PP-F5 <The Traveler> The Transporters (Arekkusu) [Complete]

(ooc: this events happened after Crozeph's SP thread "The search for a Certain Hide" where he discovered the desert floor)

Crozeph sat on the edge of what seemed like stone that is shaped like a mushroom by the constant winds in the desert. He had called on two of their guild members to help him on a quest which he has no trust to do alone "I can take on any monsters around this floor but I can't afford to get lost here in the desert" Crozeph discovered the place after he followed a trail leading to it. He immediately went back to town in which he had a hard time and took a quest about it "I'll be needing Arekkusu here, that guy's got some serious firepower" he said "I wonder if Rin will show up" he thought. There had been a new member in the guild and he wanted to meet her "I'll take a break from the coldness of the floor four for now" he said. Crozeph still sat on the stone waiting for the two he invited "this will be one of the most memorable field trip for...er...me" he said "I don't know about them, I think Arekkusu already did this one" he thought. Crozeph could only do was wait, he didn't want to go in and let them catch up "even though it doesn't really look dangerous at all..." Crozeph threw a rock on the sand "that's the bad thing, it doesn't look dangerous" he said. 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Crozeph told him to meet him and some other person on the fifth floor." Arekkusu said to himself. He still didn't know why he is doing this, but he felt it was something he had to do. Arekkusu leapt down only one floor down from his home to get there, so it should be nothing of a problem to him.

"Another player though?" Arekkusu asked. "Well that's quite something, its probably someone I met a long time ago."

Crozeph saw a player from afar and he knew who that is, Crozeph smiled at waved his hands "Heeeyyy! I'm up here!" he said shouting. Crozeph was glad that Arekkusu accepted his invitation, he didn't want to go down and greet him, Crozeph didn't want to waste the view "up here, I'm waiting for the other player..." Crozeph suddenly held on the the edge and climbed up before he could fall off "that was close" he said. Crozeph looked at Arekkusu again "I'm glad you made it" he said as he breathes fast after he almost fell of the rock where he's at.

"A late player." Arekkusu said. "Man I hate waiting for players to show up! It is way too boring!"

Arekkusu then sat down at the top of the hill and looked around the horizons, seeing if there were any other players around to see. Disappointed Arekkusu was, he just laid down and closed his eyes, relaxing, letting go of all the troubles of life in SAO. This normally caused enemies to hit him first, but Arekkusu didn't care, he normally survived anyways. Now when players come up to him, he tends to panic a bit, but it was the least he deserved for being so cocky as to actually think he can sleep outside a safe zone.

(ooc: had to drop it Arekkusu, I guess we're on our own now)

Crozeph saw Arekkusu lying down on the sand "man that person is pretty laid back even on this kind of harsh areas" he thought. Crozeph has long known that Arekkusu was strong enough but even strong warriors take an arrow to the knee every now and then. Crozeph walked towards him "hey, scorpion might tear you in half with their pincers" he said. Crozeph discovered the area after his usual roaming-around-getting-lost routines in SAO and he must say that these kind of areas can breed a weak player to a strong one "we need to get moving before a sandstorm arrives" he said shaking his friend.

Arekkusu looked back, not even a shadow among the sand. Any player could lose their sense of direction in there... if the player was too low leveled to even travel, there was no hope in trying to look for that player. He ran foward towards Crozeph to avoid getting caught in the wind. Arekkusu was the first guide, now it's Crozephs turn to lead. It had been a while since they fought alone side by side, but now that they are, Arekkusu felt so pumped up to fight. Crozeph was one of the few successful trainees Arekkusu taught, now he looks much more fearsome and could possibly fight Arekkusu if he ever needed to and give Arekkusu a run for his money. Arekkusu heard much more about him among SAO players... mainly about his addiction for bread. Arekkusu didn't judge, he was a player of habits as well.

"We better hurry." Arekkusu said. "The storm is coming in pretty quick, we need to go!"

Crozeph then began to make his way to find the cargo. Arekkusu seem to survive the conditions of the harsh are but Crozeph didn't have the skill, at least for how he didn't. Crozeph then told Arekkusu his plans for their quest, "a woman lost her cargo here, it should be a couple of boxes" he said as he tries to walk on the sand "we need to make our way to the canyon here before night falls and you know me I easily get lost so you'll be our location guide" he told him. Crozeph knew that Arekkusu could help him on finding the cargo and he hasn't gone far when he found the desert but his info about the floor is enough for them to survive till morning "just like old times" he said as they make their way to the desert.

• [iD: 4001] CD: [11]
  • no health points lost because of area conditions

"The Canyon?" Arekkusu asked. "Oh that's not too hard... if we weren't carrying cargo the whole time... was this why you needed the other player here? He/she would be useful for this certain task right now as we defend him/her."

