[SP-F1] Earning a Living: Blacksmith (Oikawa "The Faint")

Within the walls of the Starting City, there was a nice cozy inn located in the central plaza. Inside this Christmas outfitted inn, sat a troubled young player having an internal debate with himself about some personal qualms. This player is . . . Oikawa "The Faint".

I'm sick of being a weak link man. Then do something about it chump... What the? Who are you? How'd you get in my head?  I'm your Inner Bad*ss dummy. Now stop complaining like a weak link and go get stronger. I would if i could, but my weapons are still common and I'm still at such a low level...Go buy something from a blacksmith, then go challenge a wolf pack...duh...Or better yet become your own blacksmith, make a better weapon, then go challenge a wolf pack. Why are you so obsessed with wolf packs? Does this have something to do with our encounter with that lone wolf in the field? Never speak of that... it wasn't a pleasant outing. Anyway, become a blacksmith. Then you could make what ever we desire. I like how you switch from us being individuals to us being one entity. Anyway, I agree having a profession could be an easy way to net some extra cash and like you said, we could make any weapon and armor we want. I'll give it a try. That's what I like to hear. Inner Bad*ss out. Try not to need me....

Now that that's settled, I guess I should make a list of some materials I might need...

Still sitting in the Inn, Oikawa decided to pan out a small starter list of items he'd need to make a new rapier.

"Hmmmmm.... maybe something made from wolf blood? Ohh what about boar tusks? I feel like I'm forgetting something important though" Oikawa pondered. Thinking a bit more, What could it be? Ehh if it was important, I'll remember it later. "Anywho, If I can make something of decent quality, it may result in a weapon strong enough to slay monsters easily. Lets give myself some wiggle room just in case I mess up the first time. 2 drops of wolf blood and 2 sets of boar tusks. Sounds easy enough," exclaimed the eager young man.

Getting up from his table, Oikawa, set out the front door. "Ack! Man that sunlight is bright" stated the slightly blinded player as he covered his eyes so they could adjust. Finally getting use to the sun rays, Oikawa headed off east towards the forest section of the grasslands.

"Welp, I only need to collect 4 things. That shouldn't be to hard right?" he thought out loud to himself.

A few turns and a half later, Oikawa arrived to the gate leading tot he grasslands. Noting that there was some forestry straight ahead and a small stream to his right, he thought. "Well should I head straight for the wolf blood in the forest or try to obtain the boar tusks first? The boar tusks is probably a safer bet. I'll start with those first.

Making his way to the stream, he observed more of his surroundings. A little further ahead, he counted out 3 scattered boar, a weird rock formation to his immediate right and the aforementioned forestry and stream back to his left.

"Welp here goes nothing" he murmured as he rushed head on for the first boar.

Noticing some random player come rushing at it , the Boar turned around and prepared to strike.

~Enemy~

Boar: HP-4/4 DMG-1

~Party~

Oikawa: HP-5/5 DMG-2

OOC: I'm still counting myself as a level one since in none of the 4 RP's I'm participating in, have I done anything that would allow me to level up.

IC:

Scrambling its energy together, the Boar rushed Oikawa. Raising its tusks right before they collided, it tried to stab the player in the chest.

ID #: 5409

B: 8 | C: 7 | L: 11 | MOB: 2

Seeing the boar raise it tusks, Oikawa jumped up into a somersault, drawing his rapier and aiming down at the creature. Using his momentum, he stabbed the helpless pig in the back. Dealing 2 points of damage. Pulling out his sword from the body of the pig, Oikawa back stepped to keep a safe distance.

~Enemy~

Boar: HP- 2/4 DMG-1

~Party~

Oikawa: HP- 5/5 DMG-2

ID #: 5411

BD: 1 | CD: 10 | LD: 10 | MD: 7

Recovering from the blow it just received, the infuriated Pumbaa, rushed Oikawa again. This time pointing his tusk directly at him. Picking up speed as it zig-zagged across the short distance between them, it had no problems connecting its tusks with Oikawa's stomach.

"Ack" exclaimed Oikawa, as the rushing furball impaled him with it's tusks. Trying to swing wildly at it, as it kept pushing him closer and closer to the rock formation, Oikawa sliced nothing but air.

