[PP-F1] Traffic light

Upon taking notice of her presence Zeke then proceeded to move over so that he was sitting next to her. Not even two seconds later he was transferring the jacket and scarf back into her inventory. Confused, but mostly surprised, Ferrah was about to ask why. But she didn't even have to ask because Zeke quickly jumped in explaining that he wanted to try and fight with less equipment. As much as Ferrah wanted to put the jacket and scarf back on, she didn't. There was no way she was going to chance ruining them in the upcoming battle.

Then he hugged her.

It was a brief one, but still a hug none the less. There had not even been time to respond before he let her go once more. By now Ferrah was sure that her face was beet red. Thank goodness it was dark outside. Watching as he then extended his hand, proclaimed a cheesy (but cute) speech and then look expectantly at her; Ferrah couldn't help but smile. He was more brave than he had been the other day.

Locking hands with his, Ferrah locked eyes with him. "Le'ts show them." And then she was gone. It was eight o' clock on the dot.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His face laid in awe at Ferrah when she grabbed his hands and looked directly at him. They had never looked so directly into each other like they had at that moment. Even back when bumping into each other, Zeke didn't allow himself this close to her. In reaction, he too had also grown a bit of embarrassment from that moment. Looking away to the left slightly and giving a nervous but honest laugh from the inside, Zeke felt more ready for the upcoming fight than ever with the cheesy movie lines out of the way.

"Let's celebrate our wins after!" Both of his thumbs rubbed the air where her hands had been, trying to feel if she was still there even if only a little. Being overtaken by the same forces that had left him there alone, Zeke flashed out of visibility before laying his eyes upon the tournament battlefield once again. "Hello? Who's there?" A call out to the opponent not yet seen, was an indication of how Zeke had learned from his previous encounter. Katana at the ready and then a figure started to walk forward into the light of the torches.

In a flash Ferrah found herself back in the empty clearing located within the woods. It had been the same exact place that the fight against Mikoro had taken place. Well, maybe not the same, but certainly an exact copy. Hand on the hilt of her sword Ferrah turned a complete circle before realizing that she was the first to make it to the clearing this time. Sighing, she focused her attention on the spot before her. There was really nothing left to do but wait. One minutes later, a glow filled the area.

It was her challenger.

It, was actually a he. With long dark blonde hair and bangs that framed his face. In the back of his head was a tiny ponytail to keep extra hair from falling in his face. He was obviously older than her by a couple years. And he had muscles, which was made clear by his sleeveless shirt. There was no doubt that his main fighting style dealt with strength. This was going to be an interesting fight."Seconds rounds match Ferrah Vs. We.. is ready to commence, begin!"

The male across from Ferrah suddenly bowed very deeply. "A pleasure to be your competitor. I wish you the best of luck." He then righted himself and drew his sword. She didn't know how to respond to that. So she just simply leaned forward slightly. "Thank you. I wish you luck as well." Then she too drew her sword.

"My my my! You sure are quick to things started, aren't you? Your caution is wasted on someone like me. I have no idea as to why anyone would attack before the duel actually started. It's not like we are just two players roaming the fields outside of a tournament." A female player stepped out in front of Zeke's view, her hair a dark tint of orange and her skin teasingly soft from the looks of it. It looked to be she was a Katana user as well. The motions she used for the smallest actions were quite distracting. "Trust me, I don't need a head start." She declared and readied her weapon slowly.

Caught in the moment between the two of them, Zeke stood silent in the exchange with his weapon readied and mind racing at the other. "I know what you're trying to do. You were set up against the worst possible opponent for this battle" This girl didn't look too shocked at the sound of his accusation but didn't acknowledge the idea either. "Second rounds match Mirra Vs. Zeke... is ready to commence, begin!" Sounded off the NPC judge for the tournament. This full suited NPC lifted his sword high in the air and held it while the match was under way.

