Locked Doors (Lessa) [PP-F8] [Complete]

Zelrius shook his head. He had unequipped his sword, But not in the traditional fashion, Instead he had thrown it in the ground infront of her and backed up. Zelrius raised his hands above his head, Showing he meant no harm and maintained his distance. Now barely visible in the faint light of his twinfire sword, Zelrius allowed a tear to roll down his cheek. She clearly didn't believe he was done. And to Zelrius, That hurt him. That hurt him more then her sword could. The boy had no idea how bad it pained someone to be mistrusted or no longer trusted at all, But now he had learned. Zelrius stood away, only staring at her blankly, waiting for Lessa to make a move.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His face was illuminated by the light of the fallen sword. Lessa studied him through the darkness, as cold and silent as the stone that surrounded them. It was not until she noticed the single tear, glimmering softly as it raced down his cheek, that she began to change. Some of the fight left her at that moment, though she would not reveal it. If this is a trick, he's a damn good actor, a voice in the back of her mind whispered. Pale lips tightened into a thin line as she continued to watch him. His display of emotion tore at her; even the suffering of the infamous Blood Buccaneer had an impact on the bleeding heart. The blonde emitted a long, shaking breath. He's beating the hell out of you, the voice insisted once more. If he meant to kill you, he would just do it without all the theatrics.

"I'm sure you can understand why this whole situation strikes me as odd," she began slowly, willing her voice to remain steady. She spoke slowly, exercising extreme restraint as she raced to understand the situation. Finally, the Wild Rose let the tip of her heavy claymore rest on the ground. The pink light shifted, throwing eerie shadows across her face. They seemed to accentuate the pain in her expression. "I've-" her soft voice trailed, carried off by the cold breeze that danced around them. She tried again. "I've trusted a lot of people, Zelrius. Nothing good has come of it." Then, her voice grew dark, and she muttered, "of course, I never learn, do I?"

Finally, Lessa let her body relax slightly. Though she was still armed, she was no longer in a position to attack him. "Look, I don't know what is going on with you," came the words she had rehearsed a million times before, "but if you want to talk, you can talk to me."

Zelrius sniffled, Then wiped the tear away. He didn't know where to start. If she honestly wanted, The girl could pick up the Twinfire sword and Kill Zelrius. At this point the boy was unarmed and was completely vulnerable to attack. The blonde boy quickly became nervous, no one else in all of SAO would've given him a chance like this, So he began to talking faster then usual "I am sorry, I know this doesn't make it right, I don't want to not be a Player Killer, But I am afraid that This will end up just like It is in the real world. The ridicule and name calling, The shunning and having to turn else where. I do not want to become a hermit, Lessa."

His words were soft and filled with raw emotion, barely audible over the storm outside. The young woman watched him in silence, his suffering becoming her own. Why she allowed herself to feel so deeply, and burden herself with the problems of everyone else, she could not say. So many times before, she had been told this sort of behavior would be her downfall. The warning had fallen on deaf ears, of course, as Lessa had continued to allow herself to feel the hurt of others. Though her doubt never fully left her, and she did not forget the way he had so brutally attacked her, she allowed herself to slip into his shoes. What was it that he was feeling? Why did he feel that way? What can I do to make him feel better? It was with that mindset that she finally spoke to him.

"Zelrius," the Wild Rose breathed. A clap of thunder echoed above them, but this time, she did not flinch. "You don't have to be. This game," she motioned to their surroundings with her free hand, "is our chance to change. It is our chance to be someone else. Isn't that why we put on the nerve gear in the first place? So we could escape?" Her voice was soft and gentle, but enough of her own emotion spilled through to make it shake. "Its a blessing and a curse, really. We're trapped here, but we can be whoever we want to be until we get out." 

"I can't speak to your being a player killer," she continued, frowning in the darkness. "It seems just about everyone I know has dabbled in it though." A sigh, and then, "but I suppose everyone has their reasons. I guess I don't know what else to say on that matter."

• 2 weeks later...

Zelrius didn't feel the need to defend himself. His reasons were not at all Justifiable by any means. Just as he had thought, That subject wasn't really one to dwell on. Though it seemed Zelrius had a piece to say "As you can clearly tell, None of my Kills were in self Defense. NONE. Not even the first. I did it all for fun, or to Prove I was better. And every time I've won. Every time, even just now, I've proven I was better than my opponent. You're right, In the sense that the reason most if not all of us put on the Nervegear. I did escape. I am now Zelrius, Top Level Frontliner, Player Killer, Wielder of the TwinFire Sword. I do want to change, But I cannot. I am too far gone, To change now would mean to lose. That would mean that I am no longer worthy of the steel that ignites to flames, The sword that symbolizes strength to me, To lose that would mean I am weak, and the sword is better." With that being said he looked back to the flaming blade. Now the boy wanted to wield it in his hand more then ever. He pointed to it "Speaking of it, May I pick it back up?"

"You say that you wish to change," she countered, her once-soft voice growing hard once more, "yet you seem to show no remorse." Her eyes had finally adjusted to the darkness, and with the help of the light cast by his sword, she glared at him. "I don't understand you, Zelrius. Even now, I know that you'd freeze me with that potion of yours, or call up another sword to run me through in a heartbeat. I can tell it from your tone, and from the way you can't admit that you've become something terrible." The woman frowned. Perhaps she had been too forward. But, at the same time, perhaps it was high time someone told Zelrius the truth. In many ways, he was like one of her students; perhaps he had never been told that what he was doing was wrong, and by not speaking up, she was doing more harm than good.

"Look," she began again. "I want to help you. I want to trust you. But you're a loose cannon, and you have to understand how this is putting my life at risk." Motioning to his sword, Lessa said, "I do appreciate the sentiment, but I know how easily you could equip another sword. I know how easy it would be to squash a low-level player like me. And as of right now, I'm not so sure that you won't. So I'm going to kindly ask that your refrain from picking up your sword a moment longer."

Zelrius nodded and withdrew back. Then an idea popped into his head, Zelrius went through his inventory quickly, Pulling out the Paralysis potion and a Teleport Crystal. This had to work, Otherwise, Everything was done for the boy and Lessa. Zelrius threw the potion at Lessa, Then ran quickly towards his sword, Gripped it and Teleported off as fast as he could to Phoenix City, There was no way in hell he was dealing with any of that anymore. He was far too embarrassed and furthermore, He hadn't killed her, and If she didn't get the Hint, Then Maybe Zelrius should have done the job. 

(the Paralyze hits, ID 7720 BD 7)

ZELRIUS EXIT

It happened before she knew what was going on. The potion washed over her, liquid splattering, a sharp scent similar to rubbing alcohol violating her senses before the potion took its toll.

When the effects finally wore off, and Lessa's limp body collapsed to the cold, dirty floor, she drew in a deep, panicked breath. Never before had she been paralyzed, and it had not been a pleasant experience. A deep grumbling echoed from deep within the darkness, signifying that the mobs within the cave had respawned.

Hurriedly, the blonde crawled to her feet, and fled back into the jungle. By that time, the storm had ceased its attack, and the first rays of light were filtering through the retreating storm clouds.