PP-F3 "A Quiet Hell"

Mari sat on a lone boulder; just outside the town of Flora - not the main town but a smaller settlement, made up of various sized tents. The town was less busy and filled with mostly NPC villagers. Delilah village was far too busy, not to mention the dandelions that surrounded it gave Mari a headache. She enjoyed flowers. Used to enjoy flowers. Now everything just seemed too...yellow...too bright.

She had a bottle of water nestled in her lap, and every so often would take a sip. It was quiet, peaceful. Her blue eyes watched from afar, as the townspeople went about their daily lives. Farming, having preprogrammed discussions with other NPCs - it all looked eerily normal. As though they weren't fragments of data from a game. 

Mari tilted her pink haired head; watching as a NPC child fell down and began to cry - his mother quickly rushing to his side to console him. "mmm..." She glanced away as her hands spread out across her pink skirt, smoothing out the folds. Her legs, which had white knee high socks were neatly crossed. Despite wearing a white sweater, Mari wasn't warm. Nor did she feel warm; as there was a cool breeze throughout the field.

Today; was a quiet day; with her water still in her lap Mari pulled up her inventory - bringing out a small bottle of what appeared to be bourbon. Mari disliked the taste; but alcohol was a good escape from her virtual and mental hell.

Clarence wasn't having an off day per say, just not a to happy one. He was caught thinking about the past and he just upset himself. In attempt to hopefully right his horrid mood, he decided to go for a long walk on Floor 3, the fields having some what of a calming effect on him, even though he could not place why that was. Clarence adjusted an imaginary piece of hair, an old habit that is going to die hard, as he walked through the grass and flowers, they tickling his legs constantly as he walked.

Clarence, spaced out, almost ran into a tree that was surprisingly right in-front of him. "Jesus, can't even go for a walk with o-." Clarence cut off to see a pink haired girl sitting on a small boulder in the middle of no where. "Umm, hello? Are you okay?" Clarence called to the girl, she looked a bit depressed and had some alcohol in her hand, definitely not the best combination. 

He approached the boulder and saw that her Player Crystal was orange, someone with not the best past. Don't judge Clarence, you hated it when you were orange.

"Mmm?"

Mari glanced over her shoulder at a man with wild black hair and wide purple eyes. He seemed almost surprised to see her there. The man asked if she was ok, before approaching. His eyes travelled up toward the orange crystal above her head then back down to her. Mari shuffled - so that her full body was facing him. She had knocked over the bottle of water that sat in her lap and it fell into the grass before rolling forward, stopping when it hit the man's foot. 

Mari placed the alcoholic bottle on the ground, propping it up against the foot of the boulder. There was a silence between the two as her blue eyes danced over his features, he wore a white collared shirt, slightly dishevelled - and a black vest with black pants. His appearance reminded her of Zelrius. who always wore suits, Clarence just had a more casual approach - which Mari preferred. 

"I'm fine." Mari finally said, crossing her legs.

Clarence looked up at the girl. He gave her a look that said. Really you are fine? Suuuuuuurrreeee.... Clarence gave a light smile to the girl and he saw her give him a look, assessing him slightly before she crossed her legs. 

"No offense, but you don't seem to fine. You are drinking, by yourself, in the middle of no where. And, you have that look in your eyes, if seen it enough in myself and others to know that you are not all right.." 

Clarence gave a light smile to the girl before picking up the water bottle that was at his feet. A small portion of the liquid poured out of the bottle and was leaking onto the grass as he picked up the bottle, handing it to the girl.

"Now, I'm not sure if you want to talk about what is wrong because you don't know me, or that you just don't feel like it. But I'm still wondering, what's wrong?" 

Clarence smiled at the girl and sat on the grass, looking up at the pink haired girl.

Mari rolled her eyes, giving an annoyed sigh. "Not another one..." She muttered, placing her elbow on her knee, and her chin in the palm of her hand. "chilvarous, worried passer-by; who just so happens to question every action of a stranger. Yes I'm drinking. Yes I'm alone. Do I really need to be around someone every moment?" Mari asked dryly. Not impressed with his nosey attitude. 

Mari sneered; "Oh, a look in my eyes mmm? If you're so perceptive maybe you could tell me what you assume is wrong, because frankly - as of right now there are two, maybe three things wrong." Mari held up her free hand, and rose each finger as she counted the reasons. "One, I keep getting nosey little sh*ts like you asking if I'm ok - when clearly I don't want to deal with that crap. Two, I'm almost out of alcohol, and three - I would kill to have a decent bed for once. Now - care to add to that list?"

Clarence was not to thrilled with the woman's response. She first off, thought Clarence was doing some chivalrous thing, which he was not. He was a worried passer-by who just wanted to help. He did not say she had to be around people, he was just wondering why she was drinking, by herself, out in the middle of no where.

