{SP-F1-10} A quest for a sword {Earning a Living} «Complete»

Enjuru landed onto the White Wolf and grabbed the ears of the beast, riding it and slamming the pickaxe into it's simulated skull. Enjuru knew that taking down the leader held maximum priority, but that didn't mean he can't enjoy it a little. The red-eyed wolf ran through the crowd of it's minions, dragging Enjuru along, cutting him while he was riding through. The wolves almost cut their master a couple times during the ride. "Well this levels out the playing field a bit!" Enjuru called as he moved himself into a sitting position.

Enjuru: 2/9

White Wolf: 2/6

18 Baby Wolves: 4/4

ID: 3051

Mob: 10

Battle: 8

Enjuru held on for dear life as the White Wolf bucked and ran around. Enjuru noticed the were nearing the safe zone. Enjuru was about to jump off and make a break for it when the wolf suddenly threw it's head back, knocking Enjuru off and curving his run to face him once again. Enjuru stood up as the wolf charged again. The brown-haired young man moved out of the way just in time for the wolf to miss. He tightened the grip on his pickaxe once more.

"Phew. That's one tough wolf."

Enjuru: 1/9

White Wolf: 2/7

ID: 3055

Mob: 8

Battle: 4

Enjuru watched as the wolves regrouped and prepared to charge again. Despite his low HP he forced himself to wait until the last minute to run. The safe zone was no longer close, but he was confident that he would be able to find another. As the wolves approached, he braced his legs to leap between the wolves at top speed, hoping to endure the wolves' assault. Luck was on his side. What he didn't notice was that during the battle, he leveled up once again, and he had healed 5 HP. He charged through the crowd at the last second, hitting the White Wolf with his pickaxe, causing it to shatter into light. However, jumping into the crowd of wolves wasn't the best idea. He took 2 damage from the wolves and broke out into a run. He turned the corner and found another safe room. He jumped in and sat down, resting again as his adrenaline rush stopped, and he once against stopped to check his map data and items. "Level 4 and a new sword? Boy, that's a lucky break. These safe rooms are sure convienent as well." He took out the sword and gave a couple test swings. He slid the sword into it's sheathe, satisfied. He looked through the safe room. "More ore? This is really weird. Maybe we should call this Blacksmith's Paradise!"

Ran

Enjuru: 4/11

White Wolf: Died

18 Baby Wolves: Left through hidden trap doors .

ID: 3056

Mob: 9

Battle: 5

Loot: 17

Obtained: <<White Wolf Longsword>> {Common}

Enjuru swung his pickaxe, hitting the rock once again, having been continually hitting the rather large stone within the safe room. He finished another pile of the iron ore, looking back at the stone as he allowed himself to fall over. He sighed as he saw there was still more ore waiting to be mined. He smiled. "Such a great bounty, and yet all of this that I've mined is impure." He had stopped to inspect for anything strange several hours ago. Too much rock. Wouldn't heat properly in a furnace. That's how most of the ore looked anyway, and based on logic, he determined that nothing important was in the room. But something told him to move forward, a gut feeling telling him to stay. He didn't mind, he was in no hurry, and so he decided to mine all the way through. He got back up and stretched as he prepared to continue mining, grabbing the pickaxe in both hands, as he realized he hadn't even made a dent in the stone. He sighed and wanted so badly to give up, to just leave it be, but he kept moving, trusting his instincts.

{Probably should have mentioned that the «White Wolf Longsword» gives Enjuru 3 base damage.}

