[SP-F2] Overthrowing the Queen <Long live the Queen Quest> (Complete)

The wind blows gently on the second floor, the grass swaying as the trees rustle. The sun shined down upon the land, a beautiful day it was. Arekkusu was sitting by the town gates, his head hung lazily against the metal bars and his eyes shut. He had no weapons equipped, and he was wearing his regular old cloth clothing. He wanted to grow stronger with his strength, his recent battles have been hard to survive ever since he was no longer identified as a new player. He needed to eliminate targets a lot faster now, and he is expected to do his own work now. He can’t call upon higher players while he is one himself, and when he leads a group, he definitely can’t look weak in front of them. That would make his group lose all hope. But what could Arekkusu do though? He was lacking in skill currency, so for him to upgrade his skills… that wasn’t really too much of a possibility at the current moment.

“Did you hear of the Queen?†Arekkusu heard a man in the background say, not directly to him, but rather to someone else it seemed. Arekkusu turned his head to the side to see that a tall man with cloth clothing similar to Arekkusus was talking to a lady who seemed to be a bit more than just a villager. They seemed to be talking about… royalty? There was no such thing as royalty in the safe zones, but then again, there was no government at all. Arekkusu was interested in the conversation, so he leaned himself forward towards the two talking players so he could listen to them both.

“The queen is a myth sir.†The lady said to the man with irritation in her voice. She had her blade drawn out, which could be a bad sign. However, Arekkusu looked at the man, who seemed to be nervous, but not scared.

“I swear it is true!†The man told the lady. After that, a small blue screen appeared right in front of me. The man and lady NPCs froze in their place. The message was a quest, “Long Live the Queen.†Arekkusu pressed the blue circle button, interested in what they both had to say.

“There is a forest of Nepents!†The man continued with plead in his voice. “It is said that she has a certain item that allows travelers to travel at intense speeds. Please, as a Tresure Hunter I beg of you to fight the queen!â€

“Sorry sir.†The lady said as she shook her head. She had disappointment in her voice. “I think you’re just wasting my time. Call on the elites when there is an actual monster that is to be killed. Good day.â€

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arekkusu heard some angry footsteps as he looked at the man, who seemed to be a bit depressed with the results. When Arekkusu no longer heard the footsteps, he approached the saddened man. The man put his head up to look at Arekkusu, then he hung his head down.

"I'll help you." Arekkusu said. "Tell me what you need. I'll fetch it for you. I can fight for my own, so don't you dare lecture me about how you'll feel bad if I die or whatever. I have my intentions to fight enemies to innocents."

The man looked up at Arekkusu once again, then just stared at him for a few seconds. Is the man even alive? Arekkusu thought. Finally the man grinned. Arekkusu took that as a yes.

"T-T-Thank you young man." The man told Arekkusu. He put out his hand, offering Arekkusu a chance to shake it. Arekkusu gripped the mans hands with his fingerless gloves. The two had a temporary bond while the quest was still up. "My name is Vicsi. I am a treasure hunter, and as you see, I am in great need of assistance. There is a Queen around the forest of Nepents, I'm not sure where exactly though. There is a giant bee that carries many rare items. I need to at least one to further advance on my research. If you can bring me at least some loot from her, that would really help me a lot."

Arekkusu hated bees, the small ones make him jump from time to time... so for him to fight a giant one made him feel sick already. Of all things, why did the monster have to be a bee? Regardless of this, Arekkusu nodded his head towards the man without a word. He wanted something to do, this is it right here. Besides, the man only needed the loot for research, Arekkusu was allowed to keep it.

The forest of Nepents. Arekkusu thought as he walked out of the town, entering the fields and exiting the safe zone. He drew his blade out and he kept his stance tall, ready for any attacks from level 2 two enemies. Yuji and I went there to complete a different quest, that's how I got the Anneal Blade. I still owe him for that... then again the sword flying from his shop wasn't too sporting. So I guess we're even for now. Anyways, the rare Nepent wasn't too hard to beat, so why should I worry about a boss that is in a somewhat relative floor. The nepents are pretty annoying though...

Arekkusu then felt it, the presence of something else around him. It knew Arekkusu was there, Arekkusu could say the same thing about it. He lifted his blade defensively, wondering where the enemy was. The sense grew stronger, there wasn't just one at all, but there were many of them around. The blade glowed threateningly with the sunlight, the enemies weren't attacking. Were they enemies? Arekkusu then stepped to the side when he heard one bounce from the ground. He dodged a squirrel attacking him from behind, then the ambush began. Arekkusu used his acrobatics and speed to keep dodging the squirrels, but they were getting a lot more annoying by the second.