Arekkusu looked at the Cargo, if he were to carry it, Crozeph would have to defend not just himself, but Arekkusu as well. Arekkusu cant just drop them either, so he'd need a lot of trust to continue carrying them. Arekkusu could guard Crozeph well, but then can Crozeph carry it the whole way? If they both carry some, who will defend them? And if neither of them carry it, how the hell would it go anywhere?

Crozeph nodded, the other player could help them with the guide on the way while they carry boxes but still...they only have limited time of safety on such harsh area "it can't be help, waiting for danger is a crazy thing" he told Arekkusu. Crozeph continued on walking with is attention on the sand. There has been info of monsters that crawl underneath the sand and the last time he entered the floor he got attacked by a 3 foot scorpion. "We could put the cargo in the inventory but I don't know the exact number of the boxes" he said. Crozeph was only told of a lost cargo in the desert but not the quantity that they have to retrieve.

• [iD: 4054] CD: [6] 
  • no health points lost because of area conditions

"Didn't you read the description of the quest?" Arekkusu asked. "This wasn't my homework to do, I thought you had the information already. So... at least tell me where the destination is so we can keep pulling further. I need to know where so I can help find the location."

Arekkusu looked at the cargo. Only in video games you can store items on yourself by putting them in the inventory. The cargos looked hard to carry, in real life Arekkusu wouldn't even dare think of trying to lift them. Yet there he was, ready to place them in his inventory.

Crozeph had no idea where the woman lost her cargo the quest only told him that it's lost somewhere covered in sand "if it wasn't covered in sand that would be easy to find" he said. Crozeph had bad eyesight in the real world and he's hoping that he didn't carry it with him in Aincrad. "If she lost in here then we should start near the main settlement here and try kicking the sand or something like that but for now getting to the canyon and plan where we start is the top of to-do list" he told Arekkusu. The quest seem fun but not that easy, still Crozeph had to do it "you gotta earn your reward" he told himself as he looks around the sand dunes.

• [iD: 4136] CD: [2]
  • no HP lost because of area conditions

Arekkusu sighed with his arms crossed. there was no argument there, and it's not like anything in the game was easy either. If anything, everything was hard to do, and that's what toughens you up.

"All right." Arekkusu said with defeat in his voice. "The main entrance it is, don't get caught up in the storm, I don't plan on searching for two lost people in a giant amount of sand."

Arekkusu walked forward to reach the town, it wasn't too far from their distance, so there was no rush for either of them. He wondered about the lady that Crozeph mentioned. Did he know her...? No... he said this was a quest, and Arekkusu never knew of a quest that didn't start a fight. He kept his muscles tense and eyes alert as they continued walking.

Crozeph followed Arekkusu as he makes his way to the city "man losing cargo in the desert, sure we won't freeze to death like in floor 4 but this soft sand that we're walking into..." Crozeph eyed the sand on their left. He had bad eyesight but not instincts "Arekkusu better pull out that sword you have..." Crozeph raised his sword and face his left. The sand began to explode revealing a scorpion which Crozeph encountered "that thing is a pain in the alone but there's two of us so let's kick its ass" he said pointing his sword at the scorpion

Crozeph 17/17

Arekkusu 38/38

Scorpion 10/10

"I seriously don't have time for these kinds of monsters." Arekkusu said with lack of will to wait in his tone of voice. He raised his blade higher up into the air, causing the blade to glow in a familiar blue glow. It was his ultimate move, Charge. His skill has been targeted to destroy the scorpion, who seemed to be getting in the way of both travelers. Arekkusu hated being interrupted in his journeys, that's why killing monsters is something he loves to do, they always interrupt his life. It was like a destructive therapy for Arekkusu.

Arekkusu ran quickly, though he lost a lot of speed due to the sand, and his body blurred as Arekkusu moved. He then got up to the range of the Scorpion, who attempted to spike at Arekkusus leg, but Arekkusu parried the attack but swinging upwards, deflecting the spike and striking up at the scorpion. It wasn't dead yet since it flailed around and didn't shatter into cute little pieces of data, but it wasn't going to be much of a threat with its awkward movement.

Arekkusu: 38/38 (1+1+1+3+3=9DMG)

Crozeph:17/17

Scorpion: 1/10

Crozeph was scared by how Arekkusu attacked the scorpion "if this guy is a PK I would've been dead by now" he said. Crozeph quickly dashed forward to the scorpion, he wasn't that fast because of the sand resulting for him getting hit by it's pincer grazing his right cheek but Crozeph was quick enough and he knew this kind of monsters already. Crozeph slashed at the limbs of the scorpion sending it down flat to the sand ending its misery in a swift way "now that was fast..." he said looking at Arekkusu "...you're quite strong, I guess I should do intensive training too" he said. Crozeph knew Arekkusu did train himself and that is something that Crozeph is lacking right now. Crozeph sheathe his sword and began making his way to the desert again with his eyes set on anything that looks suspicious in the sand.

