[PP-F1] Wolves, Boars, and an Ally!? Oh My! [~COMPLETE~]

Sol just completed his first quest, grinning from ear to ear about his loot he received. Exhilarated by this feeling of victory he makes his merry way out into the fields once again. His level increased by the quest completion, he could now take a bit more punishment from the boars and the such.

As he ventures out into the fields, he debates on where to begin. He seemed to have better luck with wolves, loot wise, but then again... they did manage to ambush him when he was unaware. Sol let out a brief sigh, wondering the choices he should make, he would begin to pace in a circle. "Lets see... What should I do..." He taps his forehead slightly and thinks real hard. Man... he hasn't thought this hard in a game in a long time... Usually MMOs to him were always, grind away and level up. But he had to plan against the enemies and there was a safety in numbers method going through his mind. I need to find more players willing to go through this process with me... He thought to himself as he plopped onto the ground now. Spawning a loaf of bread and a bottle of water, munching on it as he thunk to himself.

A fair distance away, walking toward the stranger Destiny was pursuing the help menu....again... "Ugh... This stuff..." She thought to herself. She let out a big sigh. "WHHYYYYYY!" She whined to herself. "Alright", she thought as she slapped her hands together and began rubbing them against one another. "I won't move from this spot until I get this." She said to herself while one hand was cocked at her hip and the other up in the air as if she was scolding herself. 

She again pulled up the help menu. This time carefully, and slowly reading things out; every now and then saying a couple words to herself. "Mmkay... HP....Equitment...Wait...What?" 

"Yepp.. Its official I finally found a game that has actually beaten me.. With words..Simple. Simple words." She thought to herself. "Orz" she said as she shook her head low... "Just orz..." 

Sol spotted the woman from a ways away. He recognized the look of distress when he saw it. "...?" Sol tilted his head, biting off another piece of bread and a swig of water to wash it down with. Is she, having trouble? I should see for myself... Maybe I could help her out. Sol finished off his snack and stood to his feet, starting his walk towards the woman. He didn't say anything until he was rather close, seeing if she would notice him before he got to her, Hopefully teaching her a lesson he learned the hard way.

He looked a few feet away watching her navigate menus as she swiped away messages and notices. "..." He blinked, a bit amused by her difficulty. then again, he also had a bit of trouble at first... was only the matter of getting used to the system menus. "Having a little trouble?" He said as he was standing about a foot behind her.

"You do realize that sneaking up on people can be EXTREMELY dangerous. Especially if they decided to mercilessly kill other players... Which is pointless." She said as she continued to navigate the menus, scrolling and pushing items aside.

"To answer your question. Yes, I am having trouble. I am having a load of trouble here. This is unlike any MMO I've ever played." She paused. "Not to mention that we can die in real life." She turned to face the stranger as she said this, scanning for some sort of reaction.  "I'm Destiny." She looked up at his health bar looking for his name. " And you're Sol." 

"If you're wondering how I knew that you were behind me; I actually saw you a bit ago. You were munching pretty hard on that bread...." "Also you're not that quiet when you're trying to sneak up on someone." Destiny looks up at the stranger and then points on the ground that they are standing on.  "The fields aren't really not that great in terms of tip-toeing behind someone." 

"Any who there anything I can help you with? Or do you just like sneaking up on strangers?" She said as she took a large step back away from Sol. 

"I can't trust this guy. I mean....What kind of a person does that?" She thought to herself. 

Sol blinked, listening to Destiny begin to answer his questions he did have for her. He continued to listen to her lecture about sneaking up on players. She does have a point... if he did this to a hostile player he would surely suffer the consequences. He lowered his head slightly, a bit embarrassed now of his rookie mistake. "Er.. Sorry... I uh..." Sol heard his name and forgot that people don't need to ask for names, it wasn't the real world. Rookie mistake number two now. He lowered his head a little more. He continued to listen to her make an observation about watching him eat. He lowered his head more, blushing a bit now from embarrassment. "Y-Yeah... It was some good bread okay?" He shook his head once hearing the question she asks him, snapping out of his embarrassed state.

