Can someone help me start?

http://www.sao-rpg.com/forum/17-tutorials/

^^Those are the basic rules. Okay, I may not be on the Player Support Team but I will help you in any way possible. Could you tell me what you don't understand so I can break it down for you?

Basically how the dice system works as reading is not making it click. Besides that only combat is confusing.

PST Mari here!

The Perma roller can  be used for everything if you chose. But its only mandatory for the following

-some quest bosses

-Shop craft attempts

-Floor bosses

-Player vs Player.

Alternatively you have the dice rolls located above your posts or if you are using the full editor to the side. Located here:

OL2tFDR.jpg

tadaaa

so if I was in a battle and had no stat boosting equipment.

I'd have rolled a 2 and missed

the mob would have rolled a 1 and also missed!

PST Mari here!

The Perma roller can  be used for everything if you chose. But its only mandatory for the following

-some quest bosses

-Shop craft attempts

-Floor bosses

-Player vs Player.

Alternatively you have the dice rolls located above your posts or if you are using the full editor to the side. Located here:

OL2tFDR.jpg

tadaaa

so if I was in a battle and had no stat boosting equipment.

I'd have rolled a 2 and missed

the mob would have rolled a 1 and also missed!

Ok two questions or more than that so I am more specific.

So my rolls are generated above this post, couldn't in theory I keep refreshing the page until I got rolls I wanted?

Second, how do you quote people? In the other RP site with this layout there is @Mention where you put @ before a name and bam they know you posted towards their character. All I can find on here is quoting and I am not sure that is working.

Last question, how are people making thoses signature icons where it has your character, Hp and such?

The Permaroller is used by identity number. When you roll, and ID is displayed on the roll, in which you must mention in your post. This is to make sure what a player saying is true. And those stats can be looked over by any sort of higher power in this forum. So spamming the permaroller just for a good roll can easy be caught by simply searching your name up. This is to avoid anyone abusing that liberty.

For example. I roll a bad roll of Battle Dice: 1. Mob Dice: 7. ID:10927.

On my post, I mention the dice that are applied for the scenario. Then I place the ID they belong to. Does this make any sense?

post, couldn't in theory I keep refreshing the page until I got rolls I wanted?

In theory; when not using the perma roller. Yes. That's why the perma roller is mandatory for certain events, but if you are getting constant suspiciously good rolls a staff member will enforce the perma roller on you. As the above post mentions you need to include the ID of your perma roller in your post and that can be checked against it. Rerolls will be breaking the rules and will result in a suspension or ban.

You press the quote button at the bottom of a post to quote that post.