ID: 4235  BD: 2   Mb: 4

Arekkusu: 40/40

Squirrel 1: 4/4

Squirrel 2: 4/4

Squirrel 3: 4/4

"Lets dance." Arekkusu said. He knew his chances of 1-hit killing them were confirmed to a 100%. The squirrels were fast though,  so to hit them took a bit of work. Arekkusu needed to avoid close range with them so he can use the sword length to his advantage. However, they all jumped at him at once, never was he given the chance to run. All he could hope for was a counter attack that is successful, their number games seem to be working, but Arekkusu wasn't going to lose yet. But he had no plans... so Arekkusu took a major wound to the face from one of the squirrels. No blood, but a scratch that did burn.

Id: 4239  Bd:3  Mb:9

Arekkusu: 38/40

Arekkusu kept on dodging the attacks but slowly began to grow tired of trying to survive. He wasn't getting far at all, he didn't even land a hit yet. It wasn't like the squirrels were letting him, but they were level 2. In all honesty, Arekkusu had no real reason to be getting tired or even taking a hit for that matter. Yet there he was, and he sometimes acts a bit prideful, but this is all he could do? Arekkusu could only keep dodging, that was all he felt he could do. The squirrels kept on with their onslaught, Arekkusu kept on with his excessive stepsiding.

-ID: 4244   Bd:3  Mb: 3

Arekkusu then found it. The key to at least being able to hit them, Arekkusu knew he couldn't dodge them all like the way he thought he was... they all seemed to be bluffing... and sometimes they were attacking. That is a pretty smart tactic, wearing down the enemy and striking at him to make sure he doesn't suspect anything. Arekkusu analyzed their attack patterns, and there was one common thread among their attack. He noticed that each one aimed for his sides. This made Arekkusu wonder if they can dodge mid-air. It couldn't hurt to try. Arekkusu sliced upwards towards one of the squirrels, shooting it into the air. The squirrel then shattered into many pieces, the epic pieces shattered and Arekkusu didn't have to even move as much. The advantage was for Arekkusu.

Id:4245  Bd: 6  Mb: 1

Arekkusu: 38/40 (1+1+1+3)

Squirrel 1: DEAD

Now Arekkusu was in the drivers seat. The squirrels were mad, but not enough to avenge its fallen brother. He was too fast for two squirrels even while he was a little tired. The numbers made a huge difference. These two squirrels weren't going to last anymore, not while Arekkusu was in this much control. Arekkusu jumped back away from the two, who attempted to follow him. He then was ready to strike at them in defense. He didn't even care anymore, Arekkusu loosely swung his blade to the side, knocking one of the squirrels away from him.

Id: 4249  Bd: 6  Mb:5   Loot: 3

Squirrel 2: DEAD

Arekkusu ran across the field towards the Nepent forest. He was leading the squirrel on and out of familiar territory. Why? Well Arekkusu didn't know either, but at least he was getting to his location. The squirrel then starting to make annoying yelling noises, and it started getting on his nerves. He hated animal noises slowing him down, which is why his familiy made sure not to going on nature trails... last time that happened, he almost set the whole forest on fire. He really was a bad Pre-teen. Arekkusu turned around and saw the squirrel a good distance away, much father than Arekkusu would expect since the noise was loud. But he had been wronged, the noise grew way louder as the squirrel came. Arekkusu held his blade sideways, when the squirrel leapt at him, he sliced it from the neck, instantly shattering the data pieces in Arekkusus face.

ID: 4251   Bd: 7  Mb: 2   Loot: 20 (Gained 20 Col and 1 Mat)

Squirrel 2: DEAD

Squirrel 3: DEAD

Arekkusu was then left alone with his unsheathed blade. The forest of Nepents wasn’t too far away, but he only remembered the fact that it wasn’t in the forest, but somewhere around it. Nepents play with traps, never willing to confront players from the front. They were annoying the first time Arekkusu and Yuji fought them, they can be annoying once again. The rare Nepent wasn’t too hard to defeat though, so that’s a good thing… for those who don’t experience all six ambushes at the same time like his party did. That was a close call for them both. In the end though, neither of their efforts went in vain and they both ended up finishing the quest.

Or maybe this was a different kind of Nepent forest. Arekkusu thought to himself. In video games, can’t you multiply anything and put them on different areas? It would only make sense, after all, those Nepents are still a pain to deal with and I’ve grown since then. Or at least I leveled up, but I still am just a kid. So how about the Queen? Lets see… she’s a bee. A Queen bee can lay many eggs and all the other bees can protect their mother. So if this were anything like the actual world… the bees would protect their queen again the player. And that means… I’ll be fighting more than just one bee… I hate this game.

