[PP-F1] Traffic light

With each step Mikoro was looming closer and closer. She needed a plan, and fast. Pushing herself up so that she was now leaning against the barrier Ferrah stared up at Mikoro running though all the possible scenarios. Evaluating each one down to the last detail. Only a couple feet away the other women stopped. Ferrah, figuring out which plan she wanted to go with, readjusted herself so that she was kneeled down on her right knee. Chocolate brown hair, decorated with a black bow, hid her face from view. Raising the lance above her head, a sinister laugh escaped past those bright red lips. "Your done."

Ferrah didn't have much time to react. But those couple seconds that the lance was heading at her was just enough time. The foot that had been folded under had been braced against the barrier. Pushing off, with as much force as possible, Ferrah lunged at Mikoro. The force of the hit left both women tumbling. After the second roll Ferrah landed on top of Mikoro. Without a second thought she pulled her fist back. The blue glow that usually applied to her sword now surrounded her fist. A right punch. Then left. Mikoro was no longer putting up a fight. Placing her right hand on Mikoro's shoulder, Ferrah then pirced her glowing blue hand into the women's abdominal. It was over.

Ferrah's health: 4/11: Mikoro's health: 0/11

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"You fought well, you can be a great fighter if you focus your anger on strategy instead of swinging the Axe around like you aren't even trying." Zeke calmly stated to Itsumo before the NPC judge announced the winner. "Congratulations to the player Zeke! You have won your first round battle. Meet at the event stand eight o' clock sharp, tomorrow. The same time as you did today. You will face the one of the second round players at that time and see who has what it takes to go on to the third round. Good night to you both!" The NPC then put away their sword and disappeared into the blue stream of lights accustomed to teleporting players. "Prove them wrong Itsumo, but don't do it like this." Zeke nodded to him, the blue lights starting to form around the two of them. The torch lights that lit the forest, went out in a second and the last that was seen of Zeke's opponent was a emotionless glare that faded.

(I bet she finished before I did.) Trying to find Ferrah around the area where they left each other, it was stuck in his mind that she would have been done before him by at least three minutes ahead. Something about her demeanor, made her appear valiant and wise in battles. "Ferrah!" Zeke called for his friend, trying to keep a calm and only slightly elevated volume in his yells for her. Other participants appeared behind him, but none were Ferrah. Beginning to assume she may have went looking for an Inn already, it was nearly foolish to look in all of the Inn's that filled the city. With gentle placement, his Katana's blade slid back into it's sheathe and his hands were free to help him lean against the empty event booth that they had been previously occupied.

As Mikoro's body began to disappear a feminine voice filled the clearing,"Congratulations to the player Ferrah! You have won your first round battle. Meet at the event stand eight o' clock sharp, tomorrow. The same time as you did today. You will face the one of the second round players at that time and see who has what it takes to go on to the third round. Good night to you both!"

And then she found herself in back in the Starting city square. Taking a quick inventory of her surroundings Ferrah was surprised to find that Zeke was no where to be found. (Perhaps he already found an inn. Just to be on the safe side, Ferrah opened up her menu and selected private messaging. Typing in 'Zeke', the program quickly found him and then Ferrah began to type:

Dear Zeke,

Have you found an Inn yet?

Ferrah

As much as Ferrah wanted to ask about his match, she didn't. It would be something that they could talk about when they saw eachother once more. The only thing left to do now was wait for a reply. Finding a nearby bench she took a seat and let herself relax. Tomorrow the fight would begin all over again.

Zeke was looking around at the night sky that was given to players in this realm. It still showed every star despite all of the town lights that would block them out normally. When the sound of a new message appearing in his inbox played, he was about to groan in protest that maybe the tournament had something else planned. "Ferrah? This is from her? I never saw her come back yet." Opening it, he spoke the words quietly to himself without thinking about others around him. "Dear Zeke.." His cheeks darkened unnoticeable, his mind lingered on the two first words sent to him. (Have I really endeared myself to her?) He went on to think it was just her following normal message rules and structure.

(I'm over here at the event stand where you found me before the event. I was waiting to congratulate you but didn't see anyone that looked like you, come back. If you want, come by before you head off and you can tell me about how your battle went.) He assumed the conclusion of her win with proof in the message he had just sent to Ferrah. His hand lifted off of the stand and folded near his chest as he waited for her to walk up from a surprising angle and scare him. (It sure is cold tonight, they sure put some work into this nerve gear.) Zeke wrapped his nose and mouth with the scarf like he had before bumping into Ferrah, his hands clasped together and rubbed for heat.

