[OP - F1] «Earning a Living» I can do what with it!? [~COMPLETE~]

[3648]  [sol  5+1 = 6]  [Wolf (A) = 5]

Rushing into battle on the fields of the first floor. The Proclaimed Azure Dragoon, slashes at a one of the wolves that traveled in twos. Striking it in the leg before leaping back to ready another attack. "Combat ain't so hard now... Once you get the feel for it." He muttered to himself as the two wolves growled.

[sol deals 3 damage to Wolf A] [2+1 = 3]

The wolf continued to growl and leapt up to bite at Sol, With quick reflexes Sol dodges out of the way just in time.

[Wolf A misses Sol]

Sol [9/9] HP

Wolf A [2/5] HP

Wolf B [5/5] HP

[3649] [Wolf B = 2] [sol 6+1 = 7]

The Second wolf followed up and also jumped at Sol, Sol prepared for this joint attack attempt and rolled out of the way of the tackle of the second wolf. "Heh, You gotta be better than that!" 

[Wolf B misses Sol]

Sol retaliates against the second wolf's attack and jabs it with a forceful thrust, pushing the wolf back a few feet, grinning with confidence. He readies his spear for the next assault. The wolves both injured now and growling with those menacing red eyes.

[sol deals 3 damage to Wolf B] [2+1 = 3]

Sol  [9/9] HP

Wolf A  [2/5] HP

Wolf B  [2/5] HP

[3651]  [Wolf A = 9]

[3653]  [Wolf B = 8]  [sol 6+1 = 7]

The wolves both bark menacingly at Sol, Bearing their teeth as the first wolf dashes forward jumping to claw Sol. Hitting his shoulder with a forceful gash. Luckily he obtained these shoulder pads to cushion the blow a bit, though it still hurt quite alot.

[Wolf A deals 1 damage to Sol] [1+1-1 = 1] (Critical!)

The second wolf follows along and claws at his other side, grazing his chest with its sharp claws. Sol gritted his teeth and recovered quickly to ready his attack now.

[Wolf B deals 1 damage to Sol] [1-1 = 1(min)]

Sol charges forth and thrusts his spear at the wolf that just landed, making a satisfying shlick sound as the wolf suddenly explodes into data. "One down! One to go! Go ahead! Make your move mutt!"

[sol deals 3 damage to Wolf B] [2+1 = 3]

Sol [7/9]HP

Wolf A [2/5]HP

Wolf B [-1/5]HP <DEAD>

[3656] [Wolf A = 1] [sol 2+1 = 3]

The wolf growls and rushes Sol, only to stop about half way and begin to regurgitate onto the grass... "What the...?" Sol blinked at the Wolf. What was it doing? He wondered that but took his chance to attack.

[The wolf critically misses...]

Sol dashed forward and attempted to attack the wolf while it was...stunned. He goes to stab at the wolf until it leapt back and was ready to fight once again. "...This isn't weird at all..."

[sol misses]

Sol  [7/9]HP

Wolf A [2/5]HP

[3660] [Wolf A = 7] [sol 5+1 = 6]

The wolf growls and charges at Sol with teeth bearing out. The wolf lunges at his leg and latches on trying to make a last ditch effort. Sol yelled out in pain and kicked the wolf off of his leg quickly.

[Wolf A deals 1 damage to Sol] 

Sol finishes off the wolf he kicked off of his leg with his spear, the blade sinking into the wolf's head. Once again, the wolf explodes into data and shards. Sol lets out a sigh and sheaths his weapon. "Man. Nothing is dropping off of these guys at all now... that or i am having terrible luck now, All I keep getting is this junk... 

[sol deals 3 damage to Wolf A] [2+1 = 3]

[3653] LD = 16

[3660] LD = 8

[sol receives 2 «Material» and 25 Col]

As Sol begins to sort through his small collection of material, he lets out a sigh and begins to walk back to the Town of Beginnings to check for any quests he may have accidentally completed. Making the long trek back to the town, Sunset fell upon him. He looked up at out at the sun. "...Beautiful... I'm impressed such a world can exist in a videos game like this." Sol begins to get caught in a trance-like day dream, staring into the crimson sunset. "At times... I wish this place existed under different conditions..." 

Claim look like head had gotten in to a fight with the hulk. " I think I just want to died " he smiles a bit as he was walking down the path in the His green eye glowed a bit as he scanned the field Seeing sol. Looked like he was in a daydream but not sure if he could see him or not He walked over to sol he was in heave armor. Not sure if he could sneak up on him but shrugged a bit came up to him. " "Yo whats up" he didn't have his sword out so his eyes where that cold souls white color.

Sol snapped out of his state of day dreaming. and looked to see Claim. "Oh Hey, Whats up!" He waved to Claim with a bit more equipment than last time he saw him. "How are things going along?" He asked as Sol opened his menu and began to search though his inventory pulling up the materials he found. "I have a question... Is there anyway I could get rid of this crap? or Use it even? Its like... Parts of boars and flanks from wolves mainly... Like Cooking stuff. Actually better question... Is this even cook-able??"  He shows the material list to Claim to show what he was talking about. 

