[PP-F?] Breaktime (Keith, Kiru)

Guest Keith

Keith hung from a tree, his legs keeping him balanced as he gazed out over the grassy prairie, the tall blades just swaying in the breeze. He yawned a little, the wind ruffling his hair as he let himself sway a little. Boring. He popped open a menu and checked for the umpteenth time for any updates on Maverick activity. Nothing. It was like a day off. Keith pulled himself up and then hopped to his feet, Ruby sleeping up on a branch above. Keith took his katana and sheath off his side and leaned it against the trunk, as he sat down on the ground and let the shade cool him. "Ugh... Nothing to do..." Keith then remembered his partner, who also a Maverick Hunter, probably had nothing going on as well. "Well, misery loves company." He said with a shrug, opening his menu and typing a PM to Kiru. 

<Kiru, important business. I know you're not doing anything, so hurry to me as soon as you can.>

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. My voice quietly muttered as the NPC waiter placed the glass of water down on a wooden square. The indented part of the wood was supposed to be where the cup went but I didn't like that, so I took it out and put it on the table. I was sitting in my usual spot in the back of the cafe away from everyone doing nothing. I sighed, extremely bored, and looked out the window. Just as I did so, a message interrupted. I squinted at the tiny letters in front of me and read: <Kiru, important business. I know you're not doing anything, so hurry to me as soon as you can.> I rolled my eyes and read it over again, making the conclusion that nothing serious was happening. If it were serious he probably would have either found me or included information about a target. After about a minute of thinking I decided to meet up with him. With nothing better to do I got up from my chair and walked outside. I checked my map icon to see where Keith was and groaned, he was on the other side of Aincrad practically. I began to run through the alley ways and down the center of the streets.

Keith just sat under the tree, huffing slightly as he waited. Not exactly patient. Ruby jumped around in the field, and would back to Keith briefly, plopping some daisies in his lap before bounding off again and yipping happily. Keith looked at the pile, and then just began weaving daisies together. He remembered that his two younger sisters would make daisy chains like these, and wear them like crowns. Eventually, they taught Keith how to do it since they gave him so many. He made one daisy crown and set it on his head, giving him something to do as he waited. He then began to make another one and hummed lightly.

After about another ten minutes of continuously running through the town, I finally reached the other side. It took me a long time because I wasn't necessarily motivated, and there was no rush. I opened my HUD and checked once again Keith's location. He hadn't moved at all since I had last looked to see were he was, which was good.  According to the map he was close by actually. I pursed my lips and started to look for him. I scanned the area until finally I laid eyes on a blue haired player with a recognizable familiar prancing around. The tiny cat-like creature was bringing Keith flowers. Keith was doing something with them but I couldn't really tell from this distance. I picked up the pace into a slight jog until I stood right in front of him. Ahem, what is sooo important about these flowers? I asked while looking at him expectantly. 

Keith looked up and smirked, the white daisies linked into a crown around his head. "They're fun to weave. Besides, I'm made one for you too. So everyone can know you're the drama queen by your crown." Keith said with a snicker, standing up and putting the flower crown onto Kiru's head. "And the reason I called you here..." Keith whistled and the small, purple familiar poked it's head out from the tall grass, bounding over again, tripping, then scrambling back up and bouncing onto Keith's shoulder. "...Is because I am about to teach you your first lesson as your Sensei." Keith closed his eyes and held up his index finger, pointing upwards. "Today, we explore the better parts of the game, and I teach you the secrets of how I got to where I am today." He said, stroking an invisible mustache.

My eyes were locked onto his as his stood up, holding the stupid crown in his hands. Next he did the unthinkable; he put it on my head. Although I know I'm a queen, I don't like it, remove it immediately. I said blankly, obviously today wasn't going so well for me. I never handled my boredom all that well and today was just another boring day. After Keith called his weird familiar over, it jumped onto him. I reached my hand out and pet it behind the ears. When he finished his sentence, I scoffed. You're kidding me right? How can you be called my sensei, I don't see you as someone with a greater knowledge than me. I pointed at his head and mine with both hands and glared. We are matching, I don't like it. I said, not realizing the irony. At the holiday party we had been matching. 

