How do you make your roleplay better?

1. Say your talking to another player. What does your player doing as he talking? Is he fiddling with his thums, are his/her hands behind his back?

2. Relate posts to his IRL life. If your feeling something in game, and it is comparable to do with something in IRL, tell something of that.

3. Show your inner thought. What is the player thinking about? Is he lost about Sword Art Online, is he excited about some kind of loot or treasure, or is he scared of dying?

4. Be the player. When your roleplaying for the character, and the character is comparable to you(or even not) think about what you would be doing in the situation. Then consider what to change for your player doing this!

Just 4 random things to make it longer! I will edit and add more later! Once I figure out how I do it!

But I have one question on this. I like making long posts for the other person, but I'm not good at long posts in combat. Can someone with experience he'lp me?