrinth, opening a small hidden room under the safe zone.

"Weird..."

Enjuru: 3/7 {Recovering}

ID: 2970

Loot: 12

Failed ore mining.

Enjuru walked down the steps, taking caution with every step, not having fully recovered. "Hold on... I leveled up?... That's helpful... But I still have to- Oh wait!" He thought aloud, remembering the pickaxe he has for the quest. "Not much of an improvement, but at least it works as a weapon." He said, testing how balanced it is. "I wonder if there's a special pickaxe? Probably, considering the mechanics in this game..." He pondered the thought for a moment, and then remembered the task at hand. He tightened his grip on the pickaxe, walking down the steps. "My HP's increased and been healed by 4 points." He thought. He reached the bottom of the staircase and looked at the door. "I guess I'll try the action-y door opener." He opened the door slightly and looked into the room. "An empty room? I don't think so..." He thought and he braced himself to kick the door open. "Here we go!" His foot slammed into the partially opened door as it swung the rest of the way open. It really was empty. He didn't trust it, but he saw nothing in the well lit room. "Strange. Maybe there's another loose block around here." He thought out loud as he began feeling the walls.

Enjuru: 7/9

ID: 3007

Mob: 3

{The way my system here works is through each room, I roll. If the mob dice is higher than battle, there are monsters. If it's the other way around, no monsters. Smart, eh?}

Enjuru sat back against the wall, having thoroughly searched the walls of the room, and finding nothing. He sighed as he allowed himself to relax, he had just felt around the walls for a good hour. He wondered what the room could be for. As he thought through several possibilities, he heard a moaning through the wall he was lying against. He took the noise in slowly and gradually, as he slowly registered it within his thoughts. He took in a sharp breath as he finally recognized someone talking in a low pained voice. "Give in to the black realm of rest... Sleep... Fall... To the dieing... Of the light... Release your hold on sight. Fall to my voice, child." "What the..." Enjuru tried to get to his feet but his muscles seized up. "Fall... Fall!... FALL!"

Enjuru woke drowsy and frightened. Cold sweat dripped down from his forehead, taking in his bearings. He was in the small room under the safe area he'd found, pickaxe lying forgotten on the floor. He remembered the dream, and the words she'd said. He wondered what that dream could possibly represent. He thought through it and came to the reasonable conclusion that it was simply his brain manifesting the fear of the death game. He knew he would probably have that dream over and over, even when he'd escaped. "Nightmares take hold of your mind until you turn it into a lucid dream." He realized that during his sleep he'd healed his remaining health. He remembered the task at hand. Finding a way to advance. He'd looked throughout the room and found nothing. He looked through his map data and decided where he'd walk to. He decided to try sneaking around. He walked back up to the staircase to the safe area and continue moving. He made sure no monsters were lurking just outside the safe zone. He ran outside and practically flew forward the the next bend around the hall. He stopped and started hiding just at the end, and looked over the corner. There he found the remaining Baby Wolves lying in wait. They noticed him and stood up, growling. "They've lost their leader. This'll be a quick in and out slaughter." Enjuru thought as he tightened his grip on the pickaxe.

"Well, my base damage should be 2 with this thing. Crits will be helpful." Enjuru smiled as he realized how weak his old sword had been.

"Well, best to not keep them waiting. 20 wolf eradication begin!"

Enjuru: 9/9

20 Baby Wolves: 4/4

ID: 3029

As Enjuru charged forward the wolves began moving in erratic patterns, all moving in different patterns, some jumping forward to strike missed. As Enjuru dodged the strange movements of the wolves, he wondered why they move like this. "There must be a commander somewhere..." His question were answered as he heard a low grumbling noise from one of the wolves. The wolves crowded together to attack in a coordinated attack. They all leapt forward at once but he dropped to the floor just in time to move. "I hate it when I'm right!" He got back up and threw the pickaxe like a boomerang into the crowd of wolves, but his calculations were off and he missed. "I swear-" He darted to the left to avoid the wolves group attack. "I'm going to-" He moved again to dodge them. "Kill every wolf in this-" A jump to avoid a diving jump of the group. "Game!"

Enjuru base DMG - 1 = 1 base DMG.

No DMG dealt.

ID: 3063

Mob: 4

Battle: 3

Enjuru watched as the wolves surrounded him. He looked around and saw a gap in between 2 of the 20 wolves. He also saw that one of the wolves was getting ready to jump. Enjuru broke out in a run as the wolf jumped. Enjuru punched him into his pickaxe, knocking the pick out and dealing 2 damage. (1 from the punch, 1 from the pickaxe.) Enjuru kept running and caught the pickaxe by the handle, bringing it back to finish the job. He swung the pick forward and the wolf turned to light shortly after. (2 base damage with the pickaxe.) He got his pickaxe ready and stood, waiting for an attack.

"So, who's next?"

Enjuru base DMG + 1 = 2

Enjuru: 9/9

Baby Wolf: Dead

19 wolves remaining: 4/4

ID: 3039

Mob: 4

Battle: 8

Loot: 19

Obtained: 20 Col + 1 <<White Wolf Hide>>

Enjuru listened as to which direction the growl came from this time. "Back right, 1 wolf over." He said as he watched the wolves begin to split into groups of 3, except for one group of 2 in the front,his eyes constantly shifting directions, making sure none sneaked behind him. He ran forward, darting from side to side, his eyes constantly watching every group. As a growl emerged from one group in the back, the group of two leapt forward. Enjuru tried to slide under them, but one stray paw from the two cut his face. He winced as he watched his HP drop but regained his composure almost immediately, kicking himself up from the slide he took from under the wolves, and continued to move forward. "I see the commander's group. "I can't believe I didn't notice the difference. The leader has red eyes and is named White Wolf!"

Enjuru: 8/9

White Wolf: 6/6

18 Baby Wolves.

ID: 3043

Mob: 8

Battle: 2

Enjuru jumped to avoid 2 of the wolf groups charging at him. He kept running as he saw the opening to their leader, tightening the grip on his pickaxe again. As he jumped 2 groups of 3 wolves and one of 2 mixed together behind him, and they all jumped forward at once, hitting Enjuru in the back and knocking him into the White Wolf. His pickaxe slammed into the wolf, dealing 2 damage and he took 3.

"Woo-hoo! That was fun! Let's keep this moving!"

Enjuru: 5/9

White Wolf: 4/6

18 Baby Wolves: 4/4

ID: 3044

Battle: 8