[PP-F2] Going on an adventure (With Zahra)

Having sent a few messages to Zahra asking her if she wanted to explore someplace several minutes ago, Marisa is now waiting patiently(?) at the town gate. "I wish time would go by faster... I'm bored ze...." She says to herself impatiently as she waits. "Maybe I could practice seein how much of pi I have memorized.." Marisa says then closes her eyes and starts to quote/say the many digits of pi that she has remembered.. "3.14159265359....." ..Quite loudly..

The second floor was buzzing with players, their conversation all merging together to create a dull hum that echoed through the streets. Gliding down one of those many streets was none other than Zahra. A couple of minutes ago the women had gotten a message from Marisa about adventuring together. Naturally the answer had been yes. That was why she was here in the first place. As she neared the gate a familiar voice rang out clearing among the rest. It was reciting the numbers in Pi. Raising her eyebrows, Zahra rounded the corner to find Marisa standing at the gate; board out of her mind. Finding herself smiling she approached the girl. "793." Zahra added, "Wait long?" 

Opening her eyes at the intrusion to her pi remembrance test Marisa grins at who she sees. "I didn't really wait too long at all, I just get bored easily.. Though it's great you were able to come Zahra!" She says already seeming excited about going on an adventure even though it's with a person she just met the other day.  "I haven't completely decided which part of the woods though... Would you like to explore the outskirts or see how far we can go in before turning back?" Marisa asks Zahra while tilting her head slightly to the side.

The energetic and light-hearted personality of Marisa infectious; so much so that the minute smile on Zahra's face a turned into a full scale grin. "Well," She mused, wandering up next to the blonde and taking a quick surveillance of the landscape. "Everyone probably goes threw the woods. So why don't we go around?" It was always more exciting the explore the more unknown aspects of the game. Something that couldn't be read in a player's guide or manual. That meant though that they had to be ready for anything and everything. Already Zahra couldn't wait to go. "Ready when you are." Zahra stated, letting Marisa lead the way. 

​"Your right Zahra most people probably go into the woods instead of the outskirts!" Marisa says seeming slightly excited at the idea of exploring territory that is not traveled on much.  Looking to Zahra she notices the grin on her face as well. "t seems I'm not the only one excited out of our little group ~Da Ze!" Marisa says before turning towards the woods and pulling out her sword says. "Today we shall explore the outskirts of the woods of despair and if we are lucky we will find some rare drops while we're at it, So onwards we march to Items, riches and experience!" After she finishes her (Extremely) short fake inspirational speech, Marisa starts to do an over-exaggerated march towards the outskirts of the woods on the left while pointing her sword at it.

Rolling golden orbs in a good-natured manner Zahra then started following Marisa. It was while walking that she pulled up her HUD display and equipped her spear. Spears, unlike most of the counterparts, could not be stored on someones person--they had to be carried. Zahra didn't really mind though. It was comforting to have the weight of the weapon in her hand while wandering through dangerous territory. "Say Marisa, is there any particular reason that you chose a sword as you weapon?" Zahra question, curiosity shining within her eyes. 

Marisa puts her sword on her shoulder as she turns her head towards Zahra. "Why did I pick a sword you ask?" Thinking a bit she replies "I think it was cause Iv'e seen so many people with em where I came from, so I got curious what they are like and decided to get myself one as well.." Turning around completely while walking towards the woods she continues. "If I could I would have chosen an attack to match my clothes like magic or a steel broom ~Da Ze!" â€‹She says with a grin on her face while seeming serious about what she would have used if they were in the game. "Since you asked me, why did you decide to go with a spear Zahra?" Marisa asks seeming curious herself.

Marisa had chosen a sword due to the fact that she was familiar with seeing them. That brought up the question as to where she lived where sword usage was prevalent. Seconds later her own question was shot back at her--causing her to silently laugh. "As spear?" Zahra echoed, casting a fond glace at the weapon in her hands, "I would have to say it's due to the fact that they talked about them a lot in my Lost Culture classes. They always seemed so fascinating and versatile that it just felt right to pick one." The Roman's had used pilums--a type of spear--during battle. In fact, their battle tactics relied heavily on the usage of pilums. Other cultures like the Egyptians and Mayans used them too for hunting and other actives. 

