[SP-F8] Life's Grand Adventure! #1 Act 1 Complete.

L sang a chipper song to himself as he began walking through the streets of floor 8. He wasn't exactly sure what happened to Mari, and was disturbed by what he saw, however he wasn't going to let something like that get in the way of his happiness. No, he couldn't even remember getting there, how could he let himself take the blame for it? He sighed woefully and started to whistle instead, perhaps he was just trying to drown out his deep sense of dread. 

He wasn't exactly too sure where he was going or what he was doing but he had a large yearning for adventure, like the good old days with Alkor, Argumail and Rue. Something that he could tell other players at the tavern and laugh while keeping them in suspense at the same time. Yes there was definitely something missing, he could feel it and he hope that perhaps an adventure would cheer things up. Alas, he was alone, it couldn't be like the good old days, but perhaps the next time he went into a tavern he could make some friends with his stories. 

He looked down at his sword, it was a large thai machete. "Such a vulgar sword.. I don't even remember getting this thing.." He looked through his stats, he had gotten a huge power boost since he blacked out "I suppose that's what happens when you get amnesia for a good portion of your life" He smirked a little, the phrase in itself had a triple meaning. One meaning being the intended one, another being that his name is Life and the last being a much deeper one which he couldn't put his finger on, unsettling his stomach. His smirked turned into a faint frown, that faint frown however was something he remembered all too well. Ever since coming into the game he had been wearing it like an old sweater. It reminded him that he had extremely low chances of ever seeing his parents again. "I feel like [censored].."

He felt like he was stuck inside an empty shell, something his father always told him If you ever feel hollow inside, search within, deep, deep within. Find that candle, that ever so dim candle.. you loves, your hopes, your dreams! RE IGNITE IT! FIND YOUR PASSION! YOU ARE YOU! NO ONE CAN GET IN THE WAY OF YOUR DREAMS! PICK YOURSELF UP BOY, STOP FEELING SO SORRY FOR YOURSELF! YOU'RE A GOD DAMN MAN! ACT LIKE ONE! He remembered that... that fateful day he found out his mother had left his father and died days later. He was destroyed. His fathers words, always bringing a tear to his eye. 

L lived a rather melancholy life, he worked on the farm, he did chores all day, he studied in his free time so he wouldn't fall behind. It was a hard life for him and he didn't really want to go back to it. Though he missed his father, oh how he missed his father.. The only person in the world he could turn to when he was alone. However, that wasn't the point of why he raised him. No his father taught him to be independent and face up to the challenges, and that's exactly what he'll do. 

L found a new bounce in his step as he headed closer towards Florenthia Village. As he got close enough to see the village he could make out the details. It seemed Florenthia Village was a town suspended by the giant tree branches above a giant deep basin of water below it. He walked over the bridge connecting into the trees inner workings. He stopped at the entrance and brought up a conversation with the npc there. The npc was short dark and manly, a hard worker dedicated to keeping the structure of the Tree well and healthy. 

It began to describe the workings of the towns, its voice was just like its appearance, dark, and manly. "Careful with the waters below young fellow, the waters are perilous and filled with monsters, you really don't want to fall in there. The homes have been made through the use of smaller branch pieces from the tree. Inn's and shops are found within the trunk of the trees holding the town up. If you're looking for a test of strength i'd suggest heading into the towns underwater arena, just head to the lowest parts of the inner trunks and ask to fight. There are plenty of rewards for a good show" L nodded at the mans descriptions, slightly spacing out but refocused when he started talking about a test of strength. Yes, it indeed interested him.

He said thank you to the npc and headed further into the inner workings of the giant tree. The view was magnificent from where he was standing. Light broke through the trees upper canopy and birds flew all around, there was also a sweet aroma of freshly bloomed flowers. Something however about the floor seemed familiar. He would have looked around more but it began to lightly rain. He scurried to find the tunnels which led deeper underground and he wasn't disappointed. It was almost like a subway entrance, he took a seat at the entrance just under cover holding his hands in his head, he couldn't shake the feeling like he was missing something, no matter how hard he tried. 

