PP F3: 'Exchanging 'Pleasantries'

Mari sat upon a rock - just outside the main settlement - Delilah Village. Surrounding the village was a field of dandelions. Mari, honestly hated them. She found them to be somewhat of an eyesore. Still. She had been out of touch lately - and was absently watching the players come and go from the town. 

Her pink hair swayed slightly from side to side; her two daggers resting lazily by her side. One leg crossed over the other - and her pink, torn skirt tucked neatly under her posterior. She wore a bored expression upon her features. One hand curling a bang of hair around it's index finger. 

"That's fifteen..." She said, counting as yet another player noticed her orange marker and turned to head back into the town. It seemed that her presence, so close to the town, just outside the safe zone - caused somewhat of a stir with the other players. No doubt they'd be whispering about her, wondering why a Pker was lurking around on the lower floors. Some, may even know her name, she had become somewhat notorious lately.

With what felt like a new lease on life, Aaphi's stride had a bit of a bounce in it. The road they were on was surely a road to success, there was no doubt in his mind.

"Kuro, i'm hungry. am i going to starve to death?"

Okay, maybe there was a little bit of doubt. It hadn't been long since he was standing on that cliff edge in floor 1 and considering the notion of throwing himself off. This game and everything about it was incredibly new to him, and he was fairly lost in it's ways. 

"Don't worry, a PK'er will get you before you starve to death." Kuromado chuckled darkly, "After we find and kill a monster or two, we can head back to the vill-"

Kuro stopped for an extended period of time as his eyes fell upon the pink nightmare lazily sitting just outside the safety zone. "On second thought, Aaphi, turn around. we should probably go ea-"

"Hello!" Aaphi, having walked well past where Kuromado stopped in his tracks, was waving at Mari and walking closer still.

"BAKA! Come back you moron! Look out for that person, her icon is orange!"

Aaphi turned his back to the stranger and looked at Kuro. "What does that mean?" he inquired with the most ominous feeling that he was about to learn something.

Mari looked up, noticing a few players who were heading back into town. The first; who had called out to her, had golden eyes and dark brown hair that cascaded in waves down his back. He seemed completely oblivious to the fact that she was a PKer. He turned to his friend. Asking what her orange icon meant. Mari swung her body around to face the two newcomers. The oblivious player was adorned in black with purple accents, the other - had longer hair tied back - and was adorned in bandages and wraps.

"Means I'm a Player Killer."  She said simply, leaning forward she placed an elbow on her knee, and her chin in the palm of her hand. "So, handsome - what can lil' ol Mari do for you?" She chose to be more...pleasant with him than what she would usually be with a stranger. The two men were travelling together, and Mari was sure, if need be she could take them both on; but she didn't see a need to. As long as they didn't try to 'fix' her she would have no issues with them.

Turning slowly, Aaphi faced the strange pink player and stammered a bit. The shock he was experiencing wasn't much unlike finding out you've been standing mere feet away from a panther. "A p-pink panther" he said,

Kuromado had caught up and drawn his sword. If he was going down, he wouldn't go down without a fight. "We're just fine, lady." he said grabbing Aaphi by the wrist and tugging at him. Though, the size difference and Aaphi's frozen stance proved it difficult to move him. "Come on, beans for brains, we have to get back to the village. quickly."

Aaphi snapped out of it and started thinking rationally. This person killed other players. She probably made a habit out of it. her level difference was already pretty staggering, if she wanted him dead, she'd have done it while his back was turned. He straightened up as if his spine had grown three inches. and looked her in the eye. She was there, but under a deep, thick layer of something cold. Like someone drowning below the icy sheet of a frozen lake. 

"Are you going to kill us?" he asked, fairly straight forward. 

Mari gave a small smirk, as he referred to her as a 'pink panther' The other, had drawn his sword and her smirk quickly fell into a thin line. "Don't be an idiot." She muttered to him. Pulling out her own dagger and twirling it around in her hand, deftly showing off her grand mastery of the weapon, with a flick of her wrist the dagger flew toward Kuromado, landing just in front of his feet. Mari wouldn't outright attack him, no - not unless he attacked her first. Even without her weapons she had the Martial Arts skill and could do minimal damage to him that way, if need be. 

The brown haired man straightened his back - staring at Mari dead in the eye. A silence befell the trio, and a tension had formed, one that would so easily break at the slightest of movement. Then came his question, straight forward and spoken with resolve. Mari couldn't help but laugh, as she shook her head.

"Ahaaha, kill you? Why on earth would I do such a thing?" 

