[PP-F2] Flowers and Tea {Mari}

Celes continued to work on the flowers, making spiraling flowers, arranging them by size, shape, and colour. She enjoyed the easyness of this work, she began to chatter at mari, filling the space between their silences. 

"My mother taught me art, that is what she did, you know? an art teacher, so i learned from her. I like learning about impressionist painting. I think it is most beautiful when you dont have those lines confining you, just the suggestions of the images as they were seen at the time... its beautiful, it gives you perspective on how others see..." she smiled as she continued to arrange flowers. finally she finished and got up. "There we go, what do you think? I hope its good enough for this sacred place..." 

you look down, seeing something like this:

onam-pookalam-designs2.jpg

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Reminds me of a lotus - heh. It's my guild's emblem." Mari muttered as she watched the mosaic slowly take shape before her. It was the only comment she had on it for now, even after Celes had completed it. Mari did appreciate her gesture, and she did like it. It was something she couldn't ever dream of doing. But what was she supposed to say without invoking any sort of unwanted emotions?

"This Place is anything but sacred, but thank you Celes."

Celes smiled warmly "No problem! Anything for a friend" she esid, emphasizing the word friend. "I learned to do this stuff from my other long ago, I hope you dont mind too much" She looked up at the sky, the sun was beginning its rest to the west.  She looked around, this patch of the forest was quiet to say the least. As the sun began to set and the silence came in celes realized this place could even be scary, in the dark. 

But at least i have Mari with me...

"Friend huh?" Mari repeated the word - she wasn't used to reffering to people as friends. Associates? Guild Members and partners? Yes. Friends? Not so much. She wasn't sure how the term sat with her. "I don't mind Celes." Mari said quietly. Mari stood up, dusting off the derbis from her skirt before resting her eyes on Celes - who looked a tad worried that night had begun to fall. "Don't give that look." Mari said bluntly. "You're with me, you'll be fine. Besides - I've seen you fight, you hold your own very well."

Celes smiled and blushed at the compliment Mari gave her "I'm only getting started! I'll have to work more! But, well, uh, this is a bit silly but, um you see, im... um well, I'm a bit afraid of the dark! OK? there, i said it!" she buried her face into her hands for a moment "I always have been, so i get a  bit nervous when i gets dark... but its okay, i can... i'm fine"  she tried to collect herself and make her voice sound more confident than she was "I'm fine, plus, youre right! I'm not alone, so I have nothing to fear."

She had hated the dark. He visited her in the dark, and he only got drunk in the dark. 18 years later and she still got nervous around nightfall. She had gotten so used to it, there was no other way for her, at this point. She wondered what Mari might think if she found out. No, no one could know. Right now only tristan knew her weaknesses, and she wanted to keep it like that for a bit...

Mari stared at her blankly. "What?" Mari asked, her tone abrupt. "So what?" She asked, lifting her shoulders in a shrug. "It's a common fear- and in a  game like this it's clearly justified." Mari reached over to Celes, pulling her hands down from her face. "Geez..." Mari muttered, "You'll be fine. If you freak out we'll go to that hut you were talking about. Since I can go in there." Mari gave a laugh, that sounded more bitter than she had intended it to. "Hell, it'd be good to sit in a chair and eat. It's the little things you miss. Being a Pker..."

Mari turned her gaze to Celes, intensity burning in her normally dull blue orbs, as her voice took on a very stern, very serious tone. "That is why I don't ever want you to take that fall. You message me. I'll do it. I don't care about the reasons. You just tell me." 

Celes nodded, her face flush with embarrassment "Okay, i'll take you to the NPC hut..." they walked for a while Celes filling in the silence with stories from where she used to live and what she liked "My favorite food is risotto, with LOTs of parmesan, its delicious... whats yours?" 

As they arrived to the small NPC hut celes turned to mari "SO~ We'll go in and talk to him, he tells us that some Nepents are killing his garden and that he needs someone to clear them out. we clear them out as quickly as possible (they are low level) and bring him whatever he needs from his garden, and he lets us stay and he makes some really good stew for us to eat!"  She said cheerily. This had been one of the first quests she did, she was excited to share it with a friend. They walked in to the cabin...

