[SP-F1] [COMPLETE]Material Raid Adventure (More Like Near Death Experience ...)

Material Raid Adventure:

Objective: Collect Materials for shop and Level Up.

Crisp winds whipped through air as I trudged through the  snow white grasslands. Having made a list of materials I needed, I had decided that I was going to mine and grind for a bit. "I need to find the dungeon entrance. I heard there are clusters of ore in that area. I could mine those for a bit then maybe I can grind a level or 2", he said as he got closer and closer to the northern edge area. On second thought, maybe I should grind the forest first. Then head for that dungeon. I heard it can get pretty nasty down there. Making up my mind, I began heading northwest to the forest.

Progress on Material Collecting:

Material Gathering List:

[2/2] Wolf Fur (Post #: 4)

[7/8] Ore (Post #: 5, 15 [x2], 17, 18, 19 [x2])

[1/1] Wolf Blood (Post #: 10)

[1/3] Boar Tusk (Post #: 16)

1 Good Potion ( Post #: 10 )

As I neared the entrance of the forest, I observed that there were 3 ore formations scattered about the entrance. Walking to the closest one, I attempted to mine it.

ID: 5544 | LD: 8

Hacking away at the first cluster, I realized I was wasting effort. "The core of this formation is riddled with impurities." Moving on to the next one, I checked the dirt around this one. It seemed fine to mine, but I wouldn't know for sure until I made it to the core. I began hacking away at the second formation.

ID: 5546 | LD: 3

Much to my dismay, this one had more impurities than I cared to count. Well this is depressing. I hope this isn't going to become a wasted journey. 

Kicking away the ore bits, I made my way to the last ore formation before the entrance. " Third times the charm right?" I asked myself. Well here goes nothing. I began hacking away at the last ore formation.

ID: 5547 | LD: 4

"Why do the Loot Gods hate me" I yelled.

Suddenly a faint sound came from the gaping entrance to the Forest. The sound of padded footsteps grew louder and louder. *Swoosh *Bursting from the foliage, a Wolf appeared. "I guess all that yelling was a mistake" I commented, as I unsheathed my new rapier. "Lets dance dog!"

~Enemy~

Dire Wolf- 6/6

~Player~

Oikawa- 13/13

I took a guard stance in preparation of the mutts attack. Snarling, it locked eyes with me. We circled one another for a minute or so. Kicking off its hind legs, the Wolf lunged at me.

ID-5548, BD-10, CD-8, LD-19, MD-10

Twisting my torso, I took a bite to the shoulder (Sustained 1 DMG + 2 Super Critical Hit DMG= 3 DMG), however; I used that to my advantage to shoulder drop the Wolf into what was left of the 3rd rock formation (Dealt 4 DMG + 2 Super Critical Hit DMG= 6 DMG). This seemed to be more than enough to kill the wolf, seeing how it exploded into thousands of digital crystals. I pumped my fist in victory. I then proceeded to collect my loot. 

[Oikawa- The Faint received 30 Col and 1 Material (Wolf's Fur)]

~Enemy~

Dire Wolf 0/6 Dead

~Player~

Oikawa- 10/13

"That was a nice warm up, It''ll only get tougher from here." I cracked my knuckles and stretched my back. "Lets do this" I said as I broke into a sprint.  The inside of the forest was lined with hanging vines and loose foliage. I don't know any of the landscape in this area. I stayed relatively close to the entrance, just in case I needed a speedy escape. Scouting the bases of the trees, I notice a weird ore growing from some of them. " They're a pink crystal like rock. I wonder what kind of weapon or armor I can make from those"

I approached one of the trees, and began slashing at the rock structure growing from the bottom of it.

ID: 5550| LD: 15

Suddenly the material began to glow and then it disappeared. I received a notificationshortly after.

[Oikawa-The Faint received 1 Material (Ore)]

"Alright! This was just the luck I needed." I said as I went to the next one. Raising my blade, I attempted to chisel the ore out again. Hopefully my luck will get better from here. I really need to get some of this stuff. I want to stock up so I don't have to make so many field trips to get mats. Man I sound super lazy. Oh well.

ID: 5567 | LD: 2

Swinging my blade down again, I apparently swung to hard because the ore material shattered into tidbits. "What a waste..." I thought out loud. "This is becoming a hassle haha." If I dont get something from this next one, I might just grind for XP then try again tomorrow. Making my way to yet another tree, I tried my luck at mining it.

ID:  5570 | LD: 3

"Blaaaaaaahhhhh to hell with these ores" I shouted out of frustration. Finally fed up with trying to mine, I set out to gain some XP.

I headed back towards the entrance. No sooner than I had reached the exit, 2 baby wolves approached me. Wolf 1 snarled and kicked up some dust. Wolf 2 just sat back and watched. "You must be the alpha outta this pair" gesturing to Wolf 2 but more or less talking to myself. "Welp it can't be helped. I have to slay you both."

