(OP-F4) Am I Weak (Completed, Please Lock)

Tyrius was doing his thing, jogging around on trails and open fields, and had been thinking about his level a whole lot. As he ran, the same thought kept bothering him, You aren't helping the game make progress, you are just goofing around and wasting time. You are not even strong. This continued for about thirty more minutes until Tyrius was getting tired and using his body became near impossible.

He flopped down on the snow on the side of a trail and, upon impact, fell asleep. As he slept, he dreamed of the people he had met, the things he had done, and his real life. Eventually, he woke up, and judging by how dark it was, he knew it was night time. A bad time to be out solo. Tyrius stood up and started running down the trail again, thinking that he would eventually run into a town or something.

Air closed her dark blue eyes and walked around Floor 4. She loved winter and Floor 4 was the closest to it, and perfect for someone like Air. She kept one hand on her sword just in case since she was in a field. It was night and Air knew it was dangerous and kind of stupid to be out by herself but she just couldn't help it. Besides Air likes being alone anyway so it wasn't like she had or wanted any friends to accompany her in the first place. Air didn't notice the player running towards her, and they didn't notice her either due to the dark atmosphere. In a split-second Air found herself on the ground with a throbbing pain in her head and she placed a hand to the place where she was hit. "Ugh! Watch where you're going next time!" She complained and moaned, rather annoyed, but not wanting to cause a fight.

Tyrius staggered back after he collided with a previously unnoticed figure. He could barely see in the dark, but could make out a figure lying on the ground. "Oh well, please forgive me!" he said, hoping that he didn't just start a fight. He offered his hand to help the player up, and lowered his head so as to not meet the glare he was expecting. He said, with obvious fear, "Hey, if you are a higher level, hell, if you're a lower level, please don't be angry at me. I don't want to fight, okay?" Then he started thinking, and said, "Are you lost? It's not safe to be out at night..."

Air accepted the hand held out to her and climbed back up onto her feet. "I don't want to fight either, so let's keep it that way." She replied to his comment about fighting. She hated everything about fighting, it was pointless, dangerous, and plain stupid. "And I'm far from lost. I should be asking you the same question with the way you were running. At nighttime." Air pointed out. She placed both hands on her hips annoyed at the other player but not angry.

When the player who sounded like a female, Tyrius couldn't judge appearance at night, responded by saying that she, too, did not seek a battle, he relaxed a bit. As the girl mentioned that he was also out at night, he said, "Well, long story short, I have been jogging all day, and took a nap. When I awoke, I began running again. That was about fifteen minutes ago, though." He took a step back, so as to not be awkwardly close and said, smiling, "Well, since we already shook hands, I may as well introduce myself. The name's Tyrius." As he said that, he did a little bow and stood back up.

Air rolled her eyes at his story. She wanted to ask who slept in a death game, or who even thought of doing so outside of a safe zone but decided to keep those questions to herself. She waited before telling him her name. It's not like she could hide it. "I'm Air." Air bit her lip not being so used to talking to people let alone telling them her name so quickly. She didn't trust others... it was almost impossible to anyway. Especially in Sword Art Online. "Do you need help getting back to town?" Air asked not wanting to be alone and night, but also not wanting Tyrius to accompany her. It wasn't that he was a bad person; he actually seemed nice Air just doesn't like people in general. I need allies... here's a good start. Air told herself and sighed at the truth.

Tyrius nodded as she said her name, and said to her in response, "That makes me look bad. I ran into Air." He looked at her and said, hoping he hadn't hurt her feelings, "It's funny, because air is something all around us. Sorry if that came across as rude." He thought for several seconds at her question, and said, "I'm not lost, just wandering, and running I guess. I haven't been to a town so there's no going back to one. I prefer staying out at night, just gotta be careful." He stopped babbling and took a moment to think over what he said. Maybe he made no sense, but this girl would just have to decipher his words for herself.

Air smiled a little a Tyrius's joke after he explained the meaning behind it, and she was surprised it actually had a sensible reason. She was never one for jokes but found this one to be a bit humorous. Air nodded when he spoke about staying out at night and being careful. "I like being out at night too. It's peaceful... Though you never really know what's gonna happen." She stopped for a second. "Like our encounter." Air noted and crossed her arms, staring at what she thought were Tyrius's eyes in the dark. "Usually I'm not so friendly or talkative, it's rare that I didn't just push you away. Consider that a compliment." Air wondered why she was acting so sociable, maybe it was because before other people were too childish or annoying to deal with. Maybe I'm just feeling nice. She told herself.