Zeke's health: 11/11 Vs. Mirra's health: 11/11

The only sounds that could be within the clearing was that of the wind rustling leaves and the deep breathing of both participants. This was new to Ferrah. Most people struck first and thought later. Wes appeared to be the opposite of that. It was think first and attack later. That also happened to be Ferrah's strategy.

This led to them both standing there for several seconds.

Neither wanted to be the first one to make a move. It was Ferrah who deiced that now was the right time. As it turns out both rushed forward at the same time. Swords met in the center of the clearing. She was on the defense, sword caught under Wes's. He started to add pressure on the downward hit. Causing Ferrah's knees to bend and her to slightly give in. There was no way she could match this person in strength. That much was clear. There were other ways though. Releasing her hold Wes's sword continued downward. She took her chace, jolting forward to try and hit him in the shoulder. The tip of of the sword just barely went in before Wes's sword flew back up and they clashed once more. They were almost even. This would be a long battle.

Ferrah HP: 11/11 v. We's HP: 10/11

Running straight at Mirra, Zeke's Katana rested in the wind's sway as he headed towards the opposition. At a foot's distance away, Mirra turned around and stretched before sticking her back side out towards him. Giving a slight yawn, she added to her position with a little dialogue. "I'm feeling a bit sleepy, aren't you? This tournament is so boring to do after a hard days of killing monsters. Don't cha think?" Stopping nearby at the view of her rump area, Zeke took one glance and mumbled under his breath with a slight embarrassment. Stepping away from her derriere to the side, Zeke got three good hits in on her before she backed off of him. "Then let me get this over with and you can rest all you want.." With a smirk Zeke stood confident in his ability refrain from such asinine tactics.

Watching the health bar above her hit almost halfway down, she grew furious and readied her lance to fight back. "Such a shame for you, you could have had all of this for yourself if you would have just let me win. Should have known you would be such a loser from the look of your dopey self." Mirra took the initiative this time and ran to his side before dashing backward and sweeping Zeke from the opposite direction of her dash. The awkward and unpredictable style she had grasped, left Zeke flat on his back as she took no time before repeatedly getting her marks in to even things out. "Where you going mister self control? I'm not done with you yet!" She yelled at the first contact made upon his block, using the time frame he had to throw the lance to the side and make it around her.

Zeke's health: 9/11 Vs. Mirra's health: 9/11

The swords had caught once more. This time, Ferrah almost instantly dropped her hold. This time it appears that Wes was expecting the move because he sword sprang back up immediately to defense. "It was good attempt. But you already pulled in once. It will no longer work on me." Then he stepped forward, jabbing the sword at her. Ferrah too stepped forward, bypassing the sword, and then pivoted so that her elbow smashed into Wes's face. His body slackened and his mouth fell agape. Finishing it up Ferrah continued the pivot and rushed her sword through his side.

Jerking it out seconds later Ferrah then feels something slice into her side. She had messed up during her attack by ending up right next to the sword, which just simply had to move over to strike her. Rolling sideways she pops back up and then starts to circle Wes like a predator who circles it's prey. He had regained his posture by now and is tracking her movement. "That wasn't very ladylike." He comments, almost visibly taken back by the rough fighting style.

All Ferrah could do was smirk at that. (Who said I was a lady.)

Ferrah HP: 9/11 v. Was's HP: 7/11

"I never said I would let you have me!" Zeke kicked her thigh forward before she could turn around to meet him face to face. Taking a point of health from her and then receiving it right back from a throw of her lance, he went immediately for the weapon she had left lying on the ground. Reaching a hand for it, his avatar had glitched out for a minute in a slight sensation of surprise. Ignoring the lance and just turning to face her again, another lance was sticking him right in the face. "As long as I'm using one weapon at a time, it's not against the rules. I wouldn't have a throwing weapon without a backup." During her explanation, one of her stab rotations were clasped into his hand tightly, the long shaft of her weapon being a downfall in close-quarters combat like this.

