[PP-S4] Materials, Mobs and Mystery, Oh My!

Although it was cold outside, Tyger was bundled up well enough to grind for materials out in the snow. Even on their Avalanche excursion, it was still a fun experience, and the scenery was beautiful. So, when it was up to her what floor they did their hunt on, it was only natural that she migrated towards the winter wonderland. 

"I just love all this snow!"

Tyger practically purred, cheeks red from the wind chill. 

"We need to get as many materials as possible. Whether it's by mobs, hunting around, or whatever. I've got less than 5, and I gotta craft tomorrow."

She hoped today would be as productive as their past excursions, or maybe even better. 

"Whoever gets the most materials wins! I'll think of the prize as we go along, alright Baldur?"

Competition was something that always drove Tyger to do her best in the real world, even if the people around her didn't know they were part of her competition as well. So-and-so did 12 Xrays? Tyger will do 14. It was that train of thought needed to drive through the snows and get as much as they could.

"OH! I almost forgot. Close your eyes."

A devious smirk grew on Tyger's face.

Baldur smiled as he surveyed the wintry wonderland. The snow blanketing the fields around them looked pristine and beautiful. in the distance large pine trees found their branches weighted down as snow continuously dropped from the floor high above them.

if only stars had greeted them in the sky above, today would have been perfect and the view complete.

He turned to face Tyger as she asked him to close his eyes, and he gave her a mischievious smile, but did as she asked.

"I'm so glad i have such a trustworthy girlfriend that i don't have to worry about her attacking me with snowballs as i close my eyes."

Tyger rolled her eyes and put her hands on her hips.

"Oh? If you're gonna be like that, you don't get any gifts."

Her tone warned Baldur to not try any funny business. She grabbed his hands and pulled them out, so they'd be able to hold the things she was about to give him. A small bag was pulled from her inventory. It had 3 mats in there, to help out for the next day and a half of crafting. She put it in one hand, and then dropped it in the snow so he knew where it was. She then pulled out is katana, and placed it into his hands, transferring the item to him in the process. 

"Better love me, that was gonna be my weapon.."

She was teasing of course, but it probably was true. 

Name: Ama-no-Murakumo-no-Tsurugi (Sword of the Gathering Clouds of Heaven)

Crafted byTyger, Catfish Forge

Armor Type: Weapon, 2 Handed Katana

Rarity: Perfect

Description: Badassery may not have an exact form, but this is pretty freaking close.

Effect: +3 Damage

+3 mats to Baldur

-3 mats from Tyger

Baldur felt the weight and shape of something she placed in his hands, and his heart skipped a beat, but he waited until she told him he could open his eyes. When she implied that he could, he opened them and saw one of the most beautiful things in this world in his hands.

The perfect quality Katana she had forged for him.

warframe_katana_design_by_revincproducti

Baldur opened his mouth, and then closed it again. He couldn't find the words he was looking for to thank her. The cold was really getting to him, because his eyes started to water and he blinked them away. He gripped the sword and slowly, almost reverently, drew the blade.

"I... I don't know what to say... it's... it's perfect. Thank you, my love." He held the sword to the side and the blade glowed blue for a moment before he slashed the air. It felt so comfortable, so natural in his hand. With a ceremonial precision, Baldur sheathed the sword and held it at his hip. "Thank you so much." He reached out with his right arm to pull her close and kiss her.

Tyger watched Baldur take it all in. He worked with Katanas and other swords back in the real world, and it warmed her heart just to see that spark of happiness. He unsheathed it just like she'd watched him do thousands of times in the real world, and felt the weight and balance. She knew how picky he was, which was why this needed to be perfect.

"I'm glad you like it!"

She smiled warmly, watching him sheath the sword and pull her to his side. Her cheek rested against his cheek, until he kissed her. She returned the kiss, and then picked up the mats and handed them to him as well.

"Can't have my scrub boyfriend falling behind in crafting, now can we?"

Another tease, but if she didn't tease Baldur, he'd think something was wrong with her.

Baldur smiled and picked up the mats.

"I'll be sure to put both of these gifts to good use."

His smile was one of pure joy as he opened the menu and equipped the sword and transferred the mats to his inventory.

"I really am the luckiest guy and player in the world." His eyes twinkled at her as he shared a smile that was only for her.

