(OP-F4) Am I Weak (Completed, Please Lock)

Tyrius stepped inside and made his way to a seat near the counter, and said to the bandit in a whisper, "Forgive me." The bandit grunted, and that answer was good enough for Tyrius. He turned to Air and smiled before walking up to the man behind the counter. "Excuse me, sir, but what is the cheapest room you have, my, uh... buddy over there sustained serious injury, and needs a place to stay." The man looked at the bandit and said with sympathy, "I understand. I was in the army, and nearly lost a few friends myself. I have a room for 35 col, if that's okay. It's at the back of the hall to my right." Tyrius sighed in relief and looked over at Air, "Alright, we got our friend a room!" 

He took the 35 col out of his inventory and payed for the room. After he was given the key he tossed it to Air, then he walked over to the bandit and picked him back up. He looked down the hall right past the counter and said, "Let's get him to his room, Air."

Air caught the key and made sure Tyrius had the bandit in his arms before rushing forward to their room to unlock and open the door for him. The room had one double bed, 2 chairs, a table stand and lamp. There was one small window but it only had a view of half of the sky and the brick building next to it. It was warm despite being cheap which was nice. Air stood to the side to make sure Tyrius had enough room to get himself and the person he was carrying through. She shut the door behind them quietly and sat in a chair near the window. "If you want to sleep I'll stay up." Air offered not exactly feeling tired or up for sleeping at the moment.

Tyrius watched her take a seat as he set the bandit down in bed, covering him up with the sheet and blanket provided. Whenever she offered to stay let Tyrius sleep while she was awake, he assumed that she wanted to think about the recent events. He nodded to her and said, "Yeah, I'll sleep, I guess. If anything seems wrong though, don't be afraid to wake me up." Tyrius looked at the wounded bandit and noticed that he was already asleep. Tyrius walked over to Air and said, "Actually, just go to sleep for a couple of hours, then YOU can get some rest. Besides, I had taken a nap earlier, remember? I have to get myself right with the higher powers in life, anyways."

Air looked up at Tyrius. "Alright." She simply replied before standing up. Air opened her inventory and took off her chest plate and boots since both were really bothering her at the moment. She sat down again and curled up in the seat, resting her head on the window sill. All she could do was stare at the legless bandit and feel guilty. It felt wrong but Tyrius did what he had to, so that they would be safe. "If someone came up to me claiming they knew the future and told me I would be in a room with another person watching over someone who'd attacked me with no legs... I would roll my eyes and try my hardest not to laugh." She said to Tyrius attempting to be funny. It worked for her because after her comment Air smiled.

Tyrius grinned too. It was true. He had simply been jogging around, and did not expect his day to go the way it did at all. He sat down in the other chair, which was right next to the lamp at the foot of the bed, and looked at the floor. Where else could he look? Not at the bandit, that would just make him feel worse. Not at Air, he felt like that would just bother her. So the floor it was. As he sat there, he thought back to the bandits who had kept him prisoner for a short while. And then back to all the times he had wanted to kill.

Tyrius clenched his fists and closed his eyes, trying to hold back the tears that were about to come up. He had done it, he had actually killed. But it was in self defense, right? He had not only killed that player to protect himself, but Air too. But he had killed, he had taken away the very life essence of another living person. He stood up, not caring that the tears were flowing, and unsheathed his sword. He set it down in the corner of the room before returning to his seat.

He turned off the lamp, hoping that it would help Air to sleep, but also so she couldn't see his tears.

Air watched Tyrius until he turned off the lamp. She wasn't so good at noticing other people's feelings or understanding facial expressions and was completely oblivious to his tears. She thanked him for saving her in a way and said goodnight before closing her eyes. The glass window was freezing to the touch but the room was warm so the temperature was balanced out. I hope his limbs grow back by morning. I don't feel like being a baby-sitter for much longer. She thought. But I think Tyrius might be my first friend so at least something good came out of all of this. Air thought about it for a little while before coming to the conclusion that Tyrius was the first person that she'd talked to for more than a few minutes other than her adoptive mother. She smiled and made a joke in her mind before falling asleep. Look at me, being social, making friends.