[PP-F4] - It's Burr Outside <Avalanche> (Completed)

Where Tyger was from, there wasn't any snow. It would get cold, but not cold enough for snow. If there every was, the state would shut down and people would run around like chickens with their heads cut off. So, when Tyger materialized in the 4th floor, her breath was immediately taken away. Literally. It was really freaking cold.

"Holly... Crap.... Burrr!"

Fishing around in her inventory, she found a jacket and made sure to keep that on. In the real world, did this mean her brain had brain freeze? 

"Seriously though, this is gorgeous!"

Almost wistfully, Tyger stuck out her tongue and hoped she'd catch a snowflake, but it wasn't real enough to make up for the real thing. Still, the crunching boots in the snow and the way her weapons and armor got cold, it was pretty dang close. She gave the game props. For someone who'd never seen 'real' snow, this was a special treat indeed. As she waited for Baldur, she spun on her heel to get a good view around her. 

"I need to come up here with Baldur again sometime, maybe for a date. This place is so pretty!"

Her inner girl was coming out. Date night with hot chocolate, maybe some ice skating, or just sitting with a blanket? Yes please! But, there were more important matters at mind right now. Avalanche, the Ice Elemental, needed to be destroyed. Baldur and Tyger needed that EXP, so she waited for her companion to port in, so they could begin.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Baldur had been right behind Tyger at the teleport gate, so he had assumed a funny flexing pose when he told the gate where he was going. When he materialized, he had assumed the pose from this really old classic anime she had loved. One arm was curled around behind him, and the other was curled up to his forehead as if he were hitting himself. When he materialized onto the floor, he called out her name and then gave her his best smoulder.

"Did someone call for a furnace?" He could no longer maintain the face, and instead broke out into a smile at her nickname for him. When the nights had been cold, she had always held him tighter for warmth. For whatever reason, in the real world, he had always run warm.

Tyger waved at Baldur as soon as she saw him when she turned around. 

"Oh yay! My furnace!"

Her laughter was loud when she realized they'd said the same thing at the same time. She skipped over to his side and put his arm around her. 

"Baby it's burrr outside."

She explained the information on the Avalanche, and where to find him. 

"Pretty sure we can take him quickly. A bit longer than the Bee, but not too terrible."

"Cool!" Baldur said in English.

He looked around at this point and saw how pretty the snow covered cottage town looked. It seemed like something out of a painting, or a Christmas card.

"We should come back here some time, this floor is beautiful! Maybe we could have a date night out here after we spend some col on really thick clothing." He blew his breath onto his gloves, wondering if they would warm him.

"So another big field boss? Cool! Do we have to farm wasps again, or are we gonna fight snow men or something?"

The fact that Baldur wanted to come back for a date made Tyger's heart flutter. Sweet! I didn't even have to ask! Yeah, perfect fella. Right here. Yup.

"I was just thinking that before you got here."

The information she got about the boss was limited, and she had to fork over a decent amount of Col for it. 

"I didn't see anything about spawned creatures. Just that it has a spawn point, and it'll spawn a few times a day. If we're lucky, we'll catch him first before other people. I mean, maybe we'll fight snowmen. I dunno whats up there."

She dug into her inventory and found a pair of gloves too. Thank god.

"Since we didn't use any healing potions, I figured we can just go ahead and go? Or is there anything you need around here before we go?"

Tyger was ready, but she wasn't sure about Baldur.

Baldur shook his head when she asked if he needed anything.

"No, since I didn't use any healing pots I bought for the Wasp Queen, I still have them handy." 

He rubbed her arm with the one around her, trying to give her some warmth. It didn't feel like the friction was doing much, but when he held her close, he could feel her warmth.

"Let's go ice this guy."

"Waka Waka!"

Tyger started walking towards the spawn point. It'd be up the mountain ahead of them, close to one of the caves. She assumed that if nobody came to the spawn point, the creature would just hang out in a cave or something. The Ice Elemental was nothing to joke around about, but hopefully they'd take care of him real quick.

"We might face some snowmen or something on the way."

She didn't really know what to expect, honestly. She hoped it wasn't anything too terrible or strong. 

"If we do, i'll try and tank everything as best I can."

"Snowmen huh... hopefully we don't run into any of those <<Giant Ice Spiders>> I heard about."

Baldur held back a smile as he held onto Tyger.

"I have complete faith in you pretty lady." He opened and closed his free hand. "I just can't wait to get my hands on a real Katana. I can't tell you how happy I am to know those are in the game." The familiar feel of that weapon... he wouldn't feel complete until he had mastered it.

"But first we need to get out of scrub land and get to the point where we can help out the people on the frontier, even if we don't quite make it into the assault team just yet. I can't believe we're already about to open up the 10th floor. The first floor seemed to take forever!"

Tyger nodded, ignoring his comment about the Ice spiders. She didn't want anything to do with anything spider. If he thought she had troubles with the Bee, he had no idea what would happen if they came up against a spider. 

"Well, looks like we've got something up there..."