"I love you."

"I love you too. Let's go kill some things."

Her voice was light, and she gave him a wink before bumping her hip into his and jogging out into the snow. Prepare for carnage, Floor 6. Baldur has a new sword and Tyger wants to kill things. The snowfall was heavier the farther she went up, but it wasn't near as bad as when they'd ascended to fight to Avalanche. 

"Let's get mat happy, shall we?" 

When they'd walked the last time, some of the Winter Ents were rather agitated with them. This time was no exception. Tyger passed the rickety tree without much care, until the whole thing literally fell on top of her with a rage, knocking her to the ground with a loud thud. Her yelp was muffled by the snow. The Ent chuckled in it's own language, and it's beady eyes turned to Baldur, as if daring him to come closer. Tyger stood and brushed herself off, cracking her knuckles and grabbing her sword and shield. 

"Uh, Timber?"

ID 8100, MD 1, BD 10

Tyger - 

Winter Ent - Hit Tyger for 3 (2 Mitigated)

Baldur -

Tyger - 21/22

Baldur - 22/22

Winter Ent - 11/11

"Tyger!" Baldur cried out as the tree came to life next them and collapsed on Tyger. He ran up to her and draw his sword, slashing at the tree's numerous branches, but as the tree stood back up to its full height, the roots of it under the snow swept Baldur's feet out from under him, sending him tumbling into the snow and missing his attack.

"Oof!" Baldur cried out as a puff of white snow erupted around him and the sight of the floor above them filled his vision for a moment.

[iD: 8101 BD: 1]

Tyger - 

Winter Ent - 

Baldur - Misses

Tyger - 21/22

Baldur - 22/22

Winter Ent - 11/11

Scattered twigs and dead branches littered the battle field, half obscured by the falling snow nearly moments later. Tyger shook her head, ridding her hair of the nice collection of snow she'd accumulated, and grabbed her frigid shield and sword. With all this snow and icy chills, she was glad she had her new armor with the fur cape she'd gotten. It didn't add anything of particular use, but it was comfortable at least. Baldur held the attention of the Ent for now, and Tyger knew better than to attack currently.

In the snow heavy path,t he sound didn't travel much, but it was enough to catch the Ent's attention as she howled, increasing the hate her opponent had for her. Her body grew tense with the anticipation of battle, and she slammed her sword into her shield with anger.

"C'mon then, bring it!"

The tree cracked off one of it's branches and hurled it at Tyger. Deftly maneuvering her shield, the projectile shattered into splinters. As if adding to the intimidation factor, Tyger's body glew orange as she healed herself with Battle Healing. Her eyes narrowed at the Ent.  

ID 8102, MD 3, BD 5, CD 10

Tyger - Howls, +1 HP Battle Healing

Winter Ent - Misses

Baldur -

Tyger - 22/22

Baldur - 22/22

Winter Ent - 11/11

Baldur rolled to his knees, into the seiza position. It was familiar to him. May of the forms they practiced from from this position. It was that little bit of normally he needed to remember what to do. From the kneeling position Baldur's legs exploded with a forgotten power as the Katana in his hand glowed blue and then they sprang forward, his azure arc cutting through the snowy sky and slicing through the Ent's main trunk with a strike so powerful the snowflakes flew away like he had rent the air around them as well.

Baldur watched the Ent's health bar shrink with smug satisfaction, blue, then yellow, then red. With that single blow he had almost killed it.

[iD: 8103 BD: 10]

Tyger - 

Winter Ent - 

Baldur - 8 DMG (1 base + 1 skill + 1 Athletics + 3 sword +2 Crit)

Tyger - 22/22

Baldur - 22/22

Winter Ent - 3/11

The tree broke with a resounding crack when Baldur managed to almost kill it in one shot. Tyger whistled through her teeth, surprised at the luck (as well as the damage, geeze!) that Baldur showed with his new sword. She knew he was a kid in a candy store, currently. However, that didn't change the fact that the tree still lived, and the only tree that deserved to grace this beautiful floor was a Christmas Fir in Tyger's mind. Christmas tree or bust. The Ent, still focused on Tyger, wobbled towards her, ignoring the massive amount of damage Baldur had obliterated it with. It was clumsy in it's low health, and made easy mistakes. Besides, they'd fought the Avalanche, and that was hard enough. This tree was easy. Tyger let it run towards her, until it all but impaled itself with her sword outstretched infront of her. The tree did all the work, and burst into the shimmering ploygons, doomed to float up into the atomsphere and disappear. The loot dropped from the boss, and Tyger accepted it gladly. 

