[SP-F2] <<Long Live the Queen>> (Oikawa)

"Rumors of a hidden respawning Field Boss on Floor 2 has surfaced. A small party reported having farmed the <<Wind Wasps>> found throughout the fields awakened a hidden Field Boss. This monster, identified as <<Wind Wasp Queen>>, proved to be a dangerous opponent for the relatively low leveled party, and dropped a powerful Alchemical Potion. " recited the Info Broker. Nodding my head, I agreed to take the quest.

I had arrived on the 2nd floor. I quickly double-checked my gear and made sure I had my single potion. Though I hoped I didn't have to use it. Heading out into the woodlands, I hoped to make quick work of the Queen and her minions. 

Oikawa trekked into the woods. He marked trees as he passed, so it would be easier to find his way back. He also took note of streams and rock formations as he passed them. This was to give himself a mental map of where he had gone and how to get back. "Now the broker said something about farming <<Wind Wasps>>. So I guess that will be my first clue in finding the <<Wind Wasp Queen>>." Heading deeper into the forest, he kept a look out for spawning wasps.

Taking extra precaution as he filtered his way through the woodland, Oikawa regularly checked his back to make sure he wasn't being hunted. Especially if he was the one suppose to be doing the hunting. Oikawa decide to take a small break. He rested up against the side of a honey tree, and pulled a water from his inventory. He re-hydrated and made sure to mark the tree for a reference point. Returning the bottle to his inventory, he set off again looking for the damned wasps. When I actually want to find MoB's they are nowhere to be found. Go figure... 

Oikawa continued to search the woods. After patrolling around for another 15 minutes, he started to hear a faint buzzing. Trying to track the noise, he circled this way and that. Snaking his way into an undeniable circle. He knew this because after awhile he kept passing a tree with a mark he had left on it. Sitting down to ponder what this meant, he was suddenly ambushed by 3 << Wind Wasps>>. Drawing his rapier, he knew he would need to be concise with his thrusts if he wanted to take them out swiftly.

<<Wind Wasp>> HP: 12, Damage: 2

HP:

~Oikawa~

23/23

~Wasp 1~

12/12

~Wasp 2~

12/12

~Wasp 3~

12/12

The 3 wasps surround him. They form a triangle more or less. "So if I can kill you 3, you're hive mommy may show up?" Egging the Wasps on, he decided to target <<Wind Wasp 1>>, "Come on you over-sized Beedrill! Lets dance!" Lunging forward I aimed to split the creature in half, but my timing was imperfect as usual and I stumbled into the dirt completely missing the Wasp as it buzzed around me.

#7731 BD: 4

HP:

~Oikawa~

23/23

~Wasp 1~

12/12

~Wasp 2~

12/12

~Wasp 3~

12/12

The Wasps

The wasps had smelled the familiar scent of honey weaving in and out of the forest. It was unusual for the scent to move constantly, the trio set out to find the source. After circling the forest for a few minutes they had narrowed the location of the smell down. Rushing towards the three were met with an interesting sight, a player. They engaged battle with the player. Wasp 1 was the first target for the player. However the human miserably missed so they all dove in as the player tumbled to the ground. Needles out, they aimed and launched themselves at the player. Wasp 1 and Wasp 2 collided as they both aimed for the players head, while Wasp 3 waited a little behind before aiming for the players neck. Landing super critical hit on the player. (Dealt 1 damage [4-3 mitigation=1]

Wasp 1 #7732 MD: 5

Wasp 2 #7733 MD: 4

Wasp 3 #7734 MD: 10

HP:

~Oikawa~

22/23

~Wasp 1~

12/12

~Wasp 2~

12/12

~Wasp 3~

12/12

Scrambling to get to his feet, Oikawa was a little surprised when the Wasps took advantage of his fail. Rushing him, the Wasps aimed to take him out. However, the first two wasps collided into each other. Relieving him of any doubt until he was struck in the neck by the third. Grasping his neck, Oikawa stood, and aimed his next attack at the wasp that had dealt him the damage. Jumping up, he aimed his thrust right for Wasp 3's lower half. Connecting (Dealt 6 damage), he jumped back in anticipation of a retaliation.

