[SP-F1] <<Earning a Living>>

I opened my eyes slowly and sat up. The blinding light of the sun was thankfully blocked by the tree I was under. I stretched my limbs outwards even though I hadn't been there for long. I had sat down a little while ago to think about a possible profession and I had finally made up my mind. I was going to become a cook in this game. It was a little sudden for me but I had gotten inspired over the past few days. Going to a cafes and restaurants had mostly persuaded me to go into the cooking profession. I always disliked the idea of starting a profession because it was a constant responsibility and it required customers to come and buy from you. I wasn't a people person so it was going to be a little bit hard for me to attend to customers. I'll just get an NPC or two to be waiters for me... I thought and stood up. I brushed off any grass or leaves that would be on me and began to walk towards the town. 

Supposedly there was an NPC that would show you where you needed to go to find ingredients and tell you what to do with them. Everything would go smoothly seeing this was a lower level quest. The only problem I would have would be finding her. The town wasn't very busy which was a bonus for me. There weren't any players hustling and bustling about to get a great deal from merchants. Not even the merchants were out to advertise their stores for the matter. I smiled and continued my search for the NPC. I turned left at the center of town and went right through an alley way. After another left I saw what looked like a quest giver. My eyes gleamed as I approached it.

I cleared my throat and looked around me, slowing into a walk. Hey, I um want to take the quest please. As soon as I said that, a message screen popped up in front of me. Would you like to accept the <<Earn a Living>> quest and learn the <<Cooking>> skill? I immediately pushed the accept button without hesitation. I had already spent a few hours thinking about this so there wouldn't be a rushed decision when I got here. I looked into the glassy eyes of the NPC as she smiled and started to speak. Hello, to complete this quest please defeat at least three monsters that drop meat and return here. I listened closely and blinked when she was finished. That's it? All I have to do is go kill some boars and bring the mats back here? Seems easy enough..I thought and turned on my heel.

• 3 weeks later...

I trudged through the town, back where I entered from, and out to the field. No one was around, which was good because I needed to get all of the boar kill I could get. The boars around here were easy and only took one hit for me to kill. Around the tree on my right were three boars grazing. They didn't even look up when I pulled out my weapon. I smirked and threw my dagger at the nearest boar, instantly killing it without notice. The boars, suddenly aware of what was going on, charged at me. I dodged the first one but the second pierced the back of my leg with it's tusk. 

ID: 8078; BD 6 (+3 Dagger +1 ATH +1 Base damage)

Mob 8 (1 Damage)

Boar 0/3

Boar 3/3

Boar 3/3

Kiru 87/88

After the boar hit me in the back of the leg with it's tusk I turned around with a grim look on my face. Stupid thing, how dare you try to harm me. I said and drove my dagger into the head of the boar. It dissipated into tiny crystals and vanished from the world of Aincrad. In about ten minutes it would regenerate to terrorize players once more. Pathetic little boars can't even stay alive long enough to damage me. I sneered and turned to the remaining boar.

8079; BD 9 (+2 base Damage +1 ATH +3 Dagger)

Boar: Mob 1 (Miss)

Boar 0/3 DEAD

Boar 0/3 DEAD

Boar 3/3

Kiru 87/88

The last boar came racing towards me with determined eyes. It plowed through my left leg, leaving a small cut. I didn't even flinch when it attacked me, it didn't hurt one bit to me. It amused me to see the boar actually back up a little bit, as if it had the feelings to be scared of me for not being hurt. The boar was probably used to attacking the lower level players with no problem. With one motion I cut through the boar and killed it. 

ID: 8082; BD 8 (+3 dagger +1 ATH +1 Base Damage)

Boar: Mob 10 (+3 Damage)

Boar 0/3 DEAD

Boar 0/3 DEAD 

Boar 0/3 DEAD 

Kiru 84/88