[PP-F9] The Talk

Celes sighed as she pulled down her HUD. She send a quick message: 

Hey, can you come meet me? We need to talk...

Sehes sat down on a bench near the teleport gate. She waited for the person she messaged to arrive. Hoping for the best. Maybe things would go well, maybe they wouldnt. Either way She would know now.  Her hands were shaking, afraid for what was to come. 

Tristan sighed and looked at the sky in thought, thinking how he should confront to Celes. He was after all her brother, the pendant against his chest a reminder of that. He really did want to be with her, in a brother sense.

Lo and behold, a message came through to meet her. Well, if there was any time to make amends, he supposed now would be good, before it festered and lead to a slow separation. Tristan found her choice of floors odd, but went with it anyway, in not too long coming through the teleport gate. He was in casual clothing and waved hello, sitting next to the bench beside her and waiting, to see what she wanted to say.

"I'm sorry" her words came with tears she had forgotten she was withholding "i'm sorry about all of this, its my fault i shouldnt have given you the potion, but i wanted you to get a date, to get laid and stuff. I wanted you to have fun but suddenly you were accusing me of something.." she choked on her words "You know how much she means to me! you know how much i care about her" s he was sobbing now, unable to hold back "Why would you do that it hurt my feeling but in the end it s all my fault im so sorry"  she was crying. There, out in the open, in front of everyone, everywhere. 

Tristan sighed and gave her a hug, much like when she had broken down before. He wasn't even sure now who was more responsible for the incident, but in retrospect that actually mattered little.

"I wasn't so much accusing than I suppose eliminating the possibility of it, like a 'just in case' measure. I think intentions got misconstrued somewhere down the line though and caused a mess." He chuckled, thinking how human nature was just flawed like that. "Well I think the best we can do is say intentions were good, just a combination of various factors meant I messed up whatever intent it was. It's something I suppose I would prefer to leave behind though as one of the mistakes I will learn from. After all, we all make mistakes. They're fine as long as you learn from them though. Or at least that's what my boss at work always used to say before I became a boss..."

"I wasnt going to cheat on her, sure shes cute. But i have a whole woman i love, how could she ever add up? but... i wanted to get away from Zel, i wanted to move, instead.. i ended up leaving the party in tears.. i felt betrayed dear. Dont you trust me?" She asked, her eyes boring into him as if trying to see into his soul. She sighed "this is insane....and painful, you know" 

Tristan gave a lopsided smile. "I do know, but I'm also not a mind reader, so its not like I can tell for sure your intentions. Hell, I'm probably one of the people who struggles on that kind of picking up on things."

He gave kind eyes to Celes, in no way angry in her but only at himself. "I know, I was wrong though. I'm sorry..."

"Tristan, you know... itll take me a while to forgive you, to be okay with you. To trust you again"  she smiled  at the man in front of her, sadly but  genuinely. "I dont know how long it will take, but...youre still my brother, okay?" she said holding her necklace close. She seemed almost distracted, looking around a bit nervously. She didnt know how to do this, how to forgive someone...

Tristan nodded, breathing a sigh of relief. They looked to be at least on similar pages, if not the same. He held visibly his own pendant in his hand which was the same as hers. "Of course. I'll wait for the world to end for my brother." He smiled saying. It was understandable that it would take her time to accept him again, but hearing that he was still her brother was possibly one of the best things he heard since the incident, as it meant she still trusted the bond between them, even if not the person. "Take all the time you want."

Celes smiled. "How about we go... eat something?  soup? dumplings? something warm?"  She sighed and stood up, wiping tears from her face. "What do you say, lets start over? I'm celes, nice to meet you!"  she said, putting out her hand for a shake. "Would you like to go out for lunch?  I'd love to get to know you' She said, keeping her tone even, controlled.

Tristan laughed out loud at her greeting, reminding him of the quirkiness he was all too familiar with. "And me likewise. I'm Tristan. Yes, let's go for food, since I didn't have breakfast thing morning."

The message had kind of rushed him and he dropped all other priorities when it camd through, including food. He shook the warm hand that was presented before him.

Smiling celes said "Oh, missed your breakfast? you must be so busy!" she said with a smirk. She took him to a noodle shop on the floor "they make delicious Pho, so its worth trying!" She said with a smile. She sat down and ordered a nice bowl of Pho, wit beef and a few other things. She had always enjoyed how soup made her feel. Maybe this would help....

Tristan quirked an eyebrow at the name of the dish. "Pho?" Tristan was trying to figure what on earth that could be while being led to the shop. He was utterly clueless on the matter, but followed anyway and ordered the same as Celes did. The Vietnamese dish came down in front of him and what appeared to be a noodle dish with beef and other various foods, making it look rather eclectic. 

It tasted good though which put a smile on his face. "I have never heard of this food before, but its already on my favourite food list I think." he chuckled when he wasn't chewing on some of the food.

CLOSED FOR INACTIVITY:
1 SP Tristan Delaney & Celesmeh