[PP-F2] A new frontier... Kinda. (Sol / Sousuke)

Sol hurried through the first boss floor room, since the front-liners had already defeated the boss, he could pass on by with no trouble. As Sol climbed the staircase, he came across the doorway to the next floor. "Alright! One down! Ninety-nine to go!" He shouted as he lept out of the door way and looked around. "Okay, so! What's around here...?"

Sol began to walk, being weary of his surroundings as he continued, keeping his Spear out and ready for any kind of attack from a monster. "More Forest.. Looks a bit more dense here though." Once Sol navigated out of the forest he sees more plains... and mountains. "Whoa, Nice! He smiled as Sol ran across the fields, wanting to now test his strength against some newer and stronger monsters.

Sousuke was wandering around the plains on the second floor wartching the new players training against the wolves and what not. He lit his now ever present cigarette and took a nice drag, exhaling in one long motion. He noticed a guy running across the plains like a madman. He found this intriging judging by his movements he wasn't your run of the mill new guy.

"Yo spear where you off to in a hurry." He shouted out to him trying to grab his attention

As Sol ran across the fields, he heard a distant voice calling out. "Spear?" Sol slowed down his run and halted his position standing in the middle of the field. He spotted the player that shouted at him, blinking then waving his hand out at the man. "Hello over there!" Sol shouted back with an optimistic smile across his face.

Sol began to walk towards the player since he did call out to him. He wondered what he could have wanted from him. This was his first visit on his own and he wanted to see things that he was afraid to do with his partner due to the risk of losing her. But a little talk time wouldn't hurt.

This man holding the spear came to a halt and looked around for a second before noticing Sousuke and waving to him. He approached him from across the field, the distance gave Sousuke time to access the man approaching him and he certainly wasn't like the other new players that passed this way.

''Sup kid names Sousuke I couldn't help but notice you seemed in a hurry there but judging by your movements you haven't the foggiest idea about this place have you?'' he asked curtly sure this boy was wearing equipment a little way out of the new players league but his actions made it quite clear he was new to this floor at least.

Sol watched Sousuke approach him, curious on what he would want from him. At least he had a green cursor upon observation, this way if anything he wouldn't act in hostility. Sol's eyes looked over the equipment of the man, noting the Â«Coat of Midnight» he was wearing. "...Ki...rito?" Sol blinked thinking this was a chance of meeting a possible hero of the front-liners. "N-No way..." As Sousuke got closer, he said his name to Sol as Sol lowered his head slightly. Not him...

He let out a slight sigh but picked himself up. "Hey there, Sousuke. I'm Sol." He smiled with confidence as he held out his hand to the man. Listening to Sousuke's observation about himself, he nodded. "I was only up here briefly. I kinda have a bit of an Itch to explore more of this area on my own before I bring a friend up here further in."

Sousuke listened to what the man had to say and shook his hand, he certainly seemed a little green and he was playing scout for a friend it seems.

"Scout eh? Well i happen to be in the middle of mapping out the area." He said as he took a drag of his cigarette "I can show you around a little if u want." Sousuke was feeling pretty helpful today and this kid looked like he could use some.

Sol shrugged, he could use the help on getting to survey more of the area. "Sure, Sounds like a plan." He said as he swiped down his menu, sending Sousuke a party invite with a quick ting. "Alright then... First thing is first... What's around here that you have explored so far?" He asked, cutting quickly to the chase, if anything he was eager to make progress that's for sure. Sol never wanted to waste time if he had the chance to further improve himself.

Sousuke accepted the request for a party and looked at his map interface. He scanned through the areas he had marked finding that he marked most of the plains and was now heading into the mountains.

"I got most of the plains done exept for the section at the entrance to the mountain path so its up to you how we do this, do you wanna head into the plains where I'm mapped out or do you wanna come help me map out the mountains?" He asked politly wait for a reply

Sol grinned upon Sousuke explaining his choices. Sol looked up at the mountains and points up there. "We'll it would make more progress for you if we continue to map out uncharted territory. The Mountains it is!" Sol looked back to Sousuke with a confident smile. "If we run into anything, I'm sure we could take it out easy. You look like you can definitely handle yourself." Sol continued being overconfident with their ability. "Though, if things get a bit hairy, I'll have to recommend retreat. Are you fine with that? Though if you persist to stay, I'll stay but.. I do want a good safety net for us to operate on.