L brought up his friends list and to his surprise Mari was still there. He thought he should leave her a message, and see if everything was alright with her. He felt responsible for the way she behaved somehow, he couldn't remember a thing. The soft pitter patter of rain accompanied his dark thoughts. Mari wanted him dead didn't she... With no further time wasting he began to write the message. Once that was done he was going to head down to the arena, hopefully, setting his mind at ease. 

To, Mari

Ever since that day i can't shake this feeling from me. I feel like i have a gaping hole in my mind, like something is missing
I don't know why you want me dead, and i really don't have any idea what happened to you..

Everything will be fine. I know it will but.. that look in your eyes haunts me now.. i haven't been able to sleep in days. 
I miss my old friend.. i never would have realised Uriel could do this to you.. It was him.. right?
I want to meet you again.. I want to make sure you're ok, just promise you won't kill me.. ok?

From, L

L was about to continue when he got a message back from Mari, the contents made him want to throw up. He couldn't believe what he was reading at all.. It wasn't like him, it wasn't like her.. what the actual [censored] happened! Why couldn't he remember it!?

To: Life
Subject: Re: (No Subject)

Do you really think I'm that stupid? You want to meet me again so you can ram your tongue down my throat? So you can laugh as you watch me inflict pain upon myself? Oh Life, poor, poor Life. You're the one who called me a monster; you're the one who told me to embrace what I am. You're the one who said you didn't want to associate yourself with me. After all, I'm nothing but a distraction from your goals.

-Mari

His finger cautiously hovered over the reply button. He didn't want to reply at all.. he didn't know how to. He still had no idea what caused it. So how could he possibly know how to respond. She said it was him? Not Uriel.. wasn't Uriel still... no... a piece of his memory came back. it was a small piece but enough to know what happened to Uriel. Alkor killed him.. Alkor was a player killer too? "Heavens no.."

He laid down flat on the 3 seater wooden chair protected by the subway, the rain still pouring and could be seen right next to him at the entrance. He was still hesitant to continue down towards the arena considering the circumstances. He wanted to get this off his chest before he continued anywhere. Like his father once said "A clear mind, is key to victory in any situation. Don't let the little things cloud your judgement" He once again smiled at the comforting memory of his father. Without a second further he pressed the reply button and took a deep breathe sitting up on the chair, still unsure what to type back. After a good 5 minutes of blank staring he realised that he was letting this one little thing cloud his judgement. He should just follow his own goals and eventually, the pieces will fall into place.

He hopped off the chair and headed down into the tunnel spiral which lead into the underground it was a good few minutes of walking and he still had awhile to go until he heard that message bleep. 

Subject: A last note

I suppose I should thank you; you had bought me and Alkor together; only to have us split. I know not to trust anyone.
Do whatever it takes right? Isn't that what you said?

He leant against a wall as he read it, pieces of his memory flying back at him. His cave of lurve stunt must have paid off but. They split? He didn't know how to respond to this one either. However he had to say something back to her.

He shook his head in disbelief, Alkor wouldn't leave her just like that. If they ever got together, Alkor wouldn't just cheat her. It juts didn't make sense, none of it did. He did his best to reply, given his limited knowledge, it had to be some sort of trick.. all of this just had to be some bad dream. If he really did all those nasty things to Mari then.. he could understand why she hated him. However he wasn't just going to let her keep beating herself up about it for no reason. She needed to snap out of whatever sick mindset she was stuck in. 

To: Mari

Subject: A last note

I don't know what i told you.. but Alkor wouldn't do something like that. I know him.. he's not the type to just use people and throw them away, ok..? I don't know the details but.. have you even spoken to Alkor about it? Like i said before.. i know him. If you two did end up getting together after my cave of love stunt then i know for a fact Alkor went through with it because he loved you. He LOVES you. I'm not joking, even Lessa got shot down by him, he doesn't do things just because he can. It's ok for you to hate me.. it sounds like i did some very nasty things to you.. but Alkor? Just.. talk to him.. Anyway.. Im off to put myself at the mercy of 50 orcs. Wish me luck.

