[PP-F1] Dancing on Rainbows (Azide)

Alyss was still quite new around Sao and had not even left the starting area as of yet, it had been some time since they arrived, but she been walking around town helping out the young and scared.

She was a little over average in height and quite slender for her height, she had not yet told anyone her real age, cause she was scared that it would scare away people.

Cause after all she was quite old to be playing video games, but she was a game reviwer after all so she did get payed for it not much but a little was also money.

But this game had already showed her that it was not just a normal game, the first day they arrived ended up getting her stuck in this game with a bunch of others, where she felt like she needed to take care of the young onces. Alyss was taking a rest at the pond in the city of beginners and was looking towards the sky, seeing the rainbows dance over the skies it was as if this world was actually real and not just a game.

She came to the pond almost same time everyday cause it seemed as if there was always a rainbow on the sky at this time, and yet she had not seen a single other person notice it yet, it was maybe cause the other was way to busy fighting and trying to rush to there death, she had still not been out fighting a single time, it did make her a little scared knowing that there was someone that could kill her if she did not beat it first.

So she had been in the city all this time trying to meet people and get some friends to go on adventure with so she would not be alone out there her first time.

Azide stepped out of his shop, intending to go run some errands for the day. It felt noticeably humid, and he could see small puddles all around the streets. "Did it rain while I was working inside? I didn't even notice..." he thought. He closed the door behind and locked it, then found himself glancing up at the sky. A faint rainbow stretched out above, peering out from behind the clouds. He smiled, ever-so-slightly, glad to see such a sight in this world. "It's nice to know even a guy like Akihiko appreciates the smaller thing in life." He ran a few fingers through his hair, then brushed a few stray locks out of his eyes and adjusted his coat, then began his stroll across the Town of Beginnings. He was in no rush today, and found himself appreciating the subtle presence of the banner in the sky- although nobody seemed to pay it much attention. Most in the town seemed to be shuffling about, trying to make their way to their next destination as quickly as possible.

But out of the corner of his eye, he couldn't help but notice a lone player looking up towards the heavens. "Glad to see someone else who's noticed it at least." Seeing as he had all day to complete those errands of his, he made his way over, in hopes of striking up a bit of conversation. "So, were you daydreaming just now, or did you also happen to be enjoying the rainbow?" He scratched his head and chuckled. "Actually, it could easily be both. But my name's Azide, by the way. I couldn't help but notice that you're the only person around that's taking their time to enjoy the scenery today. It's usually a welcome sight after all the rain, don't you think?"

Alyss had been sitting at the pond for some time when hearing people rush back and forth around her as if they was in a hurry, but she just looked up at the skies as she heard a voice and smiled and looked over towards the guy and smiled.

She heard the guy say his name as she said "Nah i was not daydreaming Azide, but i was looking at the skies, it reminds me of home, i'm Alyss by the way" she said looking at the guy who did not look all that old.

She did feel a little sorry when she did see young people stuck in this world, she did almost start feeling bad inside when she did see em, cause it kept reminding her of they were trapped in this game.

"If your not in a hurry, there is enough space for you to sit down and look also, Do you work here in town?" she said still looking at the guy having taken in every aspect of his apperances trying to figure if this guy was actually higher level then herself, not that it was hard since she basically was a totally rookie at this game. and as she was talking people kept walking by stepping in the puddles as water did get throw from side to side from the rushing people.

Azide laughed, looking up at the sky for a moment of consideration. "Well, why not? It's a nice day." he thought. He made his way over and took a seat next to the girl. "Damn it, if I'd known I'd be sitting down I wouldn't brought a sheet or something." It was, after all, still wet from the fresh rain. "I sound so spoiled sometimes." He shook his head slightly, so as to not give off the idea that he was disapproving of the other player.

