(PP-F1) 'Old and Young' (Mari)

OOC sorry i couldn't find out a good topic.

Jacob sat outside of town waiting for one of his friends. She was always outside of towns. She had a orange cursor. He picked out a dandelion and made a wish. "I wish that Mari would get here." Jacob blew the dandelion and its seeds spread around. He sighed. "Mari! Mari!" He called out. He bet she was around here. He took out his blade and swung it around. Once higher leveled he would take on a big quest with her one day. He stabbed the air.

((I think its clever to reverse the title of our old topic though!))

Mari was around the outskirts of the first town, after just finishing a transaction with a low levelled player who went into town to buy her supplies and food. She heard a young voice call out her name. "What in the..." She turned on her heel and headed back toward the town, and saw a young boy, dressed mostly in black with a sword swinging it around. Mari recognized the boy.

"Hello Jacob." Mari said with a smile. "Here..." Mari should have done this earlier, but was preoccupied. She had sent him a friend request. "There, I've sent you a friend request. Click accept. Whenever you want to hang out, now you can message me instead of calling out my name and hoping I am nearby." She leant down to peer into his face, reaching out to brush his fringe out of his eyes. "Lucky I was nearby huh?"

Jacob stopped calling Mari's name and sighed looking at the ground. He grabbed some grass and ripped it in two. Then he heard a familiar voice. It was a girl's voice and it was soft and gentle. Jacob wheeled his head to the sound. He seen a vaguely familiar girl dressed mostly in link. He smiled and knew it was Mari. She opened her HUD and sent him a friend request. He looked at the popped uo screen. Mari would like to be your friend. Accept? Jacob pressed the blue button meaning yes. She then said Whenever you want to hang out just send me a message then just calling me and hoping I'm nearby. Mari knelt down and brush his hair out of his face. Lucky i was nearby huh? Jacob smiled and looked at his friend. Want to kill more piggies. Or we can have a picnic. This time it was in the morning so they had all day. Jacob had enough ideas to keep them busy all day.

Mari smiled at Jacobs innocence and enthusiasm. "Sure." She said. "We can go to another floor too if you like. How about we go mob hunting first, then when we are really hungry we have a small picnic, does that sound nice?" Mari asked.

It was strange, despite any turbulent times she had experienced, despite her hardships with Life and how cruel he had been to her, despite the reality of her reactions...it all disappeared with Jacobs smile; that innocent beaming boy who looked up to and admired Mari, not for who she had become but for who she was able to be. That gave Mari hope. 

"Do you want to stay here and kill boars or would you like to go to a different floor?"

Jacob held his blade lightly. Lets go to floor two!" We can get there by walking to the boss room!" Jacob always had wished to go to the boss room. He was getting stronger everyday but he was still not as strong for most quests. Those took to be like level 15. He was a long way from there though. "Lets go to the boss room!" Jacob grabbed his blade in case if something attacked. Jacob wondered what Mari's past was. He knew she was an adult. But nothing about her childhood.

Mari bit her lip. "Mmm, we can go that way if you really want sweetie, but it'd take longer. Besides. It'd just be a big, boring. Empty room. Nothing to see there; I could take you to more exciting places. Like Ice Skating on the fourth floor. Or a forest in the mountains. Or even a place where there are elves in the village."

Mari felt bad for wanting to deny him of one of his simplest requests, but there wasn't exactly a way do what he wished. Mari held his free hand, the one that did not hold the weapon and gave it a small squeeze. Guiding him to the pad outside the town. "Have you found your mother yet? Do you really want to go via the boss room?"

Mari started speaking of other options. "Ooh lets go iceskating!" Mari took his hand and started leading him to the pad to teleport. Jacob pulled his hand out of Mari's and stood on the pad. Before Mari could say anything he had already yelled "Snowfrost town!" A blue light glimmered and he found himself in a snowing environment. Floor four was amazing! He had never been here before. He stuck out his tounge and he tasted a few snowflakes. "Wow......." Jacob was amazed.

"O..oh wait Jacob!" But it was too late, he had already left. Mari sighed. Shaking her head. Just what was she going to do with him? Running off like that to a higher floor....it was dangerous. Mari would have to have a talk with him later.

Mari stepped onto the teleportation pad. "Floor 4" She was transported to the pad just outside Snowfrost town and the safe zone. She positioned herself so she could be seen by anyone leaving the town. Mari couldn't go any closer. "That boy..." She said as she shook her head.

OOC I'm bored lets add a little action.

