[PP-F2] <<Breaking the Unbreakable>>

Azide moved with a distinct sense of finality and fluidity, with ever ounce and fiber of his body screaming for an end to this madness. He wasn't quite sure what happened, but by the time he was able to stop and think about it, he heard a shatter coming from behind him. He turned around to see the particles scatter and fade, then looked down at his rapier. "I suppose sometimes a little bit of adrenaline doesn't hurt," he reflected. He sheathed Atom Slicer, vowing to avoid having to use it again during this quest. Quickly, he took the material dropped by the bandit and sent it to his inventory before grabbing the chest and hauling off with it. Once he was out of sight, he heard something moving behind him in the distance, roughly around the campsite. Even still, he didn't bother slowing down to check, or even turning around. "I've had enough of these bandits for one day..."

Before dark, Azide once again found himself entering Taran village. In the distance, he noticed the figure from earlier. He couldn't tell if it was a man or a woman from where he was standing, but what found interesting was that the figure was now hitting away at the stone empty-handed using a combination of open-palm strikes and chops. "In any case, good luck with that one," he thought, chuckling quietly. Before long, he'd returned to the smith's shop to show him that both his tools and the village's other pillaged possessions had been recovered. As per the deal, Azide set off with the tools, promising to return them as soon as he cleared some stuff up. "Literally, that is." As he once again exited the village to return to the obtrusive boulder, he looked for the figure from before, but couldn't spot him anywhere. In fact, he was incredulous to see that the stone he'd seen from earlier was now split in two. He shook his head, not being one to jump to conclusions, and began the long march back.

ID: 7711
BD: 9 (Crit +1)
MD: 9 (Crit +1)
LD: 5 (Nothing)

Damage taken (Azide) = 1 (Base) + 1 (Crit +1) = 2
Damage taken (Bandit) = 1 (Base) + 1 (Rapier) + 1 (SP's) + 1 (Crit +1) = 4

Azide HP: 3/15 (-2)
Bandit HP: 0/8 (-4) [Dead]

*1 material acquired (3 altogether)

"What gives?" muttered Azide. He swung the massive sledge hammer once more into the massive over-sized piece of rock, only for it to bounce off and leave his arms feeling like jello. Regardless, Azide raised the hefty tool over his head and brought it crashing down, only for the recoil to nearly cause him to drop the piece of metal onto his foot. Sighing, he tossed the hammer onto the ground and went over to pick up a pick axe he'd found in the toolbox. He raised the pick over his head, the swung it downwards, only to cause a similar effect as before. Growing a bit impatient, he continued swinging again and again as quickly as he could manage. By the time he stopped, he tossed the pick onto the pile and leaned in real close, only to see he hadn't even made a scratch on the thing. As time went on, Azide repeated this process with every single tool in the box, growing increasingly agitated as time went on. Finally, he threw a nail clipper he'd banged against the rock onto the pile of used tools. "My God, is there any way to break this thing?" He leaned against the rock and groaned, then slammed a fist against the boulder. Just then, he remembered the figure and the stone from before. "I've exhausted my options and I'm at the end of my rope. Anything's worth a try at this point..." he reasoned. He continued beating away at the rock with his bare hands- it hurt, quite a bit even. But eventually, with one final chop, the boulder finally cracked. "One more good hit should clear it for good." He brought his fist back, then swung it hard against the crack, making the massive piece of rock finally split in two, revealing an entrance to the elusive second-floor dungeon. Azide laughed, almost maniacally. After regaining a bit of composure, he swept his fingers through his hair. "I suppose in a game like this, it's not always logic or the obvious that win the day." He looked at the toolbox and the pile of rejected tools next to it. "I should probably return these, however." He set off to return the box, which he hadn't even needed, in the end. But that didn't matter. He'd managed to break the unbreakable.