(OP-F1) An Unstoppable Will (Complete)

Drake sat in the center of the starting city on a bench, observing every single player who passed by him. Every now and then, he would eye a particular player suspiciously, and return to observing the crowd. As he sat there, he clenched his fists. Opened them. Clenched them again. He was eager, ready to feel his trusty sword pierce the virtual flesh of a killer, and end their lives, both in game and in real life. He drew his sword and laid it across his lap, observing the blade for any scratches or nicks. Satisfied, he re-sheathed it and bit his lip, trying not to laugh. He was going to attack a killer in a safety zone, and make a point, even if he couldn't actually kill them.

(Edit: I am aware that PKers cannot be inside of safe zones, but, as I told Malakath, DrakeWing doesn't know that.)

Waking around the town to find a blacksmith was Malakath's goal for today, wearing his new digs in the process. His cloak billowing out behind him like a sea of red. He was in his zone today, being who he wanted to be instead of himself. He walked with purpose, but looked relatively fear invoking for a fairly low level player. A mass of buckles and straps holding a blood red cloak on which covered the lower half of his face and then a bandana that his his forehead and had his fringe prop up on it. Eventually giving up he stopped and sighed, stood in the middle of the square now he looked around and frowned again. Sitting, he pondered on what to do next with his day.

Drake watched the player garbed in red, and felt the urge to attack him, but held back. He had to be sure before he made enemies out of innocents. He followed the player as they traveled through the open space. He felt his muscles tighten as the player sat down across from him, and could barely restrain himself. Oh, how he wanted to draw his sword, rush the player, and place it against the player's throat, But he didn't, he couldn't. Not yet. Smiling, as if he were just some friendly person, he said, "Hello there! How are you on such a fine day?"

Drake felt disgusted with himself, but managed to keep on a happy face. As he waited for an answer, he felt his hand slowly, oh so slowly, inching towards his sword.

Malakath looked up, completely unawares of his intent, Malakath raised his head to meet the eyes of this newcomer, not saying anything of yet since he was in character. This was slowly followed by "I'm fine", short , sweet and completely badass. The level 1 player talking to him was quite chipper. Malakath remembered being like that once, before all this, before the start of the death game. He remained seated though, not really looking at the boys face. He knew how rude it was but he was in character, and unwilling to drop the act.

Drake frowned as the player refused to look at him, and said in a slightly less happy tone, "Fine, eh?" He stood up, walked over to the player, and sat beside him, "You are just fine?" He has said that bit with a touch of confusion. This player, this player who was obviously stronger, and obviously dangerous, was just fine? That didn't sit right with Drake, and he wrapped his hand around the hilt of his blade. He leaned in close and whispered, "How many lives have you taken to be 'fine'?"

Malakath smiled, this was interesting, he was actually being his character for once with a newbie. "I've many sins to look back on but as much as they haunt me it's what lies ahead that I fear". Exactly how he would've said it. Yess thought Malakath alrhough he didn't know the intentions of this kid. Acting like the inquisition on him and such, not that it mattered, it was funny to see someone who took something so serious. Especially in a game, such as SAO where your imagination defines you.

Drake looked at the player in horror. This player, this was one of the killers he sought to eliminate. Drake drew his sword, shouting angrily, "I will not have you wreaking havoc on the population, and ending lives." This player, he was incorrect. He needed to be eliminated, but couldn't die here. Drake swore angrily, and stepped back. He had to find a way to get this player outside the city.

But he couldn't. That would take too long. Drake thought back to his father, thought about how painful and punishing each punch had been, and was fueled by hate. This player, he was going to suffer, he was going to pay. Drake laughed with elation, but kept his blade pointed at the player, specifically his chest.

Malakath stood and opened his menu, not saying a word but sending a duel request to the young lad. He knew for a fact he wasn't going to kill him so he sent a half health match to them. Not that he thought the boy would read it he said "If you want to kill me, that's how you do it." He also flicked back his red cloak to reveal a Khopesh. A curved axe-sword and drew it slowly, knowing that this kid stood a chance of accepting without reading the parameters. He wanted to use this as a light means of fun, before turning back to his ACTUAL self anyways. Though he sort of empathised with the kid hating PKers, ever since he went to fight the skeletons he was horrified if they were actual people's and never went back to that place. But now wasn't the time for remeniscing. He was about to fight, and although it may not have been a hard fight. He wasn't about to back down as a crowd was now gathering around them.

Drake looked at the request, laughed, and said with disgust, "You think I only want to take half of your health? I will end you. But not now. That much is obvious." Drake denied the request, smirking at the stupidity of the player before him, and sheathed his sword. He took a step towards the player and said with a cold whisper, "When I am stronger, you will regret this moment." With that, he took another step closer and punched the player in the face, even though he knew it wouldn't hurt him at all. 

Malakath smiled as he got a punch in the face, nothing happened but Malakath opened his menu once more for the full health duel. After selectin t he made a mental note, if he criticaled he would forfeit. Or if he hit twice he would forfeit, either way he was not going to kill this player, in fact he could probably avoid hitting the player at all for the first few swings. Besides he was only trying to play a role, he's never killed anyone and never indends to do so. That was the funny thing about it in the end, Malakath was having fun in his persona but wondered why this player couldn't tell he wasn't amber coloured after all. Nevertheless, Malakath prepared his blade but made a mental note. 4 turns, I will not attack for four and then attack twice to get a decisive victory, then forfeit.