"Yeah, I noticed you appeared to be having trouble with your interface. That much I do know." Once she took a large step back, it was obvious he made things a bit awkward. "Sorry for sneaking up on you poorly. Honestly I wasn't even trying to... But beside the point. I was wondering if you would like some help. I actually had someone help me out not that long ago help me through basic stuff. Though he didn't go too much into detail... I can figure out the rest on my own." He attempted to ease up the tension that was created, he had a bit of a relaxed aura about him, trustworthy even. He put his hands on his hips and blinked. "What exactly were you trying to do?" He asked tilting his head slightly.

"Well you see young man.." She said as she turned towards him, with her left hand on her side, right hand in the air and her index finger placed up in the air like the number one. She smiled slightly as she turned her head slightly to the right and winked. 
"Uh.. might be trying too hard to make this less tense..." She thought to herself.  

"Ahem" She said as she stood straight trying to appease for her previous actions.  "I'm trying to figure out how this battling system works. I honestly, have no idea what my HP may be, and how I will be able to tell my opponents HP." 

"So I am pretty much just a giant noob when it comes to the world of SAO." 

"Ha, more than a noob, you're a complete..." She thought to herself before she swatted at her face. "UGH.... I'm my own nuisance..." she said to herself.  Realizing how strange that this may seem, Destiny turned to face Sol. 

"Sorry about that.. I can be... strange... at times. But do you think you'd be able to help me figure this stuff out..? Maybe...." She looked at the ground and kicked at it a little. "..even help me with..." She turned into herself more, embarrassed about what she was going to say. " My first battle." She said in the smallest, more quiet voice possible. 

"Yepp... You're doing it again..." "You need to man up! Stop being such a baby!" She thought to herself.

Sol snickered and then chuckled upon her saying that she could be strange. "Well Destiny, Be yourself. I'm not going to hide anything in this game, Going to give it my all and get us all out of here eventually." He crossed his arms and listened to her first question. "Alright your HP..." Sol swipes down his menu and swipes over to his status menu, giving details of his current effects and status being displayed on a little screen infront of him. He walked over next to her and shows her the screen he was looking at and explains.

"You open your root menu, swipe to character, then tap status. It should tell you details about everything you know, everything that's happening to you, and any negative effects currently on you." He swipes his menu away. "Your HP should be around 5 hit points. Not entirely sure but I believe every player starts out at 5. Now enemies you don't know how much HP they have, but you can see a little green bar over anything you target. If you attack it and it seems like its going down faster than your own, then you're doing a great job. However if its not budging very much, you may have to run away and find help."

He nods to comfort his own little lecture and then listens to her request, not quite hearing the last few words coming out of her mouth. "You want me to help with what? I didn't really hear you..." He stepped a little closer to hear her quiet-like voice. He blinked at her with a curious look on his face, a bit naive looking infact.

Destiny nodded as she listed to Sol's lecture. As she listened, she thought "Alright... 5 HP. Cool. Wait. What.. Green bar?" She looked up at where saw Sol's name. "OHHH!!!!!" She thought to herself and then proceeded to face-palm.  

Destiny looked up to see Sol uncomfortably; at least for her, close to her. 

"Uhh..." She said as she stepped back a ways. "Wait.. What are you doing woman!" She thought to herself as she mentally hit herself with her hands. She then cleared her throat and stood up straight, proceeded to look directly at Sol. " I would greatly appreciate it if you assisted me in my first battle. Since, this would be my first battle and it seems that you are very forth coming with information, it seems like you would be kind enough to assist in battle." Destiny said this with such great clarity and confidence that it even scared her a bit. "Woah... Did that just come out of my mouth? Hahaha! Awesome!" She thought to herself as the image of her 1-uping like Mario popped into her head. 

Then as Destiny was coming down from her high mental state, she continued to look at Sol, scanning his face for some sort of reaction to what she had stated. 

Sol blinked watching her back down a bit more, He then stepped back once she shot up with confidence. "..." He listened to her clearly asked question. then broke into a quiet laugh. "My, You're going to be quite the fun one aren't you." He finished laughing to himself, a bit energetic feeling just from her personality now. "Good times ahead of us." Sol looks around and spots a boar in the distance.