"If you would shut yer yap, maybe you wouldn't be taking so many hits!" A bit of Zeke's advice was given to her. Her face red with anger and embarrassment as she let go of her backup and brought another out of her inventory. Without any warning or notice, she had followed his words perfectly. Leaving no more room for counters or thinking, Mirra had Zeke in a battler of quickness. Block versus blocks until each of them were dangerously low on health and had to retreat for a last ditch effort.

Zeke's health: 2/11 Vs. Mirra's health: 2/11

They had been circling for awhile.

During that while Ferrah had been pushing Wes further and further toward the barrier; until his back hit it. Now he was trapped and she had the advantage. The two parried for more than a second before Ferrah's sword had been forced over Wes's shoulder and into the barrier. His hand suddenly grasped her's and squeezed hard. Her grip on the sword released and now Wes had both her and his sword. Throwing her's to the side he then righted himself off the barrier and toward her. "Sorry Miss Ferrah, you're done for now," Wes stated gleefully while approaching her. It almost seemed like he had forgotten about what had just happened mere seconds ago. Ferrah was more than capable without a weapon.

Hopping up and down, much like a boxer, Ferrah putt her hands up as they began to glow blue. This wouldn't last long, but just enough time to get her sword back. Running, she then dropped low and went after his feet. It didn't work. He was too big and his stance had been solid. On the ground Ferrah didn't have time to roll out of the way before the sword went through her upper thigh. "That must hurt. Allow me to apologize with dinner later." It took a second for Ferrah to realize what he said. (Is is hitting on me? In the middle of a fight?) Without another thought Ferrah took her free leg and kicked up. Wes cried out in pain and then fell over backward. It should not have hurt, but reactions from real life sometime transferred into the game. "Sorry about that," Ferrah grinned before pulling out the sword and standing. Jabbing it though his shoulder she watched as he eyes widened. She then walked away and grabbed her own sword. She was ready to finish this.

Ferrah HP: 6/11 v. Wes HP: 4/11

Zeke and Mirra, both stared each other down and circled in familiar fashion to something else that couldn't quite have a finger put on it. During the time they stalked each others movement, things grew heavier and heavier until Zeke couldn't take it anymore. The time had passed into minutes before anything was done and he was about to crack. Seconds before he was about to make his move, a comment couldn't slip by him without attention. "This must be why they call you Mirra.. you're mirroring everything I do." Mirra moved close when Zeke moved closer, they weren't too far away from each other before Mirra started laughing deeply.

"Oh wow! You are a loser! I never thought someone could be so dimwitted as to use such an idiotic joke like that!" She bent over to laugh more, holding her side as Zeke was apparently performing a side show for her in the midst of the sudden death for victory. Once again, his not so dim wits had proven a benefit to him in battle. Running forward while she preoccupied herself with pompousness, Zeke dropped his sword and used one of her dropped lances to get a ranged final attack on her. "That is pretty funny." Zeke spoke in agreement as she fell to her knees in awe at the stupid strategy she had fallen for. A minute to put all of her weapons back into the inventory and for the NPC judge to declare the winner and Mirra smirked with devious intention in her expression. "Not so bad after all, Cutie." She disappeared before Zeke like most people seemed to be doing nowadays. A field of darkness once again covered him, leaving his silent thought at her comment open wide for anyone to see, if they could..

Zeke's health: 2/11 Vs. Mirra's health: 1/11

Back turned toward Wes she almost missed the fact that the sound of his feet were getting closer. Almost. Right as the male was a couple feet away Ferrah spun around to find that Wes had both hands on his sword and it was drawn back near his waist. He meant this to be the beginning of the end. She, on the other hand, was perfectly happy to comply to his request.

Only, it would be the beginning of his end, not her's.

Waiting until he was close Ferrah then ducked as the sword thrust right over her head. He had meant to hit her in the chest or shoulder. A shot that would have more than likely caused some damage and made it harder to pick up the sword. Even though the shot miss he still continued to go forward. Back still to him she then grabbed his arm and threw him over her shoulder. With a 'thud' he was on the ground in front of her, breathing heavy and sweating. There was downsides to being Wes size: 1)Stamina and 2) using there weight against them. After that, Ferrah made quick work of Wes by picking the sword up once more and placing three well placed jabs into his chest. As soon as Wes's health hit red Ferrah allowed herself to relax.

