[PP-F6] Secrets of the Jungle (Oikawa)

"I don't know how to feel about this turn of events," thought Azide as he glanced over at a recently-awakened Oikawa. "You okay over there, Oikawa?" he asked, watching as his teammate sheepishly approached the second spider, before being overtaken by a bout of insanity. Or something of that sort. Azide jumped out of the way of the first spider's attack, feeling the hairs of limb brush against his skin as he did so. "Just barely escaped its reach." He ran forward and thrusted his rapier out at the creature, but missed as it skittered out of the way like a crab. He shifted his eyes toward Oikawa, seeing his partner had missed as well. "You really don't have to fight them if you don't want to- it's alright with me!"

ID: 8550

BD: 2 (Miss)

MD: 6 (+1 Evasion) = 5 (Miss)

Damage taken (All) = 0 (Misses)

Azide HP: 22/22

Oikawa HP: 22/22

Spider 1 HP: 4/11

Spider 2 HP: 11/11

Oikawa glanced at Azide and acknowledge his concern. "Oh me? I'm fine. Really I am. I'm just...having a little fun" Twisting himself back around, he lunged at the second spider. Dragging his rapier across the ground he leaped into the air. "Hahaha don't you just love when your prey squirms in terror as it realizes that the fabric of life that holds it together, is in the palm of someone else's hand?" Raising his blade, he thrusted downward. He expected to hear the splitting of spider bones and a shriek from the creature itself. However he just felt the solid mush feel of moss covered earth. "Well aren't you an evasive one?" Looks like I'll have to literally tear your ass limb from limb so you can't scuttle away anymore. You stupid son of a- *umph* Oikawa was knocked into a crumpled heap (Received 1 damage). The spider had no intention of listening to his crazy monologue and as such it just kicked the nuisance aside.

Regaining himself, Oikawa felt his rib where the slash appeared. "Is that the best you got?" he asked as he lapped the blood from his finger. "I'm gonna do much worse.." Glancing over again at Azide, he watched as his comrade evaded another attack and tried to get Oikawa not to fight in this state. "Oh I wouldn't miss this for the world," Oikawa cackled as another gruesome smile placed itself on his lips. "In fact I'm just getting started" 

#ID: 8551 BD: 4 MD: 8 (9 - 1 Evasion)

~Oikawa~

HP: 21/22

~Azide~

HP: 22/22

~Spider 1~

HP: 4/11

~Spider 2~

HP: 11/11

"You know, you're making it awfully hard to decide which is creepier- you or the spiders," said Azide, watching as his guild mate rambled on about something. Azide continued to watch as said guild mate made a move against the second spider, only to miss and take a hit himself. He looked 'fine', in the way you might describe a meal you'd managed to choke down after being asked by the chef.

He shook his head, then turned his attention back to the former spider. It looked to be on its last legs, so to speak. "Still not sure if it counts as a spider." In any case, he ran forward and leapt over a fuzzy appendage as the creature attempted to swipe at him with one of its front legs. With the beast finally within range, he darted forward and slashed across the spider's face, making it curl its legs before finally shattering. It left behind a venom sack, along with some of its spider silk.

He sent the materials along with a minor amount of col to his inventory, then ran over to Oikawa, keeping his sword raised. "I think it'd be a good idea for your sake if we finished this sooner, rather than later. I'd rather not travel around this place with someone clearly off his rocker," said Azide, keeping an eye on the remaining creature.

ID: 8556

BD: 6 (Hit)

MD: 1 (Miss)

LD: 19 (Loot found)

Damage taken (Azide) = 0 (Miss)

Damage taken (Spider 1) = 1 (Base) + 3 (Weapon) + 3 (Skills) = 7

Azide HP: 22/22 (-0)

Oikawa HP: 21/22 (-0)

Spider 1 HP: -3/11 (-7) [Dead]

Spider 2 HP: 11/11 (-0)

*1 material acquired + 1 bonus material (2 materials acquired, total).

**Spider 1 HP (11) * 5 = 55 Col acquired.

"There's nothing creepy about disposing scum like creatures through torturous means...Is there?" Azide had made his way over to Oikawa, but that proved to make things a bit worse. Literally touching nose to nose, a wide-eyed Oikawa cracked a wicked smile. displaying his pearly whites, he spoke. "Now look here Azide-kun things have changed for the better. Don't you want a ruthless partner? Rather than a wimpy fainting cry baby? Hmm? Hmm?" Growing increasingly more insane by the second, Oikawa used the hilt of his rapier to push Azide away. "Sorry friend.. you're right.. we need to end this quickly...I'm having to much fun thinking of all the ways I could torture this ridiculous spider. "Speaking of which.." He clicked his tongue and licked at the corners of his mouth again. "..lets start with a few legs... "

Darting towards the spider, Oikawa rapidly thrusted at several of the hairy arachnid's appendages (Dealt 6 damage). Finishing his strokes, he appeared on the other side of the creature holding 6 dangling furry sporadic legs. As they exploded into crystals, the spider toppled over as it couldn't quite scurry away with the random limbs it had left. Licking the edge of his blade Oikawa spoke again. "No more scurrying you worthless excuse for a MoB. Now how about those eyes? I think they'll look good in jar in Azide-kun's Lab. What do you think Azide?"

