(SP-F3) Oathkeeper Pendant <<Search for the Hoya>> [COMPLETE]

"Hmm...I can't see the road ahead clearly.. This forest really is something..."

I keep my ears open as I can't rely on my sight. The mist are too thick for me to look around. Weird noise can be heard once in a while, but it's far from my position. If a person wants to ambush a player, than this place will fulfill the condition one needed for ambush.

Forest of Wavering Mist, a forest located on Floor Three far from the main settlement. Many players have lost their ways inside this forest, never to see the daylight ever again. Dangerous place always become a pleasure for me to explore because this place always hide valuable treasure inside. This forest holds a valuable pendant that is said to be priceless. Hearing this rumor, I quickly run to Floor 3 and begin exploring.

(Once I hit 20 on LD, I'll found the tomb. If my LD roll is lower than 10, I'll encounter monster.)

ID 3268  LD: 18

I didn't know where should I go inside this mist. Everywhere I go will lead me back into the same spot. Or that's what I thought at least. Rumor has it that the pendant are guarded by a Minotaur inside a tomb. I figure I should look for some kind of entrance to the tomb or something like that. 

"I hate it when I have to search for things in a maze. I guess I have to rely on luck."

ID 3269  BD: 10  MD: 4  LD: 8

As I walk around, I can hear something whispering near me. I can't hear the details of the whisper. I walk to the source of the voice which is behind the bush. I look over and see a green-humanoid are talking with himself while walking around the area as if it is patrolling the area. I draw my sword form the scabbard and walk towards it slowly using the mist as a cover.

Confident it didn't notice me, I jump on him and take it by surprise. It's a goblin with iron sword and a stout shield. Not giving it any chance I struck the sword at its body, lift it up and throw it to the ground again. Its HP reduced by half.

Yuji: 40/40

Goblin: 5/14

ID 3271  BD: 7  MD: 5-3

The goblin lie on the ground unable to move as I step on its body. I raise the sword high in the air and swing it down on the goblin. The blade travel from the head to its right arm, severing it from the body. The goblin turn into polygon and shatter into pieces. I swing the sword left and right before putting it back into the scabbard.

"Alright, let's continue."

ID 3272  BD: 2+1  MD: 6-3  LD: 3

I just about to walk forward when another goblin appear from the mist. This one looks stronger from the one defeated. It wields a spear; a mid-distance fight is a problem for me as I can't go near easily. I draw my sword out as the goblin thrust its spear forward. I use my sword to deflect the spear to the left and step closer to the goblin. I swing my sword up, but the goblin jump back and pull back its spear, dodging my attack.

Spear Goblin: 20/20

ID 3273  BD: 10  MD: 2

I step in even closer to the goblin. It can jump back as many time as it wants, I'll close in the distance as many times as necessary. I grab the spear and pull it to my side, preventing it from using the spear. I stab the goblin in the shoulder and pull out the sword before pushing its spear forward, making the goblin stumble backwards.

Spear Goblin: 11/20

ID 3275  BD: 2+1  MD: 7-3

I ready myself for its attack. The goblin charge at me with its spear forward; I duck and swing my sword upward, hitting the spear. The goblin lose hold of the spear and the spear fly near the goblin, stuck to the ground. I rush forward and swing my sword down, but the goblin evade it again.

Spear Goblin: 11/20

ID 3276  BD: 7+1  MD: 7-3

The speed of this goblin impress me. I didn't expect much from a goblin, but it's still a humanoid. A humanoid monster have thinking capability of normal human, at least that's how they're programmed. However when it comes to a battle of speed, I can't be beat by someone average. After it dodge my attack, I adjust my wrist and swing the weapon horizontally. The sword graze its body and inflict deep wound on the goblin.

Spear Goblin: 4/20

ID 3279  BD: 7+1  MD: 9-3  LD: 13

Without its spear, the goblin can't do anything but run around until it get its spear back. I won't let that happen of course. I follow the goblin wherever he step to and prevent it from getting near the spear. It manage to avoid all my attacks. 

That will stop now.

I run past the goblin and kick it on the leg, making it fall to the ground. I swing the sword down and slash its back. Its HP fall slowly to zero and finally turn into blue polygon before shattering.

"Alright,where was I."

(Gain 1 material, gain 100 col)

ID 3281  BD: 7+1  MD: 7-3  LD: 6

I walk forward,uncertain of what lies ahead. I just hope that I will find the entrance before nightfall. This mist really annoys me, why must Kayaba made a place like this? As I go further inside the mist, I hear the sound of something clanking. I walk towards the source of the sound and found a headless armor.

"Great,ghost. Just what I need."

I shoulder my sword and lower my pose. My sword glows bright blue as the system detects the motion for the skill <Sonic Leap>. I let the system do the bidding; I charge forward at the armor and pierce the thick armor. The  headless armor...knight raise its sword up and swing it down on me. I pull my sword out and roll to the right, evading it just in time.

Headless Knight: 17/24

ID 3368  BD: 7+1  MD: 2

The knight skilfully wield its Bastard Sword, a two handed sword with broad blade. Every swing are precise and powerful. If I clash my sword with its sword, my weapon will break. A weapon break would be dreadful in this situation. I have to duck and roll away or sidestep to avoid the blade. The knight's sword suddenly glow red, a sigh that it will use sword skill.

"Two Handed Sword Skill: <Avalanche> huh..."