"I can definitely help you out in your first battle. I'll show you the ropes like a friend of mine did, I'll take a few hits if it gets a bit overwhelming for you and help you out when I see fit. Now We probably want to start you off with a Boar... they are easy, and basicly like your generic Slimes in other RPGs. They are about as weak as you can get. There is one over there." Sol points at the boar about 25 meters away.

Sol then eyeballs her for a moment, not seeing a weapon equipped yet. "You do have your starter weapon right?" He asked with a voice of patience. "Won't be able to defeat a Boar with your bare hands. At least... not yet." He chuckled softly, a smile running across his face.

"HEY!" She thought as he laughed at her. "I can't tell if he is laughing at me or with me... I'm not laughing....So with me?" She continued to think to herself. The image of hot steam coming out of her ears came to mind. 

"A boar?" She thought to herself as she listed to Sol's explanation of how boars are generally weak.... and then some other stuff, as she became side-tracked with the boar in the distance. 

Suddenly she noticed that Sol was examining her. "Whut...?" She said while looking at him, thinking to herself." What is this kid doing? Weirdo..." Then coming back to herself, she then looked down at herself. "Ohh... Yeah.. about that...." She said softly to herself. 

She then put her right arm to her head and scratched at her head. "Yeah... about that.. I actually have no idea what you mean by starter weapon. I might have something. But then again." She shot him a look. " I am incompetent." "Anywho!" She began walking closer to him. "Want to help me out here? I have no idea about the weapon." As she finished her sentence she standing in-front of him looking up at him. "Ha. Sol's tall... Scary.." She thought as she awaited his response. 

Sol continued to smile, then notice her stepping up to him and looking up at him. "Little close there..." The thought ran through the back of his mind as he remained still, swiping down the menu to show her another thing in the menu. "Alright, you should have these in your inventory." 

Sol scrolled through the menu and under inventory. showing the menu. "You should have something called Basic weapon. Once you try to equip it it will ask you what weapon you want, you pick your preference then it will become equipped on your back or hip. Like this thing I got." Sol dismissed the menu and pulled out his Spear. "Then you can use it like you would a real weapon. Its actually alot of fun once you get the hang of it. Just have to be very careful and keep track of your HP. I nearly lost to some wolves earlier because two ambushed me on my way back. I was Lucky to make it out of that encounter."

Sol sheathes his spear and looks at Destiny. "So what weapon would you like to use?"

"Basic weapon..." she said to herself. "Hmm....I..Err...." she thought to herself as she pushed things. She continued to think to herself. "GOSH..... Where is this... ugh.... OH!" Her eyes lit up as she saw, "Basic Weapon. " She then proceeded  to click on the icon. Poof, like magic her basic weapon appeared. She saw it appear and grabbed for it quickly. "Reflexes..." she thought to herself. "So this thing, right?" She said as she pointed her weapon at Sol, examining it, not entirely paying attention to the distance between Sol and her. 

Examining her sword she thought. "Heh, pretty B.A. in my book. I can't wait to kill something now. But wait." Her mind froze for a second, her arms that were once in front of her examine the sword were now at her sides. "What if I don't defeat it.. What if it defeats me.'' She tightened her grip on the sword. "No.. No.. I won't let that happen. . . Never. Ever." 

Putting on a slight smile that is fake, Destiny looked at Sol. "This thingy, right?" 

Sol smiled at her expression she made, then suddenly stumbled back upon Destiny drawing her weapon and pointing at Sol, Falling onto his back and looking up at Destiny. "C-Careful with it. You can hurt other players if you're not careful." Sol noticed that darkened look just before the fake smile. "....?" She spoke to Sol for him to confirm her action. "Yeah, That's the one. Hrm..." He examined her choice of weapon. "A curved sword huh? Nice choice."