Arekkusu was then standing in front of the forest itself. But he didn't dare enter it, the annoying trap-setting Nepents were there. And if he fights them, there is no actual reward for doing so. So what real reason did he have to fight them? He had none, so instead of entering the forest, he walked around it with hopes of not triggering a trap. The forest was large, so this task took quiet a while for him to achieve. It took forever to make it to the end of the side, but he finally reached it with legs that are fatigue. Arekkusu decided to sit down on the grass for a little bit and eat one apple from his inventory. It was his favorite snack to bring with him.

-Lost 1 Apple-

After three sweet bites, Arekkusu felt his senses trigger, an enemy is on it's own, one dangerous for the second floor. It had a stronger energy signal, it had no problem with being seen. It was that strong huh... could it be the queen herself? No... Arekkusu would hear buzzing of swarms if it were her. So then what could possibly be in this area that Arekkusu had to deal with? Arekkusu then heard metal clinging before a giant wind struck. Arekkusu turned his back to see that an enemy is heading for him fast. It was ready and had a shield with it's own sharp teeth. Arekkusu held his blade up and was ready to strike at it. The enemy was fast for a floor two monster, and it's armor looked real heavy. He then got in close enough range for him to strike. His blade met with the shield, knocking Arekkusu back a little. Above the shield was a tag... "Immortal Object." How was Arekkusu supposed to fight with something immortal!? Or... was it just the shield. The red metallic monster attempted to slice with its sword, but Arekkusu dodged to the left by stepsiding. He then struck at the back of the enemy, which didn't seem to please it at all. It roaring angrily at Arekkusus counter and charged at him. Arekkusu stood there, ready to defend himself from the next attack.

ID:4340  BD:7 (1+1+1+3= 6 DMG)  Mb:2

Metal Eliminator Level 2: 14/20

This beast is fast! I don't think anyone as a level 2 player could beat this! Arekkusu thought with panic. Was this some kind of new enemy? It was one designed to kill players, no loot intentions, no regular mobs, just one enemy designed to kill many players who are already at disadvantage. This was a cruel tactic, but it wasn't too often an enemy it seems. Those who are unfortunate to walk by it however need to be a level so much higher than the floor they were on. This wasn't good for those of level 2. Arekkusu needed to further advance on his research. All he knew was that the enemy has a shield that wasn't designed to be damaged. It actually is a weapon as well alongside the sword it wields. It takes average damage though, so that made things easier on Arekkusu. Arekkusu readied himself to defend, seeing how far that will get him. The beast swung its sword at Arekkusu, but Arekkusu blocked the attack. Arekkusu however saw his health bar lowering... why!? The blades sparked more and more, the beast glowing green, was he stealing Arekkusus health?

-Health Stolen, 3-

Arekkusu didn't approve of that result and let go of the tug of war. The enemies sword has the ability to steal health from its opponents without even hitting them, but just simply it having contact with its targets items. Arekkusu ran quickly at the beast, who swung his shield up in self-defense, but it needs a lot more defense than that if it wanted to get somewhere with Arekkusu. Arekkusu jumped onto the shield, making sure to avoid the teeth, then he flipped behind the beast, spinning his blade through it. The beast roared once again while air-bourn, but Arekkusu silenced it by jumping up and kicking it to the side, causing it to roll back.

ID:4346  Bd: 9 (1+1+1+3+1=7 DMG)  Mb: 9 (5 Base Dmg+ 1-2 DMG mit= 4 DMG)

Arekkusu: 31/40

Metal Play Eliminator Level 2: 10/20

The beast then actually stopped and laid on the ground. It was... dead? No, it was just knocked out, not shattered into cute little pieces. It was just laying there... was this one of those jumpscare moments. It didn't seem to be though, the body of it was shaking actually. Soon, he heard a voice from it.

"Now player..." The beast said in a deep and scratchy voice. It didn't sound to happy with it's conditions, Arekkusu needed to be ready. There were dark flames rising from it's body. Arekkusus vision became green, on the screen was a data bar that said scanning. When it finished scanning, the beast looked human-like. It seemed to resemble Arekkusu... another Gemini? No... it looked way stronger than any Gemini Arekkusu could imagine. It looked angry for this result, but Arekkusu wasn't fearful, but rather curious. "We will play... for KEEPS!"