He looked over at the girl, who'd introduced herself as Alyss. From the looks of it, it seemed as if she was wearing one of the default sets of clothing. Even without access to her stats, he concluded she must be a relatively lower leveled player. She was somewhat tall, however- nearly as tall as himself. That wasn't saying too much, as he wasn't the tallest guy to begin with, but it was still something. He paused to consider her question, then smiled warmly. "Well, I suppose you could say that, actually. I just opened up my shop the other day- but it's all the way at the very edge of this place." He briefly watched as most of the other town's occupants continued on their way, heading off to their meetings, quests, and hunts. The soft patter of their feet was dampened by the rain, and turned into an assortment of tiny plops as they stepped in and out of the puddles. He turned back to Alyss. "I'm in no hurry, by the way. And I hope you don't mind me intruding, but what brings you to this park today?" 

He'd considered asking if she happened to be a lower leveled player, after thinking it over, found that a little too direct and on-the-nose. It'd be better to start out with a more personable approach. Besides, what would he do with that information anyway?

Alyss did not mind the guys questions and loved his answers as she looked around and said "I can see what you think, and yeah i'm a rookie player, i been helping out the orphans and those who's scared around the town, so haven't had much time to start my travels yet, even tho i'm not sure if i even want to start it, cause i feel sorry for the young onces stuck here in this world" she said and looked around seeing the other players and npcs walk by some looked happy others looked sad, it was like it was all real and not a game due to what they had been told.

"So you said you have a shop?, what kind of shop do you have?, maybe i could come by and help you sometimes, maybe run errants for you since it does not look like im going anywhere any time soon, even tho i would love to try fighting just once cause i seen some of the people that come to town wear some quite amazing gear, not just these saggy cloth and starter weapon that i got" she said sounding a mix of happy and depressed, and then looked back up at the sky and smiled happily. "It Truely is a good weather today"

Azide raised a brow and widened his eyes just the tiniest bit, giving him a somewhat perplexed expression. For someone such as himself, it was quite the rare look. "It's almost as if you read my mind there," he remarked with a chuckle. "But that's very noble of you. Being somewhat of the more adventurous type, I sometimes forget just how young some of the players here really are. The youngest I've met so far is about twelve or so, but believe me when I say she's rather... independent." He looked to the side, spying a few of these younger players playing in front of a building nearby. "In a way, they're all orphans. For now, at least. But we'll change that someday."

He listened as the woman asked him about his shop, offering to help with the place. "It's actually an alchemy shop, actually. Well, I like to think of it as my place of research, but we'll soon be working to supply Aincrad with the healing items it desperately needs to carry on this war. But you're welcome to stop by any time you'd like- just be sure to stand a good distance away when I'm mixing anything together, or you might get showered by small bits of glass. Not the most pleasant, or even cleansing shower, I might add."

The girl brought up the topic of fighting, along with equipment, looking somewhat dejected, before looking up with a sunnier expression. "I agree, the weather today is beautiful. In fact, it's the perfect weather for you to fight your first monster, don't you think?" He stood up, gesturing for her to follow suit.

Alyss giggled as he told her about his shop. "So your that horrible at alchemy?, i my self don't yet have a profession but i had in mind of maybe becoming a jeweler" She said and looked around at the kids playing.

"Your right they all are orphans in a way right now, and that will be changed at some point, hopefully before they get too old so they don't spend all there life in here, for me this is quite new to be playing a game for this long" she said and as the guy asked if she was ready to take on her first monster she got up and smiled.

"So your gonna try teach me how to fight?, i have played quite a bunch of games so if its just a little like other games then it should be quite easy" or at least thats what she hoped for as she got up from the pond's side and opened her inventory to equip her Khukiri as she followed the guy "So anything you have in mind?, cause you seem a bit higher level then me so you must have some tricks up your sleeves"

The girl's words were a blight against the budding alchemist's ego, but he had good sense to admit that they range true. "Guilty as charge- for the moment, at least," he replied. He raised his hands in front of him, as if surrendering on the topic. "It's not quite the smooth transition from chemistry as I was hoping, but I'm slowly becoming more familiar with it. But a jeweler? Now that's something you don't see too often here in Aincrad." He grinned, hoping his words wouldn't discourage her. "But hey, that means you'll have practically the entire market to yourself." He noticed how her gaze would occasionally shift to the group of children, and wondered if she happened to know any of them. "Probably not too likely- she would've mentioned it by now, I'm sure." By the time she'd commented on them, she'd already began getting ready for their little trip. "The faster we clear these floors, the sooner they can return to their real lives," he offered. "So we'll just have to do what we can to make that happen!" 