Keith put his hands on his hips and rolled his eyes. "Well, excuuuuuse me, princess, but last time I check, we matched at the party and you didn't pay any mind." Keith said, nudging her shoulder as he pointed toward town. "And don't question your sensei. That is my first teaching." He started walking towards town for Kiru to follow him. "And again. Follow me. I have many things to teach you and so little time to do it! Hopefully by the end of today you may have learned something. Come along!"

That was different Keith, am I in the festive spirit right now? I think not. I said and closed my eyes. The flower crown tilted on the side of my head but I didn't bother to fix it. If it wanted to fall off of my head then so be it. You aren't my sensei, and I surely won't learn anything new. I may not know where anything is located besides a coffee shop but I still have seen everything. I was annoyed at how he could just roll over my rejection and insults so easily now that we were partners. Keith was overall a cheerful person but right now, he was way too happy right now. I gritted my teeth, holding myself from attacking him, and followed along silently. 

Keith walked along with Kiru, pointing over to the town. "There we go! Over there, I shall teach you your first lesson. To the town and then pick a cafe!" Keith said, proceeding forward to the settlement. Really he was leaving the cafe selection up to Kiru, since he was fine with just about anyone of them to go to. "And, I better see that flower crown still on your head by the time we get there!" Keith said, putting his hands on his hips and smirking, slowing down slightly so Kiru could lead the way to the cafe they would go to.

Have you forgotten the color of your cursor Keith? It's orange if you can't see. I pointed upwards to the floating crystal above his head and the one above mine. I could walk freely into town, but with Keith with me? I would surely be stopped again. When I become an orange player would I have this problem? I thought, fixing the daisies on my head roughly. Keith, you aren't my sensei, I don't need lessons, and I would not like to go into town with you again. If you went into town with me I don't think we'd be able to get away in time. I wouldn't fancy sitting in a cell with you for the rest of my life here. I stated coldly, stopping right beside Keith. Going into town was a bad idea no matter how I looked at it. I didn't feel like being chased all day either. 

Keith rolled his eyes and huffed. "First of Sensei-Keith's teachings! Do not question Sensei-Keith's teachings! Second of Sensei-Keith's teachings! Do not question Sensei-Keith!" He said, drawing closer to the town. "Besides. Guards are less common around this time of day. And, I boosted my sneak skill for times I felt like doing this. And on top of that, guards don't enter buildings unless they see you going in there. So, all we need to do is just get into a cafe, and then we're home free! Now pick." Keith said, adjusting his flower crown and smiling.

Today wasn't starting off very good. First I run all the way across town and now "Keith-Sensei" wanted to venture into town? I looked ahead. I'm always going to question you.. I let out a loud sigh, knowing that I couldn't refuse him, or could I? This isn't business related, I don't have to be with him right now! I thought, smirking just a little at the thought. Okay, you go to the coffee shop, I won't be joining you. I have something very important to do. I pivoted on my heel and walked away from Keith rather quickly. All this running and walking was making me tired but I kept walking away, leaving the blue haired boy behind. 

Keith stopped and turned around, huffing and dashing over to Kiru. "I don't think so!" He said, lifting her up and carrying her over one shoulder like a fire-fighter. "Too late. Not letting you walk away now!" He said, walking into the town while carrying Kiru against her will. Normally, he would have struggled with it in the real world, but using the game as his crutch, it made lifting much easier. "Now hurry up and pick one." He said, still holding Kiru over his shoulder.