Drake scoffed as a second request was sent and said with obvious disdain, "You are the worst type of person. Trying to lure a player into a trap so that you can take their life. I refuse." Drake denied this request as well, and turned to walk away. Noticing that there was a rather large crowd watching the interaction between the two players, he turned back to the player and said, "Trying to make a spectacle out of killing me? That is a great way to raise your reputation!" Drake simply stood there. Unwilling to move, torn between fighting and leaving.

Malakath laughed harder than ever, deciding to point out the obvious "You think a PKer could walk around the towns and cities freely? Then you most certainly are a fool. I'm neither of these things, just playing to a persona. Names Malakath, an the only things I've killed are board and skeletons friend". He was a little confused by this guy wanting to pick a fight and then shy away from it again but whatever. Cowards are cowards, no matter how much they try ad big themselves up about it. Malakath knew this fact well and grinned to himself about it. Ultimately he just needed to talk it out with this guy.

Drake froze. Killers weren't allowed inside of cities? That made a lot of sense. But still, this player had no reason to say what he did, especially in such a grim time. Saying slowly, as if he couldn't process the facts, "Wait? You are roleplaying in a roleplaying death game? You haven't taken another life?" Drake looked away, feeling embarrassed that it was actually himself who had caused such a massive issue. He approached the player, Malakath, and said apologetically, "I-I'm sorry man. Didn't mean to cause such a problem, I just have a... thing... against THOSE kind of people, or players, or whatever the hell one might call them."

Malakath took the kids shoulders "Listen to me carefully, you need to get stronger before pursuing your goals, you want to stop PKers. Fine. But remember that PKers are very very tough to kill. So you need to be tough yourself. As in don't expect to stop one killer if you can't hold a sword properly. Level up, fight, get to te front lines. Then consider turning around and stopping the killers".

Malakath sighed "All of us have reasons to escape this place, some just don't wanna be here. Others, like have goals we need to see to out there in the real world."

Sousuke had been standing around on the rooftops observing the whole exchange between the two men. He scoffed at the idea that this new player was so eager to kill. He didnt know the feeling of taking a persons life, the images it left imprinted in your mind, the sleepless nights you had to endure as your conscience ate away at you from the inside. He dropped down from the roof tops and lit a cigarette before approaching the pair. He pushed Malakath out the way gently and stepped forward into the face of the other man. ''You better watch your mouth boy, you think its cool to kill or some glorified act of justice that your comitting? Your a child, this is a war that your mixed up in kid the setting and weapons might change but war? war never changes.'' he said to him and exhaled a large puff of smoke into the mans face.

Drake was confused. This new arrival sounded like a fool who thought he was full of wisdom or something. Drake ignored the newcomer and said to Malakath, "I will get stronger, I HAVE to get stronger. And when I do, then the killers, the one's who kill for fun anyways, will be eliminated." Drake smiled, glad that someone was willing to give him advice, and added on, "I won't be on the frontlines though, that's not my thing."

As he finished addressing Malakath, he said to the smoking newcomer, "I don't have time to listen to your crap."

Sousuke looked at the player in Disbelief. This guy seriously thought he would take on the players at the top and wipe them out and he had the nerve to brush of a soldier who had seen more in his first few teenage years than this kid had seen in his entire life? What was more he straight up insulted him. It was funny seeing someone with an attitude that was similar to the person he was hunting down for causing the death of his brother. ''Huh you remind me of someone who got my brother killed kid ... and hes gonna be pushing up daises when i catch up the sorry son of a b****. You wanna take out the PKers then sure go ahead and try but im warning you know it aint as easy as it seems trust me i know.'' he said pointing at the scar he had received in knife fight back in the afghan deserts.

Now Malakath grew angry at the two of them. "ENOUGH!" Malakath cried in rage before stepping between them "Sosuke, the boy can think whatever he likes about PKers. Forcing him to change his views only cements them in his mind. As for you Drake, killing PKers just makes you as bad as them, as you heard me say "Deal With!!!" I meant imprison them. Not kill them!" Malakath was not there to play peacekeeper, nor did he want his friend to grow angry at him for this. He simply turned to Drake and said now in a much calmer tone "Go out into the fields surrounding the Town of Beginnings and kill some of the boars. When you've done that and not died, come find me again. Sosuke, leave the kid alone ... He could have his reasons, I agree we shouldn't let him kill anyone but in all honesty we cannot bully him into changing his mind"

Drake scoffed, amused by the views of these players, and said, "Killing a killer who is in the wrong is right, and makes me a killer who is not in the wrong. Is that understood? I WILL kill them, or at least the ones I want to die." Drake could be friends with Malakath, once they could get over their differences, but this Sousuke players was annoying as hell. Drake turned around and started to walk away, eager to move on with his life.

Sousuke observed the player with blue hair for a moment. He seemed to have a will like the strongest military grade Armour plating, and he atleast respected that much. But what he said had an effect on him, they wernt that different after all and he could atleast help out the guy so that he atleast has a shot at making it to the top. ''Well kid seems we arnt so different after all, names Sousuke but im guessing you already know that. If you need help or a piece of light armour to get you started then drop by my shop on the fourth floor first item is free of charge.'' he told him casually.