Bringing her knees to her chest and curling up Ferrah patiently waited for Zeke to message her back. Nighttime in the starting city was peaceful. Barely any avatars roamed the streets and only the sound of the wind whistling down alley could be heard. Despite all that, it was slightly chilly and Ferrah's outfit wasn't exactly meant for cold weather. Then the sound of an incoming message. Zeke. Opening it, brown eyes quickly scanned the words. Without any other thought she made her way through the bare streets to meet Zeke.

Minutes later she was approaching the stand. Why the game decide to take her back to the square she would never know. As he said, there was Zeke standing in front of where they had met earlier that day. His scarf was pulled over his face due to the chill in in the air. (I need to get something like that.)

Approaching from behind she was sure that he would sense her, just in case though, she decided to speak. "It's a little chilly out, so why don't we find a place to rest for the night and talk on the way?" Ferrah questioned while wrapping her arm around herself for warmth. Hopefully, he would take the suggestion.

About to answer, Zeke kept himself silent as he watched Ferrah huddle herself for warmth in the cold air that he could feel himself. "Hey, Ferrah.. listen, take these." A bit of a minute and Zeke had his jacket and scarf transferred to his friend's inventory. He himself still had a long sleeve black shirt on underneath. "Put these on, they won't cover you in all spots, but they can help for the walk there at least." Zeke looked down at the cobblestone ground and felt his heart warm a little bit in response to his actions. His face emotionless during the change, yet he felt better than the times he would keep to himself and numb his mind from the world.

"So tell me! How long did it take you to wipe the floor in your match?" Showing a smile, he lead the way down one of the many avenues in the city, easily marked on the sides by the building that provided as a small window for shopping the many different places available to players. "I bet you didn't go past seven health." His hands reached into his pockets as he walked beside her, his eyes looking for the wooden sign with the three letters they needed, painted on.

Not even a second later and a jacket and scarf from Zeke's inventory were transferred to her's. Eyes and mouth widening slightly it took a second for Ferrah's brain to actually process what just happened. "Thank you." Ferrah replied softly, cheeking tinging red. Selecting both from her inventory she applied them to her wardrobe. The coat hung loosely on her, but that didn't matter. It was warm. Next was the scarf. Mimicking the way Zeke wrapped it she automatically felt herself started to get warmer and warmer. Whether or not it was due to the new clothes Ferrah didn't know.

The atmosphere surrounding the two of them was relaxing. Tucking the coat tighter around as they walked she too looked for the sign that they needed. "Oh, it took me about a good 10 to fifteen minutes." Ferrah replied, smiling. Overall, the fight had been entertaining and challenging. At the comment about not falling under seven she scoffed lightly. "It was a close match. Mikoro was good, but she had anger issues." (If she had calmed down and thought, she might have acutally won.) "What about you? I bet it was a peice of cake." Zeke seemed like someone well adapt in the art of fighting.

"So it was Mikoro you fought against.. I had the pleasure of fighting Itsumo. That kid was creepy at first but I understood his frustration." *Chuckles* "I was down to two HP and got the surprise over on Itsumo. It kind of felt like he gave up at the end, it bothers me some to think about but I know he'll be fine. His Axe was huge and did around three damage a hit! I was seriously lucky." Out of his peripheral, could be seen the way she wore the scarf in the same manner as himself. The smile on his face continued to stay with the moment he could feel, it was like each thing they passed by wasn't just something from a game but from another planet.

"There's one." Zeke pointed to the sign with three golden letters that spelled out Inn from the front door. The building blended so well with the one's it kept company, the sign was the only safeguard for those who did not want to pass it up by mistake. "I pictured it a bit more secluded than right in the middle of a busy road." He opened the door for Ferrah to go in first. Passing the doorway in, a sign read out how every room available only suited one person and the price was eighty Col a night. Zeke's body stood in place as Ferrah went on to the front desk at which stood an NPC dressed mainly white, the designs on the shirt along with the glasses made the Man look like someone from the Victorian era.

Judging from the way Zeke described his fight it sounded like it was just as difficult as her's had been. It seemed like all the players that had been choosen were of higher level. Even if that was the case it didn't lower battle experience. What Ferrah had learned in her earlier years was that it was really experience that mattered, not skill. Just some local street smarts that Vincent had taught her.