Tyrius nodded at her as she spoke, and found himself wondering what she looked like, because it was so dark. He noticed movement, but could only guess that she had re-positioned herself for comfort. As she finished speaking, he said, "Trying to push me would just have been another 'social' interaction for me. I'm pretty sure I've had swords pointed at me, and threats directed towards me." He thought back to one of his past breakdowns and how Celes had pointed her weapon at him, and said, "Not a sword, a spear, my bad." He felt like this standing in the middle of a field talking thing was a bit unsafe, and said with concern, "Hey, wouldn't it be a good idea to go to some nearby village or something? You know, somewhere you can't get hurt. I have this odd feeling that something is nearby..."

Air wondered what Tyrius was talking about when he corrected him. Spear? Was he attacked? She decided to think about it more later, or maybe even ask if he was up to explaining. Air looked around when he mentioned thinking something was around. Even she felt as if there were, not that she was scared, but Air was now more focused on the area around her. A shadow moved out of the corner of her eye and Air spun around to see what it was, surprised when nothing was there. "Yeah... maybe something is lurking around. I think you may of jinxed us Tyrius."

Tyrius lowered his voice to a whisper then, and said loud enough for Air to hear, "To my left, about twenty five feet away, are what looks like the silhouettes of two guys. Do you see them? Anyways, I think we have eavesdroppers, or worse." Tyrius took a couple of steps and positioned himself between the players he was sure he saw and Air. As he stood there, the silence enveloping the two, he heard several footsteps and was not surprised to see two figures come running up, apparently holding swords from the look of it. "Air, what level are you?" he asked as they approached. He needed to know if she could handle herself.

Air already had a hand on her rapier, ready to fight. "I'm only level one, but don't let that fool you. I'm capable of handling myself you know." She whispered back feeling confident. She knew Tyrius was a higher level as she got closer but didn't mind. It just meant more protection on her half. "I just... can we wait until they attack? I don't like fighting. Perhaps if they're willing to talk it out we can solve this issue?" Air asked her words lacking the confidence she had earlier. Air hadn't come to Sword Art Online for the fighting. But now she found herself in do-or-die situations everyday.

(ID 5488, BD 10, MOB 8)

Sadly, Tyrius didn't want to fight either, but that didn't look like an option. These guys were gaining ground at an extreme speed, and Tyrius knew petty conversation was not going to happen. "Air, these guys look really low level. I think they are just level one, but I'm not for sure." Eventually, when the guys were close enough, Tyrius lunged towards the weaker one, cleaving him into two separate pieces (1 base damage, 2 from OneHandedCurvedSword, 2 from scoring a critical). Tyrius swore in anger, he had only meant to maim him, and now a life was taken. Tyrius looked at Air and said, "Try not to kill him. Please." 

He looked down at his abdominal area, and saw a large orange gash. He swore again, but was glad he had such high HP, or else that could have been more dangerous. He knew their weapons were weak and said, "This guy has his starter weapon, so we should have to much of an issue."

Tyrius 15/17

Air 7/7

Bandit 1 (level 1) 0/5 DECEASED

Bandit 2 (level 2) 7/7

Air watched Tyrius... kill another player. She gasped and almost dropped her rapier. Air gripped the handle as hard as she possibly could. He seems to feel bad about it. That's good. She did gather up a little bit of anger when she saw Tyrius hurt but that wasn't enough, it never would be. "I'll try to only hurt him. I promise." The second bandit didn't show any remorse for the other player that had burst into crystal shards.

ID = 5490 Battle Dice = 3 Craft Dice = 7 Loot Dice = 14 Mob Dice = 1

Air mustered up as much strength as she could and swung, but lost her grip again and missed. The bandit attacked her afterwards but luckily they missed too. She shook her head and looked away, still in defense stance. "I-I don't think I can."