ID: 3199

Loot: 7

Enjuru hates his gut instinct... For several reasons. He was just mining... For 6 hours straight. He was just about ready to collapse when something forced him to push forward. He took a brief rest, and then burst forward, swinging his pickaxe in quick succession. He finished off the rock quickly--6 hours of constantly swinging a pickaxe at a rock tends to destroy it. He swayed, finally giving up to exhaustion, collapsing. "Okay, I'm dead..." He muttered in an almost inaudible voice, wondering how Kayaba managed to put in a way to be exhausted in game. He closed his eyes and pictured the GM typing on a computer, writing endless lines of code. He opened his eyes. He wasn't tired anymore. He brought his right hand down to check his menu. His eyes widened as he saw the time. "How has it been this long!? I must of passed out!" He had checked the time several times during the mining he'd just been doing, and now mentally kicked himself for dropping his guard. He moved over to the stone he'd just mined and examined the ore he got several hours ago before he fell asleep. He smiled as he realized it was pure iron. He'd finally had the good fortune he needed to get what he required. But then he frowned. "Great, I need 1 more iron ore." He sighed as he got up to search for secrets again. He saw a stone tablet on the wall where there the ore had been. "What the...?" He tapped it, bringing up a menu that reminded him of a treasure chest, but it only had a picture in it. He frowned as he realized this dungeon was just one big puzzle. As he inspected the picure, he deciphered roman numerals hidded behind the apparant storm of random askew shapes. "Seriously? This is the weirdest puzzle I've ever found." He thought as he found the letters "XXI" in the picture. Enjuru was learning roman numerals for some abstract numbers to use against his math teacher the week before he bought Sword Art and entered the Aincrad castle. "Let's see... 21. Could that mean... 21 blocks from the tablet?" He asked to himself as he counted the tablets and pushed the tablet. Nothing happened. "Well, time for plan B." He punched the block, actually moving it that time. "There we go." The wall shook and slowly parted. He instinctively touched his hand to his swords hilt, prepared to charge forward and chop the monsters if required. He waited for the walls to part and the candles along the hall light. He looked down, and saw another door under a staircase. "Another room. This is feeling more and more like a boss dungeon in other MMOs..."

Enjuru: 11/11 Equipped: «White Wolf Longsword», «Cloth Armor»

ID: 3232

Loot: 17

Enjuru peered through a small opening he'd made in the door, as he looked into the room. "An empty room? Strange." He opened the door the rest of the way, sliding his hands along the walls. He moved a panel on the wall and found another tablet. He tapped it and it brought up another picture, this one appearing to be a sandstorm. He looked around for the subtle signs, and this time making out a rather long poem.

"Hidden dramas by walls concealed. Worn; now cracked, utterly revealed.

Ignominy consumes the gentle reflection.

Once buried scourge; today’s resurrection.

No mortar, no sand; no matter.

Lifeless head offered up on a tarnished platter. Days afore to be affronted again.

Tomorrow’s bright future; trashed by yesterday’s sin. Dreams migratory crash impasses stoic reminder. Walls now down, where revelations abound. Pride begets humility; one more lesson found. Cheap tricks reveal this fool’s silent demise. Sweet secrets become boldly the beggars cry. Walls which once concealed…" He took a second to find the last words. "Now reveal." He thought through it. He allowed his mind to drift into his subconscious for an answer. He snapped his fingers. "A crack in the wall." He walked around and looked for a crack in the wall. Little did he know, he missed a line. "If you touch the wall that does reveal, a door will open, your fate is sealed." Lucky for him, he didn't find a crack in the wall. "Well, I guess I'll move on." His stomach growled. "After lunch..."

Enjuru: 11/11 Equipped: «White Wolf Longsword», «Cloth Armor»

ID: 3396

Battle: 10

Mob: 2

(And now I'm mad. Here's why.)

Craft: 10

Loot: 18

Enjuru darted from cover to cover, moving around the cave silently, always looking to make sure of no monsters as he advanced. He managed to find small patches of shade within the candle lit dungeon. He found himself near the end of the dungeon, almost no monsters between him and the dungeon's final room. He opened the door slightly and looked through, not wanting to trigger agro. He saw the boss, a wolfman named «Fenrir the Wolf God». He looked through his equipment, not happy that he had no HP potions. He made an escape plan in case things went south. In case that one was blocked, he made 4 more plans and one last resort plan. He unsheathed his white longsword and kicked through the door, the wolf's red eyes lighting as he stood up and unsheathed his own sword, the powerful «Cracklefang». Enjuru charged forward, his sword ready, as he prepared to charge the wolfman. Both equal level and health, it would be a test of strength and luck. This encounter would end with a wolfman dying, Enjuru was sure of it.

In his heart of hearts, he believed it.

