OP-F1 <Earning a Living> The Aspiring Merchant

Crozeph walked around the city carrying leathers and ores as he was to deliver the items to a certain person who could help him put up a shop or help him to be a merchant "As long as I don't stray away four or more blocks, I'll be fine" he told himself as he looks at his inventory. Crozeph chose the profession not just to look for rare items but also to gather info for the guild and funds to help new players who'll join them "this will make it easier for Sousuke to get a few better equipment and Drat will be happy" he said. Crozeph then arrived at the first person where he'll deliver the leather he carries "this is from the merchant a few blocks away from here named...er" Crozeph forgot the name of the old man where he got the materials "yes I'm starting to mess this up" he said to himself.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The player just stared at him for a second, Crozeph then cleared his throat "I call him gramps" he said. Crozeph opened his menu and transferred the materials the player asked "now you can create gloves with that" he said waving his hand before leaving the shop. Crozeph looked around again, he had to find the forge where he was suppose to deliver the ore "now the agony begins" he told himself. Crozeph took three left turns and five on the right but he still couldn't find the name of the forge "ahh this is starting to get too used..." Crozeph opened his map "character who get's lost has hit the graveyard many years ago but still why does this happen to me always?" he said walking around the city. Crozeph made his way to the plaza and decided to rest for a while and retrace his steps "a calm mind will surely help me" he said to himself while sitting on a bench.

Crozeph stared at his map for a while now "this sucks..." he suddenly closed the menu and stood up "...even if I get lost, at the end of the day I still find my way back" he said. Crozeph then walked into alleys and streets looking for the forge for his last material delivery "it'll probably show up" he said. Crozeph then entered a street with few stores and finally saw the forge where he should deliver materials. Crozeph entered the forge, he almost fainted when hot gusts from the furnace greeted him "ahh this is why I never dreamed of being a blacksmith" he said. The blacksmith was huge, towering Crozeph by a few inches "yes with a thin body like yours, you might end up getting burned in a few seconds" the smith said with a booming voice. Crozeph made a nervous smile "here's the ore you bought from gramps" he said. Crozeph trasferred the material and went his way "I felt like an ant for a moment back there" he said as he makes his way back to the merchant he calls gramps.

Just recently she had purchased an old book about history from her friend at the antique shop. Which lead her to what she was currently doing--wandering the streets of Starter City with her nose in book. This was a habit that had been picked up during her years of higher learning. Since her homework involved so much reading and no time to do it, she decided to utilize the minutes that she spent walking to class. The first couple time she had run smack dab into people. After a while though it got to a point where she could successful maneuver without hitting a single person. It was only due to this reason that she was able to successfully do this on the bustling streets of Starter City. 

Unfortunately though, people are unpredictable creatures. 

Right as she was about to pivot to the right to avoid a male player, that player changed course. Therefore causing her to smack right into him. The book dropped to the ground and Zahra stumbled back--momentarily stunned. "Ah," She exclaimed lightly, crouching down to pick up the book, "Sorry about that..." focusing in slightly above his head the raven haired women was able to read the name. "Crozeph?" 

Crozeph fell straight to the ground "wha... a solid impact!" he said. Crozeph saw stars for a few seconds or so he thought and tried to sit and heard the woman call his name "you know my name?" he said scratching his head. Crozeph tried to help her pick up the book she dropped but the woman was fast enough to pick it up "sorry about that too, I'm trying to get past people quickly" he said to her apologizing "how'd you figure out that my name is Crozeph? some kind of skill?" he asked "and lastly what's your name?" he asked her smiling.