"Guess we weren't barking up the wrong tree. Nice Col!"

ID 8104, BD 8, LD 18, MD 6-2 = 4

Tyger - Deals 5 Damage

Winter Ent - Dead

Baldur -

Tyger - 22/22

Baldur - 22/22

Winter Ent - 0/11 (Drops 1 Mat, 55 Col)

Baldur smiled as Tyger braced herself in such a way that the Ent practically killed itself. She was the Anvil and he was the hammer, and these mobs were smashing themselves between them. The shards of light that composed the tree drifted away into nothingness as Baldur sheathed his sword and accepted his share of the col.

A sound suddenly came across the cool night air and over the snowy blanket that covered the floor around them. He turned his head and saw a <<White Wolf>> off in the distance, it's eyes glowing red with menace as it stalked forward.

"Babe, a wolf!" Baldur focused his eyes on the creature and the cursor and its health bar appeared. Baldur took a deep breath and stepped into a wide stance, his hand right hand hovering over the hand of his katana and the left hand holding the Saya as his thumb pushed the Tsuba forward, freeing it from the scabbard.

"Nukitsuke!" Baldur roared as the blade glowed blue and he Charged the wolf. He was a blurr as his sword was unsheathed and radiated a cyan light, in less than half a second he had cleared a huge distance landing behind the wolf with his sword fully extended, the light trail leading from next Tyger through the wolf and ending with Baldur kneeled behind the wolf, quickly standing and taking the sword in both hands to prepare for the fight.

The wolf's health pool droped substantially, but it was quick to recover from the massive hit it took and whirled about, leaping at Baldur, but he merely side stepped and batted the wolf away.

[iD: BD 8 MD 3]

Baldur - Hits for 7 DMG

White Wolf - misses

Tyger - 

Tyger - 22/22

Baldur - 22/22

White Wolf - 5/12

The white wolf stood, almost blending in with the snow perfectly. It's red eyes seemed to pierce the crappy weather and burn holes into anything that it honed in on. No Baldur's were harmed in the making of the Wolf glare. 

"Hey Baby, we need to call it Ghost."

It matched the wolf from the book series perfectly. Baldur would know what she's talking about. However, her ideas of keeping the wolf as a battle mount were not to be, for Baldur had almost obliterated it in one hit once again. 

"Or we can just call it road kill."

Following up Baldur's attack, Tyger sliced upwards, dealing the finishing blow to the poor, white hunter. The wolf let out a mournful howl, but it was cut off by it's immediate explosion.

ID 8107, BD 5+2 = 7, MD 7-2=5, LD 6

Baldur - 

White Wolf - 

Tyger - Hits for 5 Damage, Thorns 

Tyger - 22/22

Baldur - 22/22

White Wolf - 0/12 (Drops 1 Mat)

Baldur smiled and sheathed his sword in the typical practiced noto. He flicked the blade to the side as if to throw off blood, then drew the back of the blade along his hand and the mouth of the saya before sheathing it slowly and ending with a click as the blade locked into place.

"Well done!"

He walked over to her and called up the menu with a downward swipe of his two fingers, then put his old sword into the trade window.

"You gave this to me to use, so maybe you can sell it in the shop. it's been a good weapon."

NameHell Fang

Crafted byTyger, Catfish Forge

Armor Type: Weapon, Scimitar

Rarity: Rare

Description: A golden and silver scimitar, bred for battle and hungry for the sight of the exploding shards of combat.

Effect: +2 Damage

Tyger took the sword and nodded.

"Yeah, i've done the same with my older sword too. After I craft my perfect sword, i'll do the same with Tiberius, probably. it's helped me quite a bit, but it can always help someone else, too."

She took the item into her inventory and continued their walk. 

"Hey Baldur?"

Tyger looked around, and up into the dark sky above them.

"Do you sometimes forget this is a game? I do sometimes."

A weighty confession, no doubt.

Baldur walked on with her in silence a bit further.

"Yes and no."