I slowed down into a slight walk and checked behind me to see if he was following. He was. Actually he was running over here and it didn't look like he was slowing down. Keith. I said in a warning tone, was he planning to hit me? I stood still, hoping Keith would have the common sense to stop, but he didn't. Instead of slowing down like I thought he would, Keith plowed right into me and did the unimaginable- he picked me up and tossed me over his shoulder. KEITH! I screamed loudly, startled by the whole thing. I pounded my fists into his back but he didn't let me down. Keith told me to pick a cafe as he ran into the town instead. Just go to any of them! I don't care! Don't include me in your shenanigans! I yelled and kicked my foot into his leg. Keith, I breathed. Put. Me. Down. I hissed. 

Keith winced and bit his lip when Kiru kicked his leg, and he hauled over to a close cafe. Upon entering, he set Kiru on her feet and he straightened up, pointing to a booth. "See? Was that so hard?" He said whimsically, walking over to the booth and sitting down at it. "Go ahead and get anything, 'cuz I'm buying." Keith said, stretching his arms and adjusting his flower crown as he looked through the menu that the cafe had to offer. "Eugh. Coffee. Gross. Eeeeh... I think I'll just get strawberry cheese cake. You?" Keith asked, looking to Kiru.

When Keith entered the cafe with me slung over his shoulder he got a few looks. Then, he finally set me down and led us to a booth in the very back of shop. I sat down then stared at Keith, how could he be so calm right now? Since Keith probably wouldn't say anything about what just happened, I addressed it. Why in the world did you do that?! If we weren't in a safe zone right now you would have a dagger in your head right now! I whisper-yelled so we wouldn't receive any more unwanted attention. I then took a deep breath and sank into my chair with my arms crossed over my chest. My flower crown had probably fallen off in that exchange but I didn't bother to check- I knew it was long gone. 

Keith rolled his eyes and crossed his arms. "Well, sheesh! I try to do something nice, and you give me this! Figures..." He mumbled, looking back up at Kiru. "Oh... And your crown fell off. Good thing I made extras." He said, leaning over and plopping another one onto Kiru's head, taking an extra moment to adjust it. "There! Now, go ahead and choose something you wanna get." Keith said, settling back in his seat and keeping his eyes trained on Kiru, waiting for her to ask for what she wanted.

I scoffed at his so called "favor." You call lugging a girl with murderous intents over your shoulder nice? I asked as he mentioned my crown. Well if you didn't pick me up...I trailed off, he had more with him. He leaned over the table and placed another flower crown on my head and made sure it was straight before settling back down onto the other side of the booth. I bit the inside of my cheek and looked around me, I guess I didn't have any other choice but to sit here with Keith. Fine. I'll have a water and a strawberry creme cake. I muttered, lowering my eyes and staring at the table blankly. What's the big deal anyways? You could have had cake all by yourself and it would have tasted fine...

Keith looked up as he ordered their cakes, their menus disappearing as the food appeared in front of them. Keith shrugged and held his fork, getting a piece of his strawberry cheese cake on it. He closed his eyes and pointed one finger upward. "Grandmother said this, 'If there is a moment of enjoyment, it is even more enjoyable to share that moment.'" Keith said, lowering his hand and opening his eyes again, starting to eat his serving of cheesecake excitedly. He swallowed and looked up at Kiru, a little bit of strawberry on his upper lip. "Am I right?" He asked with a smile.

The two slices of cake and my drink appeared in front of us as soon as Keith pushed his menu away. I picked up my fork but hesitated to eat the cake. It looked irresistible but I knew what would happen if I ate it. If I ate the strawberry creme cake I would turn into a whole new person, all because of the taste. I put my fork down and listened instead. You could have shared it with someone else you know...I mumbled and took a sip of my water. I eyed the cake, imagining what it would taste like. The cake would be soft and spongy while the strawberry cream would be tangy yet sweet. The small chunks of fruit inside would be a sweet offset to the entire slice, giving it an amazing texture. I tore my eyes off of it any looked at Keith again. So you brought me here to share an enjoyable moment? That's all? Jeez, you could've just met me at the shop I was just at. I rolled my eyes and drank some more of my water.