"Hello adventurer! Come in, come in! I am preparing a meal for myself, I'm glad you came. I am having some trouble you see, and only an adventurer like you could help me!"  Celes turned to smile at Mari . "You see I usually get all of my ingredients from the forest here, but lately the Nepents have been overrunning my garden. Please help me clear them out! I dont have much, but I can reward you with a safe place to stay in the forest. A stew and a warm bath. Lust go kill those Nepents and collect some carrots for me!"   The HUD flashed before them:

Accept this quest? 
<<Yes>> <<No>>

Mari wasn't good at small talk, Unlike Celes - but Celes was nice enough - normally Mari would keep quiet about what she was like in reality. Keeping to herself much of the time. Celes had asked her what her favourite food was, "Oh..uh - chicken I guess; with white wine garlic sauce." She mumbled.  They arrived at the hut, it was a quiant little thing; Celes quickly and excitedly explained what they had to do before they entered the hut.

As they entered an old man looked up at them and smiled, he conversed with Mari and Celes;
 Mari quickly said "Yes, yes, food thanks." And accepted the quest. She really hated interacting with NPCs; it was so awkward, and clunky. How they had so much pre determined speech bothered her. NPCs never bothered her in any other game - but these ones? You almost couldn't tell the difference. Mari voiced her disdain to Celes. "I hate NPCs..."

Celes smirked at Mari's comment. " I think it's weird how uncanny valley they are... They're like, so real but... So.... Fake? Maybe? I dunno, anyway, there are usually up to three or four low level nepents in his garden, they're really easy to hit, but if you see one with fruit on its head, hit it first. Those call other nepents to come help them." She led Mari to the garden and lo and behold two Nepents with flowers.

Nepents 1 8/8

Nepent 2 8/8

Celesmeh 39/39

Mari 43/43

Mari nodded in agreement, "Honestly, that's exactly how I feel about them - I just wasn't able to put it into words." Mari equipped her blade, three or four? They didn't look like they had a lot of health either - Mari would easily be able to wipe them out in a single hit.  Mari targeted the nearest Neopet, or Nepent or whatever it was. Mari went to strike, throwing her dagger at the creature but it just laughed at her and scampered off back into the bushes. It didn't even attempt to attack.

"W-what the...?"

Battle Dice: 2 + 2 = FAIL
Perma Dice Roller #3619

Nepents 1 8/8
Nepent 2 8/8

Celesmeh 39/39
Mari 43/43 

Celes smiled at mari "They ugly, arent they?"  She ran forward and jumped, lading with her glaive into the nepent. (3621, 5+2acc) her glaive stuck into the Nepent, and it exploded into millions of bits of data "Alright one left!  lets do this and get a warm meal tonight, Mari-senpai!!" added excitedly.

Nepents 1 dead
Nepent 2 8/8

Celesmeh 39/39
Mari 43/43 

"A warm meal huh?"  Mari repeated, walking over to her dagger and picking it up. "I can't remember much of what warm meals are like; or beds. God I miss beds, I miss that warmth and that comfort. I miss that safety you feel as you snuggle up under the covers; knowing your door is locked up tight." 

Mari shrugged as she threw her dagger at the next Nepent; it impaled directly into its head and it shattered; Mari beant down and picked up her dagger, placing it back into her pocket. "The price to pay for being a killer, eh?"

Battle Dice: 7+2
Damage: 9

Nepents 1 dead
Nepent 2 8/8

Celes smiled and picked up the carrots from the garden, giving some to Mari "Okay, with this, youll be able to have a warm bed, and a warm meal... but you can keep using the bed whenever you're here, so at least its a safe place and... well... Maybe when the other floors oen up, you can get a house right? I will, you can stay whenever you like, alright?"

Celes walked with Mari back to the cabin and finished up the quest. The old NPC served them the warm meals and led them to the room. 

"Well! last time i was here I had only one bed, so umm..." 

Mari took the carrots from Celes, the sun was beyond the horizon now, and the low light had made it difficult to see the other girls facial features, she still sounded as chipper as ever; but her voice had a slight edge to it. Was it because it was night time? Mari made sure that she was the second to enter the hut, placing a reassuring hand on Celes' back as she followed her into the cabin. "Maybe." Mari mumbled. "I don't exactly feel I deserve those things, but who knows, that's a very kind offer Celes."

