[PP-F2] Duck Soup (Celesmeh & Destiny) [Complete]

Destiny strolled in the town square; grinning like a fool.  Not because of someone, but more like something.  She was in love.  In love with her new sword.  Not only did it make her happier beyond belief that she had acquired her first piece of equipment on her own; but she defeated her first enemy alone.  Even though her sword was sheathed her her side Destiny kept her hand on it.  It was like she and her sword were connected in some way.  Content beyond disbelief, she strolled in the town square.  "This morning has been amazing... Simply amazing." Destiny thought to herself as she walked, passed by the people in the square.  "There are so many people here, but at the same time I feel like I am alone in my little world of happiness." She thought still smiling as she walked. 

Celes smiled into her tea. she had finally found a shop that sold it, peach apricot with hibiscus. There was noting better. She pulled out the tea and added honey. that was the best part. It was the tea she drank at home, the tea she loved. Now she could have it here. She sat in the square, watching people walk by, she notices a happy young woman who... well almost reminded her of herself. She wondered what was making her smile that way....

Destiny wanted to flock.  She wanted to skip around the town square screaming at the top of her lungs.  But she didn't  It would be a bit too much of her that she would be sharing with others, and probably a bit weird to do that here.  Maybe if she was out in the forest.  Destiny looked over her shoulder to see a young woman who was enjoying her tea.  It reminded her of herself at home.  "Minty tea..." She thought.  Destiny thought of the calmness that the mint brought to her senses and how it soothed her stressors and worries.  Destiny walked over to the young woman and leaned over to say, "Enjoying your tea? The aroma smells quite nice."  she said with a smile.  

Celes smiled "Yesss, God i love tea. And theres so many lovely flavours" She looked at the smiling girl before her "I'm Celes, and you are?"she said extending her hand.  She wondered what brought this chipper girl to her. Not everyone liked tea, and most people didnt care in these places. But somehow she noticed. Celes liked that. 

Destiny took Celes hand and shook it.  "My name is Destiny. Mind if I sit?"  Destiny sat next to Celes before she had a chance to answer.  "Oh I hear you.  Tea is soo... Its hard to explain but its so nice and calming." she said smiling.  Destiny looked up at the blue sky as she said,  " So what is your favorite kind of tea?  The tea you're drinking smells kind of.. peachy.  But I can smell some undertones."  Destiny laughed at herself slightly.  She was still grinning.  "Did my first solo quest today.  I am rather happy about the turn out." Destiny said smiling as she turned to face Celes. 

Celes couldnt help herself. the girl was ADORABLE (flaw activates, smitten for cute) she smiled widely and patted the girl. "First solo eh? thats awesome!" she looked down at her tea "this is actually my favorite blend, took me forever to find a shop that might even have something similar. Its peach, apricot and hibiscus, THE BEST tea, is i do say so myself" she added with a wink. She looked at the young woman nd asked "Soooo, what was your first solo like?"

"Ah." she said.  "A shop that sells tea here." Destiny turned around to look at the shop.  "Hmm. I'll have to check it out sometime." she said. Destiny cringed as she thought about what happened in her first solo quest. She thought about it for a second, her being beaten up and nearly red barring.  She bit her lip as the memories started to flow back to her.  "Sol...Crozpeh..Sousuke" she thought for a second before being snapped back to reality. "Umm.. It was.. It was hard.." she said softly.  "But nevertheless, I did succeed." she said with a half hearted smile.  The thoughts of those she would be leaving behind started to grow in her.  "Have you ever almost died before?"  she asked Celes in a sincere tone. 

"When I was level two, i went on a solo quest. No equipment,  nothing btu a few skills. I went to the forest, trying to fight some, uhh... Nepents?  just a quest. I fought a wolf, it didnt seem like anything too tough except.. I had six HP, he had five. , he got me down to two before I could even hit him. I wont, but i lost somethign that day. I ended up running to the shops before continuing the quests. getting equipment first. I needed it..." She said with a sigh "but i kept going. Things get hard, but you keep going. Did you almost die?"

Destiny pushed her lips to the corner of her mouth.  She related with Celes.  Not only had Destiny almost died before; but plenty of other times, and she was with someone too!  "I didn't almost almost die this round. But it took a while for be to actually win the battle.. and I was down to less than half health until I killed it.. It was just a boar too."  She smiled at Celes as she chuckled at herself under her breath.  "I mean.. It was just a stupid little boar that was not that strong. Only 8 HP!"  she exclaimed and then bursted into laughter.  After Destiny came down from her little high, she wiped a happy tear from her eye.  "The times that I did almost die though, someone was there to help me though.  I have only run away once; and that was because someone made me."  she said 

Celes smiled "its important to have friends, being able to solo is important, btu not as important as having people that can help you" She smiled and leaned back "I'm strong now, finally, but it took so long.. if you want, want a mentor? I could help you out!" she said smiling. She thought about unyeilding, how much she missed her friend... how she had just disappeared... "I dont have any family or anything, so... i guess i could help, you know?" 