In two swift motions, I drew my rapier and raced toward Wolf 1. Accepting my challenge Wolf 1 dashed towards me. Simultaneously, we jumped. Pointing my rapier at the beast I cocked my arm back and thrusted my rapier forward.

ID-5608, BD-8, CD-5, LD-8, MD-7

Stabbing it in the chest, it yelped and fell to the ground (Dealt 4 damage). However, it was no where near finished. Rolling over , the wolf came at me knocking me to the ground and clawing my chest (Received 1 Damage). using my forearm I knocked the wolf off of me. Rolling back wards I stood to a defensive stance. Suddenly Wolf 2 decided to join the fray. " 2 on 1, what're the odds" I chuckled.

~Enemy~

Wolf 1 4/8

Wolf 2 8/8 Didn't attack this turn

~Player~

Oikawa 9/13

Not wasting time Wolf 2 broke into a sprint lunging for my chest. Bringing my rapier up, I attempted to stab it right through the snout.

ID-5609, BD-6, CD-12, LD-12, MD-6

Making it close enough, the wolf settled for a slash at my shoulder (Received 1 damage), seeing as I sent it flying with the hilt of my rapier (Dealt 4 damage). "Come on, you mutts are stronger than this right?" What am I doing? I shouldn't be taunting these bea- " Ack"  I had been jumped by Wolf 1 again.

ID-5610, BD-6, CD-8, LD-7, MD-5

Holding on to my back, the wolf snapped at my head. not giving it a chance to finish its task, I reached behind me and pulled with all my strength to flip the wolf over my shoulder in a takedown move. Then I pierced its torso with my rapier causing it to disintegrate into nonexistent pixels (Dealt 4 damage). "All that's left is you "Alpha" " I said with a grin. Grabbing the orb from Wolf 1, I flicked away the Loot notification. "Lets do this" I said as I lunged forward.

~Enemy~

Wolf 1 0/8 Dead

Wolf 2 4/8 

~Player~

Oikawa 8/13

Pushing my self to max speed, I practically became a blur. Right in the wolfs face, I tried to shove my rapier right down its throat.

ID-5611, BD-8, CD-10, LD-14, MD-8

Succeeding in my act (Dealt 4 damage), I wasn't aware the beast was still hanging on. This of course, came with consequences. Snapping down on my arm, the beast inflicted some more damage before it dispersed like its fallen comrade (Received 1 damage). Grabbing the last wolf;s Loot, I checked my notifications.

[Oikawa- The Faint has Leveled Up to Level 6] [Oikawa- The Faint received 2 Materials (1 Wolf Blood and 1 Wolf Fur), and 1 Good Potion]

"Not bad, if I do say so myself ! I should start making my way back though. I don't want to press my luck." With that I walked out of the forest making my way back to the city.

Oikawa drifted through the greenery that was the Grasslands. Nearly back to the city limits, he spotted a boar. "I can't help myself ? Can I?" Not waiting to answer his own question, he jumped forward in an attempt to strike the pig down. Unfortunately the exact opposite happened. The Boar turned around and charged Oikawa. Sending him tumbling into the dirt (Dealt 1 damage).

ID-5665, BD-5, CD-12, LD-7, MD-7

Pushing himself up, Oikawa declared war on bacon as he prepared to attack the piggy.

~Enemy~

Boar 6/6 

~Player~

Oikawa 7/15

The Boar lowered its head and launched itself at Oikawa. Not prepared for this attack, Oikawa went flying into earth (Received 3 damage). "You wretched Boar, I've seriously had it with you." Lunging forward Oikawa thrusted for the pigs face, but the Boar simply sidestepped, leaving Oikawa to land within the boars vicinity of attack. Turning its head the boar attacked again, but Oikawa was the one to sidestep this time anticipating the Boars attack this time. He then extended his Rapier to try and poach the pig mid air but missed by quite a few inches. Now back on their feet the two prepared to square off again.

First Bout: ID-5666, BD-1, CD-5, LD-17, MD-10

Second Bout: ID-5667, BD-1, CD-6, LD-14, MD-5

~Enemy~

Boar 6/6 

~Player~

Oikawa 4/15

How do I find myself in these near death situations.... I just had to attac the stupid Boar didn't I? Regaining his composure, Oikawa readied his blade. The pig rocked back then leaped into the air. Not getting very high, it still knocked Oikawa backwards as he took yet another point of damage. Lashing out at the pig, the made a series of lunges and retreats resulting in no further damage being taken.

First Bout: ID-5669, BD-3, CD-12, LD-20, MD-6

Second Bout: ID-5670, BD-5, CD-11, LD-20, MD-4

~Enemy~

Boar 6/6 

~Player~

Oikawa 3/15

Seeing as their was only one logical way to get away from this otherwise failure of an attack, Oikawa ran. He ran like his life depended on it, which it did. He didn't look back until he was safely with in the confines of his shop. That is single-handedly my worst showing as a warrior and my greatest disappointment. I have no right to call myself a fighter. Rather a coward. I can't fathom myself for this. Shaking his head, he was only happy that he didnt die. Aside from that he was deeply disappointed in himself. I shall never run away again, I must redeem myself.