I rush forward and swing my sword as fast as I can for two times before ending it with a kick. The attack manage to reduce the knight's HP by seven. The knight finish charging its skill; it swing the sword down and I jump out of the way. The sword hits the ground and it crack a little.

"That was close."

Headless Knight: 10/24

ID 3370  BD: 5+1  MD: 2

The knight enter the <post motion> state after using the skill for a few seconds. I step closer to the knight and attack on the same spot I attack earlier. The sword manage to chip away seven HP again. Before the knight could attack me, I step away from it and ready myself for another attack. 

"You may be strong, but you're way too slow."

Headless Knight: 3/24

ID 3373  BD: 5+1  MD: 2  LD: 18

The knight charge at me with its sword raised high in the air. The sound of the armor clanking every time it run can be scary. I wait for the knight to come closer at me. It's close enough to attack me and that's what it does; it swings its sword down. I step to the right, evading the attack. I spin my sword in my hand and thrust forward. The sword went through the armor plating easily. Sound of something shattering reach my ears.

"Where's this tomb..."

Headless Knight: DEAD

(Gain 1 material, gain 120 col)

ID 3374  BD: 4+1  MD: 6-3

I haven't take even one step from my place when another Headless Knight appear from thick mist and head towards me. There's just too much mobs in here. No wonder many player die before they can even get out from this place. I just want to finish this battle faster to get the treasure out of here and find the treasure. I run forward and swing my sword down, but the knight parry my attack and retaliate with a horizontal slash. I duck and make a backflip two times to gain myself some distance.

Headless Knight: 24/24

ID 3376  BD: 9  MD: 3

As soon as my shoe touch the ground, I lower my pose and bent my body forward, sword on my shoulder. The blade glows bright blue as I wait for the skill <pre motion> to end. The knight walk towards at me slowly,dragging its sword on the ground. As soon my skill can be use, I let the system takes over; I run straight at the knight and swing my sword down diagonally. The skill <Sonic Leap> able to damage the knight easily.

Headless Knight: 16/24

ID 3377  BD: 8  MD: 9-3

After using sword skill, the user will be out into a rigid state called <post motion> state. That's what happen to me and the previous knight. To make it worse, I'm sanding right in front of the knight. Eventhough the state doesn't last long (depends on how strong skill) its sufficient enough for any fighter to land a clean hit. The sword swing its sword down and hit me in my defenseless state. The blade dig into my shoulder and I can feel its weight.

I can finally move after the <post motion> state end. I lift the sword from my shoulder with my left hand and throw it to the side. The knight stumble backwards; I swing my sword up and slash the chest. After attacking I run circcle it.

Yuji: 39/40

Headless Knight: 9/24

ID 3380  BD: 3+1  MD: 5-3  LD: 20

As I fight the Knight, I move slowly from one place to another to avoid getting myself pinned down. The Knight almost struck me in the chest when I jump back and bump into a tree. I jump to the right just before the sword reach me. 

I carefully watch where I go as this mist obstruct my view ahead. At least I can still see the knight in front of me. At first everything looks good until I heard something from my behind. It sounds like a growl or something like that, but I can't look backward because the knight is charging straight at me.

The ground tremble as something approaching me from behind. The sound of armor clanking from the front makes me feel less secure. I wait for the knight to come closer and I jump to the right, leaving my luck decide my fate. I look to where I stand before and surprise to see the knight and a bull crash with each other and fall flat to the ground.

"Is that..the rumored Minotaur?"

Headless Knight: 9/40

Minotaur: 23/23

The fact that the Minotaur attack me is a good sign because this means that the tomb I must have step inside the entrance to the tomb. The problem I'm facing right now would be the 2 monsters in front of me. The Minotaur wield a large axe that can split me to half if I let myself get hit by it.

The 2 monster run towards me, making me panic for a second. 2 strong monster is a bad sign for every player. I run to the middle and slide between the two monster. Both of them didn't react fast enough to attack me.

ID 3384  BD: 2  MD: 8-3

Headless Knight: 9/24

ID 3388  BD: 8  MD: 3

I can feel my heart beats faster as both monster gets closer. I close my eyes and took a deep breath. I hold the pendant at my neck and focus.

"Remember your promise to her...."

I open my eyes slowly and look at both the sword and axe coming down fast towards me. I sigh and reverse the hold on my sword. Within seconds, I slide through both of them and place myself behind the knight. I swing the sword horizontally and readjust my grip on the sword, holding it properly before slashing its back again diagonally and end it with a kick. The knight fly forward and crash to a nearby tree.

"Come at me,you two. I won't die here easily."

Headless Knight: 2/24

ID 3389  BD: 10  MD: 4-3

After I said that words, I activate my Concentration skill. Everything moves at slower pace; the Knight try its best to get back on its feet, the swirling of the mist and the Minotaur charging at me. I grin at myself every time I'm experiencing this situation. I lower my stance at point my sword forward straight at the Minotaur. The sword glows bluish green as I activate the skill.

"Let's see how you handle this, <Vertical Arc>."

I run at the Minotaur and swing my sword diagonally at forty-five degree from top right to bottom middle at its chest. The Minotaur lets out a loud scream as the sword hits it in the chest. I readjust my wrist quickly and swing my sword up at the same degree from bottom middle to top left and finish it with me spinning a full circle. The Minotaur kneel down upon receiving the attack.

Minotaur: 13/23

Headless Knight: 2/24