[PP-F1] A Warrior's Journey (Raeyliff and Destiny) [Complete]

He was thinking deeply about something when suddenly he blinked a few times and looked at Destiny. "Oh, sorry. I was just thinking about something." he said, smiling. He looked at her as he walked over to where she was. He pulled out his water bottle and finished it, and it instantly disappeared as he, instinctively, was looking for a trash can or somewhere to put it in. He looked back to his hand and noticed that it was gone. "Oh.", he said. Looking at her, he smiled and said "So..." 

“Well…†she said as she was leaning against the tree looking up at the sky.  A gentle breeze swept by and she could hear the rustles of the trees.  It was soothing and calming to her.  “What did you think of your first battle?† she asked as she continued to look at the sky.  Destiny combed her fingers through one of her pigtails.  “You think you could do it on your own?†she asked Raeyliff. 

He closed his eyes and sat down, facing her. As he heard her question, he opened his eyes and looked at her. If I tell her that I can't fight on my own just yet, I might become more of a burden to her than a friend. If I act strong and say that I am able to fight on my own without her help I might end up dead in both worlds, and following her rules...I'd rather not die just yet. "The fight? It was awesome! I loved it! I wish if I hadn't lost the chances that I had open to me. But hey, I couldn't do anything about them, so I'll do better next time. Other than that I enjoyed it. As for being able to fight on my own, I think I've got the hang of how to fight, but I need to make sure that my health bar takes a while before it reaches 0. Right now it's at 5, which is why I am worried about fighting on my own at the moment." he said, looking at her. 

“Hmm..†she said to herself as she looked over at him.  “You know you don’t need to lie..†she said as she stared at him.  “My first battle… I nearly died….. and I kept on nearly dying…For a really long time.† She said as she held her gaze on Raeyliff.  Destiny wanted to let him know how serious she was.  She did almost die plenty of times.  But she always had Sol to rely on; which she was more than grateful for.  â€œI was so freaked out for a while… Nearly dying had a done a lot to me emotionally.  I was phased out.†She said as she turned to look at the sky again.  Destiny laughed as she thought about what happened between Sol and her after she felt the cold harsh hand of death. “It is scary, but that is what friends are for.†She said as she smiled, still looking at the sky. 

He looked at her as she talked. So even she relied on a person in one moment in her life here...but still.... He smiled and stood up, stretching. "Ah well. That just means that it's going to get even more exciting from here on out...and dangerous as well. But I can't level up without taking that risk, so I will have to go through this at one point or another." he said, still looking at her. But it hurt her emotionally as well...who knows what can happen to you, Raeyliff? Are you sure you'll be able to go through it all the same person as now? "I don't want to feel like a burden. I mean, look at the difference of level between you and I. If I join you I'll only be in your way and nothing more than that. And I'm pretty sure you can understand that as well." 

Destiny gave Raeyliff a little jab in the arm.  “You’re not a burden.†She said with a smile.  “Just think of me as a mentor or something.  My young padawan.† She laughed at the end of her statement.  “Honestly, if you want we can go our separate ways from here.  It’s entirely up to you kiddo.† She said as she stood up and stretched her arms up.  They had been setting down for some time, and the tree wasn’t all that comfortable. 

He grinned and nodded, but froze when she said 'kiddo'. "Kiddo? I'm 16 years old!" he said, and laughed. "Nah, I kinda like fighting with you. It makes fighting fun. So I'll stay with you for a while, sensei." He said, smiling. He was sure that he'd have to leave her at one point or another, but in the meantime, he wanted to understand this world more from her. She'd be like his teacher, sort of. 

“Ahhh.. But you’re still younger than your sensei.†She said with a smile.   “Therefore that makes you….†She paused for dramatic effect.  “A kiddo!† Destiny poked Raeyliff in the shoulder.  “Hey, I am guessing  that you’re getting tired  and you probably want to go, ‘chill out or something’ “ She said as she did air quotes.  Destiny loved using air quotes because they were just flat out silly.  “I’m going to go now.†She said as she turned on her heel and started walking away from Raeyliff.  Destiny turned back and then said,  “Just stay out of trouble, okay?† Destiny smiled and walked away, disappearing in the distance. 

He opened his mouth in protest as she walked away, smiling, and then closed it again. A kiddo? Ah well. See you later, Destiny. He nodded walked back into the safe zone, maybe going to get himself some good items with the col he just got. Maybe he'll meet her again soon, who knows? Until then...I want to go and eat. I feel hungry. 

Quest Complete

Rewards:

200 Col each

1 SP each