First Bout: ID-5671, BD-3, CD-4, LD-9, MD-1

~Enemy~

Boar 6/6 

~Player~

Oikawa 3/15 Fled the battle (Judge Me. 5 dice rolls under 6? I'm literally fighting a losing battle.)

I waited for my HP bar to finish filling up. I was going to make amends with my cowardice. As my HP reached [///////////////} 15/15, I decided to finish my desired quest, or at least some of it. I headed back out the city gates. Searching for some ore formations, I followed a stream up to a nice cluster. Counting out 4 formations I  went to work on mining.

Unsheathing my blade, I attempted to chisel out some ore.

ID: 5752 | LD: 19

Focusing on the critical points of the formation, I uncovered with one hard thrust, a magnificent piece of ore. Making my way to the next formation, I tried my luck at mining it.

ID:  5757 | LD: 18

Succeeding in the same way as before, I was starting to feel my luck had begun to turn around. However my excitement was short lived as I heard the noise of heavy grunts and heavy hooves. Turning around, I realized i was faced with my nemesis, the dreaded Boar. Flicking away my notification for receiving the 2 ores, I prepared to do battle and settle the score.

Apparently still pissed that I fled during our last bout, the Boar lunged at me. This was a costly mistake for the little oinker. I sidestepped its vertical lunge, and in a flash I had unsheathed my rapier and plunged it into the Boars back. Not being finished, I tugged the blade to the opposite end of the Boar, effectively splitting it in half (Dealt 6 Damage. 4 DMG + 2 Super Critical Damage).

ID-5819, BD- 10, CD- 12, LD- 19, MD-3

Dispersing into millipixels I proceeded to collect my loot and finish mining some ore. Does that count as a redemption or what? I think I've truly outdone myself.

[Oikawa received 30 Col and 1 Boar's Tusk (Mat)]

~Enemy~

Boar 0/6 Dead

~Player~

Oikawa 15/15

After properly disposing of the little oinker, I proceeded to finish mining the ore formations. Aiming my rapier, I pointed directly at the next rock formation. Lunging forward I made contact with the formation.

ID: 6004 | LD: 6

Upon contact, I completely shattered the ore formation. Thus yielding no materials. "Well maybe I should try a more subtle approach." Attacking the final formation in the area, I concentrated on a gentle chiseling of the formation.

ID: 6005 | LD: 20

This seemed to work. As I received another notification. [Oikawa-The Faint received 1 Material (Ore)]. Flicking it away, I headed back closer to the forest in hopes of finding newly spawned ore formations. I'm not even going to worry about the Boar Tusks at this point. They're too much of a hassle.

My hunch was right. There were in fact 4 more clusters re-spawned near the entrance. Making sure I didn't attract any unnecessary company I silently began to mine the remaining ore formations. Heading to the first one to the right of me, I was glad that my material hunt was coming to a close. Even if I don't get all the materials I wanted, I still collected quite a few. Aproaching the first formation, I began to chisel out the ore.

ID: 6007 | LD: 7

About a fourth of the way in, I started hitting some weird rock bits. Impurities... Backing up, I head to the next one. "Not gonna waste precious chisel time on impurities." I went to work on the next formation. Patiently I made it half way through...

ID: 6008 | LD: 15

..when I realized this ore was ripe for the picking. Finishing out the chiseling, I received another ore material. "Nice, I'm gonna have so much material after this, it wont even be funny haha!" Beside myself with happiness, I headed to the last two formations on my list before heading home.

Excitedly I began hacking at the third formation. As bits of rock bounced off I waited patiently to see if my attempt would yield any materials.

ID: 6009 | LD: 20

My luck held true as sure enough I obtained a material. "Woohoo just 1 more!" I exclaimed as i made my way to the final formation. I pounded on the formation with the tip of my rapier. Strike. Pause. Strike. Pause. I repeated this process until I had...

ID: 6010 | LD: 17

..my last material. I jumped up and down in excitement. I even began to pat myself on the back at my well done job.

I then set off for home. It won't be safe out here after dark. I better hustle. Taking off in a full sprint, I dashed for the city limits.

[Oikawa-The Faint received 2 Materials (Ore)]

..when I realized this ore was ripe for the picking. Finishing out the chiseling, I received another ore material. "Nice, I'm gonna have so much material after this, it wont even be funny haha!" Beside myself with happiness, I headed to the last two formations on my list before heading home.

Making it safely into the confines of the city yet again, i went inside my shop to document the items I had collected. Thus ending my adventure for materials.

Complete

SP earned: 1

Col gained: 540 (400 [1 RP Page] + 30 [Wolf 6 HP] + 80 [2 Wolves 8 HP] + 30 [boar 6 HP])

Item's obtained

2 Wolf Fur Mat

7 Ore Mats

1 Wolf Blood Mat

1 Boar Tusk Mat

1 Good Potion