Aaphi sighed with relief and broke his cool-guy machismo. "Oh, okay, good. I thought you were just one of those lunatics going around killing people willy nilly."

"Yeah," said Kuromado, bounding back from his 'near death experience' with her dagger. "And don't give us the  'judge me not for the color of my cursor' crap, cause we can't be too careful." He picked up the dagger and tossed it to the ground my her feet. "And stupid isn't drawing your weapon when a PK'er is around," he then punch Aaphi in the belly. "Its walking up to them and saying 'hello'!"

Aaph groaned and held his guts for a second before pulling Kuro to the side. "Hey, man, we know now that she's not going to kill us. Think about this for a minute." he offered "She could be on our side. Like how Timon and Pumba took Simba in on The Lion King."

Kuromado gave Aaphi a look of dissatisfaction. "Are you nuts?! She could kill us at any moment. You're seriously taking life lessons from a cartoo-" he stopped short, "Wait, just wait a minute. I've got an idea." he said, the epiphany bright in his eyes, "She could be on our side."

"i'm having deja vu..."

"Yeah, she's way stronger than us right now, and theres bound to be things out there that she could stop from killing us if we got in over our heads." Kuro went on "Alright, its settled. You ask her though, i think she has a thing for you. Must be your height, cause god knows you're ugly."

Aaphi wanted to protest that last bit, but kuro had already spun him around and started ushering him back to their new friend "Eh-hem, introduce us"

"Ah, um. well." Aaphi looked at the stranger with a brief loss for words. "Uh, My names Aaphi. And this is Kuromado."

Mari shook her head, "No, I know a few people like that. But I don't have the time, energy nor lack of Moral standing to do that."

Kuromado gave her a small lecture but Mari rolled her eyes, paying him no mind. She picked up the dagger, gave it another twirl and placed it back safely into her inventory. Whilst there; she chose to pull out a bottle of dark liqour. It was half full, in a square decanter, Mari gave it a swirl before taking a long sip. Her blue eyes on the pair, as they spoke in hushed whispers between themselves. Mari wasn't able to hear the entire conversation, but picked up on 'Lion.' The pink adorned woman rose a curious eyebrow at the two.

Finally, the two approached her again, and it as Aaphi who introduced himself, and his friend. "Mari." She said, repeating her name to the two before gesturing in front of her. Offering them a seat on the plush grass patch before her. "Pray tell, what you two were just discussing there, hmmm?" 

Kuromado hesitated to take a seat on the ground. he would rather stand but did so, despite himself. Mainly because Aaphi didn't hesitate at all to sit, and in comparison, kuro was afraid standing would further his hostile impression. He knew that if he was going to make peace with this woman, he had to cool his jets a little... or a lot.

"Well then" Aaphi started. Her question wasn't too demanding, but he still had to be careful about how he put his answer, Now that he was fairly sure of his safety, the stammer was gone and his usual light smile and heavy bedroom eyes were in full effect. "We were thinking that maybe we had been too quick to judge. Though its true, you have to be cautious, we still shouldn't make hasty rationalizations or harsh profiling. People should get a chance with one another." he explained. "If you'd like, you could join us for today and slay some monsters and maybe find some treasure. We can start fresh and make a day of it. Got anywhere else to be?"

Aaphi sat, and Kuromado hesitated, before doing the same. Mari turned her gaze to Aaphi who seemed much more at ease with the situation than his friend. He was clearly new to the whole mechanics of the game and how hostile Aincrad was. His friend was right to be reserved. "Too quick to judge, yes, but too right." Mari mused, swishing the alcoholic liqueur side to side. "You know...if I joined you - you wouldn't get any loot from those monsters. I'm far too high levelled for this floor. Unless you want me to drag your asses to the 9th floor. I'd rather not just be your safety net. Unless there is something in it for me."  Mari said with a smirk, quick to catch onto their scheme, they weren't the first to propose such a quest and certainly won't be the last. 

"So tell me," Mari began, "What would I gain, for protecting a couple such as yourselves?" She asked.

"Theeee.... joy of our company?" Aaphi asked, unsure of how the tables had just turned. He worded their offer the way he did to avoid this 'quid pro quo' type of conversation.

Kuro interrupted now that he saw they're intentions had been exposed. " I see, i see, now we're talking business." he said, stroking his chin and nodding his head, " Very well then. I'll do it. But only if you help us out and keep us from dying. But i'll say this, you only get me for the night, and NO kissing on the mouth. Its rule."

