OP-F1 <Earning a Living> The Aspiring Merchant

Sousuke had had enough of this bear he gritted his teeth and ran forward ducking under the bears arm and impaling It clean in the chest. It gave out a mighty roar as Sousuke pierced it further into the chest. ''DIE YOU SON OF A B****!'' he screamed as it toppled onto its back and exploded into a shower of pixels

BD 9

Damage 4

Bear dead

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crozeph smiled as Sousuke killed the boar shattering it to pieces and its fragments carried by the wind "now we should go to Horunka before more trouble pops up" he told them. Crozeph noticed the new addition to his group "hey Arekkusu, thanks for that grenade..." Crozeph sheathe his sword "...it was a great help" he added. Crozeph then began to make his way to Horunka trusting only his instincts. "We're close I guess" he told them. Crozeph has never felt more excited one he delivers the last items to the village "I'm gonna be a merchant soon, it makes me feel excited" he said grinning. "Though I never knew that this would be dangerous, I guess I have to drop the idea of becoming a traveling merchant" he said as he talks to himself. Crozeph then saw a few buildings from afar "there it is Horunka..." Crozeph looked at his right and saw two more bears appearing with one of it larger than the other one "hey guys, more trouble" he said as he pulls out his sword again.

enemy encounter

Raging Bear 10/10

Mad Bear 7/7

(ooc: sorry I'm bad at naming animals)

"The big one is mine." Arekkusu exclaimed as he then activated his favorite skill. In his head, it gave him a lot of charisma. And every time he uses it, the target does get struck pretty hard. This battle was over for that bear from the start. Arekkusus body sped towards the bigger bear and his blade glowed with blue light, leaving a blue trail of light behind him. He then got up to the bear, took a heavy paw to his face, then sliced through it with a lot of intensity behind his arms. The bear instantly shattered into many pieces, it was beautiful in Arekkusus eyes.

ID:4734  Bd: 9  Mb:10    Loot: 10

Arekkusu: 41/42

Raging Bear: DEAD

Mad Bear: 7/7

Crozeph then followed Arekkusu as he finished attacking. Crozeph aimed his sword at the second bear trying to deal damage but the bear moved as it also tried to attack him too. Crozeph changed his movements but not to attack, it was to dodge the claw of the bear. Crozeph successfully dodged it but missed his chance to attack the bear. Crozeph then moved back to avoid further damage "this thing is a bit strong, be careful" he said.

[iD: 4788]

Battle Dice: [1] fail

Mob Dice: [2] fail

Crozeph 19/19

Mad Bear 7/7

BD 2

MD 7

''Another bear? DAMMIT JUST DIE ALREADY!'' screamed Sousuke. he was getting real sick of these bears and just wanted to make the delivery and get the quest over with forn his friends sake. He didn't want him died on the road to earning his profession. He charged forward and took a paw straight to the face knocking him over and he landed on his back winded.

Bear 7/7

Sousuke 27/29

"It seems we may just bearly make it to the village am I right ~Da Ze!" Marisa says before slicing the bear's face with her blade. Hearing how Sousuke is reacting to this she thinks up another joke. "It seems some of us just can't bear much more of this." She says, but having been ignored (Or it was getting sick of puns) the bear knocks her over and  starts trying to maul her face so she quickly puts her sword in the way. "It would be nice if one of you could get Yogi off of me."

• Rolled a 9 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 6 on the d10 (mob) dice.

Bear 5/7

Sousuke: 27/29

Marisa: 14/15

Crozeph saw that Marisa is getting attacked by the bear and its seems that she's having a hard time shaking it off her. Crozeph moved his left foot forward and made a swift dash towards the bear. As soon he goes in a few feet, Crozeph slashed upward launching the bear in the air for a few seconds taking it off Marisa "it's not obear yet bear" he said. Crozeph helped her stand up and patted her head "trying moving away a bit, that thing's huge" he said. Crozeph eyed the bear waiting if someone would come in and finish it off.

[iD: 4812]

Battle Dice: [8] success

2 base dmg +2 weapon dmg

Mob Dice: [6] - [2] = [4] fail

Crozeph 19/19

Mad Bear 3/7

"Stand back!" Arekkusu called out to everyone in the group, he was ready to finish the fight, the blade of his ready for another last fight before it belongs to someone else. Arekkusu gained so much speed due to his Illusionist coat, causing him to blur into the air in the direction of the bear. Two seconds later, the bears shattered into many pieces and Arekkusu appeared on the other side of the bear. His body untouched by the bear, the attack ending in the favor of Arekkusu.