"Congratulations to the player Ferrah! You have won your second round battle. Meet at the event stand eight o' clock sharp, tomorrow. The same time as you did today. You will face the one of the thrid round players at that time and see who has what it takes to go on to the third round. Good night to you both!"

Then she found herself right back where she had been sitting before the battle had started. Hopping back up on the booth Ferrah figured that she would wait for a while to see if Zeke came. Just as last night, it was chilly, so she opened her menu and equipped the jacket and scarf that Zeke had so graciously given her. Now all that was left to do was wait.

Just as had happened to Ferrah, Zeke was materialized in the same spot where he had left. With a sigh, he raised his head to see where he was brought after the fight. Looking straight ahead, his view was shielded with Ferrah's face in its entirety. Wide eyes and frozen lips made him seem petrified in fear but was actually just shocked to be so close to a girl he met. "H-hi Ferrah." His words were quiet at close range and a stutter opened his sentence. A step or two back and he looked to the ground shyly. "Soo... how did it go? You beat me back here twice I think." A nervous chuckle opposed his regular one as he examined how she looked in his jacket and scarf. Heart beats were now more audible and the cold had him feeling like a corpse that was being jump started back to life.

(I wonder how she responded to that. These teleportations are so random with where they send you.) For an awkward amount of time he kept his eyes down at the cobblestone they stood on. A slight view of the sleeve belonging to his jacket that he used to wear, had made it easier to recall how she looked in his clothes. A unique feeling took over his chest and head. (That's what a girlfriend looks like after a night out with her boyfriend.) Finding the curiosity to see her face again after the incident, his eyes peeked lightly up above through the strands of hair in his view.

After putting on the clothes she then proceeded to get comfortable now that she was warmer. Legs hanging over the booth Ferrah rested her hands on the edge of the table and then settled her weight forward. At that time, there had been no one there, just empty air. And then suddenly there was Zeke. His face was a mere inches from hers, so close that she could feel his warm breath. Almost instantaneously a blush blossomed over her cheeks. Zeke had been the first to come to senses, practically scrambling away from her. Coming back to her senses Ferrah then quickly leaned back and adjusted the scarf so that was now covering her blush. Her heart felt like it was beating straight out her chest, almost like in the cartoons.

"Hello Zeke," Ferrah whispered, attempted to keep her voice even. "It went well. I faced Wes, who turned out to be quite the gentlemen. He was quite surprised by the way I fight. Apparently it isn't very ladylike." The thought that Wes had thought she was a lady was still funny to her, so much that she laughed a little. "What about you?"

"Man, what era has he been living in? Haha" It didn't take any sort of genius for Zeke to realize a good tension between the two had been building over the past days they had been together. It was butterflies in the stomach that kept provoking Zeke to take that next step and see if Ferrah's body movement meant what he had presumed. Though now the inconvenient chit chat about the odd battle he just faced, had his mouth at a dead end to tell her the idea behind Mirra's strategy. "It was the other girl who was hanging out here with the others this morning. Her name was Mirra and her tactics were.. suggestive I guess I could put it as. It's likely that what the word suggestive brings up in your mind, is exactly what she tried to use to keep me from trying to win. But don't worry about that! I won and there is something I wanted to ask you anyway.."

Without the scarf around his own neck, Zeke had to show whatever shade of color appeared on his face, if any. Baring his true form of awkward manner, he stepped forward slowly to her as she leaned back on the stand. Grabbing both of Ferrah's hands, he then proceeded to take in a huge breath and release it off to the side. His gaze back into her own, his facial expression went from gloomy and distant to a happy smile for her to see. "Would you l-like to go somewhere to celebrate? Y-you know, with me, on a date?" His mind opposed the the confidence he had written on his face. (It's too soon isn't it? Please don't say it's too soon. Please don't say it's too soon.)