Aaphi berried his face in his hands and shook his head.

Mari gave a slight shake of her head, at Aaphi's attempt to just play off the 'joy of their company' She wasn't sure if he was playing the innocent - bewildered type. Or if that was simply the type of person he was. He was a difficult one to pick. It seemed his friend, Kuro was quick to pick up on the discussion at hand, without skipping a beat.

The man stroked a lightly bearded chin, seemingly offering Mari a night wit him. "Oh? Oh my..." Mari said in a somewhat shocked tone. "I thought you two..." She pointed between them. "Were a couple of some sort, no? Well then...." 

Kuro wanted to play that game, fine. Mari would play too. See which one of the two would crack first. Mari had no intentions of sleeping with any of the two men before her, be it for comfort or any other sort of....enjoyment. The pink haired PKer slid off the rock she was sitting on, allowing the bottle of alcohol to lightly fall to the ground with a soft 'thump' as she approached Kuro.

Sitting herself in his lap she drapped an arm around his shoulder, putting on a honeyed tone. "Who said I wanted to kiss you on the mouth?" She asked. Mari's eyes darted to Aaphi then back to Kuro. This was almost too much fun. "Will your friend join us?"

Now, at a time like this, any hard core fantasy junkie who wouldn't know a vulva from a Volvo would have been too flustered to think. But what Mari didn't realize what that she was sitting on a lap that was well used to being warmed by the bottoms of many a screaming band groupie. Due to his status in the current music industry, he was no stranger to the fervent pantings of ambitious female adorers. Which also meant he was easily fooled by her attempt to seem interested. In his eyes, it was hook-line-and-sinker.

"Naw, baby, you got us all wrong, Or me, at least." he sad, delicately curling a hand around her mid-thigh. " I'm one hundred percent, tested and approved, straight as an arrow. Him on the other hand..." he leaned in to whisper. "Well the ear rings a dead give away, aint it?"

Aaphi on the other hand was growing uncomfortable. Not so much because flirtation and  amorousness was any newer to him, but because he could tell what was going on and didn't know where it was really headed. About the time he was meaning to speak up, however, Kuromado made the comment about his ear-ring which he could clearly hear. So instead, he crossed his arms and let his friend hang himself.

Mari frowned, her tactic didn't have the exact reaction she wanted. She gave a heavy sigh, pulling out a strand of Kuro's hair, twirling it around her finger. She resisted the urge to grapple him and throw him into the floor as he placed a warm hand on her thigh. "That is such a shame..." Mari purred, a small pout upon her lips as she glanced over at Aaphi who did not seem to be enjoying himself at all. Mari offered him the slightest of sly smiles before her blue orbs turned back to Kuro, who seemed enamoured with her actions.

"Your friend is quite the looker," Mari began, running a hand up and down his torso. "Perhaps more so than you, if I don't get the both of you. The Both of you don't get my help."

"D'ya hear that, man? She wants an Oreo" Kuro said peaking around mari to wink at Aaphi

"I think your english is slipping, cause its 'orgy', dude." Aaphi retorted.

"Naw, my english is fine, I mean Oreo."

"I give, what the fu** are you talking about?"

"DOUBLE STUFFED, YOU TWIT! MUST I SPELL IT?" Kuromado growled.

It hit Aaphi in waves. "Heh.... hehe.... Hahaha- HAHAHAHAHAHA" he laughed and his resolve shattered into pieces as he fell back onto the ground. Puns and double-entendres were his weakness.

"Jesus... Anyway, Aaphi, you in or not?"

Aaphi got back up, and wiped a tear from his eye. "Kuro, i'm out. Nobody is in. She's playing with you."

Kuromado shook his head, "Why would she do that, man, think about it. We're all consenting adults here, threesomes are fun, and its probably been a little while. A woman has needs, man, they're human too." he said in a compassionate tone of voice, "Now get your head out of your ass and help me double team this piece of meat."

"What happened to her being 'human too'?"

"Thats outside the bedroom. Inside, she's a piece of meat and we're ravenous wolves ready to eat her." Kuro said, painting a vivid picture, " Actually, you handle the fine dining, the grunt works your responsibility."

Aaphi rolled his eyes...

An Oreo.

That was a new one.

Kuro was a lot more crass than Mari gave him credit for, the two bickered amongst themselves as to what to call it. As though a name really mattered. Finally, Aaphi started to laugh, Mari turned to glance at him over her shoulder, he rolled around amongst the dandelions. Clutching at his sides. Seems like Aaphi was the more perceptive of the two. Mari flashed Aaphi a grin when he denied Kuro's apparently generous offer - stating that she was simply playing with Kuro.