[iD: 4150]

Battle Dice: [6] success

+2 weapon dmg

Mob Dice: [8] -2 dice roll= [6]

success

Loot Dice: [2] no loot

Crozeph 14/15

Arekkusu 38/38

Scorpion DEAD 

Arekkusu sheathed his blade back in the holder. "Heh, that was easy." Arekkusu said. "So all we have to do is look for a lost person and give her these useless pieces of Cargo. We will also be fighting these lame enemies in the process... what kind of quest is this?"

Arekkusu looked at his blade, not a single scratch... but there was a lot of sand. The storm wasn't as strong though, so hopefully the players could advance at least half of the map before the night falls. That should be possible since it was just morning an hour ago.

Crozeph was surprised by what Arekkusu said "look for someone? I didn't..." Crozeph suddenly remembered what he said earlier "umm that wasn't part of the quest, I was just hoping to run into her while we find the cargo" he said. Crozeph has been worried over the past few days thinking that maybe some of his relatives are stuck inside and being one of the oldest of the new generation of their family, he felt that the safety of the youngs ones inside is part of his priority. "I was thinking about it, I'm not the only one in the family who likes playing games..." Crozeph began to walk looking around and still talking to Arekkusu "...some of my cousins play games like I did and they might be stuck in here also" he told Arekkusu. Crozeph then saw a protruding bump on the sand "must be the cargo" Crozeph quickly run to it and kicked it lightly only to reveal some kind of rock "ahh what a lucky day" Crozeph picked it up. It was an ore and it was black but reflects light when he raised it. Crozeph looked at the info of the ore he just picked up "Drakath's ore" he muttered. Crozeph showed it to Arekkusu "an ore lying in the desert, looks weird right?" he said as he puts it in his inventory.

As soon as Crozeph closed his menu two monsters popped out of the sand one of them an armadillo and the other a scorpion "so here's the price of the ore, seems fair enough" Crozeph raised his sword "choose one Arekkusu" he told his friend "I'll the other one that you didn't choose" he added.

• [iD: 4248] CD: [6] LD: [19]
  • no HP lost because of area conditions
  • obtained "Drakath's ore" can be used to forge armors or swords

"Lets see if the Armadillo can handle the Rising Edge." Arekkusu said, mentioning his swords name. He once again raised his blade, activating Charge again. He felt his muscles increase in strength, he was ready to slaughter the Armadillo. He quickly charged at the Armadillo, bringing a giant wave of wind with him. Arekkusu was just a blur, but he saw the Armadillo clearly, and it wasn't going to have a happy ending. Arekkusu saw it defend with it's shell, but Arekkusu sliced through the Armadillo quickly, and within three seconds, the next sound Arekkusu heard was data pieces shattering and twinkling.

"You're up Crozeph." Arekkusu said. "Don't let me down now, I want to see if you can handle your monster now."

ID:4250 Bd: 10  Mob:2   Loot: 12

Arekkusu: 40/40

Crozeph: 17/17

Giant Armadillo: 0/10= DEAD

Giant Scorpion: 10/10

Crozeph saw the armadillo shatter "Rising edge sure is handy" he said before charging at the scorpion. Crozeph killed one of these before by aiming at the limbs and finishing it off with a quick slash in the face. Crozeph ran quite fast on the sand, the boots he had made were enough to give him the boost he need for an attack. Two feet away, Crozeph side stepped the the scorpion's right side and quickly spun around cutting off one of its limbs and severely wounding the others remaining. The scorpion lost it's balance for a moment and tried to swing its pincer towards the player. Crozeph quickly stepped back but the sand slowed him as he moves backward "ack! I need to learn how to move fast backward" he said. the scorpion grazed Crozeph's chest before it stumbled down. Crozeph planted his left foot to regain his balance. "That was close" he said smiling as the scorpion struggles to stand up.

[iD: 4254]

Battle Dice: [9] critical

2 base dmg + 2 weapon dmg + 1 critical damage

Mob Dice: [8] - [2] = [6] success

Crozeph 16/17

Scorpion 5/10

Arekkusu stood where he was. One enemy each, no more, and most certainly no less for Crozeph. Besides, he seemed to be winning the fight, the most wasn't as arrogant or even threatening than it had seemed before. Arekkusu sheathed his blade as he watched the fight continue, Crozeph was most certainly improving his skills, and the difference in fight most certainly showed it. Arekkusu felt proud for bringing him up this high, if anything bad were to happen to him, Arekkusu would most certainly try to jump in.

"Keep on going." Arekkusu called out to Crozeph, who still kept his eyes locked onto the Scorpion. Never lay your eyes off your enemy, smart job. "You have it reeling, don't let it get away."