[PP-F1] A Warrior's Journey (Raeyliff and Destiny) [Complete]

Raeyliff was walking around the town, looking with both a mixture of awe and wonder in his eyes as he tried to take everything in. He saw people buying and selling equipment, people teaming up, and people heading out of town to fight some monsters. He looked at his own equipment and nodded. Enough for now, I guess. He walked around a bit more, trying to shake off the idea that he was locked in here, and that death in this game meant...no, I must not let that stop me from fighting. Fighting will make me stronger and better prepared for challenges ahead. I must make use of this time. But how? He didn't have a friend that could help him, so he was on his own. Sighing, he kept walking, hoping that maybe he'll be able to meet up with someone who can help him out, or team up with him, possibly.

Destiny sat at the brim of the fountain.  She relaxed as she drank her mint tea.  Destiny looked around at all the people in the town square and took in a deep breath and sighed.  “Ehh…† she thought.  Not only has this world started to feel more like a reality to her, but being trapped here was like a life sentence of worry and grief.  There were moments of happiness, however, they were few.  Most of the time people spent their time grieving or fighting.  Destiny looked into her cup of tea.  “None of this is real….But why do I feel as though this is all too real….†She thought. 

Bored, tired, and having given up on making a friend, Raeyliff walked back to Town Square and tried to find a place to sit. He looked with his tired eyes for a place to sit, when suddenly he found a girl sitting on the brim of a fountain. His eyes lit up. Maybe he was going to be successful in making a friend after all. He made his way to where she was sitting and looked at her, a bit worried that he might be breaking her train of thought in some way. Looking at her, he smiled and asked "Uh..hi! My name is Raeyliff. Mind if I sit down next to you?". 

“Go for it.†She said as she moved her hand to an open spot next to her.  Destiny didn’t take a look at Raeyliff, she was distracted by her thoughts and her swirls that were in her cup of tea.  “Have you accommodated to this world thus far?†she asked Raeyliff.   There were still some things that were unsettled in her mind that she couldn’t break away from just yet. 

He smiled as he sat down. "Thanks." he said, as he equipped a water bottle from his inventory and drank a little. He wasn't extremely thirsty, but he wanted to see if the water tasted the same as it did in real life. He took a sip and his eyes widened, but just a little, at how realistic it seemed. Amazing...to be able to do things like that...technology seemed to have really outdid itself this time, in his opinion. He closed the water bottle after taking a few more sips and put it beside him. After she asked her question, he laughed. "Nah, not necessarily, no. I've been walking around town for a while, trying to see if I can make any friends. However, today was not my day." He sighed. He didn't want to bring up that he never went out and tried to fight after the speech made by that thing, whatever it was. To kill us in real life if we die here...is it truly possible? To put someone's entire life on a health bar of a game like that...

“Alright.. Well.  This world is a ficticous reality.  I know that contradicts itself.  However, pretty darn true.† She stated.  Destiny took a sip of her tea, and it disappeared, since she was done with it.  â€œRule one.  Don’t die.  Rule two, try not to kill your other players.  Being a player killer is not only frowned upon, but if you’re not strong enough.. Well you’ll die.† She said as she looked up at the sky and then over at Raeyliff.  “Unless if you’re looking for a death wish.†She said sternly as she looked him in the eye.  “Have you fought anything yet?†she said as she broke away from her rather short gaze

"That would be using an oxymoron. I can understand your point of view on the subject, but I'm guessing that this will be our reality for quite a while. So I guess it's better to get used to it from now." He shrugged,smiling. He looked at her and kept eye contact the entire time, losing the smile right away. He didn't want to look like a fool. Such serious eyes...but she is right. To die and to kill a player I have no intention of doing. "You're right." he said, having nothing more to say. He didn't really know what to say. He had thoughts going on in his mind, sure. He thought about the speech, he thought about her words, and he thought about himself and his future in this game. When she asked about whether he had fought anything yet, an embarrassed smile made its way to his face. "Uh...no, no I didn't." he said, looking at her. I am now the fool that I didn't want to be. Good job, Raeyliff. 10/10 in socializing online. You must be quite the social fellow in real life as well. 

