(OP-F1) «Making His Way Around»

Zarryn walked through the woods, unaware of his surroundings, and sung a song merrily. He had been doing this for a long while now, and had still not found his way to anywhere useful. Zarryn started clapping, and went from singing to beatboxing for no reason other than for fun. He kept a steady beat, and eventually found himself stuttering and failing to beatbox.

He sighed and said sadly, "A pity. I had hoped to succeed this time."

I watched and listened to a player begin to sing eventually I began to run threw the tree branches towards the sound to try and see who it was. Then I heard beatboxing a sound I had not heard since IRL given the area I lived there was much beatboxing. When I arrived I could see that there was a player with pink hair down below. Eventually he slowed down and stopped.

"Hey that was good! Keep it going!" I said as I slid down the tree using my cutlass.

"Here Il play along!" I told the player as I slung my guitar around and cracked my fingers.

Zarryn was unphased by the sudden appearance of a player, and shrugged saying, "Nah man, I'm not really the type of person to do that type of stuff. Though, I do like your guitar." He smiled and turned to address the player, bowing and saying, "Call me Marilyn. It is a pleasure to meet you." He coughed and frowned as he realized that he had mixed up the two sentences. Oh well, accidents happen.

The guy complimented my guitar although many people don't notice on a count of my acrobatics stealing most it's thunder.

"Thanks man I like my axe too. Anyways my username is really annoying so everyone just calls me X. I'm actually pretty well known for performing covers of songs from the real world. I've even done a few shows." I replied to the guy who is now bowing.

I'm not really use the whole bowing thing I mean I am an American after all. Though my appearance and accent isn't difrent from most Midwestern Americans I'm actually of Mexican decent. Now I'm faced with the decision of trying to akwardly return a bow or being a true American and holding out my hand for a firm handshake.... "Yeah handshake it is" I thought in my head. I extended my hand out rather than bowing which was really wierd and foreign to me.

Zarryn nodded as he stood up straight and saw a hand being offered. He, in turn, formally shook the player's hand and said, "Nice to meet you, X. May I ask what your full username may be?" Zarryn smiled and stared past X, focusing on something far off in the distance. Several moments later, he snapped back to attention, hoping he hadn't missed out on any useful facts.

As Zarryn smiled pleasantly and waited for a response, he started twirling his thumbs, which is an art he excels at.

"It's XWuZHeAR look the reason behind it isn't important just chalk it up to bad decisions." I replied to the player with pink hair.

This guy seemed fairly low leveled maybe I should help him. I suddenly remembered the guild I was part of the council for. Obviously people don't really forget important details like that but I'm not exactly a normal person.

"Say you look low leveled. I got a guild that helps out players like you with leveling, skill choosing, proffesion choosing, anything you could think of really. We're called square one a pretty swell bunch although none are really as awesome as me if I should add." I told the player.

This player could have some success in the guild. In no way could we prep him for the soon coming boss fight but, we could still set him on the right track for the next one.

"Come on follow me il take you out to this place called the starlight cafe il treat you to something. I happen to know the owner pretty well although he never give me anything for free luckily I got some col." I said as I turned in the direction of the town of beginings and waited for the player to come along.

Zarryn shrugged and began to follow the player, curious about the cafe. As they walked, he thought in silence, eventually saying, "Tell me more about the guild, my interest has been piqued." He liked the concept the guild was built around, and was interested by the... what? Professions, that's it. He stayed at the same pace as the player, and asked after thinking some more, "Do you need a profession to play that guitar, or is that something we all can do?"

As we walked along heading for the town of beginings the player began asking questions I was of course happy to reply.

"Yeah you do. I'm a performer which means I can play an instrument do special acrobatics even sing better than I usually could. Hey if your interested in performing I couldn't be happier not many people choose it. When you become a performer you get to choose one instrument to play and it can be anything as long as it fits the sorta medieval vibe of the game." I explained to the player.

As we made it outside the forest we could see the town of beginings it wasn't far. I was actuallyrely excited to hear this guy ask questions about the performer proffesion like atleast two more and we got us a band. I know people would love that because we would be able to make better covers of all the music they remembered from outside the game. Upon reaching the entrance to the town of beginings I took in a deep breath.

Zarryn shook his head, displeased with the profession and how it worked. He had just wanted a guitar, not a job of playing a guitar. He saw the Town Of Beginnings ahead and said, "Tell me more about these professions, I'm sure there have to be more." Zarryn looked at X and laughed, he must sound like a complete and total newbie.

The guild also had his attention, and he fully intended to join when he had the chance. As they neared the Town, Zarryn couldn't help but smile. He had wound up walking with a near complete stranger, odd.

"Oh yeah of course there's more like merchant, alchemist, blacksmith, tailor, and of course performer" I explained to the player as we made our way to the starlight cafe.

Heading down the street I could already smell the aroma of coffee and tea from the cafe. When I reached the doors before entering I looked in the window and made sure the shop owner saw me. When he noticed me he began pointing away as if telling me to go away.

"Hey how's my favorite shop owner these days?" I said to the shop owner while entering.

"Are you actually gonna order something this time or are you just gonna bring your own food like always?" The shop owner replied as I sat down at the bar.

"Are you actually gonna show a little appreciation for the performer who brought most of your business to your little cafe?" I quickly responded to the shop owner who let out a chuckle and smiled.

"Alright alright il get you two coffes on the house." The shop owner calmly said as he began making the coffee.

