[PP-F1] A Little Pepper (Pepper)

"Good job!" Oske said with a smile. "I'm proud of you. If we keep this up, you'll be nice and leveled up in no time. But... right now, I think we should stay close to the safe zone. One hit from a boar gives you almost half health, and your health quickly regenerates in the safe zone. I think it until you're higher health, we should stay close by for when you lose some."

Oske took a few steps in the grass, letting the system know that she was walking outside of the safe zone. Another boar spawned, looking a little... strange. It had bigger tusks and a little green tint to its hide. "Hmm... that's odd. Okay, I'll be here if you need me. Do what you did last time."

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pepper slowly approached the boar. After her last attack, she had leveled up and gained a few points of health. That meant nothing to this boar. It turned immediately and snorted with rage, charging at her. Pepper gasped and tried to dodge, but was hit head on. Two health points fell from her bar, and she rolled on the ground. She struggled to get to her feet as the boar charged again.

Roll ID: 5039

Combat: 4 

Mob: 9 (1basedmg + 1crit = 2 dmg)

Pepper: 5/7

Oske: 39/39

King Boar: 4/4

Just as the boar grunted and charged, Oske flipped over Pepper and shielded her with her body. Thanks to her armor, she only received one point of damage. Oske snarled with rage, ready to protect Pepper if she had to. She glanced back at her little friend. "Are you okay, Pepper?" she asked in a shaky voice.

Roll ID: 5040

Combat: 3 

Mob: 10 (1basedmg + 2crit = 3 dmg)

Oske: 38/39

Pepper glared at Oske. "I'm fine!" she shouted. Pushing the player away, she stood up on her own two feet. The boar seemed pretty surprised that someone just threw herself in front of its target, so it just stood there for second. The boar's eyes glowed as it roared with rage, ready to attack Pepper yet again. 

Roll ID: 5060

Combat: 4 

Mob: 4

Oske: 38/39

Oske pushed Pepper out of the way very gently. She was going to block the boar from attacking her, but there was a DING sound as she leveled up. Her eyes met her health bar for a moment, but.... it only distracted her just long enough for the boar to nudge her leg with its tusk. She felt a slight piercing pain, then jumped back. The boar grunted, as if it were saying, "hey, I'm still here." However, thanks to her battle healing, that point of her health went back up.

Roll ID: 5061

Combat: 3+1=4

Mob: 6 (1 dmg)

Crafting: 12 (+1 health)

Oske: 41/41

Pepper glared at Oske. "Why do you protect me? I can take care of myself!" Pepper snapped. Tears welled in her eyes, and she pouted in attempts to not cry. "You're always like this to me! You're the worst--I hate you!" She turned and crossed her arms. The boar looked a little confused at this point. Pepper froze when she realized what she just said... she said it to a stranger--someone she just met. 

Roll ID: 5067

Combat: 5

Mob: 2

Oske blinked, tilting her head with confusion. It seemed that Pepper was quite upset with her. While Pepper's words hurt her, Oske didn't quite understand why she was saying it. She ignored the king boar flat out as it poked her in the leg again. "H-hey, Pepper... what's going on? Are you okay?" she asked nervously. "Come on, let's deal with this boar..."

Roll ID: 5068

Combat: 1

Mob: 7 (1 dmg)

Oske: 40/41

"There!" With a furious motion, Pepper slashed a critical hit onto the boar's snout. In a fit of pain, it stabbed her arm with its tusk. Pepper shouted in anger and stormed away. When the boar tried to follow her, she gave it a kick in the face that did no damage. It grunted and backed away, getting ready to charge at her. "Go away, pig!" Pepper shouted at it.

Roll ID: 5078

Combat: 9 (1dmg +1crit + 1swordskill = 3dmg)

Mob: 6 (1 dmg)

Pepper: 4/7

King Boar: 1/4

Oske paused, turning to the boar that Pepper just kicked in the face. She spun around playfully and slashed at its face, watching it shatter into a million shards. Due to its low level, she received no reward for killing it. After all... if she landed a critical on the first hit, she would've killed it instantly. She was on floor one, after all. Oske started walking after Pepper. "Hey... what happened back there?" she asked once she caught up to her.

Roll ID: 5079

Combat: 6+1accuracy (1dmg +2swordskill = 3dmg)

Mob: 2

Pepper: 4/7

King Boar: 0/4 DEAD

Pepper tried to control herself as tears bubbled up and dripped down her face. She quickly turned away from Miss Oske. “I’m fine!†she snapped. But in all honesty, she wasn’t. Every movement and everything Oske did… it was just like Mommy. Pepper wanted to get closer to Miss Oske if Miss Oske was just like Mommy, but… she was afraid of losing her. The images of Mommy’s body shattering into little shards flashed in Pepper’s head.