And yes. Clarence did see a look in her eyes that definitely sad depressed, also her defensive attitude kind of reassured his thoughts. He assumed something because she was just alone, drinking. And he was being nosy because he was hoping to help.

"Okay! Listen, I'm sorry for trying to be a nice person. I'm sorry for being someone who actually cared about how some one else was. I'm sorry for being a 'nosy little s**t' when I was trying to be nice. Did you want to hear me apologize? Say that I did something wrong? Because I wont apologize for caring!" Clarence was letting out a lot of steam from being pent up about multiple other things, and he was just letting it out on this, random, pink haired girl.  

"And also, you don't need to be Freaking yelling at me for asking a question!  Could of just said, no nothings the matter, or, I don't want to talk about. And I would of been fine. But no! You have to be a rude B***h for no reason!" Clarence yelled, his voice feeling hoarse, not really ever yelling that much at anyone, he never really let his emotions go that much.

The man exploded. Mari didn't know his name - so she'd probably call him explodey. She blinked. Taking a swig from her near empty  rum and listened to him shout till his voice was hoarse.  He asked if Mari wanted to hear him apologize, she shrugged. "Ain't gon change nothin' " She said dryly. He went on about how he was just trying to be nice and how Mari threw it back into his face, "Don't care." Mari said, again in a non nonchalant tone as she took a second swig from the bottle before placing it back down against the boulder. She wiped her lips with the back of her hand.

Mari stood up, dusting herself off before taking the few steps it took to close the gap between them. Mari crossed her arms, tilting her head upward to face him, a small grin on her features. "Maybe I like being a b**ch, feeling better Mr. Explodey?" Mari asked, now that he had finally stopped. "Nothing's all sunshine and daisies, don't crack a fit because sh*t don't go your way."

"And you don't need to be a drunken Slob because s**t didn't go your way sweet heart. I don't care that you don't care. Trust me, if I wanted your opinion I would of asked for it. Also the name is Clarence..." Clarence was still very pissed, but he was calming down a bit, still this girl didn't really help all his pent up anger. 

Clarence looked down at the girl who had a small smile on her face. Does she love being like this? God I hope not... Clarence shrugged the though away and stared at the girl, giving a slight glare, not really happy with her but trying his best to deal with her to hopefully help. "And if we are going to go the 'You don't know how I feel, I've been all of this S**t' kind of thing. Save it. I don't feel like bringing back horrid memories and hearing you trying to one-up me." Clarence was calming down and was barely even angry, just tired.

"Now I understand you don't want to tell me what's wrong. I understand that. Just for god sakes, bottle up your emotions into anger wont help them either."

Mari gave Clarence a pat on his chest, "Pleased to meetcha, Clarence."  It was clear by the tone in his voice that he was still very frustrated with her. Mari stepped back and he shot her a glare with those deep purple eyes. Mari held a single finger up to her lips, tapping them. Once. Twice. Thrice. She mused to herself, "Hmmm...never said anything about that..." She began, clearing her throat to imitate his voice, "You don't know how I feel!"  Mari shrugged her shoulders, turning on her heel to head back to the boulder.

"Nope, didn't say anything like that. As for bottling up my emotions - mmm not exactly doing that either. I'm an adult. I'm enjoying a drink." Mari picked up the bottle and pointed it at him. "You seem like you're doing some o' that yourself. With your earlier outburst, but hey, what do I know?"

A flutter of clothing in the wind, a figure sitting upon a tree near the little tribal village by the sea called Flora, his black hair dancing a mess in his face, as a pair of eyes unlike many others gazing about to the water. One that was emerald green, his left one, and a ruby red one, his right one, as he had no weapons equipped, as he was not looking to fight today, in fact quite the opposite. He was just day dreaming not paying attention to the fact that he was slipping and before he knew it, he was falling and then landed with a thud. He rolled onto his back and gave a low sigh, and slowly rose up to his feet. Looking about as he saw tow players in the distance, he saw the orange color and a green one, and shrugged as he didn't care about the fact this other player was orange, he approached and stood a few feet away from them both.

"Hello, whats going on here?" He said as he had a rather doll like expression on his face, he kept his hands in his pockets and his eyes on them both, as he heard something about drinking, and his ears perked up. "Drinking, you got some drinks here?" He asked as he bent down and was now crouching like a cat and he then lowered onto his behind and sat there, one leg up, bent at the knee, and the other straight out as he spoke, "Were are my manners, I'm Legion." He said as he gave off a friendly wave, and waited to hear what the other two were going to say, as though he just met them, and he did kinda intrude, he kept his distance to be sure he wasn't in the way of them, as his eyes looked them both over.