Sousuke watched as his friend fell on his face when he collided with an unknown player he watched to see the exchange between the two wondering how things were going to play. He simply spoke to the other player who sort of just stood or rather sat there rather dumbly so he approached the two and spoke up ''Should have been paying attention crow'' he said as he approached eying the various objects he had dropped

Crozeph gave Sousuke a smile with a hint of annoyance "don't make me look like an airhead to her" he said. Crozeph hadn't seen him in a while and unfortunately right now Crozeph is busy proving to an NPC who Crozeph believes to be a real person even thought the old man told him he isn't on how to become a merchant. "So how's your day Sousuke? don't get into any trou..." Crozeph looked at the book the woman is holding "you still reading the guide book the beta testers made?" he asked her "or that's not the guide book at all" he added. Crozeph looked at her expectantly "please be it a different book" he thought. Crozeph has been longing for a different book for a while now ever since he got stuck in the game and seeing a player hold something different from the guide book made him excited "if that woman holds a different book, help me buy a copy of it somewhere" he whispered to Sousuke still his eyes on the book.

Sousuke looked at crozeph a little confused first crozeph gracefully planted his face in the concrete, what was that all about anyway was he expecting to grow a beard or something? Then. he was asking sousuke to buy him a book which this girl was casually flicking through whilst sitting herself on flow not moments aftercrashing into someone.

"Why do you need that book and more importantly all this junk" he said to crozeph it was definitely an odd situation to have entered in on and judging by the fact that these items were basically random odds and ends, sousuke came to the conclusion he was on some fetch quest again.

"Playing fetch again crow?" He asked giving a chuckle and throwing a stick and looking at him with a big grin

"You should have been paying attention Crow."

Not even getting a chance to reply Zahra twisted around to find another male player approaching them. Based on the wording--and body language--this other player seemed to be a friendly. This other male player was only a couple inches taller than her with chocolate brown hair. Suddenly Crow was talking back, saying something about not making him look like an airhead. Zahra couldn't hep but laugh lightly. If anything, it was her who had been the airhead, not him. After all, it was mostly her fault for walking around while being distracted. 

Seconds later, the attention was brought back on her when Crow pointed out the book in her hand. "This? A beginners guide? Please." Zahra grinned, holding up the book so that they other players could read the title Ancient history from Around the World. "See? Just an old history book." Most people didn't find the past to be interesting. In fact, they usually told her that they admired her for being into history. People just failed to see the value in it, and what value there was. By researching the past one could learn from the mistakes others had made. For those into fighting they could even learn old battle tactics that worked splendidly against foes. There was a saying that the smart learned from there mistakes and the wise learned from the mistakes of others. Zahra liked to think of herself as wise. "Oh, names Zahra by the way. And what are you doing with all this stuff??"

Crozeph heard what Zahra said about the book "a different book?! a history book" he exclaimed. Crozeph then cleared his throat and tried to act normal "I'm on a quest to deliver this items somewhere and this items are the last on my list" he said. Crozeph messed Sousuke's hair "crows fly up high and looks for food not fetching like dogs" he said. Crozeph saw Tom for a moment at how Sousuke acted and that made him smile. Crozeph then turned his attention on the woman telling them about how people learn from mistakes of others. Crozeph patted Sousuke's shoulder "this woman here is talking with great sense" he said smiling. Zahra was right about it, in fact Crozeph was reading Art of War back in the real world. "Why don't you two join me as I deliver this items, there's only two left and the other items that I dropped were mine" he told them "makes my travel less boring" he said. Crozeph looked at his map "we'll just have to go to Horunka village" he told them.

Perking up at the mention of Horunka Village, Zahra nodded eagerly. She had been meaning to visit there for a while now, but had not really gotten a chance too. According to what she had put in her journal though it was the second city on the first floor of Aincrad that lie northwest to Starter City. Also the place where you could start the quest to get the Anneal Blade. 

"Sounds like fun to me." Zahra stated, kneeling down to help pick up some of the stuff that had been lying harmlessly near her. Once everything was off the ground she then held them out for Crow. She would offer to carry them for him, but there was one main thing stopping her from doing that. He didn't know her. How strange would it be for someone to run you and knock all the stuff you were carrying out of your hands, only for them to turn around and suggest that they carry it for you as repayment. It sounded suspicious. 

