[PP-F1] A Little Pepper (Pepper)

((OOC: You may notice that this is the third "a little pepper" remake. This is because for the past two, I thought it was okay to have her as an NPC. I decided to make sure that she fits in with her new character, I'd start this up again.))

Oske was walking through Starting City, yawning and stretching before she began to swing her arms. She was taking a break from battling, and wanted to just hang out on the first floor. It was calm there, now that everyone was so busy on the other floors. After all, most players that had actually made progress in leveling were busy with fighting monsters that were challenging for them. 

However, Oske needed some time to think. She had recently left her fiance, Shark, to think about her boyfriend from the real world. Was he thinking about her? Was he waiting for her? She felt wrong if he was and she came back to the real world with a fiance. As she began to leave the safe zone, she noticed a little girl in the distance. She was slashing at a boar, who looked pretty unamused. She paused to examine the spectacle.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pepper was slashing wildly with her weapon at the boar in her sights. The boar squealed in rage as it ran at Pepper, who easily dodged. However, Pepper's range with her weapon wasn't too good, especially since she wasn't really trying to hit the boar very hard. "Haha! Dummy!" she teased. She was more into taunting the creature, which wasn't the nicest thing for her to do. She barely even noticed the young lady watching her from a distance.

ID: 4896

Combat Roll: 2

MOB Roll: 3

Pepper: 5/5

Boar: 2/2

The boar charged at Pepper, and before anyone had the chance to react it launched her backwards. Oske's eyes widened with rage as the little girl's health fell into the yellow zone. Oske ran forward, her sword glowing as she unsheathed it. She ran and skidded around the boar, slashing the sword so that it ran along the side. The boar screeched and shattered into little blue shards. Sheathing her sword, Oske knelt down my the little girl. "Hey, are you okay?" 

ID: 4899

Combat Roll: 9 (1basedmg +1 crithit + 2 swordskill = 4 dmg)

MOB Roll: 9 (1basedmg+ 1crithit= 2 dmg)

Oske: 39/39

Pepper: 3/5

Boar: 0/2 DEAD

Pepper sat up quickly after she was knocked over to see a young lady dash forward and slashed around the boar, causing it to dissipate into crystal fragment. Her eyes widened, and she couldn't stop staring at the player. Her shy stance yet brave actions reminded her of someone familiar... someone that was no longer in the death game. She sat there shaking, then hugged herself. "W...w... WAAAAH!!!" she sobbed. She jumped up and hugged the lady tightly. 

"W-woah," Oske stuttered. She gently pat the little girl's head. "Hey, it's okay... don't worry, you're safe now. Come on, let's get to Starting City. It's only a few meters away, okay? I'll get you some ice cream."

Oske led the distraught girl into Starting City, approaching the place where she had gotten ice cream with Shark. "Do you like Cocan? It's kind of like chocolate, but it has almost a nutty flavor. I tried it a few weeks ago, and I liked it." Once Pepper had given an answer, Oske ordered both of their ice creams and handed the cone to Pepper.

"Y-yeah, I like chocolate..." Pepper murmured. The lady that saved her handed Pepper an ice cream cone, which she took a bite out of. While the taste was still there, the pain from cold meeting bone didn’t hurt her in this world. After all, pain didn’t exist. She followed the lady to a table, and then Pepper spoke up. “Who are you, anyway? I’m Pepper.â€

As Pepper bit into the ice cream, she watched in horror. Yet, the little girl was unfazed. Oske then remembered that pain was not real in this world, and she seemed to be the only one to feel it. Curse my dumb nerves, she thought to herself. She then realized the girl introduced herself. "Oh, I'm Oske. That's spelled O-S-K-E. I'm just a regular old player, nothing special. What are you doing in a game like this, anyway? You look pretty young... where's your mommy or daddy? Are they busy?"

Pepper's eyes widened when she heard "mommy." She quickly shook it off, putting one hand on her hip and snapping, "I'm a big girl! I'm not some wimp. I can take care of myself; I don't need anybody to take care of me!" She puffed up her cheeks to show a little more determination. She then chomped down on the ice cream again, taking in the chocolate-nut flavor of the cold dish. 

Oske laughed and nodded slightly. "I see. So I guess you're a rebel, are you?" She gently licked her ice cream, nibbling a little on the cone. However, she winced when her teeth hit the cold. She hoped that Pepper didn't notice. Oske took a deep breath. "Well, I don't want to make you mad, but... you are kind of small. I'm assuming you're a little girl, based on your... size and stuff. In fact, you look way too young to be wandering off on your own... No, it's actually not your age. It's your level. You're level one, I'm guessing." Oske didn't let the girl answer. "Why don't you party up with me? I'll show you a little bit about fighting, okay?"

Pepper squinted when Oske was very careful to eat her ice cream. She noticed that Oske winced as if she felt pain, but Pepper said nothing. As the lady began to tell her that she was too young to be alone, outrage filled her lungs. However, it quickly faded away as Oske corrected herself to say that she was low leveled rather than underaged. She finished up her ice cream and crossed her arms. "I don't need a party. I can fight all by myself!"