“Alright.† She said.  Destiny stood up and stretched for a couple moments.  “Well..†she said.  Destiny grabbed Raeyliff by his wrist and began pulling him towards the edge of town; outside the safe zone, in the pursuit of a boar for the two to fight.  “We are off to begin your first battle.  Hopefully you won’t die.† She said as she kept on looking forward; pulling Raeyliff along behind her.  “I mean, you have me, but still these things can be… Hard.†She said as she thought back about her first battle with something.  “Fingers crossed.†She said as she turned back to look at Raeyliff.  Destiny gave him a gentle smile and wink as she showed him her crossed fingers on her other hand. 

"Whoah!" Raeyliff said, smiling, as he was pulled from his wrist. He walked with her to the edge of the town and then they stopped right outside the safe-zone. As she told him that she was going to help him fight his first boar, he smiled, and started feeling fired up again. Ah, now here's the exciting part...wait a second, it's hard. For now, probably....hopefully. When she showed him her crossed fingers and winked, he grinned and crossed his own on the hand she wasn't holding, holding them up for her to see. "So I guess that means we're ready to go?"

“Yepp!†she said in a cheerful tone.  “The way it will work out is that I’ll go first.  I will most likely miss and then the boar shall attack me back.  Then its your turn.  Then mine and then the boars.  Does that make since?† she said as she kept her hold on Raeyliff’s wrist.  “We are almost there.†She said as she pointed to a hill top. “So you know your own abilities right?†she asked Raeyliff. 

He stared at her blankly for a few seconds and then he nodded quickly. "Yeah, yeah, I got it. Sure, let's go with your plan then. And yeah, I know my skills. I put my two skill points into Heavy Armor and Two Handed Battle-Axe, and that's about it until I get more skill points and level up." He wanted to equip his battle-axe, but he wasn't going to be able to hold it with only one hand. He looked at her, smiling. "Uh...you can let go of my hand now, if you want to." 

“Uhh….† Destiny said.  She hadn’t really realized that she was still holding Raeyliff’s wrist.  “Sorry.  I was busy searching.†She said.  Destiny saw a boar in the distance.  It was a bit stronger than what she wanted Raeyliff to go up against, however; if they wanted to get anything from it, it was worth it.

[4728 BD = 1 MD = 8; 9-1 =8]

“Alright†she said to herself.  Destiny pulled out her violet sword and then was began running towards the boar; ready to strike.  Then suddenly Destiny was on the ground.  She had tripped over her legs.  Epically failing.

[ Destiny misses]

The boar grunts as her and dashed into her, hitting Destiny.

[boar deals 1 damage]

[Destiny 16/17HP]
[Raelyiff 5/5 HP]

[boar 9/9 HP]

"Oh...that's gotta hurt.." he said. He was tempted to laugh but he didn't. Smiling, he equipped his Basic Two Handed Battle Axe, and balanced it between his two hands. "Okay, ready to go!" he said.

[4729 BD=2 MD= 3]

Raeyliff went in for the attack, but was too slow in swinging and lost grip, allowing the battle-axe to fall out of his hand. As he went to pick it up quickly, the boar charged at him but missed due to him moving just in time. 

[Raeyliff misses]

[boar misses]

[Destiny: 16/17 HP]

[Raeyliff: 5/5 HP]

[boar: 9/9 HP]

“Are you okay Raeyliff?†she yelled from a far. 

[4730 BD = 8 MD = 4]

Destiny gripped her sword and ran in for an attack.  She took a swing, and carried that swing through the boar until the end and left a large gash in the boars side.   â€œYEAH!†she cheered herself on.

[Destiny deals 3 damage HP]

[1+1+1 = 3]

The boar, dazed after the hit does not make its hit on its target. 

