[PP-F4] The Road to Recovery. (Sol / Destiny)

Sol jolted in surprise once Destiny jumped. "Eh~!?" He was a bit startled now. "Y-Yeah, we can go deeper insi-DE?!" Sol was tugged to go further inside as he trips a few steps and then begins to take point, leading Destiny further into the cave. Once a few minutes passed, it was very dark but the blue light of arctic iceshrooms made a low light effect to make enough light to at least see the ground. "Huh, cool... Glowing shrooms." He bends over to examine them. "...I wonder if they are edible..." He got a little sidetracked and looked up at Destiny and blinked. "Want to rest here? We can see ground level inside and it dead ends right over there." Sol points at the wall with the shrooms infesting the area.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Destiny looked over at Sol who seemed be getting absorbed by the glowing items.  She stood where she was and stared into the seemingly dark cave.  “Umm….I don’t know, Sol.†She said a little hesitant.  “What do you think we should do…?†she looked down at him as she asked.  Destiny really didn’t know what to do.  She was more scared than anything can couldn’t necessarily think straight.  Destiny looked at the ground and thought to herself.  

Sol stood up and looked at Destiny growing a bit worried about her. "Are you okay? You seem... scared." He asked as he bent over and plucked a few of the shrooms and started to put them in a pile. "... I wonder."  Once a good number was in the middle of the cave, he decided to experiment.He attempted to light the pile of shrooms on fire for a light source. Once he lit one shroom on fire it fizzled and combusted into a very bright white flame."OW!" He dropped the shroom into the pile as they all started to ignite in a near blinding white light. "Hot Hot hot!!" Sol puts his finger in his mouth to relieve the burn he recieved. Once the makeshift 'campfire' ignited it lit up the whole cavern. Sol looked around as it looked like the walls were glass or crystal. "Whoa..." Sol continued to look around, trying to spot any threats if any were present. The cavern did assent upwards quite a way, they must have been inside a mountain or something.

Destiny made brief eye contact with Sol when he has asked her if she was okay.  She quickly looked away and began to put her fingers in her mouth and bit her fingers.  In a muffled kind of sound, Destiny said, “ I’m okay!† She looked around quickly turning her head from side to side, and Destiny’s hair whipped back and forth as she did so.  “What is he doing….?†She thought to herself.  “What if…. What if something gets us….Something with many legs….and hairy…..† Destiny continued to look back and forth franticly.  “Oh my god….What if… What if a crazed PKer…..With a  butcher knife…and a hockey mask.† Destiny’s pigtails kept on whipping back and forth as she looked back and forth.  Destiny suddenly saw the area that they were in light up suddenly.  “AHH!!†she screamed out as she fell over with her hands on her head.  Destiny wasn’t expecting Sol to light up the room with the shrooms.  Destiny lay on her side for a while and then finally sat up.  “What did you do, Sol?â€

Sol looked back at Destiny, the white light procuring a shadow of Sol on the crystal cavern wall. Sol still had his finger in his mouth and mumbled. "I burnt myself with the stupid shroom... They are very hot when they catch on fire." As Sol spoke the fire continued to stay vibrant and alive, putting out quite alot of heat for being mushrooms. Sol backed away from the fire and sat down next to Destiny. "There, another fire. this one is even brighter than the regular campfire too and warmer as well." He smiled as he grabbed her hand with the promise band and held onto it, reassuring Destiny of the promise. "Destiny, You'll be alright. If you're scared, you can tell me. I won't judge you."

Destiny pulled back her hand.  “I’m not scared!†she cried out.  She then looked down at her hand and rubbed the red ribbon.  “I just… I don’t like the dark.† Destiny looked around the cavern.  She watched as the fire made their shadows danced on the wall.  For some reason this reminded her of a song that she used to listen to that was on a musical.  She then laid down with her arms above her head.  Destiny relaxed and let the air seemingly flow in and out of her.  Destiny laid on the ground, with her arms stretched out and relaxed above her head.  Her hair laying around her and under her arms.  As the air flowed in and out of her, her chest rose and fell.  A bit of Destiny’s midriff peaked out as her tube top had risen when she lifted her arms.  Destiny hummed the song that played in her head and watched the dancing shadows on the earthy cavern ceiling. 