“My… my mommy used to be in this game with me,†Pepper said. She started to hiccup as tears ran down her face. “But… hic!...She was… hic!... killed…hic!â€

“Pepper…†Oske breathed. She chewed her lip a little. While she didn’t know what it was like to lose someone she loved to death, she knew what it was like to love and lose. She knew what it was like to see them every day and know she could never have them, so it must’ve been worse for Pepper… knowing that she would never see her mother alive again. “I’m so sorry, sweetie…â€

Pepper tried to stop crying, only making her hiccuping worse. "I want to be strong so I can protect my friends," Pepper told Miss Oske. "I want to be strong so I can protect you! I want to be able... to take care of myself. Can you teach me how to be strong, Miss Oske? I want to go through the forest and fight monsters, and eat fruit we find. It'll be fun, I promise..."

Oske smiled at little Pepper. “You don’t need to convince me. Of course, we can go adventuring. But… my one problem is that, well… I’m not as strong as you think I am, Pepper. I may be high leveled, but I’m kind of a weak person. But I’ll keep you safe, okay?†Oske began to walk out of the safe zone again. “Oh, and if I help you fight a mob, neither of us get Col because it’s too weak for me. I won’t help you fight unless you really need it, so you can get loot. Is that okay?â€

Pepper smiled, her hiccuping slowly fading away and her tears drying up on her cheeks. She nodded, then reached her arms out and hugged Miss Oske. “Yay! I’m so happy. Okay, let’s go! I’m going to be the strongest player ever, I promise!†She followed Miss Oske out of the safe zone, where a boar appeared. This time, Pepper would kill it. As she peered at the boar, she realized... it was that stupid King Boar again. She charged at it, only to skid to the side to narrowly avoid being stabbed in the gut. However, the tusk managed to scrape off a health point or two from her leg.

Roll ID: 5109

Combat: 5

Mob: 9 (1basedmg + 1crit = 2dmg)

"Urk..." Oske twitched to see Pepper get hurt, and wanted to jump in to save her. But she knew Pepper would be furious if she did... so, she decided that if Pepper's health ever hit 3 or lower, she'd jump in right away. She wasn't going to let her little friend get hurt, especially on her watch. Oske crossed her arms and watched the boar approaching Pepper again, looking confident in itself that it had just done some damage to her.

Pepper slipped on her ground as she went to stab the boar. Her feet fell beneath her body's center, and she found herself toppling down into the boar. It shrieked in rage and stabbed her again. Pepper shoved the boar off of her and jumped to her feet, shaking a little. Her health was kind of in the red zone. She glanced at Oske with fear in her eyes.

Roll ID: 5120

Combat: 1

Pepper: 3/7

"Pepper!" Oske gasped. She quickly jumped into action, stabbing at the boar. She managed to stab right through its snout, but nothing more. It snorted and grunted as it shook its head, pain overwhelming it. It the roared and got ready to attack again. Oske glanced back at Pepper. "I want you to be careful, okay?" she whispered. "I don't want you dying on me."

Roll ID: 5122

Combat: 7+1=8 (1basedmg + 2 swordskill = 3dmg)

Mob: 4 

Pepper: 3/7

King Boar: 1/4

Pepper whimpered slightly. She pushed past Oske and jumped up to slam her dagger down on the piggy's face. It grunted, stabbed her for two damage, then shattered into those pretty little shards. Just as Pepper realized she only had one health point left... she leveled up to level three. Pepper jumped up and down excitedly. "Look, Miss Oske! I leveled up! See?!?"

Roll ID: 5123

Combat: 9 (1basedmg + 1crit+ 1swordskill = 3dmg)

Pepper: 9/9 (leveled up)

King Boar: 0/4 dead

Oske swallowed shakily, putting her hands on her head. She opened up her inventory and sent Pepper two of her healing potions. "I can't waste my time handing you a potion when you need it right away. You keep these safe, and only use them when you really need it. When I say 'really need it', I mean... If a critical hit from your enemy could kill you, take it before they get the chance." Oske took another shaking breath. "I'm here to protect you, okay? Nothing bad is going to happen to you."

Mob Name: Baby Imp

Health: 

Moves: None. 5+ is a call to mother, mother arrives in 2 turns. 

"I know nothing bad is going to happen," Pepper said, puffing up her cheeks. She then deflated them and stuck out her tongue. "See how strong I'm getting? I leveled up. Soon I'll be the same level as you, Miss Oske. Come on, let's go!" Pepper turned and began to skip into the forest. She nearly rammed into a small tree as it stepped into her way. She flinched and jumped back. The little tree made a slight chirping sound to reveal its face... Which Pepper promptly stabbed. The imp suddenly began to screech loudly.

Roll ID: 5129

Combat: 8 (1basedmg + 1swordskill = 2dmg)

Mob: 7 (successful call, mother in 2 turns)

Pepper: 9/9 

Baby Imp: 3/5