Hey guys,

So I'm looking for a good Free to Play MMORPG, and by Free to Play I mean no Pay To Win and no subscription. I know it's a hard question to ask cuz usually the best MMORPGs are usually for money and have subscriptions, but if you know one then that would be great! Thanks!

PS: Just to make it clear, by Pay to Win I mean I have to pay to get items like armor and weapons and such to continue through the game or having to pay to go through a place.  A game where there's no chance for you to win or a very, extremely low chance for you to win without paying would be considered Pay to Win. Just saying this now so that there are not discussions later about what I meant about it. 

The two MMOs I play are Elsword and Warframe (PS4).

I've been playing Elsword for a couple years now and it's pretty fun. You don't need to buy good armor using real money, it just takes some more time to get a hold of them. I do pay occasionally, but that's mainly just for cosmetic changes to my character's equipment.

Warframe is the same, and is actually a lot more about skill than it is about having better armor. The planets and levels are set so that you can kind of tell which ones you'd be likely to survive. Also it's about technologically advanced space ninjas.

Both are more towards player vs. encounter than player vs. player.

The problem with MMORPGs these days is the following:

-Pay To Win (Everyone hates those)

-Subscriptions (Only if the game's expensive enough or if it's supposedly Free to Play but you're suddenly in front of a large brick wall called "Subsciptions")

- High System Requirements (Not everyone has the gaming laptop/computer of their dreams)

- Buy to Play (Only if you want a Free to Play game)

- Free to Play games since they usually suck and/or are one of the above. 

That doesn't go for all F2P MMORPGs out there, but it summarizes a bit of most of the MMORPG problems gamers have. As I said before, I tried to play Mabinogi, I enjoyed it, I stopped playing it cuz I didn't really understand what to do and where to go and who to talk to and then I just got too confused to continue.

Neverwinter is Free to Play. Guild Wars is Buy to Play so it's not Free to Play, but its pretty good. World of Warcraft is Subscription and buying....

Wait a second...

After researching both LOTRO and RIFT I have found that Rift is possibly closer to exactly the kind of game that we want. Looking at Lord of the Rings Online it sounds cool and all and both games have very positive reviews as well. not to mention both around the 84-86 metacritic reviews- but there's a bit more talk of it having raids and instances that need money from you. Yeah...there's a VIP mode for accounts on LOTRO. As for expansion packs, both have only about 4-5, and Rift's packs, compared to LOTRO, are a bit more expensive. Rift's most expensive pack is 100 or so dollars while the highest thing for LOTRO is around 20 dollars and that's the total for all their expansion packs. 

Seeing all of this, I don't really know...

I see....

Well, I can't really tell. I mean, is this expansion pack thing really important or is it not needed? What we can do is take each game and play it for ourselves and see how its like. So, I play LOTRO and you play RIFT, and at the end of the day we go back and record what we think of this game. Maybe after a week of playing the game or so. 

Mission began: Lord of the Rings Online.

Note: My laptops a bit old and doesn't really have a lot of space as it is. I had to delete some stuff from my laptop including Skyrim for it to work and now that I have 13 GB free I can only hope that they don't all get swallowed up. Also my internet's been bad the past few days so...

Beginning to download (Day 0)