She pointed her blade towards a moving blob against the snow. It looked like a... Yup. It was a wolf. It was much bigger than those they'd fought on the first floor, though.

"Wolf incoming!"

She took out her shield and ran towards the wolf, but it was already anticipating her approach. The wolf snarled and bit her arm, dealing a critical hit. It didn't hurt as much as it could have though, thankfully. Her feeble swipe missed the mark by quite a bit.

ID 7516, BD 1, MB 10

<Wolf 1> Dealt 3 Damage

<Tyger> Mitigated 2 Damage, Missed Attack

<Baldur>

<Wolf 1> 11/11

<Tyger> 21/22

<Baldur> 15/15

"On it!" Baldur called out, drawing his <<Hell Fang>> and rushing up behind her so he would be in the wolf's blind spot. At the last moment he zagged to Tyger's shield and spun around, bringing his scimitar down onto the wolf and taking out half of it's HP in one hit. He smiled at the massive damage he was doing, and took heart in the fact that Tyger was pretty much untouchable. Their margin of safety for questing on this floor was really high, and even if Baldur himself ended up taking a few mobs, they would be fine.

[iD: 7517 BD: 6]

<Wolf 1> 

<Tyger> 

<Baldur> Hit's Wolf #1 for 6 DMG (1 base + 2 weapon + 3 Skill)

<Wolf 1> 5/11

<Tyger> 21/22

<Baldur> 15/15

Baldur would be the one to start bringing the HP down. As long as Tyger kept the attention of the beasts they came across, things would work out fine. And besides, she had TONS of HP and a healing potion still, so this was working out in their favor. Baldur took down quite a bit of health, and Tyger attempted the same, but when she went to attack, the Wolf did as well, causing them to collide and miss their striking blows. "Stupid dog..." She muttered under her breath, boots crunching in the snow beneath her.

ID 7518, BD 1, MD3, CD 3

<Wolf 1> Misses

<Tyger> Misses

<Baldur>

<Wolf 1> 5/11

<Tyger> 21/22

<Baldur> 15/15

Immediately as Baldur's sword flashed through the wolf, he pivoted and brought his blade back up through it's body making his cut into a deep V. The second blow was enough and the Wolf shattered into a million shards which blended into the falling snow.

"It's almost like our own little northern lights!"

An Icon popped up in Baldur's UI and he tapped the button with two fingers, pulling up the menu.

"55 Col and a mat, not bad."

That was their secondary goal. Tyger was flying through Mats like crazy, and they needed Col to buy health potions and crystals.

[iD: 7519 BD 7 LD 16]

<Wolf 1> Drops 55 Col & 1 Mat

<Tyger> 

<Baldur> Hits Wolf #1 for 6 DMG

<Wolf 1> 0/11

<Tyger> 21/22

<Baldur> 15/15

The wolf was no more, and the comment about their own Northern Lights made her smile. 

"All the more reason to kill a few wolves, eh?"

She didn't think about it that way, but their deaths were kind of pretty, in a morbid, NPC way. At least they came back. Baldur picked up the loot, which was some Col and a mat. 

"Not bad at all!"

Her reply was chipper, but her face hardened when she saw another wolf. This one was charging already. She readied herself to take the impact, or hopefully dodge. As it neared, she used her shield to push the wolf's head away, but her follow up swing with her sword missed the mark, if only barely. Her Battle healing kicked in, and healed her for the last attack she took.

ID 7536, CD 4 CD 11 MD 4

<Wolf 2> Misses 

<Tyger> Misses

<Baldur> 

<Wolf 2> 11/11

<Tyger> 22/22

<Baldur> 15/15

"What big fur coat you have!" Baldur taunted the wolf as he pulled the same tactic he did last time, running up from behind Tyger, but this time the wolf ended up on her right, so he ran out from behind her on her sword hand side. The snow was thick and made him slower, so Baldur lept into the air, turning to land with his right leg forward and brought his sword down in an azure slash of light from the nape of the wolf's neck to its haunches.

"The better to line my coat with!" It was a bit more morbid than his usual humor, but the witty banter help keep their spirits up when there was grim or difficult work to be done.

[iD: 7556 BD: 8]

<Wolf 2>  

<Tyger> 

<Baldur> Hits Wolf #2 for 6 DMG

<Wolf 2> 5/11

<Tyger> 22/22

<Baldur> 15/15

The wolf snarled, drool slobbering on it's chin as it bit and snapped at the pair. 

"Be careful, your face my freeze like that."

Tyger taunted, slamming her sword against her shield as Baldur zipped around the wolf. When it watched Baldur, and turned it's head ever so slightly... Tyger dashed forward, sword high for another attack.  However, the wolf learned from their previous bout, and slammed it's head into her shield, sending her off balance. Luckily she had a shield there, but the beast soon followed up with a critical bite, jowls clenching around her foot until she kicked it in the face. She didn't cause any damage, but it made it let go. She figured Baldur was probably concerned, so she lifted a finger up where her health bar was, and showed Baldur that her Battle Healing filled it back up. So, she was fine for now.

