[PP-F1] Basic Combat Training (Sol / Pyro)

Sol walks out in the fields on the first floor with a new player he met, Pyro, a young purple haired girl. Determined to teach low level fighters the basics to be on their own, stretches his arms and turns to Pyro with a smiling face. "Alright. So Miss Pyro. What kind of monster would you like to go up against? a pack of Wolves? a herd of Boar? a bunch of lizards? Ladies choice." He smirked with a confident smile across his face. "Either way we go about it, I will try to cook what we kill, as promised." Sol mentioned lastly as he patted his stomach some. "I just hope I get lucky..."

Sol smirked, the taste of boar making his mouth water, he had made boars successfully and it was indeed delicious!  "Of Course. Now, Once we find one, Want to charge in first? or want me to get his attention first?" He asked due to some concern for lack of armor she was wearing. Of course he wasn't too much better than Pyro was but at least a little something was better than nothing.

Sol gave a smile to her question. "If you're eager to go in and attack, I won't stop you. I'll hang back and make sure you don't get hurt too much. Sound good?" Sol points off in the distance, seeing a small group of boars. "Alright, lets go get them shall we?" Sol pulled his spear in preparation for a fight. 

Pyro unsheathes her curved sword, and runs towards the group that Sol had pointed towards in attempt to get the first attack.

Pyro HP: 10/10

Boar #1 HP: 2/2

Boar #2 HP: 2/2

Boar #3 HP: 2/2

ID: 4052

BD: 6 (Success)

MD: 10 (Critical Success +2 damage)

Pyro successfully attacks Boar #1 by slicing its side and smiles in satisfaction.

Pyro HP: 10/10

Boar #1 HP: 1/2

Boar #1 attacks Pyro while she is unsuspecting and in a trance. A cut marked by a red spot that soon vanishes afterwards appears on her right leg.

Pyro HP: 7/10

Boar #2 lunges at Pyro and knocks the girl to her hands and knees. Pyro flinches at the pain that should've been there but isn't.

Pyro HP: 7/10

ID: 4109

MD: 9 (Critical Success +1 damage)

Pyro HP: 5/10

As she prepares to stand up, her blood boiling with determination to kill these boars and prove to Sol she could fight, Pyro finds herself falling to the ground again.

ID: 4110

MD: 10 (Critical Success +2 damage)

Pyro HP: 4/10

'Three boars! I forgot..." She sighs.

"S-Sol!" Pyro begins nervously, a bit ashamed and embarrassed. Usually she would fight until the end, but there were no hospitals in SAO! Once your HP drops to 0, it's over. "Switch with me so I can restore my health with food."

Pyro frowns. She hopes that if Sol does cook later, the bread won't ruin her appetite. Better safe than sorry with 4 HP left, right?

[4118] [sol 4+1 = 5]

Sol dashes in, the herd of boars were definitely causing her trouble and if anything he could grab their attention at least. Sol leaps up and into the air, landing infront of Pyro. "Retreat for now. I'll handle these." Sol swipes at the boars quickly to try and fend them off of Pyro, grabbing attentions of the troublesome pigs. Unlucky on his part his swipe missed his primary target. But hey... At least Pyro would be safe for the time being. "Pyro! If things turn worse, and I say run, you run. Okay?" He said clearly so she could hear him in the midst of combat.

[sol misses]

"Of course!" Pyro nods and stands back, her sword still drawn. She's disappointed in herself for not trying hard enough. Before it had seemed so easy to kill without losing much HP, but now she wasn't doing too well. A frown forms on her face but she watches Sol fight; for once, Pyro was actually focused on something.

- {out of context} Using BD for boar #1 and MD for boar #2 and #3

Boar # 1 rushes at Sol as he is instructing Pyro and lands a slight blow on the distracted player. The boar runs back to his designated spot and waits until it is his turn again, almost as if he can't attack unless it is.

ID: 4222

Sol HP: 14/15

Pyro frowns as Sol loses health points. She feels guilty and wonders if eating will restore HP at the moment and decides to ask. "Sol does this count as being in battle if I've retreated?" Pyro yells as the other player gets in a defensive stance waiting for boar #2 to attack.

ID: 4223

MD: 7 (Success)

Once again the boar is the one to succeed. #2 attacks Sol and knocked him to the ground. #3 is ready, already gnashing its teeth and drooling all over the place.

Sol HP: 13/15

Boar #3 rushes in while Sol begins to stand up. Sol successfully dodges the attack, though the boar was far off from even laying a scratch on him.

Pyro sighs in relief. 'It's finally Sol's turn.'