Jacob heard a sound behinf him as Mari teleported to the edge of Snowfrost town. He heard "That boy" behinf him and he turned then backed up. He bumped into something and he turned around and it was a man. "Whoops. I'm sorry!" Jacob said to the man. Jacob looke at the red cursor. Jacobs memory flashes back to the time when Mari told him to stay away from people with those. Jacob began a scream but then was cut off as a piece of cloth was put over his mouth. He felt the rag tied and so was his hands. The man picked up Jacob and forced a paralysis potion into his mouth. Jacob went still as the man led Jacob farther and farther away.

As Jacob left the town Mari saw him aproach, "Oh Jacob..." Mari muttered with a small smile on her face; there were a few other players nearby but Mari paid them no heed. Why would she need to? "You need to be more careful." The young boy took a few steps back from Mari, probably because he didn't like being told what to do. He bumped into another rather gruff looking man. He gave a small eep but the man picked Jacob up.

"Just what the hell do you think you are doing?" Mari shouted at the Man as he started to haul Jacob away. Mari felt her insides churn as she watched him paralyze Jacob. "HE'S JUST A KID!" Mari screamed as she quickly closed the gap between them. She equipped her dagger; throwing it at the man's back. She had already lost her daughter. Be Damned if she was going to loose Jacob too. The dagger missed the man by a mere inch. It landed in front of him though and stopped his running.

"Drop the kid, now." â€‹Mari said, her demeanour changing, no longer the sweet and innocent motherly figure Jacob knew her as.

Battle Dice: 2 + 3 = 5 FAIL
Perma Roll ID #5205

Jacob 11/11 HP  Paralyzed 2/2 turns
Mari 53/53 HP
???

Jacob watched as Mari began to scream at the man to let him down. The man did not stop and Mari charged forward throwing her knife. The blade sailed in front of the man and he stopped dead in his tracks. Mari yelled for the man to put Jacob down. The man dropped Jacob down face first. Jacob let out a sound as he hit the ground. The man pulled out an axe. The man grunted before waving the axe around.

Jacob 11/11 Paralyzed 2/2 turns

Mari 53/53

Murderer 45/45 3 base damage

It was the man's turn to attack now, He lunged forward screaming as he tried to swing his axe down on Mari, hard. It collided but it hit against Mari's armour; and his damage had mitigated. Causing his strike to barely scratch her. Mari shoved him off, backing away from Jacob, the man followed. She wanted to get as much distance between himself and the child as possible, whilst still having Jacob in her sights. 

Mari's blue eyes flicked to Jacob then back to the man, she gritted her teeth. "He is just a child  you sick monster." She sprang fourth, the man tried to strike her down again but Mari was agile, she jumped up over the axe and picked up her blade, in one quick motion she slashed across his arm - a deep red gash appeared on him. "Tch. Leave now before you get seriously hurt."

Jacob 11/11 HP  Paralyzed 2/2 turns
Mari 53/53 HP
PKer: 36/45

Murderer Battle Dice Roll: 7
dam 3 -2=1

Mari Battle Dice Roll: 5+2=7
Damage: 9

Perma Roller ID #5207

Jacob heard the colliding of armor and blades. He heard the noise of ripping flesh. He managed to turn himself over to look at them fighting. Mari seemed to have pushed the man away from Jacob. He then looked at Mari who looked deadlier then ever. Even scary looking. She held her blade and the man had many red gashes on his body. Jacob still wasn't able to help Mari. He struggled. He had never been paralyzed before. The man stayed consistent with trying to kill both of them.

The man didn't listen. He just continued forward to try and attack Mari, he hit her again, this time Mari blocked the strike with her arm and his axe bounced uselessly off her gauntlets. "You don't have to die here today. No one does." Mari said, as she flipped the dagger around in her hand. "You're lucky I am in a good mood - and allowing you to leave."

The man roared and went to turn around and charge at Jacob. "Oh no you don't..." Mari hissed as she grabbed hold of his collar and pulled him back. Jabbing her dagger in his side, she twisted it and he gave a startled cry. "WHY are you doing after a child?" Mari asked a second time.

Jacob 11/11 HP  Paralyzed 1/2 turns
Mari 51/53 HP
PKer: 29/45

Murderer Battle Dice Roll: 8-2=6
dam 3 -2=1

Mari Battle Dice Roll: 4+2=6

Perma Roller ID #5226

Mari was able to land a blow on the man again. Jacob seen the man's life go to its half way mark-ish. The man noticed this to. He kicked Mari back making her land in the snow and said "Get of me (censored)Bitch(censored). These then took out a sword. He also threw his axe at Jacob barely missing. This sword appeared to be gleaming. "Now who is going to die tonight? Its that boy!" Jacob began to feel to be able to move. Barely he was able to reach his blade and get on his knee. He was able to move again.

