Lottery for SAO character names

Mind you, this is just names only, you do not get to RP as the canon characters. Here are the details I need ironed out before we officially begin that started in the Skype chatroom.

[9] Erroneous: #1, do the winners get their own accounts renamed to the SAO character or be given access to a new account?

[9] Erroneous: #2, how do we determine winners? participants reply to the topic with their interest in playing and I use a randomizer to pick the name at the end or each day everyone gets to make reply and the first to roll X on the loot dice wins?

[9] Erroneous: #3, which names go for sale? a set name is selected for people to try and win or the winners get to pick the available names from the pool?

In addition, here are a few more.

#4, what is the duration between each names being offered?

#5, and what is the duration if inactivity from a winner should a name be taken away and added back to the pool?

Here's a copy of some of the discussions we held.

[9] Erroneous: #1, do the winners get their own accounts renamed to the SAO character or be given access to a new account?

[9] Aoife: Sweet!

[9] Zero: Siren wants the name of the Titan's Hand guilds Leader.

[9] Aoife: Their own.

[9] Zero: I'd prefer a new one.

[9] Shark: We could do titles

[9] Erroneous: #2, how do we determine winners? participants reply to the topic with their interest in playing and I use a randomizer to pick the name at the end or each day everyone gets to make reply and the first to roll X on the loot dice wins?

[9] Aoife: Err....

[9] Zero: Uhh....

[9] Zauis: Woot!!!

[9] Erroneous: those aren't answers...

[9] Zauis: I like it. :D

[9] Zero: I'd go with each day.

[9] Zero: Makes it more fun for everyone.

[9] Aoife: XD

[9] Erroneous: except the spammers who disregard the rules

[9] Aoife: Yeah....

[9] Erroneous: and finally

[9] Erroneous: #3, which names go for sale? a set name is selected for people to try and win or the winners get to pick the available names from the pool?

[9] Aoife: Winner's pick!

[9] Aoife: I don't wanna be Kirito.

[9] Aoife: XD

[9] Zero: Hmm winners pick, always satisfy the customer.

Opinion: I believe that they should be allowed to have it on their active account if they want to. For the others who feel indifferently they can have it on a separate account if they like. Just try to keep up with what the winners want. ^^

Opinion: We should have a set number of the basic main characters and be able to reply every Sunday and yes, whoever rolls an X on the loot dice will be able to pick which name they want because that meets the expectations of the players.

Opinion: Like I said before, it should only be like the basic main characters. So basically it should be like canon characters only.

#4, what is the duration between each names being offered?

Opinion: Well I agreed with you on having it on Sundays Erroneous. That way we can keep it going for a while and the lottery wouldn't end so quick. It'll also keep the players looking forward to Sunday because of the calls and the lottery. It'll be a fun experience watching everyone aim for the names every Sunday instead of everyday where the names would get picked so fast the lottery would end in a few days.

#5, and what is the duration if inactivity from a winner should a name be taken away and added back to the pool?

Opinion: Well I thought it over and I feel as if maybe two to three weeks is enough to take the name away from the "missing in action" player and added into the poll once the two to three weeks is up.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...