It was Zeke who found the Inn. Mentally exhaling; the duo entered the establishment. It was Ferrah who first stepped to the desk. She didn't take much notice to what the owner was wearing because as soon as she entered the Inn it was like a sudden tiredness had taken over. It had been a long day, so it was not that surprising that by now she would be ready for sleep. "Good Evening," He yelled joyously as a menu popped up in front of her. Ordering a room for the night Ferrah then turned around to realize that Zeke was not approaching the desk.

"Are you getting a room?" Ferrah questioned, furrowing her eyebrows. The thought had never even entered her mind that Zeke might not be able to afford a room for 80 Col. (I'm such an idiot. If he didn't have enough she did. Ferrah was one of those people that stored away money just in case. One never knew what was going to happen.

Standing in silence as he examined his first look at the menu brought up in front of Ferrah, the price was confirmed as it said on the sign and the amount she had was enough for her to get a room. It was a nervous anticipation for him to think of which method he could use to tell her he didn't have enough himself. Her confirmation on the transaction had went through and soon enough she was looking back at him right when his eyes instinctively trailed off like he was focused on painting nearby the entire time he was standing in wait.

"I wasn't planning on getting one, I've been sleeping in any ole' spot around town. It's a safe zone, so no one can even kill me or find me as long as I find a good spot to hide in. You can keep the jacket and scarf for as long as you need, I enjoy the cold anyway. I know that doesn't make sense but I also like fluffy jackets too. Message my inbox if you want to talk sometime and have sleep well, good night." With a nod and smile, Zeke left through the door and moved on down the street in search for a bench or alleyway that he could box himself into with boxes or waste bins.

And just like that he was gone.

"Good night..." Ferrah exhaled as she turned and slowly started toward her room. There was some part of her that hoped Zeke would walk through that door, but alas, it was hopeless. Closing the door she proceeded to stand there for just a second and just take in the room. It was a beautiful wooden room based off of the Victorian Era. A medium sized bed, wardrobe, and other homely goods. Shrugging off the jacket and scarf; Ferrah then proceeded to the wardrobe and hung them safely up. "Tomorrow, I'll return them"

Plopping down on the bed Ferrah was pleased to find that it was fairly comfortable. Once that was discovered she then accessed her menu and changed into her pajamas, which consisted of a loose pair of pants and tank top. Her pajamas in the real world as well. Pulling the velvety covers back Ferrah, settled in and then let her eyes adjust to the sudden darkness. For good while, all Ferrah did was lay there. Even if this was a safe zone she couldn't help but be worried for her friend. Zeke's well being occupying her thoughts until she fell into an uneasy sleep.

"This is a very neat little benefit still.. No rats or other things that hide in dark places like this to worry about. The stars are still there for me as well. I've seen them over one hundred times more here than I did locked up in my room back home." Zeke would have preferred to prop himself against the walls that made the alley up but there wasn't enough room to achieve his familiar position. Eventually he found comfort on his side, with his head resting on his bent arm. It had seemed like hours of wiggling around in positions before he could start to place his mind and thoughts around Ferrah. Each one making him feel safer tonight than any other night he spent on a bench or floor. (There's no use in keeping myself awake thinking about her. Let's just do this like we always have before.)

Erasing his mind with ease from practice, his eyes closed and his consciousness wiped itself from awareness quickly.

Eight in the morning was the hour of sounding bells and singing animals. Whether the ambiance was programmed in or not, it always had the best way of letting Zeke know it was time to pick himself up and head out to the fields. With small pushes and nudges from his tired muscles, he pushed himself up onto his feet with the morning requirement of a long yawn. (Still level six.. I've been here for almost a month I think. I've only recently received my Katana and still not enough Col to buy a stay at an Inn. I should get an award for laziest player to log in.) A buildup of small memories from the day before and he remembered a friend he had seen off last night to an Inn he had to pass up. A quick moment to send her a good morning message and he was off towards a cafe. He could afford at least two small things there.

MEEP...MEEP...MEEP...

Groaning, both due to the sudden loud noise and the the fact that she now had to get up, Ferrah rolled over and let her bare feet hit the cold wooden floor. The chill of the wood was enough to put a shock thorough her system. If she wasn't wake, that definitely did the trick. Stretching and yawning the girl then stood and started to toward the bathroom that was attached conveniently to the room. It there the morning routine started with a shower. After that it was taming her hair and then getting dressed. A fairly easy routine. Especially since putting on clothes required no other thoughts besides clicking a bottom. By time she was done, it was 6:30 in the morning. There was still an hour and a half to burn. Might as well get breakfast.