#7747 BD: 6

HP:

~Oikawa~

22/23

~Wasp 1~

12/12

~Wasp 2~

12/12

~Wasp 3~

6/12

The Wasps

Wasp 1 and Wasp 2 had just regained there composure, when they watched their companion, Wasp 3, get struck down. Buzzing over to check on him, they decided to pit all there efforts against the petty human. Wasp 1 and Wasp 2 came at the player from opposite sides. They aimed to hit him at the same time, or least distract him so Wasp 3 could land a hit. They buzzed around a bit, then executed their plan. Wasp 1 came flying from the left, however the human wasn't as slow as they thought as he easily dodged the first attack. With his back turned to it, Wasp 2 went in for the hit. It was disappointed when the human, turned on a dime to use its weapon to knock the blow aside, effectively evading the attack. Wasp 3, now facing the human went in for a straight up attack. It was cut short as the human leaped into the air to avoid its effort.

Wasp 1 #7749 MD: 4 (5 - 1 Evasion)

Wasp 2 #7750 MD: 4 (5 - 1 Evasion)

Wasp 3 #7751 MD: 5 (6 - 1 Evasion)

HP:

~Oikawa~

22/23

~Wasp 1~

12/12

~Wasp 2~

12/12

~Wasp 3~

6/12

From his left and right, Wasp 1 and Wasp 2 came at him. Wasp 1 arrived first but, Oikawa easily dodge that weak attempt of an attack. Behind him he could hear the furious beating of insect wings. Turning on his heel, he raised his rapier to block the incoming attack. Pushing off that wasp, he came face to face with Wasp 3 yet again. The wasp lurched forward, opting for a direct attack. Seeing this , Oikawa leaped into the air to avoid the wasp's needle and singled it out as his target again. Falling towards it, he aimed this time for the wasp's head. Just off the mark, he missed the wasp. This left him open for another counter attack.

#7752 BD: 2

HP:

~Oikawa~

22/23

~Wasp 1~

12/12

~Wasp 2~

12/12

~Wasp 3~

6/12

The Wasps

Wasp 1 wasn't feeling to confident in this fight as none of it's hits had connected so far. It flew up behind the player but rather than attack him, it seemed to be blocking him off from escape. Noticing what Wasp 1 had done, Wasp 2 followed suit. They had efficiently locked the combat to between the player and Wasp 3. Having barely avoided decapitation, Wasp 3 acknowledges the other two wasps effort, and proceeded to attack the human while he was still vulnerable. Wasp 3 hovered over the player, then decided to not only jab him with his needle but (Dealt 1 damage [2 +2 - 3 damage mitigation= 1]), impale him in an attempt to slowly drain his HP.

Wasp 1 - Standby

Wasp 2 - Standby

Wasp 3 #7753 MD: 9 (10 - 1 Evasion)

HP:

~Oikawa~

21/23

~Wasp 1~

12/12

~Wasp 2~

12/12

~Wasp 3~

6/12

Oikawa sat crouched. Observing his enemies. Suddenly Wasp 1 flew up behind him, but it didn't attack. Oikawa tested to see what it was planning. He moved forward, and the wasp moved back. He deduced that it was trapping him. Apparently Wasp 2 had the same plan, as it joined Wasp 1 in it's trapping antics. "So it'll just be me and this guy eh? Fine. If y'all wanna die one by one that's fine with me." He then turned to face the only wasp with the gall to fight. "As for you, I'm going to end this quickly." Raising his blade to shoulder height, he rushed at the Wasp in the blink of an eye. The wasp's head suddenly had a giant red hole in it (Dealt 8 damage). Exploding into pixels, the insect left behind a loot orb. Oikawa walked over, picked it up, then turned to face the remaining two wasps. "So who's next" Smirking he felt a surge of life as his Life steal kicked in (Healed 1 HP). 

