(PP-F1) No Game, No Life (Pyro)

Manta walked out of the starting city, he curved blade ready in her hand. She grinned happily as she prepared to go out into the spawning feilds. She was actually kind of happy that she was stuck in this world. It added a whole new level to the game. It wasnt really a game anymore... It was her life and it was awesome! "Who wants to kill some MOB's!" She called out, raising her sword dramatically.

Pyro walked through the field, enjoying the scenery. Monsters weren't really number one priority. In fact, she could easily sneak past them when their back was to her. Sometimes they wouldn't even attack her. 'A glitch.' Pyro noted. Someday that would probably come back to bite her, but for now, she didn't care. Pyro started to daydream like usual, but something instantly brought her out of the familiar trance. 'Is that... another girl player!' Pyro kept a straight face but on the inside was extremely excited. All other players she had met were male. She hoped the other would see her and approach. Otherwise she'd have to make the move...

• Rolled a 9 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 9 on the d10 (mob) dice.
  • Rolled a 11 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 19 on the d20 (loot) dice.

Manta noticed another player, a ways away from her. She glanced her over for a second or two, and waved excitedly before turning back to the task at hand. In front of her was a tiny boar. It looked like a peice of cake... No really. It actually looked like a boar. She raised her sword and charged, diving to it's right side showily as it tried to head butt her. She dodged it and rammed her sword into it's ribs. Mission accomplished. It burst into blue colored shards. If all monsters were this easy to kill she would be on the front lines in no time. She quickly headed over to another, and prepared to engage it, wondering the whole time if that other player was coming over.

Manta: 5/5

Boar: 0/3 (Critical hit. -3)

Pyro stared at the player in awe. It had only taken her one hit to kill the boar. She didn't really care whether or not is was lucky, it was still impressive. Pyro started to slowly walk towards her, arms crossed, a light blush crossing her face.

"Hey." A casual look stayed on her face though the blush burned her cheeks as Pyro called out to the girl who was already making her way to yet another boar. "Can I join in?"

Manta turned around just before she was going to engage the boar. She stopped and backed off so that it wouldnt attack her. She grinned at the woman that was heading over and waved once. It was actually very cute the way they were blushing, but still acting casual. "Hello! and sure!" It was just then that she noticed the  screen floating in front of her. It read: <<Level Up>>. She smiled and swiped it away. She wondered how she hadnt seen that before.

"O-Oh. Cool, I guess." Pyro didn't expect the girl to accept her request so quickly. "I'm Pyro." She noticed the level up screen and grinned slightly at the other, her silent 'congratulations'. "I haven't even seen another girl player before though I have heard other player speak of their friends who are. I wish SAO had more girls and more younger players. I feel out of place with everyone being older than I am." Pyro spoke quickly and gained more confidence with every word. She seemed to loose the shy attitude when she actually confronted the person.

"I know the feeling. Not too well though. I spend most of my time out here hunting for materials. It gets kind of lonely." She smiled despite the unhappy words she was speaking. "Anyways, I hope to be more social once I get my shop set up." She was planning on being an alchemist. Her main goal for SAO wasn't to escape like most other people. It was to start up an alchemy shop that was famous and everyone wanted buy from. "Im just collecting materials until then. Want to join me!" Manta smiled broadly, her eyes twinkling.

"Yes of course!" Pyro stepped out of her usual shy and calm nature and excitedly squealed. "I think it's awesome you want to be an alchemist. I'm becoming a Blacksmith. You know I'll be buying from your shop and telling others about it for sure." She smiled brightly at Manta and crossed her arms.

"What should we do first?"

• Rolled a 10 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 8 on the d10 (mob) dice.
  • Rolled a 3 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 11 on the d20 (loot) dice.

"What do you want to do? We could go around and clear the area of MOBs..." She pulled her sword out and moved towards the boar, her weapon at the ready. She charged at the last moment and sliced down with her sword. This one appeared to be a bit tougher than the last one, as it didn't die. It's health was in the red though, and one more hit would definitely do the trick. She decided to give Pyro a chance. "He's all yours Pyro!" She said, inviting her to finish the fight.

Manta: 9/9

Boar: 1/5 (Critical hit, -4)

"Okay... Alright."

ID: 4258

BD: 9 (Critical Success +1 damage)

LD: 6 (No loot!)

Pyro unsheathed her curved sword almost instantly and held it in her right hand. She drew her sword back with two hands and rushes towards the boar, releasing her left arm at the last moment and swinging the sword with one hand. Pyro kept running and stopped a few inches away from the boar. A red line that marked where her sword had been went straight through the boar. She turned around and saw crystal shards explode and scatter into the air before disappearing.

Pyro HP: 10/10

Boar HP: 0/5 (dead)

"Sweet." Pyro kept a straight face but on the inside was very excited that she had been able to kill the boar. She looked over to the girl. "Thanks for letting me take the last kill."

The girl frowned when no loot was to be found, but quickly shrugged it off. "Only one or two at a time okay? I'm not as confident and almost got killed once while fighting three..." Pyro admitted after asking her question.

Rolled a 17 on the d20 (loot) dice.