Sol stood to his feet brushing off the grass on his back side. "Alright! Now that you got you weapon out, lets practice against that Boar we saw earlier." Sol began to walk closer to the boar, drawing out his spear and readying himself for combat. "Okay. Boars are passive until you try to attack them, Once you make your move against them they will target you and try to hurt you back. Understand so far?" Sol looked to Destiny to see if she was ready for her first enemy.

Destiny nodded at Sol in response to his question. 

"Alright. I can do this.. Boars are easy. Like he said." She thought to herself. Destiny breathed in deeply, making sure that she was collected in confident in herself. " I got this. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy. Wait... Why am I thinking of lemons?" She thought. "UGH! shut up." she said to herself under her breath as she proceeded to face-palm again. "Alright, let's do this."

[3593] BD=2 MOB=9

Destiny proceeded to charge at the boar. Looking sharply at the boar, confident and composed. "I got this, this is so easy!" She thought to herself. The boar proceeded to charge at her.  Destiny and the boar, running at each other, something that you'd see in action sequences. She was about a foot away from the boar when she realized. " NOPE! TOO SCARED!" and she closed her eyes and kept running.  Obviously. She had missed terribly. "I am doing terrible out here!!" She shouted to Sol.  "He is probably laughing at me...jerk.." She thought to herself. "Gosh, I can't believe I missed..UGH! This is so much doo-doo!" 

[Destiny misses]

Destiny, not paying too much attention because she was dwelling on the fact that she just missed her target. Her very first target; lost sight of the boar and didn't notice that it was charging at her again. This time, the boar seemed pretty pissed. It looked like a miniature bull from the old Looney-Tunes cartoons; without the steam coming out of its ears and nose. The boar proceeded to charge at Destiny.  

Out of the corner of her eye she saw the boar, and turned right as it was two feed in front of her. "Awhh, no no no, staa-" she said right before she was hit.  She fell hard on her bum.  "****! OH MY GOSH! THAT REALLY HURT!"  Destiny started back on her feet, before addressing the boar again, she arched to look at her bum.  "Ahh.. That really smarts..." She said as she began rubbing her bum. "I don't even care who is here right now, that really hurt!" She thought to herself. 

[boar hits dealing 2HP damage]

[Destiny HP 2/5]

[boar HP 5/5]

Sol watched her charge forth with her glowing confide--- watched her attempt to retreat from the boar with great skill. Sol smiled some as he prepare to rush in and assist. "Come on, Fight for your life! You can do this!" He cheered her on as she swung her sword, missing the swing completely. Sol continued to watch, gripping his spear a bit fearful of what may happen. "Destiny watch out!" The boar charges and hit her pretty hard for it being a boar. "...Crud!" Once Sol saw Destiny's HP drop into the yellow color. He felt infuriated, he refused to have someone die in-front of him if he could have done something. "DESTINY!" He shouted.

[3595] [sol 10+1 = 11] 

Sol dashed into the fight, sliding infront of Destiny to protect her. "Destiny! Stay true to your attack! Let the blade be apart of you! You have to show these things what it means... TO BE ALIVE~!" Sol twirled his spear around as the tip glowed an Azure colored flame. A skill happened again, this time he felt as if he knew how to use it. "Azure Thrust!" Sol thrusted forward with this spear the blue flame exploding to thrust the spear into and through the boar with a violent slash. Decimating the threatening foe. Sol stood for a moment as the boar exploded into data, shortly after Sol twirled his weapon and sheathed it, turning to face Destiny.

[sol hits boar for 2+1+2 = 5] (Critical!)

Sol [9/9] HP

Destiny [2/5] HP

Boar [0/5] HP <DEAD>

[Loot = 9] [Material x 1]

(You get a material too.)

Destiny watched as Sol attacked the boar. "Gosh this is embarrassing..." She thought to herself. " Since when do I need someone to come to my rescue....Ehhh.." She made perplexed look on her face. Destiny was grateful for the fact that her acquaintance came to her aid; without his help she probably wouldn't have made it beyond this battle. However, she felt agitated inside, if she couldn't make it past her first battle without some help how would she make it to the end? She began doubting her abilities and confidence. However, being stubborn as ever fought back the feelings before they completely consumed her; almost bringing her to tears of her helplessness. 