As they began walking, Alyss had a few questions to ask regarding combat. "Well, about what you said earlier- this is actually one of the first video games I've played before. So considering I'm still alive and well, I have no doubt that you'll get adjusted fairly quickly." He watched as she equipped a curved sword of some sort; it was likely a starter weapon. Still, he kept his own rapier sheathed. "If I have any tips for combat, it'd be this." He held up a finger and glanced at her. "Don't get hit," he said, adding a second finger. "Hit it until it's dead." He laughed, but there was a lot of truth to be had in his advice.

They were fairly close to the edge of town by now, and he could spot a field with a few boar walking around up ahead. "So how about it? Feeling up to the challenge, Alyss?"

She had just followed the guy behind her as she kept on eying the kids as she did move her gaze back to the guy

"Yeah we better hurry, cause its saddening to see the kids being trapped in this world" she said the two kept on moving towards the edge of town to get out into the fields.

As he soon responded to her question about tips for fighting "So tip one is don't die, and tip two is stab the enemy until its dead?" she said and laughed softly.

"I like your tips but those two seems quite obvious even without you saying em, so this is one of your first?, i been playing quite a few since i write game reviews as a part time job" she said a little proud about it.

The two soon came to the other edge of town as she could see some boars out on the fields.

"I'm up for the challenge and hopefully none of us get killed here"

"If it sounds obvious- it's because that's really all there is to it," Azide remarked. "Sword Art Online is relatively simple in terms of combat, and its focus on melee weapons really keeps things rather easy to grasp. It might be a different story if the game included a magical aspect, but since it doesn't, fighting here is very straightforward." The two continued making their way past the edge of town and into the field, but continued their conversation throughout. "So you write game reviews, huh? I'm a little curious what you rate this one. My opinion of this game?" He gave a thumbs down to make clear his own opinion. "I can't say I've ever really been a gamer. Growing up, I stayed away from video games, knowing how addictive they could be. So as it turns out, the one time I try one just to get a friend to shut up about it, I end up here." He chuckled, having long gotten over any resentment of his situation. He pointed ahead at a boar, but kept his own rapier sheathed. "But on a more relevant matter, ready for your first kill?" He looked at the creature, which was now pawing at the ground, as if ready to charge. "I'll stand back for this one, but if you're in any danger of being attacked, I'll step in immediately." He stepped back, then gestured towards the animal.

ID 8306 BD4    MD

[Alyss Misses]

[boar Hits for 1 ]

Alyss smiled at him as the two walked in the town "i don't quite yet know what i rate it but so far its an okay game, only bad aspect so far is that you actually die when you die in this game, its lucky that i don't like playing as tank" she said and giggled, "Cause i think that is damm scary to be on the front all the time setting your life on the line every time" as she could see the boars in the distance and smiled to her self and as Azida was about to tell her she was the one to go first she had already rushed ahead and pulled her Kiri but to her disappointment she did not get it out quick enough as the boar had already charged and did ram into her leg and made her fall over the pig and land behind it missing her chance for an attack as she had taken a little bit of damage her self.

as she thought to her self "That was god damm stupid of me i should have drawn my weapon before rushing instead of the other way around."

[Alyss 8/9]

[boar 6/6]

"I can see how you might not enjoy that part," remarked Azide. He reached his hand behind his neck and held it. "And I don't even play as a tank- but I've found myself a few hits from dying a fair amount of times already. Not a pleasant feeling, I can tell you that. I can't even begin to imagine playing as someone whose goal is to attract all the hits to themselves," added with a laugh.