Sol laughed nervously. "Heh s-sorry Destiny. Wasn't trying to offend you." As time started to pass the howling winds of the storm picked up outside the caverns. Sol looked around seeing the shadows on the walls and ceiling. "...?" Sol began to hear humming, turning his head toward Destiny to find the source of said humming. Once he pinpointed the source, he smiled and began to stare while listening to her voice hum a seemingly beautiful song. As he stared at Destiny, his eyes started to wonder along her body once again, catching glimpses of her bare midriff. Sol blushed and shook his head looking towards the fire. "What am I thinking!?" He thought to himself as he tried to avoid looking at Destiny for a bit. 

Destiny continued humming for a bit until she realized that she wasn’t really alone.   She turned to see Sol from where she was laying.  Destiny reached her hand that had the red ribbon on it and said,  “Sol?..†She kept her hand out as a way to say, give me your hand. Destiny waited for Sol to react to her, but she was already starting to slip into sleep, her eyes seemed to flutter a bit as she kept looking at the back of Sol’s head waiting for him to respond.  “Ugh… Sleep…Why can’t you wait sometimes…†she thought to herself. 

Sol closed his eyes for a brief moment, trying to keep his mind clear whilst listening to Destiny's humming. "I need to keep myself in line, I can't compromise our friendship... Sol continued to listen to her hum until she stopped. "She stopped??" He thought as he turned his head and saw her hand out reaching for his. Sol blushed slightly as he acknowledged her request and grabbed her hand, Scooting close to her so she wasn't stretched out awkwardly. "Yeah Destiny?" He answered as he laces his fingers with hers. He gave a slight smile as the flames of the bright fire danced wildly. 

Destiny felt Sol’s fingers against hers. Their ribbons were together again, with its other half. Her eyes were drooping a bit.  “Sleep..Why must you be so persistent….† She thought.  Destiny was still exhausted from staying up for days searching for Sol, and then the rush of emotions that she had when she found him, and then their small battle torture.  Destiny turned on to her side so she could face him.  “Sol….†She said as she held his hand against her cheek.  Destiny smiled at him and let out a small laugh.  She blinked slowly as she thought,  “I’m so tired, Bastion…Just… stay with me..†

Sol continued to smile as he held onto her hand as the ribbon was one once again. He saw her eyes becoming droopy. "You Tired? You can take a nap if you want." Once he heard his name being spoken, her hand touched his cheek. As she touched his face, Sol's cheeks were a bit heated a clear blush showing on his cheeks due to the pure white light. Out of reaction he reached out and touched her cheeks as well. Giving her an Okay if she was tired that she could rest. "You poor woman, I put you through so much pain and trouble..." Sol thought to himself seeing her eyes blinking ever so slower.

Destiny felt Sol’s hand on her cheek.  It comforted her a bit to feel his touch, to know that he was actually there.  “Bastion…†she said softly as she blinked slowly.  Destiny’s eyes began to water a bit, she was overly tired and this would probably her last few words before she fell completely asleep.  She was already in the first stage, and her eyes were barely open.  “I….I….†she was barely able to say the word audibly.  “I…….I missed you……†The words barely came out of her mouth as she fell asleep with her hand still on Sol’s cheek.  

Sol watched her doze off, hearing her words as she fell asleep saying them. "...I missed you more than you know Diana. More than you know..." He muttered as he grabbed her hand that touched his cheek and laid it to the ground. "..." He decided to scoot forward and lay down next to her, reattaching his hand with the ribbon with hers. Sol smiled as he started to stare at Destiny's face while she slept. Soon he also began to drift into a light slumber. Still holding her hand as he drifted away.

Destiny woke up a while later.  She opened her eyes to see Sol much closer to her, laying down next to her.  Their hands were still interlaced, the ribbons side by side.  “Sol…†she thought to herself.  Destiny partially loved him but hated him.  She hated the fact that he wished for a death sentence.  He wished to be on the front lines, to fight the bosses and possibly die in the process.  Destiny let go of Sol’s limp hand and sat up.  She moved around and pulled Sol’s head onto her lap.  She gently stroked his hair and traced her fingers along his face.  Destiny was looking down at him and smiled.  She bent over and kissed Sol lightly on the forehead.  “I’ll my best to protect you, Sol… I promise that to you.. I will…†she whispered in his ear.