He was silent for another few steps, "I don't forget this is a game. There are just same days where I like it better."

Baldur blushed, but the cold wind of the floor had already made his cheeks a rosy red.

Thankfully, before Tyger had a chance to respond, a monster attacked them.

Was that a strange thing to think?

A mini version of <Avalanche> rose up out of the snow and lurched after Baldur. It's sharp claws lashed out at him, but in a single smooth motion Baldur had drawn his sword and stuck as well, and the two attacks collided, knocking the two of them away from eachother.

"Look, it's a mini-snow cone!"

[iD: 8110 BD: 1 MD: 5]

<<Hoarfrost>> Misses

<<Baldur>> Misses

<<Tyger>>

<<Hoarfrost>> 11/11 HP

<<Baldur>> 22/22 HP

<<Tyger>> 22/22 HP

Tyger listened to Baldur as they walked in silence, until he mentioned that sometimes he liked the game more than real life. 

Well.

Before she could mention anything, a mini Avalanche appeared. No, not a mini snow fall, a mini Avalanche. Baldur's reflexes had him tussling with the monster in an instant, giving Tyger enough time to plan out her move. Isn't this supposed to be the other way around? She mused, missing her first turn attacks. Oh well. She'd make up for it. The static light around her sword crackled with the familiar orange energy of a critical, and she lurched forward, slicing her sword down the side of the frosty creature. No howl needed, she'd just gotten ALL the attentions. Her head turned to Baldur as she pulled out her shield.

"Hopefully not because of anything i've done?"

She wasn't sure how good of a person she was in the real world, she'd almost forgotten. But, Baldur had his reasons... she just hoped it had nothing to do with anything she'd done. Leave it to Tyger to ask the worst questions at the worst possible time.

ID 8111, BD 10, MD 1

<<Hoarfrost>> 

<<Baldur>> 

<<Tyger>> Deals 7 Damage

<<Hoarfrost>> 4/11 HP

<<Baldur>> 22/22 HP

<<Tyger>> 22/22 HP

Baldur turned to face the Mini-avalanche as it engaged Tyger. She had sucker punched the think with her scimitar and now had its entire attention. As he moved to attack it, though, she asked him a question out of the blue. The creature swung at her, but it's claws only rang loudly when it hit her shield.

"Hopefully not because of anything i've done?"

Baldur's sword lost all power and went wide. He was completely taken off guard by what she said.

"Wait-- what? Why... What would that have to do with anything we were talking about?"

He gave up attacking as he was so thrown off guard and just stood there, his head cocked to the side and confusion covering his face.

[iD: 8112 BD: 2 MD: 3]

<<Hoarfrost>> misses

<<Baldur>> misses

<<Tyger>> 

<<Hoarfrost>> 4/11 HP

<<Baldur>> 22/22 HP

<<Tyger>> 22/22 HP

Baldur's reaction surprised her. 

"Well, you said that sometimes you liked the game more than real life, and, well..."

Her statement was interrupted as the mini-Avalanche hit her shield, sending her back a few feet as she blocked the attack. She picked up where she left off, unphased. 

"Ya know, i was wondering if maybe I do, or had done something, that would make you like this game more than real life. I dunno..."

She didn't seem to have as much fire or energy, causing her to miss the shot completely. She still held Hoarfrost's rage, at least. 

[iD: 8113 BD: 3 CD: 5]

<<Hoarfrost>> 

<<Baldur>> 

<<Tyger>> Missed

<<Hoarfrost>> 4/11 HP

<<Baldur>> 22/22 HP

<<Tyger>> 22/22 HP

Baldur stuck the tip of his sword the ground and put both of his hands over his face in confusion, shaking his head silently while the <<Hoarfrost>> wailed impotently against Tyger's shield.

"Oooh my god... I don't... how... You're in the game with me. If you were the reason there was a problem with life outside the game, how would I like the game more when you're still with me inside of it... that just.. how... how does that make any sense?!"

The look on Baldur's face was one of pure and complete incomprehension.

[iD: 8114 MD: 7 (-2 Tyger's block skill = 5)]

<<Hoarfrost>> Misses

<<Baldur>>  (didn't attack)

<<Tyger>> 

<<Hoarfrost>> 4/11 HP

<<Baldur>> 22/22 HP

<<Tyger>> 22/22 HP