«Fated Encounter»

Enjuru: 11/11 Equipped: «White Wolf Longsword», «Cloth Armor» Base DMG: 3 Defence: 1

«Fenrir the Wolf God»: 11/11 Equipped: «Cracklefang» Base DMG: 3 Defence: 0

ID: 3403

Battle: 9

As Enjuru charged forward, he witnessed how foolish it was that he had. The huge wolfman slammed Enjuru into the wall after a feint of a backhand, but actually doing a forward fist, launching him into the wall, dealing 4 damage.(3-1+2=4 Damage)Enjuru stood up again, sword in hand, preparing to go forward again. Fenrir charge forward again, swinging his paws in relentless attack. "This may not end well."

Enjuru: 7/11 Equipped: «White Wolf Longsword» «Black Cloth Armor»

«Fenrir»: 11/11 Equipped: «Cracklefang»

ID: 3551

Mob: 10

Battle: 3

Enjuru watched the wolf's attack patterns as he managed to block his repeated strikes with his sword, dodging a couple times as well. He remembered how the simulated steel of his starter sword had ended when he fought the lone wolf. He saw the increasing speeds of his strikes and determined he would have to strike at some point, or his sword would be destroyed. He saw an opportunity, he opened himself for attack, but something was off. As he thrust his sword forward, the wolf moved his head and moved to cut him as well. Luckily, Enjuru saw the movement in time to move his head as well. Both jumped away from eachother and readied their weapons. Enjuru kept silent this time intently looking over Fenrir. There was no openings this time. Fenrir jumped forward.

Enjuru: 7/11

Fenrir: 11/11

ID: 3568

Mob: 3

Battle: 2

Enjuru swung his sword in an attempt to parry the attack, however it failed. Though he managed to block most of the damage, it didn't stop the full attack, Enjuru took 1 damage. He realized the quick powerful movements of the black wolf "god" would be make quite an adversary. It reminded him of the geneticly modified wolves he'd heard about in 2020. He smiled as he remembered what he'd also heard what the U.S. did at that time. They skinned them. He once again intently stared at Fenrir, wondering his next plans. He saw what the wolfman was plotting a few seconds before he used it.

Enjuru: 6/11

Fenrir: 11/11

ID: 3574

Battle: 7

Enjuru moved out of the way of the wolfman's quick jump in his direction. Fenrir still managed to hit him, but the wolf took the more grievous attack, taking 4 damage and leaving him seemingly wide open for attack. Enjuru took that opportunity to attempt to twist the large sword from the wolf's hands. At that moment, Fenrir jumped back up, trying to gt the better of Enjuru with a series of quick attacks. Fortunately, Enjuru was nimble enough to dodge it. "Nice try." He said as he observed the wolfman once again. This time he predicted the attack a full minute before it happened.

Fenrir: 7/11

ID: 3575

Mob: 7

Battle: 9

Enjuru tightened his grip on his longsword, dropping to the ground to dodge the wolfman's attack-- a jumping upwards sword slice. As the beast began the attack and came soaring through the air, Enjuru dropped to the ground, thrusting his sword upwards with a firm grip. It worked. The beast could to nothing to avoid or block it and took the full force of the attack, taking a full 3 damage, having no armor. Enjuru rolled over and stood up as he watched the wolfman stand up once again, now at 4 health. "Things are turning around."

Fenrir: 4/11

ID: 3576

Battle: 6

Enjuru knew the beast was getting desperate. His attacks were becoming less brute rage and more of trying to survive. As Enjuru cut into the wolfman and brought him to his last point of health, Fenrir howled. Enjuru recognized the howl from the previous wolf commanders. The wolfman now had the remaining «Baby Wolves» behind him. Enjuru and the wolves didn't realize he cracked panel in the floor within he door. This beast was about to begin his final confrontation with him, Enjuru realized, and knew this would end with one of the two parties dead. He wasn't about to allow himself to die, not until he saw his sister's face again. He tightened the grip on his sword, his eyes filled with cold killing intent. They both charged at eachother.

«Fated Encounter Final Confrontation»

Fenrir: 1/11

ID: 3578

Battle: 7

{The 9 dice roll was used in making the army of «Baby Wolves» which won't last long with what I have planned.}

Enjuru was knocked back by the force of the strike he'd attempted to block, taking 1 damage (1 DMG blocked by armor, 1 actually blocked by the sword, believe it or not. Sorry if this is kind of GodMod, but I'm not dying on my first quest.)

