OP-F1 <Earning a Living> The Aspiring Merchant

Crozeph lowered Sousuke's sword with his hand "relax she has no mark" he said. Crozeph then looked at the girl and heard her say her name "nice to meet you Marisa"  Crozeph then told her his name "I'm Crozeph, but others call me Crow" he told her. Crozeph felt relieved now that the player revealed herself and seemed to be no threat but only a player who plans to join his merry little band "it's a bad idea to play hide and seek with my friend here, he doesn't like sneaking around but still I'm sorry about that" he told her. Crozeph didn't like players getting hostile with each other and most of all fighting over a little sneaking around.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sousuke allowed crozeph to lower his blade still inspecting the girl with intensity. He couldnt see and visual threat but he had heard about situations like this where a lower level player is used to bait others into a trap.

"If Crow says your in then i guess your in but that don't mean i trust you miss i see any sign your working for the enemy i will personally take you down." He said glaring at her

"Don't worry about it Croz. Even though people's reactions are usually quite a bit better, Iv'e seen worse ones than this." She says to Crow before turning to Sousuke. "Since I already have some people that are wary of me, even if it is for different reasons, one more couldn't hurt even if they try threatening people." She says not really losing her happy attitude and not really seeming to pay the death threat as much attention as one probably should in this circumstance. "So what's the reason the three of you are heading to that town anyways?" She asks sounding curious about the adventure.

Apparently, they had been being followed. 

The first person to notice the was guy with the cigarette, and then directly behind he was Crow. From out the bush that was being targeted popped out a girl with a hat and long blonde hair. Her player mark was green and there was no mark, meaning that they most likely didn't have to worry about her. "Zahra," She greeted, "And we're heading to Horunka Village for Crow to deliver some things."

Crozeph crossed his arms and nodded at what Zahra said with a smirk. He was feeling cheerful now and he didn't want a little misunderstanding to ruin it "she's right we're going there for me to deliver some items as a requirement for a quest" he said. Crozeph looked at Sousuke who is still with his glare "relax Sousuke, she can't possibly be able to take us all down" Crozeph said. He had to break the tension, he's on a quest with them and not on a hunting game. Crozeph then began to walk towards the direction where Horunka village is "I'm sure Marisa would have no problems if she tags along or not, we all have our reasons to do..." Crozeph heard a rustle on the bushes just behind Marisa "...hey Marisa looks like something followed you" he said. Crozeph charged towards Marisa's direction and pulled out his sword. Out of the bushes a six foot bear with red eyes emerged and tried to attack her. Crozeph quickly used his sword to block its claws but Crozeph overlooked on how long the claws are. The claws buried itself to Crozeph's right shoulder immobilizing it while preventing its claws to bury more deeper to his shoulder "a little help would be nice" he told them laughing nervously "who knew becoming a merchant could be this dangerous?" he thought.

[iD: 4351]

Mob Dice: [9] critical

2 base damage +1 critical

Crozeph 15/17

Raging Bear 15/15

Arekkusu looked below, his good friends were there. Both Crozeph and Sousuke, and there were three different avatars there. Two female players and a bear... that bear didn't seem to work with Crozeph or Sousuke. He knew Crozeph could handle himself now again such enemies, but he still felt the urge to go down there and help anyways. Could there be such a way for them to lose? Probably not, especially while the two female players were unknown on Arekkusus status, but they seem to be good of assistance. Arekkusu decided to do something, he wasn't going to let them go out to battle without a little help.

"This one is for you Dan." Arekkusu said as he searched his inventory. He looked until he found it. It was a Good Monster Grenade, real old since it had been made quite a while ago, but he still had it anyways, and now this was his chance to use this. He continued by yelling from above. "Here! This should help ya!"

Arekkusu threw the grenade at the bear from above, then as it hit the ground, a giant wave of music played. The bear spun around ditzily, which was perfect for them. They should be able to kill it from there, now Arekkusu just stood there, proud of what he did.

(Good Monster Grenade, Enemies won't be attacking for two turns.)