Oske smiled nervously. "Well, I know that you can, but..." Oske paused to try and think of an excuse. She decided quickly on one that wasn't completely false. "I'm kind of lonely, you know? And I'm not too great at fighting. I was hoping I could team up with someone. You teach me, I teach you... you know?" Oske took another lick of her ice cream. It was melting, so the durability was dropping. Before she even got to finish it, it shattered into little blue shards. "Whoops... well, anyway. What do you say? Do you want to go train a little?"

Pepper blinked. So, this lady needs some help. I can do that! I bet I'm stronger than her, even though my level is low. Pepper nodded slightly. "Okay, fine. I'll train with you, Miss Oske. But... I'd like you to give me a potion whenever I need it, okay? I don't have anything right now besides my clothes and dagger. And I want you to treat me to all my meals, aaand... what else?" She made a ticking clock sound with her mouth. "Yeah! That's all I can think of. Let's go!"

Oske smiled nervously as the little girl stood up. Oske stood up too. She was a little uncomfortable with this, mainly because… well, she was kind of antisocial and she certainly wasn’t good with kids. Her heart was racing as she walked with Pepper out into the town. The NPCs were walking around, chatting a little in repetitive speech before waving goodbye and going on their way. Soon enough, they stepped out of the save zone. Oske spotted a boar that spawned, grazing quietly and peacefully. “Okay. Let’s start out simple, with a boar.â€

Pepper immediately leaped into action. She dashed forward and went to slash at the boar, however it simply rammed into her and sent her falling on her butt, scraping her knees. "Waah!" she shouted, jumping back to her feet. She gripped her dagger tightly, glancing at her health bar. This boar had less health than her, though, so she could defeat it... right?

Roll ID: 3993

Combat: 1

Mob: 9 (1basedmg+1crit = 2dmg)

Boar: 2/2

Oske was stunned for a moment, watching as the little Pepper ran out and threw herself into danger so quickly. Before she knew it, she was running blindly at the boar. It rammed the tusks on its face at her legs and dealt about two points of damage. Oske, however, didn't seem to care. In a black out rage, she stabbed the boar as hard as she could. With a sickening THUD as her sword met the dirt below the boar, it shattered into blue shards. She received no reward for the kill, panting with fury still.

Roll ID: 3994

Combat: 5 + 1accuracy (1basedmg+2swordskill = 3dmg)

Mob: 9 (1basedmg+1crit = 2dmg)

Oske: 37/39

Pepper jumped to her feet. She whimpered slightly, then gritted her teeth. "I can take care of myself, Miss Oske. But... I don't want to waste a potion. Let's just go back to the safe zone so I can heal. It's only a few feet away." Without waiting for Miss Oske to answer, Pepper led the way back to the safe zone. She was a little embarrassed that she was hit, and then Oske had to save her. She blushed and averted her eyes just thinking about it.

Oske sighed and shook her head, following the little girl. Once they were in the safe zone again, Oske took a seat on a bench and rested her head in her hands. "Look, Pepper. I get that you can take care of yourself. But you have to listen: I'm a higher level than you, by about 17. That's a lot of levels. Even at my high level, I don't run into battle. I'm cautious and I make sure my enemy is up to my standards or below. That boar did quite a bit of damage on you, because you're level one." She paused. "See... I just don't want a kid to die. Heck, I don't want anyone to die here. Just be careful, okay?"

Pepper paused, puffing up her cheeks. It was clear that Miss Oske cared about her... and for some reason, Pepper felt the same way. She sighed and crossed her arms, looking away. "Okay, fine. I want to go kill some boars now. Let's go!" Pepper got ready to dash out into the fields, but she slowed down and remembered what Oske had just said. She waited for her friend to follow.

Oske watched as Pepper got up, ready to go, but then stopped to wait for her. She felt almost a sort of relief and happiness that Pepper was willing to wait. Oske made sure to walk at the same pace as her little friend as they walked into the field. A boar spawned, and Oske took a deep breath.

“Okay. So, there’s a boar. I want you to stand back to charge up a sword art, okay? Make sure you dodge if it tries to hit you. They’re not very fast.†Oske paused. “I’ll be right here, so if you get hurt, I’ll jump in.â€

Pepper approached the boar. It didn't notice her at force, just turning a few times and sensing a presence. The boar knew she was there, just not where. It then turned, its red eyes glinting as Pepper's dagger began to shake with power. She let herself leap forward and stabbed into the boar with a slight squeaky shout. It grunted, then shattered into little shards. Pepper paused to check to see if she received any loot, but... "Hmph. No loot." She turned. "Hey, mo--, uh, Miss Oske! Look! I killed the pig!"

Roll ID: 5035

Combat: 8 (1basedmg + 1swordskill = 2dmg)

Mob: 1

Loot: 8

Pepper: 5/5