PP – F2: Is this real or just a fantasy? (Celes)

*on phone will edit formatting when at home*

"I don't know what I am feeling Celes." Mari said with a exasperated sigh, she ran a hand through her hair. "You're right they seem out of place, fact is I'm a killer. I used to be so...mmmm..."

Mari's gaze hardened as she lowered her eyes. "I used to be so damn against it, I used to say I would rather die before killing someone." She looked at the plan of her hands, clenching her fists. "Now look at me. I am a killer, a murderer and there is no way of sugar coating that."

Her head snapped up and she almost seemed to immediately shake off her funk when Celes mentioned love- Mari's face reddened and she practically shouted the words into her dear friends face. "WHO said Anything about L-LOVE?" She stuttered, Mari looked aghast at her outburst Mari mumbled, quickly recovering her composure.

"You know, you're very dear to me Celes."

"So far i've only see you kill in instances when it was just... i never told you this but after meeting you i asked around, to see what had happened... and then with argumail, he wanted to hurt me and you stopped him. With Tom.... he wished for death. I havent seen you kill for fun, kill out of reckless habit at all..." when she saw mari's reaction to love she chuckled, but then she celled celes dear. Celes gave her a wry smile "You mean... you loooooove me??" she said in a mischevious voice. a hint of a smirk tugging at her mouth. 

Mari gave a small nod, Celes' actions were reasonable, Mari found it oddly polite that Celes didn't just assume anything and had just simply investigated matters. Her brows furrowed when Celes mentioned Argumail. Mari's tone darkened. "I'd kill him again too. Without hesitation. The way he looked at you. It was disgusting." Mari muttered, she sighed. "What would you do Celes - if you found I had somehow become reckless with killing?"

"You mean... you looooooveme??"

Mari gave Celes a blank look, "Well, yes but-"She realized what she had said so blatantly, so easily - to have something like that slip. "Well, I don't..I don't mean that..." Mari grumbled in a frustrated tone. "UGhhhhhhhhhhh, I'd rather just go back to not feeling anything." â€‹Mari said as she buried her face into her knees.

Celes laughed as she jumped over and glomped Mari giving her a big hug and snuggling up to her "Youuu looove meee~" she said in a sing song voice. 

"You want to huuug me

you want o kiiiiissss me 

you want to maaaary me" 

she continued to sing with a smile. Eventually she stopped and gave mari a small kiss on the cheek. "Youre cute. I'm glad you have someone you like, Mari." 

Mari had to brace herself from falling over as Mari practically jumped ontop of her, nuzzling Mari with her cheek as she sang;

"You want to huuug me

you want to kiiiiissss me 

you want to maaarry me" 

Mari went an even darker shade of red as she tried to pry Celes off of her. "Gah..w-what? No! I never said - C-Celes! What has gotten into you!?" The sudden outburst from Celes had embarrassed Mari, Mari knew she was just joking, and teasing but still - to have such words thrown at her in a sing-song manner? If anyone else had tried that, she'd have kicked them off hard and given them a very harsh slap to the face. Finally, the light hearted torment ended with a kiss on the cheek.

Mari grumbled as she rubbed the spot Celes had kissed her. "If you were anyone else you wouldn't be smiling like that. Jeezzz... I do...I do really like him but, who knows what will occur." Mari glanced away. "For all I know he's on the other side o' the country. People like you, like him - they have people waiting for them. Whose to say that I'd be easily forgotten when you all wake from this hellish nightmare?" 

• 2 weeks later...

"You... you think i'll forget you? that when this is over ill just leave?  are you stupid? Now mari i care for you morethan most, so i'll tall you this nicely, ok? thats some dumb censored censored. I wont be  censored forgetting you after all this censored censored . I love you, now you gotta deal with that and you bet your censored censored that ill be there when we  censored get out of this." 

She kept her face serious, she needed this to get across clearly" 

Mari flinched slightly as Celes started swearing, then - Mari couldn't help but laugh. It was so out of character for the other woman. Her face was stern and Mari knew she was trying to be serious, but the pink haired girl couldn't help but giggle. She wiped a stray tear from her eye as she sighed. "Oh Celes..." Mari wrapped her arms around the other girl in a warm embrace, nuzzling her face into the crook of her neck.

"Thank you." 

"you bet your censored thank you. Hmph, youre welcome!" She nuzzled mari and got close "You know youre my friend, and i will care about you for pretty much ever, so deal with it. Jesus" she said cuddling Mari. this was comfortable, and se liked that, the other woman was someone she was sure she would always care about  "so tell me more... about this alkor fellow...."

Mari gave a soft smile as Celes gave a humph, the girl managed to put Mari at ease and greatly lighten her mood. Mari wasn't sure of the last time she was this happy.

"ok, ok..." Mari said with a grin; "I'll deal with it."

Celes asked her more about Alkor and Mari muttered, feeling a little flustered; her words were no longer stuttered however her sentences were fragmented, as she tried to explain the man she had come to care about greatly.

"He has eyes that are the colour of a warm sunset..." She began with a smile. "He is awkward around people and has this unyielding stoic front- it's funny, when I first met him he threatened to kill me.. Because he thought I was going to attack a friend of his. "

"Threat can be really sexy I guess. But no honestly, this... This makes me happy, you have been through so much you.. You deserve happiness. The way you describe him, well, I know how that feels... Speaking of, can I ask you a question....?" She said slowly... Shyly, almost with a blush...

Mari covered her mouth as she gave a soft laugh. "Threats are sexy?" She asked between giggles, her tone amused. "Maybe, but this wasn't exactly that sort of thing." Mari gave Celes a playful elbow to the side of her own, giving the other girl a suggestive waggle of her eyebrows. "Am I learning something about your bedroom preferences there mmm?"  

Mari noticed that Celes seemed to take on a more serious tone. Her warm chocolate eyes averting Mari's gaze, she seemed to idly twiddle her fingers - she seemed to want to ask Mari a question. Celes had helped Mari so much, Mari had grown to be very close to Celes. She was one of, if not Mari's only real friend left within Aincrad. Especially with Life's departure. "Mmm? What is it?"

"do you think Maggie would be hurt, if I days someone here? I've been lovely and... El there's suonerie i think I lik- I mean I don't even know if they like girls or anything but I'm like, she's lovely and I'm... Well I feel so silly... And Maggie, well I know she is my other half, I'm... Sure. Si certain, but while I'm here in so lonely.... " story pagues her face, she didn't want to betray her love, but she had been in aincrad for half a year alone, she missed the rich if sunshine close to her....

It was a loaded question, one that no one could ever possibly give a correct answer to. Only Celes could answer that, what she was seeking was some sort of validation, that was fine. "So what you are asking," Mari began thoughtfully. "Is if I'd validate the reasoning behind your feelings for this other person. Despite being in a devoted relationship on the outside, I can't do that. Only you can Celes." 

Mari turned to her friend with a smile, reaching out to clasp her hand, giving it a comforting squeeze. "I don't know Maggie, I cannot say how she would react; but if she loves you as much as you clearly love her; then I can take a wild guess and say she would be understanding of that. If you want my support you have it."

Mari blinked, having seen a message from none other than Alkor. She gave a small smile, turning to Celes. "Speak of the amber eyed devil...."  Mari stood, dusting herself off. "I'm sorry, but I need to go now." She gave Celes' hands one final squeeze, to show her comfort and support before leaning in and kissing her on the cheek. 

"I'm just a message away. Take care alright?"

And with that, Mari had left Celes, hoping that one of her only friends within Aincrad would be alright.

COMPLETE
1 SP & 200 Col per participant