[Oikawa-The Faint received Wasp's Needle x1 (material)][Oikawa-The Faint received 60 Col]

#7754 BD: 10 LD: 15

HP:

~Oikawa~

22/23

~Wasp 1~

12/12

~Wasp 2~

12/12

~Wasp 3~ DEAD

0/12

The Wasps

With Wasp 3 dead, the remaining two wasps decided they were going to finish this for there comrade. Wasp 1 flew in front of the human, while Wasp 2 flew behind him. Flying up, Wasp 1 attempted to nose dive the player, while Wasp 2 opted to spear him in the back. Coming at him full speed the player had little time to react, to their new aggressive approach. The player was thinking ahead however. Just before Wasp 1 connected with him, the player dodged forward. This meant three things. One, Wasp 1 was now stuck in the ground due to his needle impaling nothing but the earth. Two, Wasp 2 was aiming for the players back. Wasp 1 is now where the player used to be, so they collide. Three, the player had dodge all their attacks yet again. With the two wasps laid out near each other they were east targets for the now eager human.

Wasp 1 #7763 MD: 2 (3 - 1 Evasion)

Wasp 2 #7753 MD: 0 (1 - 1 Evasion) BEYOND EPIC FAIL

HP:

~Oikawa~

22/23

~Wasp 1~

12/12

~Wasp 2~

12/12

~Wasp 3~ DEAD

0/12

Oikawa had seen this attack pattern before on lower levels of Aincrad. On creature would attack high or from above, and the other would attack low. Since, these guys were just lowly wasps they lacked execution.  Timing his jump forward would be the hard part. If he did this correctly though everything would go as planned. Just as Wasp 1 swooped down on him, Oikawa counted 4 3 2 1..Now! Jumping forward, he narrowly missed I direct hit from the wasp. He turned around just in time to see Wasp 2 smash right into Wasp 1 just like he planned. "You two make it too easy" Raising Fast Stinger, he lunged at the heap of insects, with the intent to hit both. The collision had knocked Wasp 1 loose enough for it to evade , Oikawa's lunge. Wasp 2 wasn't so lucky. Taking a thrust to the chest, Wasp 2 went careening into a tree (Dealt 6 damage). "Ahh this is too easy" He exclaimed as another health surge washed over him (Healed 1 HP). 

#7767 BD: 4 @Wasp 1

#7768 BD: 8 @Wasp 2

HP:

~Oikawa~

23/23

~Wasp 1~

12/12

~Wasp 2~

6/12

~Wasp 3~ DEAD

0/12

The Wasps

Wasp 2 felt a sting of pain as it was sent flying into a tree. Recovering from the blow, it buzzed toward its Wasp brother. The two then simultaneously rushed at Oikawa. The player used his shield to block off Wasp 1's assault, however he left himself vulnerable to the strike of a vengeful Wasp 2. Sticking the player in the side (Dealt 1 damage), it hovered back prepared to receive another attack from the player. 

Wasp 1 watched as his brother went flying into a tree. Wasp 2 had recovered and joined him. Together they launched an attack on the player. He was blocked off by the human, but this allowed Wasp 2 to sneak in a hit on the player. Hovering back as well, it joined Wasp 2.

Wasp 1 #7916 MD: 3 (4 - 1 Evasion)

Wasp 2 #7917 MD: 7 (8 - 1 Evasion)

HP:

~Oikawa~

21/23

~Wasp 1~

12/12

~Wasp 2~

6/12

~Wasp 3~ DEAD

0/12

Oikawa slowly paced between the two remaining bugs. Which one should I target? Wasp 2 is closer to death but Wasp 1 still has full HP. Hmm screw it lets kill Wasp 2. Raising his rapier, Oikawa was a blur on the battlefield. Darting from right to left, he was suddenly upon Wasp 2. Cocking his arm back, he thrusted with all his might. Unfortunately all his effort was put to waste as he struck nothing but air. Wasp 2 had been watching the players movements, and as such easily evaded his attack. Now it was their turn to strike.