Destiny watched as the boar shattered like glass. When Sol looked at her she looked back at him with a faltered smile. She bit her lip looking back at him, not entirely knowing what to say. It tore at her a little to think that she was indebted to him for saving her; as much as she would hate to admit it. She owed him. "I should thank him..." she thought. "But....eh...." She questioned herself. " I did ask him for help..."  Coming back to reality she realized that they were just standing there looking at each other. "Thanks Sol." She said.  Then noticing a little exclamation point icon, she opened her menu and click on it. "Material." it said.  "Alright.. I guess it wasn't a complete loss."  She thought. 

Sol gave a faint smile, knowing how she felt. "Don't worry about me helping you. Its better to have a safety net, than have the risk of dying. I know you probably feel a bit helpless right now but, give it time. You'll prevail. I promise that." He gave a cheerful thumbs up to her and a big smile, to attempt to cheer her up a bit.

"Now then, Lets get you healed up and we can try once more. This time. I will attack it first. Sound good Destiny?" Sol explained the next strategy as he walked up to her and navigated his menu and spawned a piece of bread to eat. "Go ahead and eat up and we will tackle our next opponent together."  Sol began to eat the bread as he looked around them for another target.

Destiny smiled slightly at his ridiously cheesy smile and thumbs up combination.  She actually laughed out loud and shook her head at her own laughter putting a hand to her face.

“Alright.†She said in agreement. She then proceeded to navigate her own menu to obtain her own bread.  “Gosh.. I hope I don’t mess up again like last time.†She thought to herself.  As her bread spawned she caught it and then sat down. Munching away at her bread she thought “I really do wonder.. If I do miss again with the next target… Is it just bad luck? Or am I just naturally terrible at this?† She giggled slightly at the thought. “Yep… If I miss.. I am probably just bad luck.†

"Hey Sol?" She said looking at him. "I am sorry if I come off... Really quiet and...Well.. Off putting per say?" She made a face of content to what she was saying. "Honestly this is a bit funny" she thought to herself. "Anywho, I haven't really had the greatest times with.... Well... Making friends and trusting people." She said and she proceeded to stuff bread into her mouth. 

As Sol ate his bread with Destiny, he continuously searched for another boar to attack. Once Destiny called his name, Sol turned to look down at her with a piece of bread hanging out of his mouth. "Hmph?" A noise escaped his mouth as if replying to his name being called.

Sol listens to her comment about her being off-putting.  He continued to listen to her reasoning and nods in acknowledgement. "Well Destiny... I only have one thing to really say about that." His voice got serious for a moment. "I'm not asking for your trust. I know that trust is earned, like respect. But to me... You seem like a trust-worthy person." His tone brightened once again on his last sentence, giving Destiny a naive smile. "We can all get out of this game if we work together. I promised myself that I will be one of those players to get us out alive. And as long as I'm alive, no one is going to die infront of me."

Sol turned his head to the side as his eyes began to widen. "...What the!?" His jaw dropped at what he saw as a HUGE boar with a bow on its head. Almost triple the size of the regular boar. "D-Destiny... Do you see what I see?" He asked as he started to reach for his spear.

Destiny giggled at what she was looking at. Sol looked funny with  piece of bread hanging out of his mouth like that. Kind of like how babies look when they are just learning to feed themselves.

“I seem trust-worthy?†She thought to herself. It made her smile slightly to think that someone was able to see that in her. She then nodded to Sol’s statement about working together.  It only made sense that if any of them were to make it out alive that people would have to work together. Fighting alone, as she had saw; was more than difficult.  In addition, to the chance of dying…

Destiny was still looking at Sol when he turned his head. She proceeded to listen to him mention the boar in the distance. “OH yeah, you mean the awkwardly non-binary conforming boar out there.†She said as she pointed at the boar, not taking her eyes off of Sol, as if she noticed it a while ago but didn't say a word.

“Yeah? You want to attack it?†She asked as she finished up her bread, and then steadily got back onto her feet. She cocked her left hand at her hip, putting most her weight on her left leg.