"Eh.?" Is the only thing Marisa says when Crozeph said something followed her and ran past her with his sword drawn. Turning around after she hears the sound of him blocking what sounds like multiple blades she sees a 6-foot tall bear bearing down on them with it's claws on his sword and in his shoulder, As she backs up to access her inventory easier the bear is hit with a grenade seemingly filled with music. Shaking her head slightly at these last few events she materializes her Two-handed long sword and runs at the now dizzy bear cutting it's paw slightly before backing up so someone else can slice the beast. "I think now may be a good time to  tell this bear not to interrupt people when they talk don't you think as well guys." She says as she gets ready to charge at the bear again.

• Rolled a 6 on the d10 (battle) dice.

Crozeph 15/17

Marisa 15/15

Bear 14/15

Once everything appeared to be settled Zahra pivoted and started with Crow toward their destination--but that peace didn't last long.Seconds later Crow said, "...hey Marisa looks like something followed you." and then zipped past her with his weapon drawn. Pivoting the raven haired women saw what Crow was talking about. A very large bear had made it's way out of the bush baring fangs. Funny, Zahra had not heard mention of bears on floor 1. Shrugging, she brought the spear that had been resting across her shoulder into a defensive position preparing for the battle ahead. 

Suddenly, a monster grenade had been throw into the fray. 

The music that came chiming for the grenade had effectively paralyzed the bear. Marisa had taken her chance after Crow to attack. Seeing an open right after Marisa backed away Zahra charged forward. 

{ID# 4407} {Battle 3(+1)}

Much to her dismay the attack missed by a mere centimeter. "Che." Zahra sneered, annoyed with herself. Backing off to make room in order to defend she prepared for whatever was about to happen next. 

Crozeph 15/17

Marisa 15/15

Zahra 11/11

Bear 14/15

(OOC: The Grenade has now worn off)

Arekkusu looked below, the group didn't seem to be doing so hot with the bear, but neither Crozeph nor Sousuke attacked it yet, and they were both powerhouses for their levels. Still, the temptation to dig his blade into the pelt of the bear was great. Arekkusu unsheathed his sword from above. If the need to use Charge was necessary, then he had his blade ready for just that.

Arekkusu looked down at the sight, now it looked like an utter mess. He ran down the hill, but didn't notice the distance between him and the mob below. He was going to take quite some time to get there, and maybe not in time. They don't seem to be getting anywhere, but they all seem to be able to last long enough for Arekkusu to make it.

"Wait up!" Arekkusu yelled from above, making himself become known to the group. He was ready to confront the bear, sending it to the bits of data. "I'm going to send that bear to hell!"

ID: 4410  Bd: 1  Mb: 5

-Not yet at the bear-

"It looks like I have to handle things a little bit" Crozeph pushed the bear away to gain distance so he could attack. As the bear got pushed back Crozeph charged in and kicked it sending it a few feet backward "here's payback, this will be beary painful" he said making a pun before attacking the bear. Crozeph pointed his sword downward and quickly slashed upward creating a circular motion hitting the bear from its left leg to the jaw. The bear tried to fight back but Crozeph quickly moved to its side skidding and his sword raised as a shield and the grenade taking effect causing the monster to be confused "I guess I was off guard for a while and thanks to anyone who threw that monster grenade" he said with his eyes still on the bear.

[iD:4444]

Battle Dice: [7] success

2 base dmg +2 weapon dmg

Mob Dice: [5] - [2] = [3] fail

Crozeph 15/17

Raging Bear 10/15

Seeing an opening Zahra charged forward effectively switching with Crow. 

{ID# 4517} {Battle 4(+1)} {Craft 10} {Loot 20} {MOD 4} Zahra

But luck didn't seem to be in her favor today because once more her attack missed. The frustration was now building like a title wave. Either way she had managed to draw the attention of the bear and that was fine with her. If anything she could distract it while someone else made an attack. In order to make herself a harder target Zahra started to sporadically move. She even made fake attack gestures with her spear to keep it's eyes on her. 