As they finally came within sprinting distance of the boar, he watched as Alyss took off towards the boar without drawing her sword, and ended up taking a hit before she could unsheathe it. He cupped his hands together. "You're breaking both rules I told you, Alyss! Concentrate!"

8544  BD 3      MD 7

She giggled and looked towards Azide and said "You try and hit it do your best" she said and did grab her weapon but for some reason it was stuck in its sheath so she could not get it op as the boar rammed into her once more sending her to the ground but lucky for her her blade got thrown to the ground beside her so she could pick it up and now had her Kiri in her hand.

"Damm that boar does not like me, it rams me like some pig in heat" she said and was getting ready for the next round.

[Alyss Misses]

[boar Hits for 1 ]

[Alyss 7/9]

[boar 6/6]

"That's something I didn't need to imagine," said Azide. He slid both of his hands into his pockets and laughed with a shake of his head. "If I hit it, the fight is effectively over." He walked up a little closer to Alyss and the Boar, but didn't draw the boar's attention. "If the boar brings you below half of your health, I'll strike it down. Sound fair?" He looked at her blade, which at the current time still sat in its sheath. "You might also find some benefit in unsheathing your weapon before you charge," he remarked.

• 2 weeks later...

Alyss draws her blade as the boar charges towards her and she had only just drawn her weapon as the boar pushes her back so that she cuts Azide in the arm making quite the wound on his arm as she just giggles as she slams to the ground.

"Thats what happens when you talk to much in a fight " she said and looked over at him as she slowly got up again.

[Alyss Misses The boar but hits Azide for 5 damage + bleed for two rounds.]

[boar Hits for 1 ]

[Alyss 6/9]

[boar 6/6]

Azide winced as the girl's blade cut into his arm. It was a relatively sharp edge, that was for sure. "Usually my jacket would block most of the damage entirely, but I suppose player weapons tend to be sharper than enemy claws and fangs." The red gash that resulted seemed to stick around a lot longer than it normally did. "Is this the bleed effect I read about?" he wondered. In any case, he shook his head stepped back, laughing the incident off. "Probably an honest mistake, but I can't say I'm amused." He pointed back toward the boar. "Your target's over there, Alyss." He looked at the wound on his arm and briefly considered finishing the creature off himself, but decided against it. "Just be careful with that thing," he added.

Damage taken (Azide) = 5 (Base) - 3 (Mitigation) + 1 (Bleed) = 3

Azide HP: 19/22 (-3) (Bleed 1/2)

Alyss HP: 6/9

Boar HP: 6/9

ID 10652 BD 6+3 (9) MD 8

Azide HP: 19/22 (-3) (Bleed 1/2)
Alyss HP: 5/9

Boar HP: 1/9

Alyss just smiled at Azide and giggled "Don't worry i know, but your yelling distracts me so i must hit something and it was you who was closest" She said and then turned around as the boar did come charging towards her.

and did knock her off her legs as her blade did slice the belly of the boar.

"But yeah that red stuff is bleed effect" she said and giggled.

He watched as the boar came charging towards the girl once more, managing to sweep her off of her feet, though at the cost of the majority of its remaining health points. The creature's health bar plummeted to a tiny sliver as the girl's blade sliced cleanly through its belly. The girl stood back up and revealed the nature of the wound he'd been inflicted with. He watched as the glowing gash seemed to pulse once more before slowly fading away as expected, taking another sliver of health from his bar in the process. "You sure do giggle a lot for someone who's been getting tackled around by a boar," he remarked. "And gee, that sure is good to know. Never suffered the bleed effect before until now, ironically."

Damage taken (Azide) = 1 (Bleed)

Azide HP: 18/22 (-1) (Bleed 2/2)

Alyss HP: 5/9

Boar HP: 1/9