Manta chuckled at Pyro's disappointment about getting no loot. It was funny because all kills gave a material, no matter what. She must have skipped over it. or maybe Manta had gotten it. She had done more damage after all. She checked her inventory, and sure enough there was a new material there. She tapped it and sent it to Pyro. "Here's the loot. It must have gone to me because I did more damage or something." She grinned and headed off to find another. She was on her way when she noticed a piece of gold colored metal sticking up from the ground. She went over to it and pried it out of the ground with her sword. It shimmered and appeared in her inventory. Apparently materials could be found all over the place!

"Oh uh thanks." Pyro felt a little dumb at not noticing the material collection in her inventory from past kills and silently thanked Manta. She followed the girl who started walking and was a little ways ahead of her when Manta stopped and took something gold out of the ground with her sword. "Does it say what it is?" Pyro asked, walking in front of Manta, curious of what the object was. Usually a little description was underneath the picture of the item if you opened it in inventory or maybe Manta already knew herself what it was.

Rolled a 15 on the d20 (loot) dice.

"It's a piece of gold ore... I didn't think you could get them outside of mines, but apparently they randomly spawn too..." She lowered her eyes to the ground in a way that mad her look embarrased, but in reality she was just looking around to see if there were anymore lying around on the ground. She spotted one under a bush and got down on her knees to pry it up. It was quite strange how it appeared to just be lying around. Maybe there was some sort of trick. Like pull the wrong one up and you get a spike to the head. Or it summons some crazy powerful field boss. She didn't mention her suspicions to Pyro though, instead just saying, "Be careful picking those up..."

"I will." Pyro replied. She didn't care for searching for loot though she supposed it would probably be a good idea to start doing that soon. 'Noted.' She told herself as she watched Manta walk around some more. "You can have it." Pyro nodded towards the gold piece still lodged into the ground. All Pyro really wanted to do was watch, Manta was a intriguing person. She seemed like a really nice and spunky girl, but Pyro wanted to know more about her and if the nice side was just a trick. Though, she would never ask, or try to hurt anybody just to know something. And so Pyro stayed behind and watched casually as Manta looked around for more loot to see if she could get lucky.

• Rolled a 3 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 3 on the d10 (mob) dice.
  • Rolled a 6 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 4 on the d20 (loot) dice.

Manta reached down and carefully moved to pull up the golden rock. "Ill get one for you. Materials are just as good as currency you. Sometimes even more valuable." She yanked on it and yanked on it but it wouldn't come up. She gave it one last heave and it shot up out of the ground. There was a loud rumble and a gigantic ogre spawned right in front of her. It spawned right in the middle of an action. Its large boney club shot up and slammed into her chin, sending her flying. Thankfully it didn't seem to do too much damage. She got back to her feet just as gigantic walls of earth shot up around  Pyro and her, closing them into a makeshift arena. They would have no choice but to fight the ogre.

Manta: 10/11

Pyro: 13/13

Ogre: 13/13

"Oh!" Pyro gasped as Manta was thrown into the ground. She was surprised at how quickly the girl got up and into defense stance all over again like nothing happened.

Pyro unsheathed her sword once again and leapt up into the air, using the walls, and leapt off of one and towards the ogre's body. She swings her sword with her right hand and a flash of red follows her sword along the way and cuts the ogre. She flips off of the ogre and bounces back to her spot next to Manta who is ready to attack.

ID: 4353

BD: 7 (Success)

Manta HP: 10/11

Pyro HP: 13/13

Ogre HP: 11/13

(You do two damage btw because of your skill. :D )

BD: 4/10

Manta raised her sword and rushed the monster, swing her sword as a distraction. She tried to run around it and attack it from the side, but it turned with her before kicking her in the stomach and sending her band flying into a wall again. She got to her feet. It was a good thing you didnt feel pain in the game, otherwise she probably wouldnt be getting up so easily.

Manta: 9/11

Ogre: 11/13

Pyro was ready to fight once again as soon as Manta retreated. She readied her sword but the ogre swung at her and in surprise Pyro dropped her sword. The ogre swung at Pyro with his arm, but at last minute, Pyro jumps a few feet into the air thanks to the game-mechanics and swiftly dodges the attack.

ID: 4356

BD: 4 (Failure)

MD: 3 (Failure)

Manta HP: 9/11

Ogre HP: 11/13

- {out of context} fixed the ogre HP on my first attack and made it -2 damage :3

BD: 9

Manta quickly rejoined the fight. She wasn't sure why she wasn't doing well. Maybe it was just the stats of the monster. She went in slowly this time, dodging a swipe of the club and then stabbing the ogre in the leg before retreating out of the way of the club rapidly. At least they were making some progress.

Manta: 9/11

Ogre: 8/13 (Critical: -3)

""Good job Manta!" Pyro yells enthusiastically before getting back into combat mode. As the ogre swung once again, Pyro climbed up his arm and leaped up for an attack directly at its head. But before she could even manage to make a cut with her blade the ogre flicks his arm and Pyro falls off after losing her balance. Luckily Pyro lands on her feet and deals no damage.

ID: 4371

BD: 5 (Failure)

MD: 4 (Failure)

Manta HP: 9/11

Ogre HP: 8/13