~Enemy~

Boar: HP- 2/4

~Party~

Oikawa: HP- 4/5

ID #: 5420

BD: 10 | CD: 8 | LD: 17 | MD: 8

Having the player right where it wanted, the boar dug in its hooves and pushed off the ground. Throwing the bow right into the rock formation.

"Arggh" screamed the player as he received another point of damage. "D*mn pig! ". Picking himself up, Oikawa took a guard stance. Then lunging once again, he struck the boar across the face. Landing a Super Critical hit, dealing 4 damage (2 damage + 2 Super Critical Hit damage).

The Boar exploded into digi-dust, and a bright orb remained where it once was. Walking over, Oikawa proceeded to claim his prize. A system notification the appeared on his hub. [Oikawa- The Faint has received 20 Col and 1 Mat] [Oikawa- The Faint has Leveled Up to Level 3!]

"Wooohooo " yelled the young man as he claimed his first victory and first material on his list.

~Enemy~

Boar: HP- -2/4

~Party~

Oikawa: HP- 3/5 (3/9 now)

"My HP is dangerously low. I should probably head back to the Inn." Checking his inventory to make sure all was good, Oikawa decided to head back to the Christmas Inn.

Upon arriving at the Inn, he asked the NPC behind the front desk if he could buy a room for the next couple of nights. Happily, the Innkeeper set him up in a nice room on the second floor. Furnished with a bed, a shower, a small chair, a desk and even a tv. "Before I go, the room will be 10 col per night. Enjoy your stay!" said the Innkeeper as he handed me the key and returned downstairs.

"Well seeing as there is still some daylight out, I should go buy some healing supplies for tomorrow. I hope they aren't to costly!"

Taking a short jog down the stairs leading out of the Inn, I began to think some more. What if potions are more than I thought? Where would I even find them? This is rather troublesome...Reaching the front door, I opened it and felt the cool crisp air as it blew my blond bangs in an upward fashion. Maybe I should invest in a beanie haha! Anyway admiring how peaceful the city looked as it neared dusk, I strolled through the plaza looking for signs that may lead me to a shoppe. 

Finally reaching a place called Hoel California, I opened the door to the smell of holiday cookies and good deals. Scanning the shelves for potions, I finally found the stack of healing potions. "Healing Potions heal 5 HP. Requires 1 post. Price for customer: 450 Col. Well looks like I'll be getting a good nights rest. Seeing as I only have 20 Col" I laughed. Marking the shoppe in my map, I began the trek back to the Inn. 

Well I still need 3 more mats before i return to the guild board. I will collect what I need tomorrow I guess. Shuffling my feet in the light snow I took a minute to enjoy the frosty air before opening the door to the Inn. Pushing myself to my room, I hadn't realized how tired I was. "Yeah I definitely need sleep. Alarm set for 8 a.m. tomorrow? Set" I answered myself. Turning off the lights, I felt my way to the bed and laid their peacefully. Drifting off into sleep...

*BLERP* *BLERP* *BLERP*

Hazy eyed and groggy, I brought up the menu to silence my alarm. Opening my inventory, I selected a piece of bread and a bottled water from my starter kit. I watched as the food and drink materialized in my hands. Eagerly taking a few bites, I realized that this bread was the blandest thing I've ever tasted. "This could use any type of condiment", I muttered to myself. Finishing the last of the bread in a couple bites, I opened the bottle of water and took a few sips. "Well now that I have something on my stomach and I'm a little energized, lets get down to business."

Heading down the steps I checked the time once more. "8:15 am... lets see if I can finish my quest by 4 pm today." With that, I headed out the door...

I was greeted with a nice breeze as I opened the door. The aroma of holiday cheer, fresh baked goods, and snow,  filled the air with a calming scent.

Making squishing noises as I crushed snow beneath my feet as I hastily returned to the grassland, I could feel my breaths grow heavier. Blowing my bangs out my face the wind didn't make it any easier to inhale. I arrived to the gate in about 10 minutes. Gasping for air, I headed outside the safe zone. Well that didn't take long... I thought to myself as I recalled how easy a task this was, as I had remembered my steps from the night before. It didn't take long for me to return to my hunting grounds. Scouting around, I found a boar grazing on a few grass patches that hadn't been completely snowed over. Wasting no time, I engaged the beast.