Sousuke listened to boy as he spoke and explained his tactics and mentioned the retreat. He took a drag of the cigarette and spoke up.

"Ha you speak as if this is just a game, don't forget kid if we die here its over out there as well if we need to run for it ill be right behind ya, when the going gets tough the tough get going ... or something like that." He told the boy. He was right though there was no point needlessly risking their lives for the sake of their pride.

A smile came across Sol's face upon him mentioning the retreat option being a confirmed action if things get tough. "Alright then. So, whats the game plan. You looking for anything in particular? Or just gathering map survey data?" Sol seemed to not mind being called a kid, despite him looking like a young adult. "There was a Cave I wanted to look into due to curiosity. If that's alright with you of course." He turned to look at Sousuke with a confident grin he always seem to wear on his face.

Sousuke weighed his options up and came to a conclusion he thought would suit both of their goals. "Ok so i was thinking of gathering map data mainly, however if its ok with you id like to map the area around the cave before we acctually enter, sound good?" He asked taking note that this guy definitely seemed to confident for his own good. Sousuke might have to talk some sense into him at some point.

Sol agreed to Sousuke's terms. "Alright, sounds good to me. You lead the way, I'll back you up." He explained as he looked up toward the mountains, curious to what lies on the mountain-side. "So what kind of monsters would we be dealing with? Do you know?" Sol asked as he pulled out a loaf of bread from his menu and began to snack on it while he awaited an answer.

Sousuke thought long and hard about Sols question. If this were the real world he would have said the odd bear and maybe mountain lions, but here he wasn't so sure about it. ''Maybe bears or something ... harpies maybe?'' he said. It was all foreign land to Sousuke, that was why he wanted to map the area. Get the hang of what lurks where in this game.

Sol nodded in agreement, wanting to satisfy the urge to dart ahead. "Alright Sousuke, lets get moving shall we?" Sol says as he begins to cautiously trek onward. Sol watched as the environment around him began to change into cliffsides and caves as the two ventured onward. "So Sousuke, what made you play this game? Like were you a gamer before?"

Sousuke followed with his sword drawn holding it loosely by his side as he mapped the area with his free hand taking note of landmarks and such as they went. The boy asked about why he began to play the game so he answered. ''I was a late arrival my friend, I was one of the last to enter the game. I entered with my brother he said I had to see the world so I came to join him but we got separated and by time I found him ... it was too late.'' he said to the boy. Sousuke had long since got over his brothers death and now carried his legacy with him.

Sol nodded in admiration for the young man. "That's... noble of you. May he rest in peace and protect you where ever you go." Sol continued on. "I have a brother back home too but he didn't join in... At least I don't think so. He is a little less of a gamer than I was, so him bieng in this world is like finding a needle in a haystack." Sol began to talk about home, making him feel nostalgic but he rather be here in this world. but There was a duty he has to fulfill. He needs to free everyone in this world so they can all return home. "Well, I was kinda distant from my family... Only interaction i had with my brother was online on a few games. That was it." Sol kept his Spear in a holstered position being sure to be alert to the new land around them.

Sousuke nodded as the man continued his story. It was strange, he couldn't remember much about his home any more, he had been in this game for so long that it seemed irrelevant. He was almost reluctant to return home. But he had to save everyone from this hell and ... Find Manta back in the real world. ''I never got the chance to ask but who is your partner from down below?'' he asked. He was sure he mentioned his friend pyro but he had a feeling it was someone else

Sol blinked at the question, a little confused to the context it was used in. "Partner? Like my 'party member' partner or what?" He asked quizzically. "Are you talking about the girl with the two long pigtails? That's Destiny, Pretty cute girl, Very reliable." He added. "Then There was Pyro, younger lass, pretty sharp for combat. That was the two i was with on the lower levels." He nodded as they continued to chart out the area.