Zahra 11/11

Raging Bear 10/15

Arekkusu ran lower, but for some reason he was being slowed down. What was going on to him? He pushed forward, but he wasn't going any further... why was it like he was growing weaker? No matter, he wasn't going to die yet, and while he wasn't dead, he will still push forward. Arekkusu then got a little closer, tempted to throw the blade, but he wasn't at that point yet. So he kept on running. The bear then took its eyes off the others and jumped at Arekkusu, perfect, they can attack while he was being the target. Arekkusu didn't mind losing some health.

ID: Bd: 5  Mb:6

Arekkusu: 42/42

Raging Bear: 10/15

MD8

BD2

Sousuke was getting sick of the bear now he rushed in swinging his sword but missed and took a claw swipe to the arm. "I'm getting reeeeeal tired of this s***, time to level the playing field." He activated his passive abilities which would now take constant effect for the rest of the game.

Sousuke 26/27 Damage +1

Bear 10/15

"Time to make a move" Crozeph said as he saw his friends try to attack to the boar, others successfully hitting it and others failing at the attempt. Crozeph's speed was something that the boar can't match due to its size that almost makes it stumble at quick turns and sudden change of directions but this was Crozeph's specialty, what he lacks in strength he matches up with his agile nature. Crozeph made a downward swing hitting the shoulder of the boar before it could attack him again with its claws. The boar moved back, it didn't expect an attack from him due to the others catching its attention "another successful hit..." he said "...let's keep this up guys" he added moving back and signaling the others "switch!" he yelled.

[iD: 4678]

Battle Dice: [6] success

2 base dmg +2 weapon dmg

Mob Dice: [3] - [2] = [1] fail

Crozeph 15/17

Raging Bear 6/15

Arekkusu then made it, but the bear was ready for him. It pounced on him while Arekkusu attempted to block it, but the weight pressed down on him heavily, causing him to fall back, but it didn't hurt too much. He lost his element of surprise, but he was nowhere near finished. This bear had no chance of survival... even though it should've had no chance at hitting him. No matter though, he had his group behind him as well, they play one way, Arekkusu plays his own way.

ID:4619 Bd:3  Mb: 8

Arekkusu: 41/42

Bear: 6/15

And...now!

{ID# 4669} {Battle (5 +1) 6} {Craft 2} {Loot 15} {MOD 9} Zahra

Seeing the opportunity open, Zahra sped forward and then leaped into the air. The tip of the spear slid into the bear's back. As gravity took over the spear ripped down through the pixalated body causing the bear to cry out (DAMAGE 1). As soon as her feet hit the solid ground Zahra prepared a defense stance. Finally lady luck had decided to grace her with a hit. At least not she felt like she was contributing something to the party.  Feeling better about that she smiled slightly and focused back on the battle. 

Bear: 6/15

Sousuke 26/27

Crozeph 15/17

Zahra 11/11

Marisa 15/15

Arekkusu was still dealing with the bear holding him down, but he couldn't quite get out. He was ready to stab it, but for some reason he couldn't power his way out of the pin. He wasn't going to escape so easily, but Arekkusu was distracting the bear, giving the rest of the group time to attack.  Come on! Come on! Arekkusu thought.

ID:4671  Bd:2  Mb:1

Sousuke: 26/27

Crozeph: 15/17

Zahra: 11/11

Marisa:15/15

Bear: 5/15

(Sorry for being gone for the weekend though it seems the fight is still going on)

Deciding that now was the perfect time to attack, Marisa rushes forward with her sword and slices the bears face. Even though it didn't do as much damage as she had hoped it did decide to get off of the person and go after her. Swiping at her Marisa turns to the side so that it barely misses her. "I'll let you guys strike while I distract the bear for a second seein how I'm very good at annoyin people when I want to." She says with a grin on her face as she dodges another swipe from the bear.

• Rolled a 7 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 1 on the d10 (mob) dice.
  • Rolled a 3 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 3 on the d20 (loot) dice.
  •  
  •  

Sousuke: 26/27

Crozeph: 15/17

Zahra: 11/11

Marisa:15/15

Bear: 4/15