Checking out, she then pressed on to go find a local cafe of bakery to eat at. By the time she had found one, Ferrah realized that not only was she searching for a cafe, but also the male that had been met yesterday. (Get a grip.) She scolded herself while gliding in. Ordering a coffee and pastry she occupied a table near the window and ate slowly. It was interesting to see the streets come alive in the morning.

Right as the last bite of her pastry was taken, the notification of an incoming message sounded. (Zeke?) Quickly opening she was surprised to see a simple good morning. It made her smile. So, now in a good mood, she returned the message. Once it was sent she took another sip of coffee and just let her enjoy the quiet.

"Thank you." He spoke the message directly instead of putting in the words and sending it. His eyes looked up with the strain obvious across the lines under each socket. Cracking his neck then and there followed by a couple of slaps to his cheeks and he was ready to take on the road before him. This road lead him to the Cafe in mind which also occupied his friend Ferrah. Unable to turn back now due to the hunger he felt in this fake world, he opened the front door and found a seat at a booth in the corner away from any windows. Sitting away from the view that would have him looking at her, Zeke could pay attention without wanting to go over and interrupt her meal.

"A slice of cheesecake and some water please." The waitress took his order to the back, while he held his left cheek in the appropriate hand and waited. (I can go up to floor four today. I want to make sure I don't push any further than I assume I can handle, the experience from the enemies there will be more than enough for me to get a level in a day at the least. Since I haven't moved from this floor for battles, I might be able to get Col for a room tonight. It couldn't hurt to try it out for once. Healing crystals are needed, only one left on me and I have to use it to get more Col in the first place.) Once his cake and water had arrived, he planned out some ideas he might benefit from later in the tournament. His fork was the test dummy for this imaginary battlefield.

The atmosphere in the cafe was pleasant. There was only a few people in there so it wasn't very noisy, And it smelled wonderful. Closing her eyes and taking a deep breath, the aroma of fresh baked pastries filled her nose; causing her to smile. Ferrah probably had the biggest sweet tooth out of everyone that she knew. There was just something about the sugary substances that got to her. Plus, with how active she was it never really effected her. Thank goodness for running and kickboxing.

Taking another sip of coffee Ferrah leaned an elbow on the table and then rested her head on the heel of her hand. Naturally, Ferrah had noticed Zeke walk in. But he didn't sit with her. Not even near her. As much as Ferrah hated to admit, that had kind of stung. But her being her, she attempted to reason with herself. (He can do what he wants.) In the back of her mind though, a voice was gently whispering that she really did care. Exhaling and placing her coffee down Ferrah the started rubb her eyes. "I must be tired still."

Then she noticed the time. 7:30. An hour. She had been sitting there for an hour. Feeling the need to get to the tournament meeting location early; Ferrah stood, stretched and then started on her way. Since she was in no rush the girl meandered, taking her time and enjoying the scenery. Turns out, she wasn't the only one who was early. There was about three other guys, all from yesterday, standing near the location. Not wanting to sit Ferrah leaned against a building and waited until the clock struck 8.

By the time Zeke noticed how late he was, his hands were still filled with eating utensils and the Cake was still there. (Crap!) Both hands were placed on something and he started shoveling the meal and water down quickly. A small obstacle when the cold water started to choke him in the rush but a couple of hard hits to his chest and it calmed down a little enough for him to continue. With the food out of the way, he left more than enough Col and escaped the diner in a hurry down the street. "Wait a minute..." His feet stopped to a halt and he had recalled the NPC's message from last night. "The same time as you arrived today.." A quick check to make sure from the time he received the event message and he had confirmed that he wasn't late. It wasn't until PM that the next battles would be starting.

All of the tournament participants that remained in the finals, were waiting with Ferrah around the event booth with determined looks on their faces. None of them were expected to be seen actually there but Zeke had to walk by this place for the shortest route to the fields. To avoid calling them all out on the blunder, Zeke approached only Ferrah and whispered to her. "It doesn't start until tonight. It's supposed to begin at the same time as yesterday." He showed her the message in his inbox and the time it was sent. If the NPC did tell her the same time, then she would be able to piece together the mistake. "I'm going to go see if I can find any quests in the meantime. Do you still want to keep my jacket and scarf?" He kept whispering for no obvious reason but was prepared to walk away instead of confronting all of the players waiting.