"See? And If there was a way to cook it I would try it... Isn't there an NPC that will teach me how to cook? or at least point me in the right direction?" He asked for guidance hoping Claim could point him in the right direction.

It took a sec for all that info to sink in to claim head as he shock his head and smiled a bit" Oh ok.. " He had a puzzed look on his face but when  he looked over the list of stuff that sol showed him. It slowly started coming back to him.  " Ya you can cook most of this stuff easy up when you become a cook, like follow  me  " Claim  Started walking to and inn. That wasn't to fare from where they were at.  Claim didn't really like the earning a living quest mostly because he never finished his he wanted to become a performer at the time but also wanted to become a black smith. But he had ran it a few times with other people that had made stew and sandwiches. He still had his bread and water but he had gotten used to not eating anything. but was most lazy anyways and sleep a lot.

Sol followed Claim, grinning behind him. "You can cook this stuff!? Awesome! I'm all for a good meal man! Hell, Helping me out with this, I'll cook us a little something for the road if I happen to be pretty good at it."

Sol's mouth began to water thinking of fire roasted pork and wolf flank. "I'm excited~! So, How exactly do I learn this stuff? Is it some prerequisite thing? or is there some trainer NPC that just teaches you how to cook basics then you're on your own?" Sol had loads of questions to ask but didn't want to become that annoying type to bother his friend alot."

Once they got to the inn he looked back at sol " hey all food is good to me "laughed a bit, As he waived to the npc that was at the front desk. He made his was to the back and there was an open stove  and a cutting block there with all the tool that most basic chefs that was not being used at the time there were a few chiefs that were making meals for the others. Claims mouth dropped a bit as he saw the food he shook his head and snapped out of it he point to the cook area as he looked back at Sol he did mind all the questions " Once you get the skill you body does the rest it mostly cutting the stuff up and prepping the meat and stuff... well here you go" claim did really have a job skill yet but that was mostly because he couldn't make up his mind on what he wanted to do.

Sol grinned at the chefs making and prepping food. "Perfect! Thanks Claim. So, I'm going to try and make something. Want to be my guinea-pig?" Sol gave a mischievous smirk to Claim as he opened his menu and pulled out one material to practice with.

"Alright... Lets see..." Sol walks to a cutting board and begins to chop up and cook the pork, in attempts to make something simple.

[sol attempts to Cook using 1 «Material»]

[3738] Crafting = 7 [bad]

Sol cuts the cubes into little squares but manages to mess up some of the cubes and cut unevenly. "Argh... Hang on... I got this." Sol attempts to salvage what he has and goes for a different cutting pattern and begins to cook a makeshift stew with pork chunks. After a few minutes Sol finishes his product and pulls it off of a stove.

[sol Created...]

[iTEM] : Beyond Overly Cooked Pork Stew

[TYPE] : [Consumable]

[QUALITY] : [bad]

[ENHANCEMENTS] : [-1 HP upon eating for 1 Turn]

[DESCRIPTION] : "This is a bit beyond edible... This is just slop."

"Aha! There we go! Alright Claim! Try this!" Sol rushes to a table setting down the stew that emanated a rather unpleasant odor. He queues Claim to sit down and give his artwork a shot. "Come on! Don't be afraid my friend! It won't kill you!"

He took a seat and looked at the food. He shrugged a bit " well it could be that bad" He ate about half of it before he realized his heath had dropped by one point it wasn't the best but you have to start some were claim thought to him self as he looked up at sol and let out a small sigh this was one time were he wished he wasn't a garbage disposal when I came to food. " ehh I 've had worse" remembering a time were he had eaten some bad sea food. His stomach made a funny noise as he looked down a bit as he said in a low voice as if talking to his stomach  " hey no one ask you. "  

Sol laughed nervously. "Alright... Take that as constructive criticism..." Sol noted that his meal was definitely NOT the best thing ever, but at least it wasn't the worst. He disposed of the rest of the meal, not wanting to tempt a benefit of a doubt... especially since it did hurt Claim slightly. "Alright... Once more! Don't move! This time it will be better! I promise!"

[sol disposes of «Beyond Overly Cooked Pork Stew»]

Sol walks back to the cutting board and pulls out another Â«Material» from his menu and make one more attempt at some sort of edible food. "Let see here..."

[3750] Crafting = 2 [Failure]

Sol taps the knife on his wolf flank and noticed it was rotten upon cutting it up. "....Aw crud..." Sol looked over at Claim. "Never mind... Cancel what I just said..." Sol trashes the Â«Material» used as it was no longer good nor edible. He let out a deep sigh and placed the knife on the cutting board and walked to Claim. "...So... What do you think you'll choose as profession. Even though I suck at Cooking, I'm gonna stick with it. I hear that it could be quite helpful later from what people were talking about in the kitchen.