Mari 51/53

Jacob 11/11 0/2 turns left of paralysis

PKer 29/45

Mari fell back into the snow, she gritted her teeth - not expecting him to lash out and kick her like that. Was a shame, he was a better aim with his leg than his axe. It was clear that the man preyed only on the weak players, perhaps even only children. He seemed to throw away his axe and pull out a sword. "eh?" Mari wondered why he was fluent in two weapons. It was possible...but not common, as you'd sacrifice strength for versatility. Mari shook her head. 

"No, it's not, I'm sorry, I tried to reason with you."

Mari, being a performer had acrobatic skills, she took a few steps forward before doing a frontal flip, using the PKers back as a springboard so she could land in front of him. She thrust her dagger deep into his chest. She was now blocking his path to Jacob.

"Jacob." Mari began, not taking her eyes off the killer. She was using a stern, serious tone of voice. "Go back to the safe zone. He can't enter there."

Jacob 11/11 HP 
Mari 51/53 HP
PKer: 20/45

Mari Battle Dice Roll: 8 + 2 = 10

Perma Roller ID #5369

ID 5835 BD 10 critical

OOC he's frozen for two turns.

Jacob rose up all the way watching Mari do a front flip stabbing the man. Mari wanted him to back off. To run away. But Jacob didnt. Jacob grabbed his blade and focused on the man. "You hurt Mari!" He shouted. His hair fell in front of his eyes. His blade then began to glow red. He the shouted "Move Mari!" He then came in sprinting then he stabbed the man with such force he flew back five feet away in the snow. Now he stood in front of Mari. Jacob evil eyes the frozen man. Don't touch my friend!" He shouted.

Jacob 13/13

Mari 51/53

PKer 15/45

(sorry for late reply: and Jacob you cannot freeze the PKer with your weapon so he is not frozen for 2 turns; please keep in mind the weapons stats: see now he is frozen/paralysed with my weapons stats and my dice roll, but your weapon does not have a paralysis attribute on it. If you need help clarifying weapon stats just PM me : 3 )

Jacob didn't seem to listen, instead he grabbed his blade and aimed it at the PKer; Mari's eyes grew wide in fear. Fear for Jacob being hurt, fear for Jacob wanting to inflict pain on another human, to kill him. Mari shook her head. "Jacob. No." She reached out and placed a hand on Jacob's shoulder. "You're a brave, strong boy, but you need to understand if this man dies here, he will never wake up. Killing is wrong; and a terrible burden to bare. I won't have you take that burden." 

She didn't need to step over Jacob. She simply threw her dagger at the Pker; it landed directly in his chest - and ice began to form over the red gash of data; trailing down his arms and legs till it pinned him to the ground. The PKer was now frozen in place. Mari waltzed over to the man, and pulled out her dagger. "Last chance; you're on death's bed. Will you leave us alone?"

Jacob 11/11 HP 

Mari 51/53 HP
PKer: 5/45

Mari Battle Dice Roll: 9 + 2 = 11
Damage: 10

Perma Roller ID #5777

• 2 months later...

[sorry for not posting for a long time] ID: 12947 BD:9 Critical

Jacob did not listen to Mari. He did not care if he hit him again. All that mattered was that he hurt his only friend. Jacob raised his blade to come finish the man. The man rolled from Mari and stood up. The man looked straight at Jacob and charged his axe glowing. Jaacob closexd his eyes then opened them. He seen Mari's red gash. Then he looked at the man staring back at him. Jacob ran straight at the man arching the blade over his head pointing it at the man's throat. "Never come back," He said to the man. He thrusted the blade through the man's body and he shattered. Shattered, like a ice dropping to the floor at his house. BLue shards filled the air. Jacob felt proud of himself but also he felt a lump form in his throat. He felt proud for feeling he was one step closer to finding his mom. But also he had killed the man.

Mari 79/79

Jacob 13/13

Pker Dead/Dead

Mari's eyes widened as Jacob ignored her, and - as luck would have it - dealt the finishing blow. Jacob killed the man. Jacob, a child, a mere, innocent child killed him. Mari shook her head, her hands shaking as her dagger dropped from her hand. "JACOB!" Mari screamed, distressed as she grabbed Jacob's hand, pulling his axe away from it, and tossing the Axe to the side. "Jacob WHY?" Mari asked, clearly upset by his actions. "Do you have ANY idea what you have just done? What did I tell you?" She stressed, "Why didn't you listen?"