A couple minutes before eight struck Zeke had appeared at the at the meeting location. Here, he approached her. And while doing so, showed her that the battles started at night, not in the morning. Within seconds her face her beet red. This was embarrassing to say the least. (Way to go smart one.) At the mention of his belongings Ferrah suddenly remember that she did indeed have his clothes. "I'll return them." She stated while opening her menu and transferring the items. "Thanks again."

At the mention of something to do Ferrah felt herself freeze. What was she going to do? If the tournament started that night then it was about a twelve hour wait. Then again, there was really only one thing to do. Train. Going to Grassland's once more to kill some boar. As much as she liked training, the Grasslands were starting to get boring. She wanted to go higher. Investigate new places. Meet new people. Not stay on the first floor doing nothing but killing boar. Not making any contribute to attempting to beat the game. But if she wanted to get there, then she would have to get stronger first. So more boar it was. The only reassuring thought was that the front line players had started out just like her. They, too, had to work to get to the top.

"Sounds like fun. Good luck."Ferrah stated while righting herself off the wall."I'll probably be in the Grassland's if you need me. Or just shoot me a message." By now, her face has stopped glowing brighter than Rudolph's nose and returned to it's natural color.

Immediately as his equipment was returned, Zeke dove into his inventory menu and clicked to place both of the items on. The scarf was wrapped around his nose and mouth and looped down over his chest before being covered by the zipper on his jacket. "You're welcome and thank you as well Ferrah. I'll be expecting to see a level up by the time the tournament resumes." A small laugh went through his scarf because of the small goal he gave her, but he wasn't entirely serious to put a time limit on her like that. "See you later." With a nod and goodbye, he walked towards the city gates before disappearing past the point of visibility.

<>

Using one of his spare teleportation crystals that was given to him on a quest earlier, Zeke appeared from a blue glow in the middle of the town's main center. (I should have been doing quests sooner.) The thought repeated itself within his head. Col would be making a clinking sound in his pockets if they weren't already sent directly to his inventory system. On his walk to the event booth, other players from this morning were there once again. Assuming no one needed to sign up again, Zeke followed the same idea and waited by sitting up on the desk at the booth.

Cold temperature'd air returned but felt more chilling than freezing.

"Seven fifty.. Ten minutes and I still have no better idea for this fight than I did this morning."

That entire day, with little to no rest, had been spent in the Grassland's fighting boar...after boar...after boar. At first the task had seemed daunting. Almost like writing a 50 page paper for Biology. But after the first couple it had not seemed so bad. And then then about halfway throughout the day it had even started to be fun. Although that was probably due to the fact that Ferrah had started to try different ways of fighting. Speed. Strength. Wits. The whole nine yards. It was though that experimenting that she found her talents mainly lied within wits; with some speed and little to no strength.

When seven o'clock had rolled around, making the sky slowly change and the air become chilly, Ferrah resolved that it was time to call it quits. Dispensing of the last boar she quickly put up her blade in it's side sheath and started back toward town. The goal right now as food. Having worked for almost an entire day without stopping really worked up a girl's appetite. This time, instead of going to a sit down place, Ferrah visited a little stand right inside the Starter city. It sold kebabs of all kinds; chicken, stake, shrimps, beef, and etc. Buying a chicken one she then advanced further into the city.

Having finished the kebab long ago she wandered into the meeting place once more. The people from this morning where present, as well as a few others. Sitting on the booth across the way as Zeke. There was now five minutes left before it started. Might as well just hang out and prepared. Striding over, she leaned on the opposite side from him and stared at the sky. "Five more minutes."

The same voice he had heard this morning, the one that didn't belong to a programmed character, had spoken to him. "Hey there!" Zeke's own blend of quiet and excitement spoke out to his friend who had chose to sneak up on him once again. Propping his legs on the booth and then sliding over to the other side beside Ferrah, he stood in front of her and brought up the HUD. Zeke's scarf and jacket were sent to her inventory as quick as he could push the buttons. "You don't need to wear them unless you want, but I'm going to try this battle out with less things equipped. I have a feeling I'll do better without the extra clothing getting in the way. You can use them whenever you want to. No need to return them. Unless of course, you buy your own warm clothing or you need the space or something like that."

Not giving her the chance to say anything in reply just yet, Zeke walked forward and hugged her with his eyes looking away the entire time. The hug was quicker than a normal one would have taken, but this was a leap for someone like him to even try hugging a girl. "Only three more minutes now. Let's show them how strong our fate is in these battles." An extended hand reached and waited for hers. (That felt like a really cheesy line from a movie. I guess this game is like a fantasy come true.)