Enjuru rolled along the floor, somehow managing to avoid being stabbed by «Cracklefang» or getting cut by the baby wolves."God, if this keeps up, I may actually die." He sighed as he realized he might as well run, finding another way to get the last mat he needs. He thought through it, still trying to not die, and finally made his decision.

Enjuru: 3/11

ID: 3580

Mob: 7

Battle: 4

Enjuru ran around his enemies as soon as he managed to stand up, still trying to avoid death at the hands of the wolves.

He ran to the door and tripped, landing right next to the cracked block. One of the Wolves bit him on the leg. He winced as he saw his health brought down 1. He looked next to him and saw the cracked tile. He slammed his fist into it, opening a door hidden in the floor next to the door. All of the baby wolves fell in-he kicked the one that bit him in. He sighed, sitting up. Still holding his sword, he saw Fenrir still alive, holding on to the door's floor. Enjuru looked at the beast and a devilish smile touched his features. "Turned tables indeed." He readied his sword to slice into the wolf man's head.

Enjuru: 2/11

Baby Wolves: Fell into the trapdoor.

ID: 3581

Battle: 1

Enjuru brought his sword down, slicing through Fenrir's head. There would be no surviving that, he realized, espicially at 1 health. The sword split the wolf man's head clean in two, bringing down his last bit of health and ending the fight. Following a reward screen revealing that he'd gotten one «White Wolf Pelt», he dropped to the floor and rested on the wall. He got up and looked back into the dungeon after relaxing against the wall for about 3 minutes. The trapdoor had shut as he observed the room once again, taking in the details he missed earlier, most obviously being the ore in the room. "Well that's kind of obvious for a boss room." He said aloud as he materialized the pickaxe. He sheathed his sword and now prepared to mind the ore on the wall opposite to the throne.

Enjuru: 2/11 Lvl up! Health healed! 11/13

Fenrir: Died

ID: 3751

Mob: 6

Battle: 8

Craft: 10 (New 'by chance' thing I'm gonna use! Craft dice decides whether or not there's ore in a room! I'm throwing it all to chance now!)

Enjuru's pickaxe picked off the last of the iron ore in the wall. He put the pickaxe back into his inventory. He bent down to inspect the ore. No impurities, 2 ore ready. He put the ore into my inventory and started walking back through the dungeon. "I already have a new sword, so maybe a chestplate?" He said aloud as he walked through the path he'd taken a bit ago, sneaking through it originally. Now he felt no threat of attack, moving through the dungeon, slowly, gradually. He thought of what he was going to do, and before he knew it he was at the entrance, (or I guess now exit) walking right through it and picking his way through the grasslands to the starting city.

ID: 3752 (I literally had to resist the urge to write ID: Heathcliff. XD)

Loot: 18

Battle: 5

Mob: 4 (Overpowered by battle, so respawn rates slowed down in order to clear a path for him.)

"So, what you're telling me, is that I could have just stayed here, you would have given me this stuff?" Enjuru inquired, annoyed at the NPC for not telling him. "That is correct, but you already have the materials, so just come into my shop and you can form what you want." Enjuru sighed as he realized his journey was almost over. "So, shall we move to the shop?" The man asked, gesturing to his store. "Alright, let's go." They walked into the shop, and the NPC handed Enjuru a small hammer as he went through the GUI to select a simple iron chestplate. He heated the furnace and repeatedly hit the metal until he saw something start to happen. The melted steel broke into light as he realized he'd failed. He cursed under his breath. "Don't worry, I have more." The NPC filled the brown haired blacksmith in training's inventory with 2 iron ore. He prepared the iron and once again heated the furnace.

ID: 3757

Craft: 1

Lost: 2 iron ore

Obtained 2 iron ore

Enjuru slammed his hammer into the steel the final time in order to finish the armor he was making. When it ended it's transformation, it became the «Iron Armor of Opening». It was basically just arm-guards. It had no back protection and no front protection, completely opening the front and back side for attack. "Well that's not... Bad, I guess. Not a fail at least." Enjuru said as he examined the hardened steel. "Very well, are you satisfied with that item?" A GUI came up, asking if he was okay with the item he had made. Unsure what would happen, he clicked yes. The item vanished before his eyes as he realized he'd given the item up to finish the quest. "Well, I guess I'm now a blacksmith."

ID: 3759

Craft: 5