-Party-

Tyrius 15/17 health points

Air 7/7 health points {Level 2 Bandit misses}

-Enemy-

Level 1 Bandit {killed by Tyrius}

Level 2 Bandit 7/7 health points

(ID 5491, BD 10, MOB 2)

This is really bad, he thought, she has to stay calm. Well, so do I. Tyrius knew that no matter how hard he hit this second guy, it wouldn't kill him. So, intent on crippling, Tyrius decided to dive at the guy, cutting clean through his legs and cutting them off (1 base damage, 2 from OneHandedCurvedSword, 2 from scoring a critical), and roll away to a safe distance to be sure. The bandit was laying on the ground now, unable to move effectively due to having two less, but still attempted to swing his sword at Tyrius. The swing was clumsy though, and had no chance at actually harming him. "Th-there," Tyrius said, scared that he may have permanently ruined this player's life, "I think he is sufficiently damaged." Crap, he thought, now I sound like some sort of machine, willing to kill, or almost completely kill. 

Tyrius turned and looked at Air, dropping his sword, "We need to get him somewhere safe. But first-" at that moment, he approached the crippled player and kicked the sword out of their hands, "they need disarmed." He asked Air with uncertainty, "Would you be willing to watch over them with me tonight?"

Tyrius 15/17

Air 7/7

Bandit 1 (DECEASED, killed by Tyrius)

Bandit 2 (critically injured, level 2) 2/7

Air watched as the bandit's legs were cut off with wide eyes. She frowned and furrowed her brows. "Yeah, I'll help you. But where are we going to go?" She agreed with Tyrius's decision, watching over the bandit was the best choice. Air wasn't just going to leave them out in the open with... no legs. "D-Don't limbs grow back over time?" She asked, taking one arm of the enemy waiting for Tryius to wrap the other arm around his neck. She wasn't strong enough herself to carry the bandit even with the game-mechanics that made almost everything seem close to weightless. He didn't seem to be resisting at all by now; the bandit just closed his eyes and a scowl was plastered onto his face.

Tyrius saw that she was already trying to pick up the bandit, and Tyrius moved to do his respective job. "Yeah, limbs should grow back. Which is why I took his legs. Speaking of," he looked at the bandit and said, "I'm sorry about you're legs, and you're friend, too." He thought for several moments on where to go and said with a touch of doubt, "Maybe there's a village nearby. This guy doesn't have much of a chance anywhere else." He knew they had to leave this place though, because for all they knew, there were more bandits around. He gestured towards a path near the field and said, "Perhaps we should start off that way." 

"Let's." Air nodded her head and tried her best to carry the bandit on her side. She was a frail, weak girl and even though she tried her best to get stronger it never really helped. The path Tyrius had mentioned wasn't too far away and both were walking on it in no time. The bandit kept quiet for the mean time. Air guessed he either felt ashamed or embarrassed about what had happened. Air felt bad for the poor guy but was disappointed that someone could just attack random players for no real reason. A village fortunately came into view after a few minutes of travelling. They were going a little slow but that was because Air was having trouble keeping up. She hoped Tyrius didn't notice much or at all if possible. "Just ahead I bet there's an inn or something if that's what you had in mind."

Tyrius saw the village, and wanted to quicken his pace, but held back seeing as the girl beside him didn't appear too strong. He adjusted his arm around the bandit, and grunted to make it seem as though he were struggling a bit, too. As the girl mentioned taking him to an Inn, Tyrius shook his head up and down, agreeing. He thought back, and said, "I only have 40 col on me. Let's hope that much will do." Tyrius kept on walking with Air, and couldn't help but admire her ability to accept what was thrown at her.

She had run into a stranger, witnessed him kill a player, and was now helping said stranger carry an injured bandit to an inn. He frowned and, as they approached the inn door, said, "I'm sorry about how this turned out." Tyrius grunted once more as he took the bandit from Air and carried him in his arms. "Air, could you get the door, please?"

Air watched Tyrius struggle and it made her feel better. She couldn't tell it was just a façade. Though when Tyrius mentioned money Air did feel bad because he didn't seem to have a lot to spend and she was broke herself. When they were in front of the inn, Air slowly let go of the bandit upon Tyrius's request and moved to open the door. The inn was rather small and quiet, on the inside a few stared at first but most were too involved in their own holiday celebrations to notice. She pointed to a man behind a counter. "You could set him down and pay for the room." Air suggested knowing she wouldn't be strong enough to just stand and hold the helpless bandit while she waited for him to pay.