#8715 BD: 2 

HP:

~Oikawa~

21/23

~Wasp 1~

12/12

~Wasp 2~

6/12

~Wasp 3~ DEAD

0/12

The Wasps

Wasp 2 watched as the player darted back forth. Timing his movements, The Wasp easily evaded the attack. Not waiting for the player to defend itself, it lunged. It missed however due to the player rolling out of the way, thus causing Wasp 2 to swipe nothing and go tumbling into the dirt. Wasp 1 had hovered watching the events unfold. Wanting to avenge its series of failed attempts it attacked the player once more. However, its attempts were again futile as the player easily swatted the attack away with his shield. Wasp 1 then flew over to Wasp 2 and protected it from further harm.

Wasp 1 #8717 MD: 4 (5 - 1 Evasion)

Wasp 2 #8718 MD: 0 (1 - 1 Evasion)

HP:

~Oikawa~

21/23

~Wasp 1~

12/12

~Wasp 2~

6/12

~Wasp 3~ DEAD

0/12

The Wasps wasted no time attacking Oikawa. Having rolled out of the way of Wasp 2's lunge, he had to raise his shield to protect himself from Wasp 1's assault. Before he could even decide to attack Wasp 2 again, Wasp 1 hovered over it in attempt to protect it. "Well have it your way. " Oikawa lunged at Wasp 1. Lifting his blade, he tried to hit the core of Wasp 1. The Wasp deflected his attack using his stinger in a defensive way. "So it's not gonna be easy huh?"

#8720 BD: 2 

HP:

~Oikawa~

21/23

~Wasp 1~

12/12

~Wasp 2~

6/12

~Wasp 3~ DEAD

0/12

The Wasps

Wasp 1 braced itself for the incoming attack. As the player rushed it, Wasp 1 decided to use its needle to instead block the attack. Instead of retaliating though, Wasp 1 stayed in a defensive stance, protecting Wasp 2. Wasp 2 attempted to fly up, but it had permanent wing damage thus it couldn't fly to the player to attack. Buzzing among one another, they waited for the player to make another move.

Wasp 1 #8721 MD: 0 (1 - 1 Evasion)

Wasp 2 #8722 MD: 4 (5 - 1 Evasion)

HP:

~Oikawa~

21/23

~Wasp 1~

12/12

~Wasp 2~

6/12

~Wasp 3~ DEAD

0/12

Oikawa waited for the bugs to retaliate but they never did. Seeing this as a sign of weakness, he attacked again. Rushing forward he attempted a jumping down stab that way he could try to impale both of them. Sprinting straight forward, he leaped up and narrowed his sights. Waiting to for the perfect opportunity, he lunged. Speeding downwards, he aimed right for the chest of Wasp 1, and the back of a downed Wasp 2. He inflicted a direct hit on Wasp 1 and left it with a paralyzing effect (Dealt 8 damage and caused Paralysis). The blow wouldn't make it to Wasp 2 however. Wasp 1 dropped to the ground. Wasp 2 stood up and eyed the player. "Just you and me now huh?" Oikawa asked as he healed another point of damage (Healed 1 HP). 

#8723 BD: 10 @Wasp 1

#8724 BD: 1 @Wasp 2 

HP:

~Oikawa~

22/23

~Wasp 1~ PAR

4/12

~Wasp 2~

6/12

~Wasp 3~ DEAD

0/12

The Wasps

Wasp 1 waited for the players attack. This proved to be a bad strategy this time around as the player unleashed an aerial attack. Hit with an excruciating pain and a feeling of static discharge, Wasp 1 dropped from the air and laid there paralyzed. Wasp 2 Watched as its comrade fell to the ground. Not happy with the circumstances, Wasp 2 hobbled to the player and started to beat its remaining wings in a frenzy. This attack let out a vibration that could severely hurt a player at close range. Getting close enough, the vibration pierced the players ears, dropping him to his knees( Dealt 1 damage).

Wasp 1 is Paralyzed

Wasp 2 #8725 MD: 6 (7 - 1 Evasion)

HP:

~Oikawa~

21/23

~Wasp 1~ PAR

4/12

~Wasp 2~

6/12

~Wasp 3~ DEAD

0/12