#ID: 8561 BD: 7 MD: 1 (2 - 1 Evasion)

~Oikawa~

~Azide~

HP: 22/22

~Spider 1~ DEAD

HP: 0/11

~Spider 2~

HP: 5/11

Azide found himself nodding in approval at Oikawa's comment. "It's a bit morbid, but he might be onto something there. It'd certainly evoke a very similar feel to those curiosities I'd always see stored away in jars of formaldehyde. Nothing flashy- more of a conversation starter than anything. Hmm..." He shook his head, shaking it off. "What was I thinking? A spider's eye is much too small to give that effect. Ugh, but that's beside the point."

He looked at Oikawa, letting his eyes pierce through whatever had taken hold of his guild mate. "I'm beginning to wonder if you need to be knocked out again, Oikawa," Azide remarked with a chuckle. But the curiosity which lingered after his comment was, in fact, an honest one. Glancing back at the spider, he tightened his grip on Quantum Slicer and dashed forward. "Better to dispose of this thing before taking any drastic measures," he thought.

He quickly closed the distance between himself and the immobilized spider, then leapt atop its back, preparing to deliver a death blow to the creature from above.

However, both this idea as well as the player himself came crashing down as the spider rolled itself over. Upon being thrown to the ground, the player found himself stabbed by the sharp barb of one of the beast's four remaining limbs. Clasping an arm around the barb, the player quickly managed to pull it from his body, then freed himself from its clutches.

Azide quickly moved himself out the creature's range, clutching his arm and grimacing. But he knew the pain would heal soon enough.

ID: 8569

BD: 2 (Miss)

MD: 7 (Hit)

Damage taken (Azide) = 2 (Base) - 2 (Mitigation) = 1 (Min)

Damage taken (Spider 2) = 0 (Miss)

Azide HP: 21/22 (-1)

Oikawa HP: 21/22

Spider 2 HP: 5/11 (-0)

"I prefer consciousness when I'm plucking spider eyes out of their socket," he stated as he turned to watch Azide try and fail at delivering the final blow. "Well spidey, I gave you a chance to die a less painful death at the hands of Azide, but now its my turn. Gripping his rapier tightly, Oikawa sped off towards the spider. The spider wasn't going to go down without fight though. Using one of its 4 limbs, it stabbed Oikawa as he neared the creature (Received 1 damage). Grabbing the leg he had been speared with, Oikawa broke it off in his chest and pulled the other half out. "Didn't I say you were gonna have to try harder than that?" Taking the same approach as Azide, he jumped onto the spiders back. However his plan was different. Using his rapier for support, he climbed up to the spiders head. "Now this is where the real torture begins. Inquisiteur ..engage!" Oikawa used the shield to mercilessly bash the spider's face. Repeatedly crushing eye after eye until the beast finally dispersed into pixels. 

All that remained was a venom sac material. Collecting his loot, Oikawa turned to Azide and spoke. "I've never had so much fun killing something before. Should I feel this good Azide-kun? Should I?"

#ID: 8561 BD: 6 LD: 3 MD: 9 (10 - 1 Evasion)

~Oikawa~

HP: 20/22 (-1)

~Azide~

~Spider 1~ DEAD

HP: 0/11

~Spider 2~ DEAD

HP: 0/11 (-6)

Azide watched as Oikawa dispatched the spider mercilessly, then continued to watch as the creature shattered into pieces and faded from view. As the arachnophobe turned to speak with him, he couldn't help but notice the look in his eyes. "It's hard to describe, but it's quite disconcerting," he thought, as he listened to his guild mate question him. "Not to mention the certain tone in his voice that I'm not quite a big fan of either. Also, those honorifics creep me out, but I'm pretty sure he always uses those. Hopefully that doesn't make me racist."

Suddenly, he heard the shattering sound that'd always accompanied the breaking of an object. He turned around and quickly spotted the source of the sound. "It looks like the unbreakable vines have disappeared, Oikawa. But my hope of your normalcy returning after the spiders' defeat seems to have gone unrealized." Azide shot a stern look at Oikawa, his face a picture of calmness. He pulled up the SAO interface, then quickly scrolled through the options with a few quick taps. "Remember that idea I had earlier about knocking you out?" He shifted his eyes to the holographic menu for a moment, then tapped away a few more times. "Well, let's just say I'm not exactly interested in becoming an orange player, so I figured I might as well go about it the proper way."

A light blue dialogue box blinked into existence in front of Oikawa.

Azide has challenged you to a half-loss duel. Accept?

> Yes

No

Azide shrugged. "As much as I'd hate to fight you, Oikawa, I think a bit of sparring just might straighten you out. There'll be no more bloodlust after this- whatever the result may be." He held Quantum Slicer at his side, adjusting his grip so until it sat comfortably in his hand, then looked back at his deranged guild mate. "I won't be navigating through this jungle with any blood lusted psychopaths. With any luck, I'll knock that lust straight out of you. What do you say, Oikawa?"

(OOC: To be continued in the next arc of the RP...)