Destiny slightly smiled at her statement.  "Having friends.." she thought.  Flashes of the faces of her friends and family came before her.  She smiled.  Destiny truly cared about her friends and family, they were really the only people that she trusted and that trust started with a little seed, Sol.  He was the first friend that she made here; and now it seemed as though she had a circle of people that she could depend on.  Destiny cringed at the other thoughts that filled her mind; they were sad, grief stricken thoughts.  "Being strong..." she said softy to herself.  "Heh, that is something I could be in the real world.. But not here.. I've tried." Destiny paused, "But maybe with your help I can get there." she smiled at Celes.  "So yes, I will take you up on your offer to become your mentee." 

Celes smiled "i'll send you a party invite" She said as she pulled down her HUD and sent the invite "So Why dont you tell me bout yourself? Here come with me. I'll show you my shop while we talk" She got up, her golden Glaive shimmering in teh sun "We will get you nice and strong, tell me, what do you want, out of this game?" She asked in a serious tone...

"Thanks." she said .  Destiny accepted the party invite, and proceeded to follow Celes. "Umm... Well I guess there is not too much to tell... We are all stuck in this game..and I just want to just get home. But..." Destiny hesitated.  "I just won't want people to die...Especially the ones that I care about....I mean I'd like to say that I wish that everyone would be able to survive.  But that wouldn't be practical."  she said.  Destiny then realized that following Celes blindly.  "Wait.. You have a shop?!" she said in an excited tone.  "NOO WAY?!" she exclaimed. 

Celes chuckled at her amazement "Yup, I'm an alchemist. Im the one you call before a boss fight, I get you fitted with potions and stuff to help people out. Estra health, extra damage, whatever you like" She said with a wink. "Ok... so you wnat to be strong you need skill point right?  how many you got so far chica?" Sh asked, using the sapnish slang for girl. 

"Oh no way. "  Destiny said.  She was a bit envious.  Destiny had yet to find her profession and still wasn't sure about the topic. She first wanted to be a performer, but after thinking about it for sometime she wasn't sure about the idea. 

Destiny giggled,  "Yo teno diez.  Or in other word I have ten. Do you speak Spanish?"  she asked.  "Also, do those potions do anything and everything?" she added. 

"Ok so con diez... Yeah i speak spanish, i'm from a spanish speaking country, originally... What have you put your SP into?" She asked as they walked. upon hearing her question she chuckled "I wish, theres ony so much they can do, but sometimes theyre the difference between living or dying." She added seriously. 

They continued to walk and got to her shop. the walls were lined with potions, and different shelving units held various concoctions and there was comfortable seating and a warm light coming from her alchemy lab "Ah, home 'sweet' home" she said sarcastically.

"Umm.. I am rank 1, swordswoman; rank 1 battle healing and I have also put points into sprint and acrobatics."  she said she she thought through her skills.  Before she knew it she was there; in Celes store.  Destiny looked around in awe at all the potions and items that were there.  It must have taken ages for her to make all these items.  Destiny peered at a potion and looked at her reflection which was distorted and she giggled.  "OH!" she said surprised by her sudden thought,  "You speak Spanish?  That is so awesome.  I do too!"  she said in agreement.  "Your store is wonderful, Celes." she said. 

"Alright sweetie, heres what you, you need to..." She railed off thinking "nececitas mejor equipo, your equipment will give you the boost you need until you can up your damage and defense yourself. Youll need Col for that, do you have Col? also have you decided on a job yet? Smithing and tailoring are probably the most useful, alchemy can be fun. Performers are under appreciated... cooks too... hrmmmmm..." She trailed off thinking. She was excited, no one else had spoken spanish to her in months, she was happy to be able to help this lovely girl....

"Ohhhh." Destiny said to herself.  "Yeah... Yo tengo dinero.. pero... yo no tengo mucho."  she laughed at herself.  "Y yo no se que profesion yo queiro."  Destiny opened up her HUD and looked at her inventory.  "Hmm.. I have 1266 Col... But I don't think that will get much for good items.. I mean in most games great items are hard to come by and generally cost a lot more if you're having someone make it for you."  she said.  Destiny was still wondering around Celes' store looking at all the different potions and their magnificent colors. 

Celes frowned a moment, then pulled down her HUD and sent a trade for 2000 col(10246 left) "This should help you get a couple of perfect items, offer 700 col at fisrt, then up it to 100 if theyre silly. Get damage mit, get evasion... he damage and or paralyze on your weapon, depending on how you want to fight." She sat down in her shop "And of course if you want an item from my shop id be happy to help" she smiled. This was what she had been doing, helping the newer players get out there... Zahra, Epyon... they were so strong now...