"You're mine you over-sized pork sausage!" I yelled as I dashed after it.

ID #: 5469

BD: 1 | CD: 3 | LD: 3 | MD: 10

Looking up, the boar began squealing and prepared to charge. As I fluidly unsheathed my rapier I lunged at the boar. Apparently that thing is smarter than it looks, because it side stepped my attack and then hooked the side of my rib cage. Dealing 3 damage. Throwing me down with one smooth turn of its head, I tucked and rolled to the right of the beast. I clutched my ribs that were now throbbing in pain. That stupid thing nearly broke a rib. Gah I gotta take this seriously..

"Alright pig, I'm done toying with you.." I stated as I stood up still clutching my side. Taking my best defensive stance I waited for the Boar to make its next move.

~Enemy~

Boar: 5/5

~Party~

Oikawa: 6/9

ID #: 5470

BD: 3 | CD: 3 | LD: 1 | MD: 6

The Boar tilted his head to the right, eyeing me up, then it crouched low and with a weird burst of speed it rushed at me. Right before its tusk connected with my knee, I spun to my left, Receiving a minor graze and taking 1 damage for my carelessness. Exiting my spin I attempted to do a rolling thrust. Missing by a landslide, we more or less had just switched places. This can't be happening. Why can't I kill this measly creature?

Regaining my defensive stance, I prepared for the boars next strike.

~Enemy~

~Party~

Oikawa: 5/9

ID #: 5471

BD: 2 | CD: 2 | LD: 19 | MD: 6

Rushing me head on this time, I braced myself. Grabbing his tusks on impact I received another point of damage, "You are really pissing me off Boar" I exclaimed as I realized I might lose my life to this wretched beast. Maybe I was too bold and cocky... No! I can't give up just yet. I still have 4 HP. I can do this. 

Holding on tightly, I thought to myself. I refuse to let this Boar mess me up any further mentally or physically.

~Enemy~

~Party~

Oikawa: 4/9

ID #: 5472

BD: 7 | CD: 5 | LD: 17 | MD: 9

Not having any of my crap, the boar exhibited some crazy strength as he raised me up with pure power alone and tossed me into the dirt. Receiving 2 more points of damage, I really began to worry about my safety. I really don't want to die like this, not against a boar. On top of that, if I die in here ...I ...die.. in real life.

I picked up my rapier and lunged back at the one thing that stood between life and death. The stupid pig. Sending my rapier through its shoulder blade, I dealt 2 damage. I then jumped back to give us about a 3 foot distance from each other. I took a few more steps back to make it around a 7 foot distance.

"Come at me you b*stard!" I exclaimed. Feeling numb. I willed myself to keep fighting.

~Enemy~

Boar: 3/5

~Party~

Oikawa: 2/9

ID #: 5474

BD: 10 | CD: 9 | LD: 13 | MD: 5

Squealing with what seemed like delight at the challenge, the Boar came crashing at me. Since the distance wasn't huge I turned my face and stuck my rapier straight forward. Waiting to hear my demise, I was surprised to hear the sound of digital shards breaking. Looking up, the Boar was no where to be seen. I looked at where my sword now hung loosely, and noticed there was a shimmering orb floating next to it. "No effin way! I survived? I actually killed it. Being so close to death myself!! The gods of Aincrad have shined down on me!" Picking up what was left of myself I grabbed the orb, getting another notification

[Oikawa- The Faint received 25 Col][ Oikawa- The Faint Leveled Up to Level 4]

Well..thats definitely enough  excitement for one fight. I need to get back to the Inn and relax a bit to heal myself. Having decided on my safest course of action, I limped as quickly as I could back  to the safe confinement known as the Starting City. What should've taken a few minutes, turned into a 30 minute battle and 20 minute limp back home. "Maybe I'm not ready to be a blacksmith yet" I pondered out loud as I opened the door to my room. Opening up my menu, I checked the time. "Its only 9:17 am? Most people aren't even up yet." I murmured as I used my menu to disrobe myself. Heading to the bathroom I started up the shower.

I think I'll shower real quick. Then I'll head down for breakfast. I hope its complimentary! Plus it should help revitalize this body I just mangled up.