[iD: 7561 BD: 1 CD: 12 LD: 9 MD: 10]

<Wolf 2> Hits Tyger for 3 Damage

<Tyger> Mitigates 2 damage, Heals for 1 Damage with BH

<Baldur>

<Wolf 2> 5/11

<Tyger> 22/22

<Baldur> 15/15

Continuing his motion of slashing through the wolf, Baldur brought his blade around and drove the scimitar through its back. For a moment, the wolf's face did indeed freeze in that snarling position, but then it erupted into a borealis of polygons. As the creature disappeared, Baldur looked up at a different spot, to where her health bar appeared below his in the team window.

She is already back to full health.

Baldur could only smile and shake his head.

"Careful babe, or your HP bar could freeze like that."

[iD: 7564 BD: 9 LD 14]

<Wolf 2> drops 55 Col & 1 mat

<Tyger> 

<Baldur> Hits the wolf dead. D-E-D dead. I mean, for 7 DMG

<Wolf 2> 0/11

<Tyger> 22/22

<Baldur> 15/15

"You know? I'm honestly okay with that."

Her breath came out in tufts of visible air, chilled by the cold as they continued to trek up the mountainside. She clung to Baldur for most of the way. Not because of fear, but because of the chill. In the real world, as mentioned, he was a radiator. Very warm, indeed.

"At this rate, we're gonna be stock full of mats and whatever else we may need before we even get to the field boss. Afterwards, it's just even more icing on the cake."

Her voice was smooth, almost in a happy purr as she continued up. However, as the trees became barren and shaken from the winds of the high altitudes, one of them moved on it's own, descending down upon the travelling duo with claw-like branches. The claws raked across Tyger's head, leaving red marks along her body that faded after a few seconds. The hit wasn't hard, thank goodness. Tyger jumped forward, eagerly.

"Think we can use this guy for firewood?"

She teased, hacking at him with her sword for a good bit of damage.

ID 7565, BD 7, CD 6, LD 9, MD 7

<Winter Ent> Deals 1 Damage

<Tyger> Deals 5 damage

<Baldur> 

<Winter Ent> 6/11

<Tyger> 21/22

<Baldur> 15/15

Baldur cried out in surprised when a spectral branch hand grabbed his girlfriend by the face and sliced her open, revealing her red wireframe beneath. He quickly recovered though when he saw how her HP bar barely moved. He joke brought him back down to a calm state. If she was joking, she was calm and not feeling threatened. And if she could hold it, he could kill it.

"I'm a lumberjack and I'm okaaaaaaay!" Baldur cried out as he charged the tree creature. It had sprouts of branches all over, so he used one to leap off of and gain higher purchase for his sword as the cyan slash split the tree creature in twain. As it shattered, he dropped to the snow again. With a puff of snow flakes.

The icon that showed he had loot appeared in his window and he tapped it with his fingers.

"Huh... it did, in fact, drop firewood."

He tapped the materialize option and a ready made fire appeared.

"huh."

He knelt down to inspect the fire and tapped it like an interactable object, opening a menu and hit the "light" button. He suddenly found his hands out of his control as he pulled a flint and striker from who knows where and lit the fire. It went up and a WOOSH of flame that was fake to anyone who had to grow up making fires to stay warm. But the fire did, in fact, warm them.

"That's actually pretty nice." He stood up and looked down at the fire, proud of his handywork.

[iD: 7566 BD: 7 LD: 13]

<Winter Ent> drops 55 Col & Firewood;

<Tyger> 

<Baldur> Hits the Ent for 6 DMG 

<Winter Ent> 0/11

<Tyger> 21/22

<Baldur> 15/15

With the ent gone, what had been a joke actually became reality. They could use the materials the creature dropped from loot to actually make a fire! Shocked and in awe at the mechanics of the game. Such a simple thing to do, where in the real world it would have taken quite some time to make a fire. Either way, she wasn't about to complain. The fire was warm, so she took a spot in front of it to warm her hands and the rest of her body. 

"Resourceful, sir Orkin Lumberjack."

She patted the snow next to her, saving Baldur a seat before the many masses of people took it. And by that, she meant no one. They were alone on this mountaintop for now, searching for a bitterly cold ice elemental with a fire. What could go wrong?

"Baby it's burr outside! Thanks for the fire."

Her rear was a bit uncomfortable, sitting in the snow, however. When she'd attempted to ruffle up the snow under her, her hand brushed against a material buried in the snow. Happily, she snatched it up and put it in her inventory. Hey, lucky day, huh?

"Who'da thunk?"

ID 7568, LD 19

+1 Material

Baldur smiled and crouched down beside her and held his hands up to the fire. "Did you find something buried there? Awesome!"

He had to admit, this was pretty nice. The two of them, a camp fire, a starry night in a cold, snowy winter wonderland.

"Who knew that we could still have moments like this. I guess, in some way, life still goes on, huh?"

He smiled at  her, his cheeks a little pink from the cold, and snow flakes settling softly in his hair.