Zarryn found the smells pleasant, but was focused on something entirely different. A blacksmith. Perhaps he could make armour and weapons. That would be quite nice, and he could help others for a change. He waited for the coffee and decided to try to clarify some things, "I am interested in becoming a blacksmith, but I am unsure of how to become one. Is there a level requirement?" Zarryn felt stupid, but he genuinely wanted to know. As the coffee arrived, Zarryn accepted his and took a sip, mildly enjoying the flavor. X seemed like a nice enough person, and Zarryn knew that they could be great friends.

Shinex was walking around the Town of Beginnings for the first time in a while. "God it's been such a long time since I've been here." Shinex looked back at his struggles. He shivered. "Those Little Nepents I fought were scary. Good thing I could take them out real easily now." That was when Shinex was doing a quest in the forest. Shinex entered the coffee shop and sat down. "No need to get me anything. I'm just relaxing." Shinex leaned against his chair. He noticed two people come in the coffee shop, but one looked familiar. Oh crap it's X.

OOC: dude shinex no one is in the forest anymore we are long gone. Your post is sorta out of place.

I took a sip of the coffee wasn't half bad. The player asked about becoming a blacksmith and how to do it.

"Blacksmithing is like any other proffesion you have to accept a quest called earning a living. It doesn't really have level requirements you just have to be ready to fight mobs. During my quest for my performing I got down to one HP." I explained to the player then took another sip of coffee.

I looked down at the cup which was a pretty standard mug.

"I did it by myself which is the way most people do it. It was really wierd because mine ended up having these really wierd NPC's." I said while looking up at the player.

"Anyways so for the guild you said you were interested earlier. right? Well il get you in I happen to be on the council after all." I told the player.

Zarryn nodded, a quest, no problem. Though, he would have to get stronger before he did any real fighting. He took a sip and said heartily, "Tell you what! Once I have my profession, I will make you something for free! That's a promise." He crossed his heart with his hand in a claw shape to make a point, and smiled. A promise it was. Zarryn sipped his coffee some more, and, after remembering the guild, said, "That would be nice. I can't wait."

He looked at X and leaned forwards, whispering, "What do you think of my hair color? I'm hoping it isn't too noticeable. I had it dyed not to long before I started the game. Now, it's permanent, well, until we escape the game."

(Alright X. Just fixed it up.)

Shinex got up and walked over to the table X was sitting at. He slapped X's back. Not too hard though. "You still as wild as ever?" Shinex noticed the other player he was with. The player seemed like a low level. Level 1 maybe? I wonder if X is just showing him around. I came here to relax. I guess it won't hurt to accompany these two. Shinex looked back at X and wait for a response. As long as I don't die I'll be fine with these two.

Ariel was on the first floor, she just exited her teacher Diana's shop after discussing the new fashion trends in Aincrad and get some more tailoring tips.

She decided to go for a drink at a nearby cafe, she made her way ignoring the nearby performer that apparently decided to sing her a serenade. When the guy became insistent, seeking her attention, she snapped at him almost yelling:

"Get away from me, geez, go sing to another girl. I'm busy!"

Then she entered the cafe, took a deep breath and scanned the place to see if she can get a seat somewhere. Her eyes stopped at a table with 2 familiar figures and a 3rd unknown one. It seems X and Shinex were chatting with somebody...a newbie judging by the fact that he wore basic equipment, she headed towards them while waving, hoping to get their attention. Once she got behind Shinex, she put her hand on his shoulder while saying on a mocking tone:

"And you said we probably wouldn't meet each other again"she changed her gaze towards the one sitting at the table saying "How's everybody doing?" She then stared directly at the pink haired guy, revealing a broad smile while saying:

"Nice to meet you, I'm Ariel!"

((allow me to get in the action:D

Zarryn sighed and addressed the female, saying, "A pleasure, Ariel. Call me Marilyn..." He spoke the way he did not from being bored, but because he was thinking about his career as a blacksmith. He liked the idea, he really did, but it might get, well, boring for him. He looked her up and down and said matter of factly, "Based on your behavior, you either know these guys or you are socially deprived and chose to talk to us. Which might it be?"

He coughed then, and took another sip of his now cooling coffee.

(Zarryn I'm not even kidding this is total SAO trivia) OOC edit: damnit ariel you just had post while I was writting mine hahaha ok so the order is Zarryn me shinex ariel.

After the player asked me about his pink hair I replied back to him. "You know after charecter editing was locked we still have access to change hair and eye color. It looks fine anyways not too bad I'm not really one for dying hair or even having longer hair."

I took another sip of my coffee and then shinex came up behind me and slapped me on the back. I set down my cup and turned to face him.

"Hey shinex, Ariel what are you guys doing here? After I left the group at the end of that quest I met this dude in that forest I ran off into." I said to the two who where standing right behind me.

"I'm surprised all three of us came to the first floor." Shinex answered. He turned to the new guy. "Sorry I didn't introduce myself early. The name is Shinex." Shinex then turned to Ariel. "Well as you can see in my expression I'm surprised." It was a lie. "Also, thanks for the boots." Shinex then turned towards X and the new guy. He already heard Marilyn's name. I thought he was a girl, but when I heard his deep voice it got me. I better not say anything. "So X, judging by the last time we met, you're probably gonna show off to him if we would train."

She didn't let the part "you are socially deprived and chose to talk to us" get to her, from his point of view she might appear that way. 

"We 3 did a quest together not so long ago, now that I think of it is actually surprising for all of us to be here...guess great minds think alike? As for me I just finished meeting with my teacher, she gave me some fashion tips, people in Aincrad are really picky about what they wear." she then took a better look at him."You should swing by my shop if you want some custom tailor-made items, like Shinex's boots right here. As you can see starting to get on the right track. Hehe" then she remembered what Shinex just said."If you guys are going training/sightseeing mind if I tag along? It's been a while since I've been here."