Or maybe just her overactive imagination. 

Either way, she was getting to go to Horunka Village with new people. All that chalks up to be a good day in her book.  

Crozeph gave them a reassuring smile "this will be fun" he said. Crozeph took the items Zahra picked up and opened his inventory putting them in "I should never carry them if I don't want to lose them" he said. Crozeph then opened his map and eyes the location in it "Horunka Village...it's not that far" he said. Even if the location isn't that far, Crozeph didn't trust his instincts on directions but still if he wants to be a merchant he should start learning of finding his way anywhere in Aincrad "all right let's get to that village and have fun on the way" he said then he made his way to the city gate with Sousuke and his newly acquainted player named Zahra.

As the walked out of the city Zahra opened her HUD and placed the book back in inventory--that way nothing could happen to it. While the HUD was still up she went ahead and equipped her spear. Better to be safe than sorry. 

And their journey had began. 

It was in that moment she realized that she only new one of her companions names, and that was Crow. "I'm didn't catch your name." Zahra stated, eyeing the only other male in the group. With the serious expression decorating his features there was the feeling that he was not someone Zahra wanted to make angry. Or an accidental enemy out of.  Not that she had made any enemies...at least that she knew of. 

[Hiding you all must roll a 13 or higher on the loot die to spot her]

Out of boredom Marisa decided to follow a random group of players to see how long it would take for them to spot her. Having been in a nearby bush she watches the group and hears them mention a place called Horunka Village. Grinning slightly to herself at the game she was going to play with these people she waits a bit for them to either pass her by or spot her before she follows them.

Rolled a 16 on the d20 (loot) dice.

Sousuke followed the group as they passed by a set of shrubs, he thought he could see something breaking the silouette of the bush which made him want to inspect the annomoly. He realised someone was hiding inside and drew his sword. "Come out and ill let you live." He said pointing the blade tip at the bush

[iD: 4253] LD: [17] spotted someone

Crozeph settled his hand on the hilt of his sword as soon as he heard Sousuke spoke to someone who seems to be hiding "are talking to a mob?" he said. Crozeph then looked at the direction where Sousuke is looking "a player" he said. Crozeph didn't like being followed, they could at least introduce themselves but this one seems to have personal reasons "that's not the way you talk to someone" he told Sousuke "there's snakes in there, you might get bitten" he said smiling but with a hint of sinister tone. Crozeph then moved close to Zahra "I only saw one there might be others" he thought. Crozeph only wanted to deliver goods and gain his reward as merchant but he didn't expect someone to follow them. He didn't want to think of the worst case scenario but knowing that he might endanger these players who tagged along with him made Crozeph feel nervous.

Noticing she was spotted not once, but twice in the last few seconds she sighs to herself at the game being over so quickly before standing up and walking out of the bush. "Well even though the game ended so quickly it was still funner than sittin around all day ~da ze!" She says to the group with a grin on her face as she seems to ignore the snake comment. Realizing that she forgot to introduce herself as usual, she takes off her hat and brushes some leaves off of it before putting it back on her head. "The names Marisa Kirisame though you guys can just call me Marisa. Since you guys decided to end the game at the beginning I'll be joinin your marry little band to.. Horunka village I think it was called?" She says slightly questioningly before realizing one other thing. "I never got your names since I just started my game of hide-n-seek so could you guys tell me them yourselves." She says with the same grin on her face as she doesn't seem to really care or notice the slightly hostile atmosphere.

Sousuke rolled his eyes but kept his sword pointed at her his cigarette still lit in his mouth.

"Names Sousuke now if you don't mind me asking what's the deal with you hiding in a bush for no particular reason?" He asked her gritting his teeth making him look more meanicing than he intended to be after all she was probably just some low level kid trying to make friends but was to scared to show herself for the reports of player killers being around.