-Legion waving-

post-4111-0-18373200-1419927975_thumb.jp

-Cloth clothing.-

Leather Coat & pants

Leather Boots

"Oh good job. You figured out that I had some anger built up in me." Clarence sighed and rolled his eyes and sat down in the grass looking up at the girl. "Now, considering you don't feeling like ranting at me, and I've calmed down. Lets figure out what the hell is wrong with you." Clarence gave a light smile to the girl, a smile that said. You can't get rid of me. Clarence looked at the girl for a moment, trying to see if he could get anything out of her body language that would help, but nothing would help... then it hit him.

"So, considering you are denying all help, you don't trust many people... someone was not to nice to you were they?" Clarence gave a look to the girl, not letting her give an input. "Going on with that, this person had to be close to you. A friend? Family? A crush? I believe it was a crush." Clarence smiled at her.

"Goin- Oh hello." Clarence got cut off by someone approaching the two. He has a some what mild build, but it was clear he had strong muscles. He wore mostly different colors and had long black hair, the two going together nicely. What really intrigued the boy, was that the Guy, who introduced himself as Legion, had two different colored eyes. Clarence was distracted by the man and almost forgot to answer his question. "Oh- sorry. I'm Clarence, and I'm not sure who she is.... I'm calling Her. 'The Drunk' for now." Clarence gave an angry but concerned look to the girl, then turned back to the boy.

Mari narrowed her gaze when Clarence rolled his eyes, shooting her a sarcastic remark. Funnily enough, it wasn't that which bothered her. It was his insistance that he wanted to 'fix' Mari, and that there was something wrong with her. Mari didn't reply, she didn't acknowledge his statement. What the hell is wrong with her indeed. She just gave him a stoic expression, even as he gave her a challenging grin.

He tried telling her that it was a crush that had hurt her; he was wrong. "No." Mari said simply, "I just killed my daughter, so forgive me if I am less than hospitable." She added, and it was true; it had only been a month since she had done so, even if it was an accident, no doubt the man would guess as much - but Mari was past the point of caring. This Clarence guy; she hated people like that. Nosy little sh*ts who just shoved their face into business that doesn't concern them.

Another had approached the two, someone who seemed much more down to earth, and less intrusive. He had dark hair and bi-coloured eyes, and wore bright and mismatched clothes. He introduced himself and Mari gave him a small smile. "I'm The Drunk." She said, not bothering to give her real name. "I was enjoying a quiet drink, but some people feel it necessary to question why one would be drinking."

Legion looked up as he leaned back abit, "You don't question drinkin, it's to forget, and that's that." He said as he then looked at the woman, her pink hair was what caught his attention and he sat up, but hear what this woman said he kept his mouth shut. "There another bottle somewhere, if not then don't mind me, just needed the company bloody floor is devoid of interesting things, so far you two are the only things here that aren't boring." He said as though he scooted back and leaned against a rock trying to rest his head as he did fall out of a tree and well Clarence, The Drink pleasure to met your acquaintance." He said to them both and then just went quite, as he knew he said all he needed to say right now, as his bicolor eyes gazed at the sun, and his black hair danced in the wind.

Clarence sighed, seeing he isn't really getting any where. When the Girl said that she killed her daughter, Clarence looked slightly surprised. After a second, Clarence shrugged it off, looking practically un fazed from what Mari said. "Now that, I'm guessing wasn't your fault, or an accident. Even though your character crystal is Orange, I don't believe you could kill your daughter on purpose, and you obviously need a drink after that.... sorry." Clarence mumbled, understanding that he really shouldn't have butted in at all.

"Sorry for being a nosy Sh*t, I just wanted to help... As you can tell by now I have a real knack at annoying people and getting involved into things I shouldn't be involved in. But I still want to help. don't get me wrong. So I'm staying, I'll just try to be less of a nuisance." Clarence smiled at the girl lightly, more apologetic than challenging. "And sorry about my rude introduction to you Legion. As I said I'm Clarence, and I guess I'm not the only one with an eye mutation. I have purple eye Syndrome." Clarence smiled and pointed to his purple eyes. 

Intense blue orbs watched, as Clarence had a brief look of shock across his features, before he replaced it with nonchalance. Mari gave a relieved sigh; glad to hear that Clarence would leave her alone. She didn't have to clarify on the matter. He was right, it was an accident - what person in their right minds would ever commit such an act on purpose? Then again, many people in here didn't seem to have their sanity intact, he muttered that she would clearly need a drink, and Mari simply gave a nod before taking another sip. She hadn't drunk much, and wasn't planning to. Right now, she was simply enjoying the burning sensation of the alcohol as it travelled down her throat to rest warmly in her stomach.