ID:4828  Bd: 7 (1+1+1+3+1=7 Dmg)  Md: 3  (2 Eva= Md: 1)  Loot:18 ( 1 Mat)

Arekkusu: 42/42

Mad Bear: DEAD

Crozeph sat on the ground "all right let's get to the village already so we can get this over with" he said. Crozeph never was worried of his current state, he was worried of the others, if trouble keeps popping up like bamboo shoots after the rain they'll surely end up exhausted. It was a good thing Arekkusu was there to help him "ok my friends, anyone who agrees with me to make a run for it?" he asked them as he tries to stand up "of course we'll stay close, let's just try to avoid more yogi bears appearing and attacking us out of nowhere" he said. Crozeph pointed at the little buildings he sees from afar "that's Horunka so we should make a run for it" he said. Crozeph sheathe his sword and faced the direction to where the village is.

After defeating the first bear Zahra remained quiet as they headed toward the village. In her head she was going over all the times that she had tried to hit it, but missed. Other thoughts that occupied her mind was about the party she was with. They were all very good fighters--there was no doubt about that. There strategy as a team was a little off, but then again they had never worked with each other before, so that made complete sense. Then there was also the fact that it felt like she could trust them all. Even if some of them came off as a little brash. 

Right as they were almost there they ran into two more bears. Before even being able to get in a hit in the bears went down and turned into pixels. That was mainly thanks to the highest leveled member in there party--Arekkusu. Overall Zahra was feeling quite ambivalent about him being here. Shrugging off the feeling, she then heard Crow mention if they wanted to sprint the rest of the way. They were close enough that they might as well. Opening the HUD Zahra placed the spear in her inventory. 

"I say we go for it," Zahra answered, turning to face the town as well, "I mean we are so close..."

Resting her blade on her shoulder Marisa turns to the others. "I'm fine with whatever you guys decide seein how I'm fine with runnin or walkin." Dematerializing her sword nto her inventory she walks over to Zahra and puts a hand on her shoulder. "Just from lookin at you I can tell somethins up, though I won't bother ya about that." Taking her hand off of Zahra's shoulder Marisa grins at her. "Course I am also wonderin if I could borrow that book you had out earlier seein how it seemed more intrestin than these player guide things." Marisa says as she materializes the player guide out of her inventory and tosses it over her shoulder hitting Crozeph in the face. "So what do ya say to me borrowin it ~Da Ze?"

Arekkusu looked at Crozeph and Sousuke, his too best friends that he even think of them like brothers. The height differences making Arekkusu look like the only one, but in performance in battle, Arekkusu felt like he was the oldest. Still, he doesn’t look down onto either of them, he has the highest of respects for them. As for the other two, they actually helped Crozeph and Sousuke, and so he feels like he could trust them. Still… it was hard to travel with a group of players he doesn’t even know the names of. He didn’t even know what the group was doing in the first place, it just seemed like his friends were in danger and Arekkusu had to help.

“Hey Crozeph.†Arekkusu said as he grinned at his first friend, Crozeph is a lot faster on his feet and stronger with his blade. Someday they could have a duel when Crozeph grows strong enough. They were great friends, and even better allies. “You seem to be the leader of this party, is there anything you are doing right now? Or are you just fighting for fun? Also, who are the other players with you, they are with you right?â€

Crozeph picked up the book "he-hey I'll borrow that book Zahra has first... nevermind" he said. Crozeph saw that everyone is fine with either running or walking "now brothers and sisters let's make a run for it" Crozeph then looked at Arekkusu "oh, I'm on a quest to become a merchant, I know it doesn't look like one because of the trouble we've ran into..." Crozeph looked at the others who he thinks Arekkusu don't know "that girl who's holding a book earlier is Zahra and the other one who was in danger of getting mauled by the bear is Marisa, they tagged along because..." Crozeph paused for a second. He then realized that he didn't know why they tagged along, it just seem fun having people around while travelling "...I don't know, maybe they have some things to do on where I'm heading you know, mutual interests" Crozeph said before laughing. Crozeph then cleared his throat and stomped his left foot "all right everyone, last one to arrive will buy us some food" he said grinning. Crozeph suddenly dashed forward leaving dust cloud on his trail. Crozeph was not a strength figher, what he lacks in damage he makes up with his speed. It seemed weak to others but that's how he survived, by reacting fast enough and moving fast leaving no time for his opponents to react abd now he's enjoying the speed he's utilizing inside the game "come on everyone, Horunka isn't far away" he yelled at them.