"It has been a while, but...Kuro was it..." Mari began, turning her big blue eyes back to the man, running a finger along his chin. "This piece of meat was just playin' you. Guess I can tell who the brains are in your duo. Eh, Sweetheart?" Mari teased. Despite the crass nature of Kuro, and the....very hard to place nature of Aaphi Mari was enjoying herself. The two were like a breath of fresh air. It was always like that with strangers, ones who didn't question her past, didn't question her, nor her motives. The two seemed to just live in the moment.

Mari pushed Kuro to the ground, placing her palms against his chest. "If you're a wolf, perhaps I should be the tamer mmm?" And with those words Mari slid off, dusting her hands. "Well, I suppose that was fun while it lasted - I'll give you a discount. Mari's lil' protection deal. All I ask for in return, is for ya'll to take your sweet pert a**cheeks down to the tavern and pick me up a meal." She pointed up to her marker. "Since I can't do that,"

Turning to Aaphi, mostly to throw Kuro off, Mari added. "And from you, a kiss on the ol' cheek."

Aaphi Grinned. "Fair enough. " he stepped in closer and leaned down to her level, planting a kiss on her left cheek. " Thats a down payment. We can eat later." 

"Well sh**, it was worth a try." Kuro said, rising to his feet and brushing the virtual dirt from his pants. "You know its not cool to lead people on like that. Just count yourself lucky that i'm not a the kinda guy who takes offense to it." He opened his menu and toggled to the party screen. "Three's company" he said adding her to the party.

The pink haired girl allowed Aaphi to lean down, and plant a small kiss on her cheek. If it were any more, she may have felt a tad too uncomfortable. Having Alkor in the back of her mind, still. It was nothing more than harmless fun to pass the time. Mari was actually enjoying the light hearted atmosphere, it was refreshing, compared to the normal tense air that surrounded her. Mari laughed, Kuro was clearly disgruntled by her actions.

"Perhaps you shouldn't be so gullible mmm Kuro?" Mari chided, stepping forward to place a finger on the tip of his nose. "Aaphi saw right through it. Maybe you need to start thinkin' with the right head. No? Count yourself lucky I'm not the kinda gal to listen to such idle threats." 

Mari stepped around him, accepting the party invite. She started walking ahead; "Right boys; straighten yer shirts and jackets. We are off to the forest of wavering mist. Guarded by a big scary minatour." 

Aaphi's eyes widened at the word 'Minotaur'. A boss. today would be interesting. They had yet to go toe-to-toe with a real boss. 

"Are their things we should get before we go after this thing?" Aaphi asked mari, interested in hearing how the strategy for fighting a boss would be. Up until now, it was just enough for them to tag-team low-level monsters.

Kuromado reached overhead to stretch his arms. "She'll probably bum-rush it while we pick at it and take a collective damage." he said. "Its the only way i can see us working."

Mari shook her head, "No, no things we need. I have a few potions, if need be - you two can pay me back for them if I use them." She gave Kuro small nudge with her elbow. "With a nice little penalty fee on top of course."

Mari was somewhat amused at Kuro's assumption, so he wanted her to do all the work while they picked off the rewards? It wouldn't be that easy for them. "Oh my Kuro." Mari began, "You want little ol me to do all the work? That's no fun." Her voice turned serious, as she turned her eyes to the route ahead. "That thinking will get you killed."

As they neared the forest, the faint sound of screaming could be heard. Anguished cries, tortured and pained. It wasn't real of course, just the ambience of the forest. The forest that Mari, called home. "I know this forest pretty well. I live in a cave in here." She began, pointing to the edge of the forest. "In about 10 minutes two minatours will emerge from there. We only have to fight one to get past, but if you want, we can take both on." 

Aaphi's knees literally knocked once before he composed himself. The forest was like something ate the Wizard of Oz and Alice in Wonderland and burped up some heathen hellspawn of the two. For a moment, he had to make sure the trees weren't actually glaring at him. and he still wasn't all too sure. "Just how deadly are these minotaurs?" Aaphi asked, a little concerned. "If they hit hard, i don't want two of them after me."

Kuromado, hardly phased by the dark, drippy atmosphere of the forest, interjected "I'd say we could take two itty bitty mini-taurs." he declared, resting a palm on the pommel of his sword. "We've been moving up in our grinding range. it couldn't be that bad."

More shrieks riddled the ambiance of the the wood lands as the players made their decision.