[Destiny: 16/17 HP]

[Raeyliff: 5/5 HP]

[boar: 6/9 HP]

"Yeah, I'm fine! It missed me!" he yelled back. He grabbed his battle-axe and turned round to see Destiny finally hit that boar. Now we're talking, he thought, smiling. He looked at Destiny and gave her a thumbs up and smiled after she hit the boar. Now it was his turn. He grabbed the battle-axe firmly this time and looked directly at the boar.

[4731 BD:8 MD:6]

"Here I come!" he said as he swung at the boar. It made contact, and yet another slash was made at the boar's side. Raeyliff smiled, but the boar suddenly got up and hit Raeyliff directly from the back. Shoot, let my guard down too fast. Raeyliff fell and rolled over, but he still was fine. He stood up and looked at Destiny, nodding, as if saying "your turn now, Destiny". 

[Raeyliff hits the boar with 1 damage HP]

[boar hits Raeyliff with 1 damage HP]

[Destiny: 16/17]

[Raeyliff: 4/5]

[boar: 5/9]

Destiny watched as Raeyliff was able to hit the boar but the boar striking back.  “It’s okay, you win some and then you lose some.†She said to Raeyliff.

[4733 BD =7 MD = 5; 6-1=5]

Destiny dashed forward and drove her blade into the boar and pulled it out swiftly before jumping back to dodge the boar’s counter attack.  “Ah-HA!†she yelled at the boar.  Taunting it.

[Destiny deals 3 damage to the boar.]

[boar misses]

[1+1 +1 =3]

[Raeyliff: 4/5]

[boar: 2/9]

He looked at Destiny and nodded, smiling. "Good job, now it's my turn again. Let's hope we kill it this time.". He smiled as he raised his battle-axe and looked at the boar's health bar, then at the boar. It's close to death. This is your chance. Take it! 

[4735 BD: 3 MD: 7]

Raeyliff charged, but was too slow on the swing. The boar got to him first, knocking him off his feet and down on the ground. "Aww man..." he said, laughing. He wasn't too worried about his health bar, he was still good to go. He wasn't going to die just yet. Are you thinking that because you're sure of it, or because you're putting your trust in Destiny to not let you die? ...putting your trust in destiny...  ...oh, that could be a pun. Putting your trust in Destiny. But she seems trustworthy enough. He looked at Destiny and said "Sorry, messed up there a bit." 

[Raeyliff misses]

[boar deals 1 HP damage to Raeyliff]

[Raeyliff: 3/5]

[boar: 2/9] 

“Don’t worry about it.† Destiny said to Raeyliff in a  reassuring tone.  Destiny smiled and gave Raeyliff a thumbs up.  “Alright, my turn; lets end this, eh?†she said as she started running.

[4745 BD = 6 MD =8; 9-1=8]

Destiny was sure to finish this boar off finally.  As she gripped her sword in her hand tightly, she took her swing at the boar.  Her sword pierced the boar’s nose and she proceeded to drag the sword through the boar’s body entirely until it was cut in half.  It only lasted a moment until the boar disappeared.

[Destiny deals 3 HP damage to the boar.]

[1+1+1 =3]

[Raeyliff: 3/5]

[boar: -1/9] <Dead>

"Alright!" she cheered.  "We both got 1 mat for that." 

His mouth was hanging open, but only a little, as Destiny slashed through the boar. Well, you're clumsy, so don't expect to be as good as her anyway. Smiling, he clapped after the boar disappeared only a second or two later on. He looked at her. "Ah, nice! What did you get?", he asked, walking over to her. 

“I got a single mat, and so did you.†She said smiling at him.  “Feel like taking a break?†she asked as she pointed near a tree.  “We can sit there and chat a bit about your first battle.† She said.  Destiny was already walking over to the tree by that time and looked back at Raeyliff to see if he was following.  “Well, you coming?  Or do you just feel like standing all day?†she asked as she laughed at him.