Resting my head against the shower wall, I let the warm water droplets cascade my body. This is nice, I don't know how lucky I am that i survived that attack. I need to get stronger...

A few scrubs of soap later...

"Ahh that was definitely what I needed" I stated as I got out of the shower. I began to towel  myself off. Making sure every inch of myself was dry before I re-equipped my armor and weapons. Heading downstairs, I briefly stopped by the front desk to ask about breakfast. 

"So do you guys serve breakfast in the mornings? If so, is it complimentary?"

The Innkeeper replied, "Why yes we do! Continue like you're heading to the front door and make a right. The dining hall will be right there."

"Thank you!" I exclaimed enthusiastically. I made my self a plate and began to wolf down the Christmas themed pancakes and sausage. I even decided to pour myself a cup of eggnog. Having my fill, I stretched out and relaxed a bit.

10:00 a.m.

After eating and relaxing for a bit. Oikawa sat up and pondered for a bit. 

Well I may not have gotten all the items I wanted but at least I got 1 mat. It was only required that I get 1 mat anyway. Hmm should I give it one more attempt? I don't know.... last time I nearly got myself killed... *sigh*

Not wanting to dwell on it anymore, I decided that to be on the safe side, I should just turn in my 1 mat to the Quest Keeper. Getting up, I dumped my plate and headed for the door.

"Ahh before I forget.." I shuffled back to the front desk and handed the Innkeeper my room key and 10 col. I then gave an extra 15 col for the breakfast and accommodations.

[Oikawa-The Faint gave 25 Col] 20/45 left.

Back on track, I headed for the Quest Hall. 

I opened the door of the Inn and stepped out to the familiar feeling of lightly crushed snow. Brushing my bangs from my eyes, I headed towards north.

"If I recall correctly the Quest hall should be around here somewhere" I mumbled as I strolled throughout the city with a casual pace. Walking for about 5 more minutes, I approached a looming building clamoring with players here and there. I watched as they bustled in out claiming rewards and accepting new challenges.

*Sigh* "This is gonna take a while huh?" not answering my own question, I trudged to the giant wooden double doors and pushed them open. Inhaling the smell of Christmas scented candles, I searched for the line leading to the Quest-keeper. Finding it to my left, I hustled to get in line seeing as it was a short wait.

"Oh wow, only 3 people in line not bad" I said as I waited patiently in line.

"NEXT" yelled the man behind the counter of the quest reward center.

"What can I do for you today?" asked the NPC. "Well, yesterday I came in and accepted a quest to become a blacksmith. I brought my 1 material needed to show that the quest is completed." bringing up the menu, I selected the Mat from my inventory, and watched as it materialized onto the counter. I then pushed the item to the NPC, "Here ya go" .

"Alright, name?" asked the NPC. "Oikawa-The Faint" I answered. I blushed a little realizing that I nicknamed myself unintentionally. "alright this will be filed and we will have your reward ready for you tomorrow. Thank you and have a nice day" said the man at the counter.

"Thanks" I replied simply. Taking my leave, I headed back to the Inn. Guess I shouldn't have turned in my key just yet haha.

For the rest of the day I dozed off and read up on the dungeon that housed the boss for this level. "Well I definitely need to level up before I even attempt to challenge that dungeon" I'm ready for tomorrow to be here already. I'm ready to start my career... My last thoughts as I drifted off into sleep.

Waking up relatively earlier, I got ready for the start of some thing new. Rushing down the stairs and skimping out on breakfast, I headed straight for the Quest hall.

Arriving early, there was many players in the building at all. Approaching the counter, I asked the man if my reward was ready. "Excuse me sir, would my reward happen to be available?"

"Name?" he asked. "Oikawa-The Faint" I replied. "Ahh yes here you go" he stated as he handed me an orb, a paper with the address of the shop, and a set of keys to open it up.

Grasping the orb, I gave him my thanks and headed out the door. Finally!!! I can finally start forging new armors and weapons. I excitedly went to the listed address which seemed to be just west of the Inn I had been staying in. Opening the front door of the shop, i was slammed with the smell of dust and mildew. "Well it'll be work but I'll have this place up and running in no time," I stated as i searched for cleaning supplies. Finding the supply closet I set out to clean the place up.