As soon as those words left Zeke's mouth Ferrah felt herself freeze. Time itself came to a stand still as the organ in her chest began to beat rapidly. If the scarf had not been there Zeke would have witnessed her mouth parting somewhat due to the shock and her swallowing. There had been no denial that the chemistry was there between the two of them. It had been there since first colliding in the Starting City.

But it was strange for Ferrah.

Most of her life she had been so classically called "one of the boys"; rough housing with them, pulled pranks with them and even beating them at poker. No one ever viewed her as more of less. Now here was a boy, in particular a cute one, who was asking her on a date. To say the least the girl had never been on one before, but the feeling of being asked on one was nerve racking and exciting. It actually took a second for Ferrah to realize that she did indeed have a feelings for Zeke. It was then that she realized that she was leaving the poor boy hanging.

"Sure," Ferrah announced happily, but nervously, "Do you have somewhere in mind?"

A small heartwarming laugh for himself, went for seconds in disbelief at Ferrah's response. The question she asked him was almost spoken upon deafened ears. "I do! I mean, I do. It has a great selection of anything you could want, and the place is huge for those who don't want to be bothered by others. Every table is off away from others to keep things between parties, so I thought it'd be perfect. What do you think!?" His smile had never stayed this long on him before, truly nothing felt like the first time he would attract such a wonderful girl.

At any given second he found himself to take the time when Ferrah wouldn't notice, Zeke examined everything about her and the memory they were making there. His thumbs rubbed lightly on the back of her hands as they were held, enjoying the feeling he didn't get to express before she had been taken away to fight. If he could think of a way, the scarf hiding her reactions to all of these firsts, would try to be lowered with stealth. It was killing him to not truly see what she expressed since he had his normally gloomy face remodeled in the thought.

Zeke's wide smile was contagious. It wasn't even seconds after that she found herself mimicking that exact same smile. Right then she decided that he was even more handsome with a such a sincere expression on his features. Ferrah had been perfectly aware that he was observing her while rubbing soothing circles on the backs of her hands. It wasn't long until the favor was returned. Letting her eyes slowly slide over him she took in features that would be committed to memory. Not only was he physically handsome but his personality was also very likable. He was sweet, somewhat awkward and caring. (How did this happen?)

"That sounds wonderful." Ferrah warming stated while gently untangling their hands and then hopping off. Her hands, which were once warm and tingly, were now felt cold and numb. Absent-mindly she flexed her fingers, but found that did not help. It had been Zeke's touch that made her skin prickle and feel warm. Becoming aware of that Ferrah's cheeks became and even darker red, if possible. What was even more embaressing was that the feeling was missed. Ever so tentatively, she linked her hand back with his and then looked him in the eyes, "Lead the way."

At the sound of her pleasure in the idea, Zeke's actions became more random and loopy because of his brain leaving his head at the emotion he was feeling. With her hand finding its way back to his, he took the advice with joy and lead exactly as she said. Although unnecessary, Zeke had lead her around a little longer than it should have took, just wanting to see some new sites with her to make the moments last. (This is my first date, I can't believe it. Everything about her is awesome, I really can't imagine how my luck could turn around to this in a game. Even if it is just for the game, it feels special anyway.) Speech to himself like this, ran constantly like a water wheel of thoughts until they had arrived. His conversations hard to catch up on between talking to himself and the girl causing these strange phenomena in him.

"I hope you didn't sneak a peak through the windows on the way over. I can't wait to see what you think." The smile still had never left him while he ran to the door ahead and opened it for her in eagerness. Looking through the hall leading into the restaurant, Zeke could see all the same layout he remembered. Tan colored stone walls arching across pathways over the dark brown and slight reddish carpet laid completely over every floor surface. At night, the place was kept lit by mainly candles except for the lights in kitchen behind the counter. Chandeliers hung over the tables with red rose colored cushions in the chairs to make things extra comfortable for those who sit. Among the decor were vastly different species of plants that grew in gardens along the walls and dividers.