The message he received back from Mari, just when he thought he had done something good unsettled his stomach even more. He forced himself on her? My god.. it only gets worse doesn't it. He was already a good way down the spiral, he wasn't feeling up to his challenge anymore in the slightest, she even hoped he would get ripped to shreds by the orcs. "This only get's harder, maybe i should just stay away from her.."

Subject Re:Re: A Final note

You forced yourself on me; and told me I was so debased and tarnished that even Alkor wouldn't touch me; I sent him a message and he replied, out of character for him granted; but he replied stating he knew what I had become and did not want to be bothered saving a lost soul. Your words and actions are debased; and twisted. You Know we got together - I confided that in you but you told me you loved me and never wanted to see me again. Of course, I know that's a lie now.

May those orcs rip you apart.

• 4 weeks later...

He shook his head and stood up, a crack of thunder boomed behind him. It was a grim day for L, and he would purge every last bit of remaining doubt and fear inside him, this test was a battle to sweat out the evils left inside him. With this monster tournament he would get his mind in gear, in short.. he just wanted to punish himself. He travelled down the spiral, much like his state of mind and took a deep breath, exhaling in a sort of grunt.

He reached the lower part of the tree now, the whole scene seemed to change, from wood to glass and water. He could see the roots of the tree floating endlessly through the waters, reaching the darkest depths which he couldn't possibly fathom at all. He wondered just how deep the waters went and if it was ever possible to go down there to fight the mobs. The answer was most likely not, and if anything it was too dark and terrifying for him to even consider exploring.

L wasn't sure why he had such a silly fear for the deep. Though it might not actually be a silly as he first thought. He pondered on the notion of it for a while, it was possible that everyone is somewhat afraid of the unknown. No matter what that unknown might be. The shark mobs circled the glass window which he was looking out of, they had a murderous look in their eye. He took a quick glance into its pupils, flashes of his past came to his mind. A time where he had almost drowned. He snorted and shook his head, he was being overly dramatic about a simple scenery "I should just focus on the reason why i came down here.." 

He strolled down the hallway and down another set of stairs, it was at that moment he could hear the screams, the shouts, the applauds. The arena was packed, the banners hung from the glass walls, heavy and dead. It was an intense feeling, nothing like in the CoB tournament. He was still pissed at himself that he was eliminated so early from the competition. He smirked, however, this wasn't the CoB tournament, an arena filled to the brim with monsters to slaughter? That was his kind of challenge.

L spoke to the person at the gate, he was rather hesitant on letting L inside "Why can't i join in on the action sir?" The npc looked at him and grunted "Well you see, kid. These people pay good money to see a show. If you ain't gonna entertain, you can consider your hiney dead. You sure you want to do this?" L shook his head smirking "I am not afraid to die sir. I wouldn't be hear if i didn't feel up to the challenge. Understand?" The npc eye'd him for a second and nodded. It was sort of like a game system for 'Are you sure you want to do this' 

The second he stepped inside the arena the roars of the crowd suddenly came to a halt, unsettling him to say the least. The announcer could be seen on top of a stage and explained the situation to everyone. "Welcome one and all to the floor 8 slaughter show. Get ready to witness a struggle for life and death itself. Our brave, or just plain stupid contester has joined us today to be the participant in putting on a showstopper of a performance. Please everyone, put your hands together for the courageous and impudent LIFE!" Though no one knew who he was, the crowd went wild as he made his way to the middle of the battlefield. There where monster gates everywhere, he wondered just what he had signed himself up for, he was joking about the 100 orcs to Mari but perhaps the number of foes may not be too far off as he had thought it would have been originally.