The enemy then sliced at Arekkusus body with intense speed. Arekkusu gripped onto the area where he had been struck... it hurt a lot more than he could imagine. What was this thing!? Arekkusu took the chance though and ran at the enemy, who seemed ready to block. Arekkusu struck at it, but quickly rolled to the side to avoid a counter attack. The enemy wasn't even knocked back... it seems to have changed...

ID:4354 Bd:6  Mb:6 (Base: 8 DMG-2 DMG= 6 DMG)

Arekkusu: 25/40

Metal Player Eliminator Level 2: 4/20

"I wonder... if you are willing to gamble all of your health points for your life!" The enemy said. The green screen then became red... the health bar lowered all the way to zero... but Arekkusu didn't feel dead yet. Was this seriously the power of this crazy beast!? Yet, Arekkusu didn't shatter yet, he didn't feel like he was dying. He still was able to move freely, and he only felt a bit dizzy. However, other than that, he was all right.

"Final hit is the death of one of us." The enemy said. "If you live, I will bring you to the hive. You're on the quest to get there, scanning does the trick... but I don't think you'll live to get there."

The hive? It seems the enemy knows where Arekkusu was headed... or what he thought he was headed towards. All he knew was that the area was around the Nepent forest. So he was probably close anyways, he didn't have to accept the challenge. However, he wasn't given the choice, he had to land the final hit here... or if it is right, take the final hit here. He shook nervously, this gamble was for his life.

The enemy ran at Arekkusu fast, trying to use a Charge skill, which was what Arekkusu was designed to use. Arekkusu danced his blade with the enemy's blade. The two swung until finally, Arekkusu landed the hit needed. The enemy instantly shattered into many pieces quickly. The redness became clear again, not some bloody scene. Arekkusu earned his right to live. He then felt the world blur around him... what was going on to him?

The blur then cleared out, but Arekkusu was in a completely different area. He looked around, Hexagon shapes all over the place, all of it with a dark shade of yellow. There was a lighter bit of yellow liquid coming from the walls. Arekkusu looked above, there was a timer on the top of the area. The numbers looked devastatingly read, spiky the edges of the numbers were.

Swarm Timer... 13:32, 1, 0... Arekkusu thought. The swarm? A swarm of what? Arekkusu then realized that he was in a small yellow bowl... a hive. It was a bee hive. The lack in bees though... that is what the timer means. That timer is a warning to players... then if it hits zero, how many bees would enter the hive. More than Arekkusu wanted, that's for sure.

Arekkusu ran quickly through the hive, many sticky honey hallways. He was losing time faster everytime he took a step. He needed to find that queen soon, or else he might end up caught in the giant swarm of dangerous bees. More than Arekkusu can handle, and they all can attack him at once. He looked through the hallways, but couldn't find some sort of boss door. Was there something Arekkusu was missing? There was... there had to be. He could've sworn that he searched every area of the hive. The timer was at five minutes, he could die in those five minutes if he doesn't figure a way into the Queens layer. Arekkusu heard a faint sound of buzzing from above, the swarm was heading their way into the hive... Arekkusu needed to think fast. He then saw the answer, the ground below. It was all covered in honey, but when Arekkusu looked closer, there was actually a dustshoot right on the ground. It bared the symbol of a boss. That was his only way in it seems.

The timer was at thirty second, the buzzing growing insanely loud. Arekkusu had no choice but to open the dustshoot and jump through it. Arekkusu slid down the chute pretty fast considering the fact that there was a lot of honey below. The buzzing then was heard where Arekkusu was at, he knew  the timer went off. Provided he stayed where he was at, he would've been dead for the bees.

Arekkusu landed on his feet, crouching to avoid them from breaking. Then he slowly stood up, only to see his target right in front of him. It was truely a queen, but not a bee... or possibly it isn't his target. However, her tag most certainly said that she was the enemy. She was a blonde woman with no weapon at all. This was probably an easy victory. Then again, she is a quest boss.

"Hello there." The young lady said to Arekkusu. "I am guessing you are here for a fight."

The lady seemed to know a bit more than any boss he had seen. For one thing, she can talk to players and actually interact with them verbally. She even guessed his reason for being there correctly.

"That is right..." Arekkusu started. "Lets just say you have a bounty, sorry, but I follow these things. It's nothing personal really, but I am going to have to fight you."

The lady crossed her arms with a grin on her face. But she didn't look like she wanted to comply. "Then we are going to have to fight, I won't be dying." The lady said as some energy started glowing above her with yellow all over it. "But since you talk with respect, I'll make sure your death is quick and as harmless as possible."

The energy started to take its form. It molded slowly, kind of like Playdoh. Arekkusu had to stop that thing from forming, whatever it was.