The feeling of someone touching her shoulder caused her to turn slightly. It was none other than the other female in the group--Marsia. The fact that the other girl could tell that something was bothering her just by looking was amazing. Then again, she never really considered herself to be very guarded. Feeling grateful that Marsia wasn't going to try and pry in her business Zahra offered her a gentle smile. 

"I have no problem letting you borrow it." Not even seconds after that Crow piped in about wanting to borrow it as well. "I have another one you can borrow. As long as I get them back I'm okay." It wasn't that rare to have a book, was it? The merchant that supplied the books certainly had not acted like it. Right as her mind was about to wander off further into la-la land the sound of someone stomping there foot brought her back to reality. It was Crow, saying that they last one there had to buy food--and then he was gone. Without hesitation Zahra took off after him determined not to be the last one to enter town.  "No way am i going to be last!" Zahra called behind her, grinning playfully. 

Arekkusu grinned. He let Crozeph run off, it wasn't going to be hard to catch up to him, and he certainly didn't like to lose money. Then he saw one of the female players running to catch up to him as well. Arekkusu seemed to be slacking a bit, but he just stood, waiting for them to obtain enough distance. He then blurred out of sight, running his fastest to pass them. If only he could run so fast in real life, it felt so great to be running at such intense speeds. Arekkusu dragged a lot of wind with him as well when he ran. He didn't even use charge to run faster, he might drift everybody off of their feet if he did that with the wind he is creating.

"Well, I know I'm not going to be paying." Arekkusu said with a bit of playfulness in his voice. It felt great acting his age again, he knew he was so young, he just never felt it until now. He was actually hanging out with friends and racing, playing games with them. Not a single care in the world. "Come on, is that all you got?"

Seeing how a game was started on people getting a free meal Marisa grins to herself, and knowing that she can't lose today catches up to Zahra and after getting ahead of her a bit she starts to run backwards still staying a few steps ahead of her. "I decided that while we do this race I will talk to someone and seein how the guys ran pretty quickly at the thought of a free meal I decided to talk to ya some more ~Ze!" After thinking a bit she speaks again. "Would ya like to know when and the reason why I came to SAO?" Marisa asks Zahra seeming to be serious instead of laid back about something for once.

Arekkus then decided to talk to Crozeph ans Sousuke, catch up a little bit with the news. There are some things though that Arekkusu would not even dare mention, he just wanted to burn up some memories of...events to say the least. The last time any of them talked was when 2 of the 3 of them were drunk, one more than the other, and Arekkusu doesn't drink. They were normal this time, so he didn't have to carry Crozeph to make sure he made it out safely.

"What's up guys?" Arekkusu asked as the two of them were still running, Arekkusu trying to pace his running slower to make sure he doesn't lose them. "It has been a while huh, we need to get those items so maybe we could all hang out again... and this time, no overdrinking, I'm talking to you Crow."

Hearing that someone had intentionally entered this death game caused her to stumble. Catching herself, Zahra sped up so that she was running next to the backwards-running girl. It had never even passed through her mind that someone would willingly come in here, but now that Marisa had mentioned the women could think of a few reasons. The main one being her sister. Suddenly, Zahra wanted to know what Marisa was doing here; when the other girl got here. 

"I do." Zahra affirmed, nodding her head slightly. 

Crozeph looked back to Arekkusu, he did remember that last time he got drunk. He woke up on a fountain floating aimlessly "I wasn't overdrinking, I got drunk so easily that night..." Crozeph looked forward, the town is almost near "remind me not to drink in one go" he told them. Crozeph kept on running, he didn't have enough col to buy them all foods and drinks "I don't sleep on inns to save money, I don't want to lose it either on running" he said to himself. The only thing that Crozeph needs to do is deliver the final goods and obtained the quest reward item, something that he seemed to be clueless "there it is, Horunka village..." Crozeph raised both his hands and tripped on a branch in the middle of the way. Crozeph entered the town rolling, too careless on his part. Crozeph stood up after the fall, hair messed up and dusts all over his cloak. Crozeph took off his cloak and flapped it, removing the dust and creating dust clouds in the process "looks like I made it first" he told them.

(ooc: last one to post is the last one to arrive)

Arekkusu quickly zipped towards the end with his hands up. He didn't know how Crozeph beat him, but he somehow did. Probably because Arekkusu talked, but Arekkusu wasn't one of those people who digged for some sort of excuse for losing other than his own skill. He hated those people from the start, always so damn perfect that when they lose, it is never their fault.

"I seemed to have made it here in second." Arekkusu said by the gates.