Mari ate her meal, it was a warm beef broth with carrot in it; she felt rather satisfied but such a meal also made her feel rather tired Mari yawned as she followed Celes into the room, she seemed to have stopped short; which caused Mari to bump into her back

-Omfph-

"Eh?" Mari peered over Celes' shoulders; standing on her tip toes. She saw a double bed, but there was only the one. So the two were to share a bed? Mari felt more comfortable around women, so didn't exactly have a problem with it. She wasn't sure if Celes felt the same way or not.

"I don't care..." Mari muttered as she pushed past Celes into the room; bringing up her HUD to unequipped her clothes and equip her satin pale pink night gown, it hung loosely off her shoulders with thin spaghetti straps, and fell just above her knees. "But if you have an issue with it I'll sleep on the floor. Hell, a floor is still an upgrade from a cave."

Celes blushed "no..I dont... mind... But, um... i warn you... i Like to cuddle so... um, i may.. um i dont mean to i just... in my sleep." she changed into her pajamas and looked at mari. "Well do you want inside or outside of the bed?" she asked with a smile. She was embarrassed, for sure. And she couldnt help that she found mari... attractive. But she was embarrassed to admit it. she hoped the other woman couldnt tell.

Mari raised an eyebrow, Celes was so adamant and headstrong. She didn't seem like the type of person to stutter or fumble her words. "Whatever." Mari said bluntly, being a woman of few words and no tact. It was her way of saying she didn't care. Why would she? She got to sleep in a damn bed. Mari went over to the bed and flung up the covers.

"The hell is a point in sleeping in a bed if I don't get to curl up under the covers." 

Mari said as she climbed straight in, shuffling around she gave a happy sigh. She didn't realize how much she missed the feeling of a bed.

Celes took out a journal and wrote something in in quickly. She went to  turn off the lights and shyly made her way to bed, awkwardly climbing in next to mari. She lay there, unmoving, tyring to make sure she didnt do anything stupid. "Good night Mari. Thanks for, well, being you." she said as she drifted to sleep. Slowly she turned toward Mari and slept hugging her. She had always liked to cuddle in her sleep, and it was her first time sleeping with someone since she'd gotten to this world. So she reveled in the warmth, never fully conscious of what she was doing....

Celes found sleep easily enough; Mari wished she found it as easily as the other girl did. Whenever Mari closed her eyes she'd see the faces of the people she had killed, she'd hear the anguished screams, and she'd see everything she had torn away from her. Mari was awake, even after Celes had fallen fast asleep, stirred and wrapped an arm and leg around Mari's body.

Mari pried the girl off her body; but Celes, in her sleep, wound up....well wound up wound around Mari. Her leg draped casually over Mari's and her arm loosely over Mari's torso. The pink haired girl gave a sigh. Closing her eyes. Celes' had a very warm presence and it wasn't one Mari exactly minded. Mari just wasn't good with people.

But Celes was asleep; Mari didn't have to worry about what she'd say or do or how she'd react. Because the other girl was unconscious. "You shouldn't be so trusting..." Mari muttered to Celes as she placed a hand on her head and tangled her fingers into the other girls chestnut locks.

Mari soon found herself drifting off to sleep, once asleep her arm fell from Celes' head and casually rested around her shoulder.

Celes woke up wrapped around her warm body "Maggie... te amo... did you sleep well dear?" she asked sleepily before....

They woke up every morning, helena, cuddles hugging maggie. "good morning, bella" she would say

"Mmmmmmm good morning" was the response as her love wrapped her arms around her

every morning, a smile that was divine

a smile that made her feel like every day would be perfect....

But... it dawned on Celes... everything happening. The game. The battles... Mari.

She opened her eyes in a hurry, quickly untangling herself. The floor hurt as she landed with a thunk "S-s-sorry! I um, no um...sorry...."  she said, her face red as tomato. 

Celes was first to sleep and last to wake. Mari had woken up some time ago but was unable to move due to the other girl being wrapped around her, her face nuzzled into the crook of Mari's neck. Celes was half asleep, calling Mari by another name - Mari didn't know much of the language but she had an assumption it meant 'my love'  Mari was able to put two and two together - and found that Celes had a lady partner back home. Not that the fact bothered her.

Celes woke with a start,flying off of Mari and the bed - landing on the floor with a harsh 'thud' as she apologized profuseley. Mari groaned as she sat up, peering over the edge of the bed. "Are you a censored idiot or somethin? It's too early for this sh*t. Get back into bed."