[sol loses Â«Material» x 1 due to a failure.]

Destiny was walking along a path thinking to herself about the past couple days and the few people that she has met along the way. She as grateful for the people that she has met but was also worried about trying to trust them  Because if she trusted them that means that they had some value to her and that she cared for them. To her this was a problem because if she cared about them and they died.... It would break a part of her. Destiny pondered her issues as she walked along the path.  Suddenly she heard a, "gurrgle gurrgle." It was her stomach. 

"UUUHHHHHH!!!" Destiny yelled at her stomach, like it was a whole other person. "You little!!!" She had her arms up as if she was going to punch someone; but instead of it being a person, it would be her stomach. Destiny then sighed.  "I guess I shouldn't punch myself. Its been... What like days since I have eaten much of anything..  I guess? I mean, do you even need to eat in a virutal world? That wouldn't make much since.... But why am I hungry then?"  "Oh well." She said to herself. 

Destiny then proceeded to walk into town where she came across an inn. It was called the 'Berekk Inn.'  "I guess I'll try this place out." She thought to herself. 
As she walked in she heard someone day " Aw Crud." "WAIT!" A shock went through her.  "I know that voice!" She continued to think to herself. 
She tip-toed around the corner to see Sol and someone else. "Ahhh SOL!" She thought to herself; it was a sigh of relief to see familiar face.  She didn't know the other person but at the same time she was a bit overcome with joy.

"Hey Sol!" She said as she walked into the room they were in.  Destiny waved at Sol and his companion and smiled.  

He laughed a bit " Hey you food better that air which he was use to no a days" He scratched his head a bit as he thought about it for a few " Well im torn between Smith or performer. I know there are a lot of smiths popping same with the performers I might not chose one at all really just gather mats and order what I need and wait for them to craft the items I need. Even though Im not good at the hole waiting thing " He looked at the girl that had walked up then nodded " hello there " He looked back at sol see that he was making friends fast. In this game it was good to know people so you could call them when you need them.

Sol scratched the top of his head. "Performer sounded cool.. Could have helped me deal any damage in the future then again, I want to be able to help anyone with my profession." He blinked at Claim then heard a familiar voice ring in the back of his head. "...Hrm?" He turned his head and gave a big smile seeing a recent friend he made. "Hey Destiny~! How are you? Staying alive I see. Have you been able to fight anything yet on your own? Because I'm feeling a bit brave today." He gave a smirk to hint at a certain revenge against a certain monster. Only Destiny would know exactly what Sol was talking about.

“Ehhh….†She said with a slanted face. Destiny was nervous about what to say; the last time she attempted to battle a monster they nearly died.  Not to mention how humiliating it was that it was a boar named Miss Priss and had a bow on its head.  â€œWell to be completely honest, not really.†She whispered to Sol.  She then proceeded to smile as she put her hands behind her back and stared down at her feet as she rocked back and forth.  “I have thought about it though!†She said to Sol.

Sensing that the other person in the room failed to introduce themselves, and the light sense of tension in the air.  She released herself from her slight docile behavior and stood upright, staring rather blankly at the stranger. Destiny decided to introduce herself. “Hello.†She said straight face.  “My name is Destiny.†She said most unswerving. Destiny was most dedicated to being as deadpan as possible. Fact of the matter is; she didn’t know him.  She only knew Sol and it would take more than a connection to a friend to define the character of another.

“So……..†she said; addressing the room.  “What are you all doing here?â€

Sol grinned upon her saying that she was thinking about it. This made him a bit happy hearing that she hasn't given up yet. "Don't worry, THIS time around we won't lose. I want that stupid boar to suffer that humiliation we felt." Sol gave a confident thumbs up then turned to look at Claim. 

"Oh, sorry! Where are my manners. Destiny, This is Claim. He is the one that taught me what I know now. even helping me with a free item, which he shouldn't of done but did anyway because he is a generous man. Though he sometimes has his moments where he spaces out often. A little unnerving when he becomes brain dead at times, kinda spooky. But he is a good man none the less. If anything I can count on him to be there when I need help with something." Sol introduced Claim to Destiny and bumped Claim with his arm. "Ain't that right bud?" He laughed as he turned back to Destiny hearing her question about what they were doing. 

Sol nervously laughed and jokingly said, "Well I'm apparently trying to kill Claim with terrible food... Attempting to learn how to cook in the process." However Sol's statement wasn't very much of a joke and actually was the truth. A bit embarrassed, he admitted to his faulty crafting attempts. "Well, The materials I found was all cooking materials, So I though I could use them and try to make food other than bread. But... Cooking is alot harder than I thought. So making food that's good an edible, is abit of a challenge for the time being. But I'm not giving up, and eventually... We will eat that Miss Priss in a delicious meal... Eventually... if I don't fail..."

Sol scratches his head and then looks to Destiny once more a bit of interest now in his eyes. "What profession are you thinking about getting?"