"Makes just as much sense as my reason." Marisa says while shrugging slightly. "It seems we are almost at the woods ze. Are you ready to go on an adventure filled with danger, excitement and possibly even treasure Zahra?" Marisa asks seeing how they were now at the edge of the woods she turns back toward Zahra and leans against a tree. Seeming to look directly into your eyes Marisa says quite seriously. â€‹"Though we haven't known each other too long I would still hate to lose someone I consider a friend, so if you know your close to death even if it seems the same might happen to me. I want you to run away as far and fast as you can. Promise me that okay Zahra."

They were nearing the woods now. Suddenly, the atmosphere around the two became serious as Marisa turned around and leaned against one of the many trees; saying something about promising to run away if her HP got to low. Before Zahra could control it a frown marred her delicate features and her eyebrows came together. "Marisa, I'm glad that you consider me a friend, and know that the feeling is mutual." Zahra evenly stated, "but I can not make the promise. We are in this together; whether that is to live another day or die trying." Amber orbs locked onto golden ones; trying to make the blonde understand that their was no way that Zahra would leave her. It was against her moral code. Plus, they would have better chance surviving if they worked together, not apart. 

"I see..." After a few moments of being silent with a serious expression on her face, Marisa grins at Zahra. "Well it's good to know that I have a friend in this land that will watch my back in even the toughest times!" She says now sounding like she did before. Getting up from leaning on the tree Marisa walks over to Zahra and puts a hand on her shoulder. "I'll do my best to watch your back as well since you'll be watchin mine. so unless you would like to take a short break here I'm ready to go when you are ~~Da Ze!" Marisa says sounding somewhat happier now than before they got here.

Now that Marisa was back to her hyperactive self Zahra found herself relaxing. It was odd to see the blonde so serious. Strangely enough both personalities seemed to fit the girl perfectly though. "Nah, I'm good to go." Zahra beamed, resting the spear on her shoulder. Just because her excitement wasn't outwardly shown didn't mean that she wasn't excited; she was just more calm about it. In fact, to have the company of someone so expressive was kind of relieving. There was not guessing what Marisa was thinking or feeling; she would just say it. Zahra got the feeling that Marisa would become a good friend. Someone that could be relied on and dependable. Waving her hand Zahra gestured for Marisa to lead the way. Zahra was never much of a leader type anyway. 

"All right!" Putting her arm around Zahra's head, Marisa turns them both towards the woods. "Let's go do some explorin Zahra!" Marisa says as she start's to walk them into the outer part of the woods towards the start of their adventure. As they were walking Marisa speaks up. "Do ya still remember why I played this game Zahra?" Marisa asked sounding somewhat worried for some reason even though her outside appearance looked pretty carefree.

Being lead by Marisa the duo started on the adventure. For some reason, as they were heading towards the woods Marisa asked if Zahra remembered the blonde had joined SAO. It had been a while. Zahra remembers finding out during her mini adventure with Crow and his gang. Marisa had said something...then it hit her. "Kind of," Zahra stated, unsure of where this was leading, "You had said something about being bored and...wanting to get stronger?" The more she thought about the more she recalled. "You had also said something about helping other's who were stuck in this death game." A noble cause. Although curious. Maybe Marisa was going to expand more on her story. Of course, Zahra would never push her and listen to what Marisa wanted to tell her. 

"That was all only part of the story. The actual reason I came here was I-" While she was midway through saying something a couple wolves jump out of the nearby thickets and one of them bite's Marisa's arm that's around Zahra's neck. Cursing slightly at the wolves and herself for not noticing them sooner. Marisa quickly pushes Zahra out of the way as the other wolf leaps at her friend and slashes it across it's side before getting between both of them and Zahra. "I think it would be best if we finish talking after these are taken care of ze.."