Sol was sound asleep, feeling Destiny's hand move caused him to toss a bit in his sleep, once being laid on her lap, he nuzzled up on her, still caught in a peaceful slumber. a smile came across his face as if he heard her say those words that meant so much as well as feeling that kiss. It felt nostalgic, they way he was laying, he was dreaming of himself in his younger days... A bus, at night, band... All these things echoed around in his head. "... Where... Where has the time gone..." Sol thought while he was in his dream like fantasy.

Destiny sat there with Sol's head in her lap.  She gently stroked his hair.  Destiny thought back about what had happened that they became friends and how they met. She smiled when she thought about how she had scolded Sol for sneaking up on people and when she first learned how to battle.  "And now...we're here.." she thought as she looked down at Sol and smiled.  Their friendship had run rather deep and it seemed that the more time that they spent together the more she started to enjoy his company.  Not that she didn't prior.  But he was less of an annoying nuisance.  Destiny thought of all the times that she gave him noogies and when she would hit him.  Destiny put her hand near Sol's neck and made a motion as if to pretend to choke him.  She threw her head back and started to laugh.  She giggled to herself as she said,  "Sol.. Oh Sol... What will I ever do with you..."  Destiny started shaking her head as she said  "...I will never know."

Destiny heard something in the distance.  "What?" she said as she quickly got up.  Destiny forgot about Sol's head on her lap and instead of putting him down slowly she just let his head fall off, his head hit the ground with a large thump. Destiny started walking towards the opening of the cavern.  Forgetting how dark it was, she was engulfed by it; but she kept on walking forward.  "What was that...?" she thought to herself. 

As Sol's head hit the rock ground with a thump, he was awoken in a daze. "...Nggh... Ow..." It took him a moment to catch what happened and what was happening. "Huh? Where?" Sol looked around as he remembers the situation of where he was. He blushed and looked around for Destiny, Spotting her walking into the darkness that consumed towards the entrance of the cavern. "D-Destiny?" He quietly said thinking she would hear him. He stood up and brushed himself off, then held his head where Destiny dropped him. "Why does my head hurt..." He muttered as he began to slowly walk after Destiny. "Oi, Destiny! Where ya going?" He asked in a calm collected voice, thinking nothing was wrong. Soon he began to think, "Wait, what if she need to use the bathroom... No... That isn't it... We don't experience that in this game. Is she going to check outside?"

“What is that….?†Destiny thought to herself.  She didn’t hear Sol calling out to her.  She actually didn’t even know that he was there anymore.  There was something else ringing in her ears.  It was… Something magical and beautiful.  The sounds of a beautiful melody of a flute were playing in her ears.  But apparently Sol could not hear it.  Destiny walked towards the sounds of the music, entranced.  “Its… It’s so beautiful…†she said to herself. 

"Destiny wait up!" Sol stated as he picked up his pace after Destiny. "Destiny?" He attempted to get her attention with his voice, noticing she was rather curious about something. "Not really like her to ignore me... I wonder if something is wrong... or even..." Sol's eyes shot open. "Wh-what if she didn't like me laying next to her!? AW STUPID IDIOT! YOU SHOULD HAVE WAITED!" He mentally scolded himself as he ever so continued to follow Destiny slowly. He took a breath and said once again. "Y-You're not mad at me by chance?" He said in attempt to draw her attention once more, if she doesn't answer, one of two things is up. Either she was distracted by something far more important, or she simply hated him for his little laying down stunt.

Destiny kept her attention to where ever the music was coming from.  She couldn’t hear Sol at all.  Destiny followed the sound the majestic flute melody.  Until she finally found the source.  It was a pied piper of sorts but this one was one that enchanted players and then killed them.  The piper had a white flute that curled on the end,  elf ish like ears and crystal blue eyes.  Destiny walked over to the piper and laid down next to him.  She laid there still, non moving.  The piper stood up and pulled out its dagger, and paused when it noticed Sol.  “Looks like we have a guest…â€