"I think knack is an understatement." Mari said, somewhat amused. "Perhaps superstar? Nosey sh*t superstar?" She repeated, musing to herself.

Legion seemed laid back enough, now that the questioning had stopped Mari was less one edge. She pulled up her inventory, there was another bottle; although it was nearly empty and it's durability low. Mari was planning on letting it just sit there till it disappeared. "Here. Someone may as well drink it." Mari muttered, she had pulled out a bottle of dark coloured alcohol. Mari wasn't sure what it was. As the description just said 'The heavy stuff' something player made, that is what Mari assumed anyway. Mari placed it on the ground and rolled it over to the man.

"IF you're bored go to higher floors."

Legion looked at the bottle and grabbed it, as he pulled the cork out and smelled it, "Hmm... Whiskey, thats a nice change from wine or Sake." He said as he took a drink and whipped his lips afterwards, with a smile on his face, he leaned back again and this time looked up at the sky. "Well I think I would rather stay down here, higher floors are nice, but I like a nice relaxed one, would rather not try to get killed out there on the higher floors, besides, I have business down here." He said as he placed the bottle to his lips again and smiled "This is Cask Strength Whiskey, nice stuff you got here." He said as he could taste the distinct flavor of the alcohol and could Identify the type from the taste, as he did some tasting in his time when he started drinking, and then capped the top on it and tossed the bottle towards Clarence. "Well I have two eye mutations, my right eye has an extremely low quantity of melanin all the time, which allow the blood vessels to show through my eye, so thats why." He said as he was rather comfy now, his hair dancing in the wind, and his coat now flat on the ground and his legs crossed and stretched.

• 2 weeks later...

Clarence, being tossed the bottle of alcohol, he decided to toss it right back to Legion. "Sorry, me and Alcohol don't really mix, besides you two have it." Clarence mumbled, acting almost afraid of the alcohol. "With you staying on lower floors, I can understand, no one really wants to die, playing it safe is safe indeed." Clarence smiles lightly and fiddles with the grass, forgetting about the alcohol. "And, going with your eye mutations, Heterochroma on you suits you, your eyes are very pretty." Clarence smiles and slightly blushes, kind of embarrassed about what he said. Clarence gave the man a quick look, the man not sore on the eyes. Clarence shook his head lightly with a smile a she looked up to the pink haired girl. "So, considering I do not want to keep calling you 'The Drunk' And I do believe Nosy Superstar fits me, but anyways. What is your name? Sorry if I'm intruding." Clarence smiled lightly at the girl, hoping to get a positive answer, not sarcasm and insults.

• 2 weeks later...

(Sorry I thought this was replied to, I guess my post never did actually post! had to rewrite it)

Mari shrugged,  "It honestly all tastes the same to me." She offered Legion a small smirk. "I forget that some worry about dying, I guess I worry about killing. Heh." It was a bad joke, one that Mari almost immediately regretted after saying it. She fell silent, averting her gaze from Legion, he mentioned he had business and raising her eyes to meet his bi coloured eyes she asked, "What sort of business?"

It was clear Clarence, did not like Alcohol. Rather, he would rather not have anything to do with it at all. He tossed it back to Legion - as though the mere touch of the bottle burned him. She noted that Clarence was playing coy with Legion. Offering the other man a compliment, before a blush fell across his cheeks. So Clarence liked men? Good for him. Mari sat back, watching the two, till Clarence asked her name. 

"Mari." She finally said. "My name is Mari."

• 3 weeks later...

Legion looking at the woman who now called herself Mari, as he caught the bottle, he sighed, "Nothing you would find interesting, nor is it important to mention." He said to her, being honest as he focused on the man in front of him, as the bottle returned to Legion. "Shame, but if it don't wanna work wit ya, the ya gotta fight it." He said, as then heard him say about his eyes and rolled onto his back, and looked up at the sky. "Their nothing special, just a set of eyes to me." He said to the man, as his black hair dancing in the slight breeze that washed over him, his eyelid blinking and his chest coming up. As he was relaxed in his position, the nice cool wind was something he liked as he now the clouds were filling the sky, and giving shade around them, "Wonderful, more shade." He said to himself, and let out a breathe of air from his lungs, and let the coolness of the day sink into his lungs.

(lets get this to 2 pages so I can finish this!)

Mari shrugged. "You're probably right," She said to Legion. "There is a good chance I couldn't care a less what you do, and unless I can get something out of it. I would simply tune out and not pay attention to it."

The two shared some words between themselves, and Mari found herself growing bored of her present company, she stood, dusting herself off. It was clear she was getting ready to leave the little group. "Keep the bottle." She said toward Legion. It wasn't like she wanted it, nor really had a use for it.