ID: 4224

MD: 1 (Critical Failure)

[4359] [sol = 8]

Sol attacks one of the boars and quickly kills it with ease and grace, using the momentum of his spear to ready another attack or defend against one. "I don't think it works till we are both out of combat!" He shouted to Pyro so she could hear him. "If you feel like you can take one be my guest, Just don't risk yourself okay?"

[sol hits boar #2 for 4 damage]

Boar #2 HP: -2/2 <DEAD>

Pyro nods at Sol and once again is ready to fight. 'I have 4 HP left, and the most they can do is 3 HP, bring it on!' She thought and leapt up into the air. She swung at a boar randomly and managed to cut its head straight off. Crystal shards flew into the air as Pyro landed gracefully onto the ground and stood back up.

ID: 4406

Boar #1 HP: 0/2 (dead)

Boar #2 HP: -2/2 (dead)

"Only one boar left." Pyro muttered under her breath. "It's going to die no matter what!"

[4418] Sol = 11

Sol charges the last boar and strikes with a mighty blow from over head, his spear glowing a heavy blue flame. "AZURE BUSTER!" This was a sword skill for sure, but he made that up. Sounded cool. And defintely add a bit of a cool factor to his attacks... At least he thought it did. As his spear connect with the boar, the creature explodes into data and shards, no trace of the animal's shape like it usually leaves before it explodes, It was just outright destroyed.

[sol destroyed the final boar for 6 Damage] (Critical)

"Heh! There we go!" Sol looked to Pyro. "Good job on your judgement. You made the right decision back there to retreat for a moment and let me tag in and soak up damage."

Boar #1 HP: 0/2 (dead)

Boar #2 HP: -2/2 (dead)

Boar #3 HP: -4/2 (dead)

Pyro watched as Sol attacked and swiftly destroyed the animal. 'What was that he yelled?' She wondered deciding to ask another time as other things were flooding her thoughts. "Good job Sol!" Pyro looked at Sol and grinned. She walked up to him and pointed to her stomach, winking. "Say how about some food?" Pyro giggled softly and crossed her arms. Admiration flickered in her crimson eyes. She definitely looked up to Sol now and Pyro took his compliment to heart.

- {out of context} Roll the loot dice? Or treasure chest.

(The Enemies you fight have to have 1/2 of your total hp for any kind of loot to drop. and Treasure chests have to be in appropriate places for them to show up. I.E. caves, dungeons, ect.)

Sol chuckled in response to her kudos on defeating the Boar. "Thanks, Its nothing really... Just practice." He replied. Sol looked to the boar he killed noticing that there was no loot Window this time around. "Bummer, Looks like these were to weak this time around. Darn, would have been awesome if they gave us something." He explained as he turned to look at Pyro and heard her ask about food. "O-Oh, Of course! Lets set up a little site, Just in case, I have a back up of left overs if this fails." Sol begins to pull out his cooking equipment and sets up a small cooking fire, pulling out some ingredients to cook with. "Lets see if I luck out this time." Sol laughs as he preps his food and starts to cook the meal.

"Cool." Pyro sits herself on the grass and leans back, propping herself up with her slender arms. She enjoys watching Sol cook and is happy that the fight is over. Though she was really excited that she had killed at least one herself and the others with the help of Sol. Pyro falls into the trance and closes her eyes, starting to daydream. It had been a while since she got to daydream since Pyro was usually out in the fields, crafting, or inspecting the other floors to get a good taste of them. She needed more moments where she actually felt safe.

[4421] Craft = 11

Sol finishes his cooking and pulls the beautiful meat off of the fire and places it on a plate and sets it before the two. "Alright~! Turned out better than I thought! Here we go..." Sol Examines his best dish yet and notices it has a temporary buff added to it. "Whoa! Alright!" He clenches his fist in excitement. "Okay Pyro, I'm afraid we can only sample this dish, Save alot of this Dish and eat it before a troublesome adventure, it can raise your HP by 6 when you eat it for the day. Which can definitely help you out. In the mean time!" Sol scrolls through his menu and pulls out a whole boarmeat sandwich and cuts it in half. "You can enjoy this to your fullest. It doesn't have any buffs but it was made not that long ago."

[sol creates...]

Item: Â«Deluxe Hog Roast»
Type: Consumable (Food)
Quality:  Rare
Obtained:  Basic Combat Training
Enhancements:  [Well Fed] (Rank 2) (+6 HP for Day/Thread)
Description:  A beautifully roasted Boar, with seasonings to satisfy any hungry adventurer.