• Rolled a 7 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 9 on the d10 (mob) dice.

Marisa: 13/15

Zahra: 15/15

Wolf 1: 10/10

Wolf 2: 5/8

Turns out those weren't the only reasons that Marisa was hear. With her curiosity peeked Zahra listen in anticipation as to what was going to be said. Unfortunately, they were interrupted before the blonde could even say anything. The next thing Zahra knew she was being pushed. Using the momentum to her advantage Zahra rolled and landed in a crouch; spear standing up straight. "I do believe that you are right." Zahra murmured, eyes narrowing at the nearest one. Without much thought Zahra launched at the wolf nearest to her. In the process the spear had leveled out to being horizontal to the ground, impaling the wolf in the shoulder blade (DAMAGE 1). With a jerk the spear ripped out of the wolf's shoulder. Zahra stayed close, but keeping the spear out to keep the wolf a bay. 

[iD# 7781] [battle (1+4) 5] [Craft 7] [Loot 6] [Mod 5] Zahra

Marisa: 13/15

Wolf 2: 4/8

• 2 weeks later...

(Sorry about the long wait Iv'e been busy the past week.) 

Marisa runs at the already injured wolf with her sword and brings it down as hard as she could dropping it's health to zero. After finishing off the weaker wolf Marisa starts to turn to the other one when it knocks her over onto her side then bites her on the arm. Thinking she'll be able to tank the damage for a bit Marisa grabs the wolf so that it can't get away from here and shouts to Zahra. "Quick Zahra stab em in the side before they get away ze!" The wolf either wanting to get away cause it understood her or was just running on instinct/programming starts trying to get out of her grip.

• Rolled a 10 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 9 on the d10 (mob) dice.

Marisa: 11/15 (Got some health back thanks to her blade)

Wolf 2: Dead

A switch is performed. Marisa takes on the wolf while Zahra is stuck waiting for her turn; ever ready to jump in just in case the situation turns south for her party member. Suddenly, Marisa grabbed hold of the wolf and didn't let go. The blonde called out to her then; telling her to stab the beast before she got away. Technically, a switch. Without any hesitation, Zahra comes from the left side of Marisa with the spear raised. The spear was aimed for the wolf's upper back. Only, right as Zahra's spear was about to make contact the wolf's back arched in. The head of the spear had missed by mere centimeters. "Shoot," Zahra muttered, a frown on her features "Sorry Marisa!" 

ID# 9682

BD 3, (+1 for metal gauntlet) 

HP~

Marisa: 11/15

The wolf deciding that it didn't feel like being held onto anymore thrashes around then bites Marisa very hard on the arm. Seeing her health rapidly going down Marisa punches the wolf in the face knocking it off of her. "That's it your goin down pup!!" Marisa shouts at the wolf as she brings down her blade on the beast dealing a decent amount of damage to it. Seeing that it was still alive Marisa sidesteps out of Zahra's path so that she can (try to) charge the wolf with her spear.

• Rolled a 9 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 10 on the d10 (mob) dice.

HP~

Marisa: 8/15  (Healed a bit thanks to her blade's ability again)

Wolf 1: 6/10

Things were getting desperate. That much was obvious as Marisa HP bar began to fall lower and lower. Zahra had felt a surge of guilt for not being able to effectively assist in any manner. That guilt was quickly dismissed as determination took its place. She would not let anything happen to her friend. Nothing. The wolf was released from Marisa grasp and she backed away in order for Zahra to try and hit it. This time, please. Taking a breath, the brunette then charged forward, spear pointed toward the shoulder of the wolf. This time the tip hit its mark. Pushing on the shaft Zahra forced the point of the spear further into the shoulder of the beast. It would keep it at bay while Marisa decides what move to make. 

ID# 10511

BD 4 (+1 metal gaunlet)

Wolf 1: 5/10

Marisa: 8/15